[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHIT DOESN'T WORK found this on /fit/ but having trouble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1456675361283.jpg (249 KB, 613x1362) Image search: [Google]
1456675361283.jpg
249 KB, 613x1362
SHIT DOESN'T WORK

found this on /fit/ but having trouble implementing 5. because it says to form patties but the patties just fall apart. tried cooking them a bit and forming patties then but it won't work either. been using sunflower oil btw

help
>>
>>7444685
Less water, more egg and flour
Your tuna might be too watery
>>
>>7444685

Your choice of cooking oil doesn't matter.

You didn't state exactly what your procedure was so it's hard to find out where you fucked up, but the best guesses are:

1) you did drain the tuna, right? Too much juice from the tuna can will make them fall apart.

2) you did add the egg and the flour, right? Those are the binders which hold the patties together.

3) You aren't trying to flip the patties before the bottom is cooked all the way, are you?

Remember that you can always add more flour if you think the mixture is too soft to form patties. Recipes are guidelines, you don't need to follow them exactly.
>>
>>7444685
This is exactly why /ck/ needs a sticky.
>>
>>7444706

Because OP is too retarded to read a cookbook or consult cooking websites?

If anything, this is the exact opposite: it shows how what 4channers created is shite, and people after real knowledge should go elsewhere.
>>
>>7444706
>patties don't stick
>needs a sticky

I see what you did there and don't like it.
>>
>>7444706
Why isn't there a sticky?
Cooking is fairly objective, the basics don't change do they?
>>
File: brotein meatbowl.jpg (2 MB, 1372x4872) Image search: [Google]
brotein meatbowl.jpg
2 MB, 1372x4872
>/fit/ trying to cook
>>
>>7444685

>mix well

did you mix well? or did you lightly mix?

i have made this before, and it says mix well for a reason.
>>
>>7444763

/ck/ trying to cook >>7439803
>>
>>7444763

/ck/ still trying to cook >>7446018
>>
>>7444685
If you are seriously having problems with this, you should probably consider just giving up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGLpBWGKkZ0

Gordon Ramsay's way of doing it.
>>
>>7444685
For the egg make sure you use just the egg yolk, not the white. I'd recommend putting your tuna in some paper towels to absorb some water or pressing it against the side of your strainer. You should be coating the patties in some flour after forming then which helps retain their shape. Outside of all that, if you're still fucking up I'd say just fry your face in your fancy sunflower oil.
>>
>>7444685
you must be legit mentally handicapped then. egg and flour make a fucking binding agent. you are quite literally one of the stupidist fuckers I have ever seen
>>
>>7444685
How can you fuck this shit up I made this over 10 times and it came out fine.
>>
>>7444685
No one has mentioned it, but you might need to shred your tuna more. If the chunks are too large no amount of egg and flour are going to keep them together. It should hold together if the fish is properly shredded and the egg and flour are just extra binders to keep it together. Shredding it up more also gets rid of extra liquid that contributes to it falling apart.
>>
I made these as a little kid all the time. You may be clinically retarded.
>>
>>7448234
>uk and ireland is all of europe
No, that's just the UK and Ireland. And that's what Amerifriends would call cayenne. In the US, however, it seems like cayenne is pretty rare to find whole/fresh, especially green ones.
America is 'peño-country.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22green+cayenne+pepper%22&tbm=isch&gws_rd=ssl

I would imagine that the reason for cayenne's ubiquity in the English-speaking world outside of the states is due to the Portuguese empire introducing it from its native Guiana to the rest of its colonies, especially India and eastern China, where Brits first encountered it.
>>
>>7448519
We're talking about Europe, not the Middle East.

>seriously, I knew france uses them too because they got them from guiana, just like the portuguese and, in fact, the capital of french guiana is 'cayenne'
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.