[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the trick to making good potato wedges at home? Oven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1-2-1-2-potato.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1-2-1-2-potato.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
What's the trick to making good potato wedges at home? Oven or fried.

Every time I try, some of them come out good, the rest come out as undercooked shit.
>>
You parboiling them?
>>
Oven and fried.
I parboil the wedges then bake to dry them out some so they develop a pellicule and allow them to cool in the oven. Then, I fry briefly, just enough to heat them up and turn them golden.
Crispest yet fluffiest p'taters ever.
>>
>>6019773
>so they develop a pellicule
ah yes, developing a pellicule on the chipped tuberous nightshade root boundary is my favorite part!
>>
>>6019773
that sounds marvelous. how long does it take though, all up?
>>
>>6019809
About 50 minutes. 4-5 to boil the water, 4-5 to parboil the potato 15-20 to bake it, 15-20 to cool and 2-3 minutes to fry. If you cut the potato while the water is boiling and heat up the oil at the tail-end of the cool down, you save a few minutes.

>>6019808
VOCABULARY MAKE KRONK ANGRY!!! VOCABULARY BAD! KRONK SMASH VOCABULARY!
>>
>>6019817
VOCABULARY MAKE KRONK-X SPECIAL!!! VOCABULARY UNIQUE! KRONK-X TWEET VOCABULARY!
>>
>>6019825
This
>>6019817
Not this

2290 SAT, come at me bro
>>
>>6019829
>SAT
What next, are you going to show off your middle school diploma? Your shoe tying abilities?
>>
>>6019829
>american education
Ah, your contempt for wordiness all makes sense now!
>>
>>6019853

Well if you just want to go to IIT or the University of Guatemala, then you don't need the SAT.
>>
>>6019875
That's nice.
I'll put that right up on the fridge so everyone can see what a good student you are. You get a gold star, too. And a lolly. What flavour would you like?
>>
>>6019883

Sorry, pedophilia does not appeal to me and is in fact illegal in the civilized world.
>>
>>6019891
>admits to being underage
Leave.
>>
>>6019829
35 on my ACT. Only missed three questions. I win. Can post proof.
>>
>>6019891
>pedophilia
>admitting you are underage
>>
>>6019896
>>6019900
he made a lolly/loli joke you fucking newfags

you know, like lolicon? but you guys are more into shotacon, aren't you?
>>
>>6019896
>>6019900
>being this new
>>
>>6019743
>Every time I try, some of them come out good, the rest come out as undercooked shit.

You're doing something inconsistently. Either you're cutting the potatoes to inconsistent shapes, or they're getting piled up or otherwise crowded when you cook them.
>>
>>6019912
Or his oven has cold spots?
>>
>>6019829
>anything/2400
child please
>>
>>6019891
>confusing lolly and loli

lol, get a load of this guy
>>
>>6019743
have you tried cooking them longer?
>>
>>6019954
This is why you rotate the tray halfway through.

OP, toss the potatoes in kosher salt and olive oil before hand, the salt will rough up the surface of the potato, exposing more for that delicious browning crispiness you want
>>
deepfry at 325 until lightly golden
let sit for 30 minutes
deep fry at 375 until golden

The outside will cook the inside while its resting
>>
Don't boil them. Just put them in the oven with some oil for about 45 minutes and stir them a few times
>>
ROAST potato wedges are different than French fried potatoes.
>>
>>6020626
>"are different than"
>not 'differ from'
Does this pass for proper grammar now?
>>
Brush them with mayo. It gives them a broasted, like crust on the outside of the wedge.
>>
>>6019743
I cut mine into wedges and powder them a bit with powdered salt and spices. I bake them in the oven until they puff up. I always make them rest on their skins. That helps them puff up and helps prevent sticking. They get crispy on the outside and fully cooked on the inside like that.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.