[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a thread a couple weeks ago asking about the quality of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: dairyqueen1_1.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dairyqueen1_1.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
I made a thread a couple weeks ago asking about the quality of food at Dairy Queen, as I live by one and I've never been. I have always heard mixed opinions on the place, some calling it bottom rung garbage worse than mcdonalds, while others hold it with highest regard reserved only for whataburger, in n out, and other popular fast food establishments that garner a cult following. I've now been twice and will share my experience.
>>
>>7481257
They've had commercials for in in nyc for decades, but there hasn't been one in forever until 2 years ago. it's in such a populated place tho with way better options so i've never been able to try it
>>
My first trip was for a blizzard, the signature dessert. I've never had a blizzard and get made fun of because apparently around here never having a blizzard is like saying your still a virgin. I got m&m but there were a million other types to choose from, I just panicked and said m&m. It was actually very good, now I know why people like them. M&m ended up being a great choice because the bits of candy froze in the ice cream giving them a good hard crunch. I don't think the ice cream was real but for soft serve it was good.
>>
Since the blizzard was good I was a little less apprehensive about ordering the second time. There were quite a few things on the menu but nothing off the wall. I chose to order conservatively anyway and settled for a #1 combo. Basic hamburger, fries, and drink. The burger appears to be dressed almost just like the original whataburger with mustard instead of mayo or ketchup, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle. Also like whataburger the flagship item does not include cheese. The difference between the two is that Dairy Queen uses rings of red onion whereas Whataburger uses diced white onion. Dairy Queen also uses thicker crinkle cut pickles, whataburger uses thinner straight slices. She asked if I'd like to add cheese, bacon or jalapeƱo, I agreed to taking all three.
>>
>>7481292
good choice
>>
I looked inside and noticed that all of the employees were white, already a good sign that the food should be decent. The window person gave me my Sprite and asked if I'd pull around front, another good sign as that usually means my food is being prepared fresh and might take a couple minutes. I'm very skeptical when my food is handed to me immediately. I pulled around and waited about four minutes until a young white female brought out my order and wished me a good evening.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (11 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
11 KB, 261x193
They used to have pulled pork sandwiches that were dank. They do have some of the best tendies out there for fast food imhjo, that basket come with some tasty toast and French fries. The icecream is great too
>>
>>7481325
The Canadian DQ doesn't give you texas toast with your tendies, what a rip.
>>
I resisted the urge to eat some fries on the way home because I live so close and wanted to have a good look at the food before I messed it up. The fries come out first, they're still very hot and I can tell they came out of the fryer only a couple of minutes ago. I was a little surprised, they are thick! I guess I was expecting regular fast food fries like Whataburger or Sonic but these fries are hefty. Even thicker than Burger King. They didn't give me any ketchup but I didn't ask either, luckily I keep a bottle of Whataburger ketchup around. The fries are solid, once again they are comparable to Whataburger, just meatier. No weird distinct smell like McDonald's, no cardboard texture like Burger King, just a solid fast food french fry.
>>
>>7481257
I get steak fingers from time to time for some childhood nostalgia. Wouldn't say they're amazing or anything.

Dude Burger is fine too, it's like a steak finger patty burger. Thing is, it's not a hot seller so they can be freezer burned from time to time.

I consider DQ and Sonic similar in the fact that I enjoy them but the food is the last thing I would get there.
>>
>>7481276
>>7481292
>>7481310
>>7481335
Why don't you just go ahead and suck Whataburger's dick at this point
>>
>>7481257
Their ice cream is great if you like softserve.

Their hamburgers and hotdogs are pretty low tier even for fast food.
Their chicken strips are ok, not great but when you ate them as kids you still like them enough.

>>7481325
I havent eaten there in forever, I loved their BBQ sandwhich. It would be sad if they did get rid of it.
>>
The fries definitely pass with flying colors, now the moment of truth. The single patty Hunger Buster with added cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. It's in a simple wrapper, I like how the packaging isn't brimming with memes like McDonald's. The burger looks well assembled and reminds me of (once again) Whataburger, which also resembles a burger you'd get at a diner. It's decent sized but a bit smaller than a Whopper or original Whataburger. There were lots of veggies piled high, all fresh. Bun is soft and fresh. The bacon was very crispy, no chew at all but great salty smokey flavor. The jalapenos were like the pickled nacho cheese slices. Meat seemed to be decent quality, nothing fake or "off" tasting like some fast food. Cheese tasted like cheese, glad I got it. As a single patty burger this one is very heavy on veggie toppings with the meat patty playing an important role but not hogging the show. For comparison the Whopper and original Whataburger are similar in this regard.
>>
>>7481346
And on this anons suggestion, I'm going to wrap things up by sucking Whataburgers dick. The Hunger Buster really is good considering its a fast food burger. There was nothing to complain about and I'll probably start eating there because it's so close. The fries were actually better than Whataburger and my burger was barely worse, just a little smaller and a few nit pickings. All in all Dairy Queen is pretty high tier I have to say. I look forward to trying the finger baskets. Chicken or steak?
>>
>>7481382
I'm glad to hear it's still good and hasn't fallen (at least significantly) into cost-cutting. It's been a while but their bacon cheeseburgers really were top notch, especially for fast food
>>
>>7481257
Meh
It will make a turd
>>
>>7481257
I grew up in a small town in Texas, we literally hung out at Dairy Queen on a regular basis. I've tried everything on the menu and can attest that it's all dank food. Especially the Jarritos
>>
>>7481257
I'm a big fan of the brownie cookie dough blizzard, but the food is okay I guess. It's not awful or anything, just average, kind of like sonic or something.

Doesn't give me the mega diarrhea liquid shits like McDonalds does at least.
>>
File: slayer.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
slayer.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
if you eat anything at dairy queen besides ice cream you're a retard.
>>
I always thought their burgers were pretty top tier for fast food. There is no DQ near me now though, so it has been several years since I've had one.
>>
File: 1435207634444.jpg (88 KB, 1103x640) Image search: [Google]
1435207634444.jpg
88 KB, 1103x640
>>7481310
>I looked inside and noticed that all of the employees were white, already a good sign that the food should be decent.
is this normal on /ck/? to say something like this and not get called a polack?
>>
>>7481824
OP here, Mexicans can also be great employees and make really good food. It all depends. Here it is extremely rare to see white people working in fast food, or food in general. When white people are working it's usually slow but they do a good job. Mexicans are very fast and have great skill but they often don't do the order right because maybe they don't understand english. I'm sorry but black people are usually horrible at doing work. They have a bad attitude, put no care into following instructions. White people care about the food but they are very slow, Mexicans are very fast and make great food but they make lots of mistakes, black people seem like they don't care most of the time.
>>
>>7481681
Don't pretend their tendies aren't top fucking notch
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.