[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pancakes and Waffles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
So my favorite foods are pancakes and waffles. Current bid for the best pancake I've made was just invented as I was making them
2 c flour
1/2 sugar
1 or 2 TB baking powder (haven't figured out which is better)
2 Eggs separated
2 C Milk
1 TB Butter
A decently sized pinch of salt
A Dash of Vanilla

Combine solids and liquids in separate bowl
Butter should be actual sticks of butter not margarine or any of the likings, cream sugar and butter together
Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form for thicker pancakes
Combine liquids and solids anf cook on med-high heat
Makes 8-10 medium sized pancakes.
Prefer waffles yet I have yet to perfect my recipe nor do I know it off the top of my head.

Use heavy cream and milk if you want to add fruit.

Just wondering if anyone else had good recipes for either that I could try.
>>
>>7402610
OP here
If you have any idea of how to tweak my recipe please let me know
>>
That sounds pretty great. Never used salt or vanilla in them before, I'll try that.

All I can add is that I was cutting out milk once and subbed the milk for coconut milk and butter for olive oil and it was still pretty edible, so if you can't into dairy, there's that.

I'd also strongly recommend you sift your flour (shake it through a sieve to break up any lumps).

What do you put on your pancakes OP? I like lemon juice and sugar. Reminds me of being a kid on pancake day. It was a weird feeling when I'd lived away from my parents for years and I suddenly realised that I'm proficient enough to start cooking pancakes, and that I can have them any time I want.
>>
I just cooked up and ate some lemon, American-style pancakes. I usually make them with bicarb and something acidic for lift.
Today, however, I forgot to add the bicarb and acid (lemon juice, in this case) until after the batter was already mixed so I stirred in the bicarb then added and stirred in the lemon juice at the end.
Know what?
Fluffiest pancakes I've ever made. I'm guessing it's because adding the bicarb and acid just before cooking makes the rising action less weak, resulting in a higher, fluffier pancake.

As for recipes... well... sorry, but I don't measure anything except for when I'm baking bread. I added about a half cup of flour, an egg, a splash of milk, a drizzle of veg oil, about 2tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt. It made about a dozen dipping-sized pancakes, which is about four regular-sized ones, I'd guess. Then, after mixing in the batter, I added about a quarter tsp or so of bicarb and the juice of half a lemon as well as its freshly-grated rind.
When making plain or vanilla pancakes, I use white vinegar instead of lemon juice.
>>
I personally like chocolate chips in mine. But if there aren't any but there are rainbow sprinkles those do the job. And if non of those cinnamon and sugar is perfect. All of those would obviously be cooked into it.
I prefer pancake syrup like aunt Jemima not maple syrup though don't hate me.

What does adding an acid like lemon juice do to the pancakes?
>>
>>7404265
>What does adding an acid like lemon juice do to the pancakes?

Flavor as well as acid for the activation of bicarb for extra air/fluffiness in the pancake
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.