[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What you like to put in coleslaw and what dressing? I just moved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: uk hedgeroads.jpg (143 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
uk hedgeroads.jpg
143 KB, 736x1104
What you like to put in coleslaw and what dressing?

I just moved to a cooler region where vegetables grow very well.
I have a good supply of cheap and fresh cabbage, lettuce, kale, apples, carrots, beans, radishes, onions etc.

As I'm trying to live cheap until I'm settled I was thinking I could eat it or variations on it for the fibre and nutrients to counter the dense and stodgy low priced meat and root vegetables that I have also found here.

only problem is how do I keep it interesting and how do I make it last to cut down on preparation time?
>>
>>7402856
Make cabbage stir fry instead
>>
>>7402856
Brussel sprouts are good in slaw. I do half head of red cabbage and equal amount of brussel sprouts. Dressing is only mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper
>>
File: Slaw.jpg (111 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Slaw.jpg
111 KB, 500x750
>>7402856

My base dressing:
3 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 TBS oil (sun flower or whatever you have)
1.5 TBS sweetener (honey, white sugar, brown sugar, whatever)
1 TSP each of: salt, pepper, mustard, celery seed

Use this ratio to make as much as you need.

Tweak the recipe by using a variety of different vinegar and sweetness combo's. Add some heat with either cayenne or chili pepper. Add some sweet with apple slices or sliced grapes. Cut back on the sweet and add some ginger. Add some almonds, or walnuts, or pecans.

There's any number of combinations you can come up with to keep it "fresh".

You could even go the mayo route, if that's your thing.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.