[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /ck/, /k/ here I need to know the best meals to make on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: broke-is-expensive.gif (74 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
broke-is-expensive.gif
74 KB, 500x335
Sup /ck/, /k/ here

I need to know the best meals to make on a $35 budget. I don't get paid for 2 more weeks and I'm not a welfare queen.

Also, preferably no chinese shit or whatever, I don't want to get banned by SJW mods, but suffice to say I prefer not to interact with those people.
>>
Rice and Beans
>>
>>6017616
I foresee instant ramen in your future, babby killer
>>
>>6017616
Spaghetti, canned diced tomatoes.

Reduce can of tomatoes with basil, oregano, squirt of ketchup for sweetness until thick. $2.50 = 3-6 meals depending on appetite
>>
Buy thanksgiving leftover influx like rolls, canned shit and frozen stuff like hamburgers and family sized entrees from stoffers and get maybe 1 or 2 comfy food/snacks so you dont feel like a slave
>>
Eat wild plants. Chicory, clovers, dandelion, cattails, plantains (the weed, not the fruit), ground ivy, pokeweed.

Wild carrots ("queen anne's lace") are edible, but look a lot like many plants that will kill you. Don't pick mushrooms.
>>
>>6017693
He said he's almost broke not a wild hobo what wandered into a library.
Id you're in America there are also a lot of food events for people right now like Soup Bowl amd all that shit you just show up you dont have to sign up for it
>>
>>6017616

dried beans or lentils and rice from local indian grocer
>>
>>6017703

He can use it as garnish for all the lentils and rice he'll be eating for 2 weeks.
>>
>>6017693
>eating plants from the ground
What the fuck, who does this
>>
>>6017728
People who forage, either because it's tasty or because it's free?

OP : Telling us what you already have in your pantry would help. Otherwise, joining the rice and beans chorus (well, any grain and any pulse combo) so that you stay full.
>>
Op, have a paypal?
>>
>>6017728
literally everyone

unless you buy your vegetables from a hydroponic farm
>>
You mention you are from /k/. OP do you have access to game meat?
>>
Rice + Chopped Vegetables + Pork or Chicken meat
>>
File: 1395386675057.jpg (92 KB, 496x609) Image search: [Google]
1395386675057.jpg
92 KB, 496x609
>>6017616
>I don't want to get banned by SJW mods
>mfw this is what 4chan has come to
>>
>>6017633
this. it's 15 cents for a pack. less if you buy in bulk. looks like the asians are having the last laugh.
>>
>>6017616

here's your kcal for the next two weeks loser.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Long-Grain-Enriched-Rice-20-Lb/10315883

>32320 kcal
>$9
>2300 kcal /day
now learn to cook like an irish housewife or a mexican teen mom and welcome to the rest of your life.

>eggs
>beans
>salt
>meat is only for flavoring

I'd suggest you get off your high horse and visit a food pantry, but people like you I could care less if you want to pretend you're too good for it

>b-but m-muh dignitty!
>you fucked up so bad you have $35 to eat on, you are the dregs of society bitch

enjoy feeling better than all the other slobs in the exact same position you are in
>in b4 it's not mah fawlt!
>>
well the first thing you should look at is your supermarket's weekly sale flyer. Lots of good deals there.

if you can find big cans of chili beans, go for it.
>>
>>6020709

It's bullshit you dunces.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Maruchan-Instant-Lunch-Beef-Ramen-Noodle-Baby-Pack-12ct/15570903

this is $2.22 for 24 packs or 4560 kcal

if he bought 4 of them for $10 he'd have just over 1 HALF the calories for a 20 lb bag of rice.

>>6020716

Ramen is expensive when your poor

>RAMEN IS EXPENSIVE IF YOUR POOR

get it through your heads, richie richs. You have no clue what it's like to actually be hungry.
>>
>>6020730
well he should just starve since he's too stupid to know anything about budgeting.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.