[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's surely nice that we're on another country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Spanish-Restaurants.jpg (95 KB, 580x393) Image search: [Google]
Spanish-Restaurants.jpg
95 KB, 580x393
>It's surely nice that we're on another country anon, the culture and the buildings are amazing.

>However, it's time for food, so we'll eat the same fucking shit we eat back at our home country instead of trying the typical country that is here

Anyone else hate this fucking shit?
>>
It's just people playing it safe.
>>
>>7401193
It's like when I'm watching Wheel of Fortune with my grandma, and they win a trip to Hawaii... just to eat a fucking hotel omelette.
>>
>>7401193
God no. Fuck those third worlds and their awful sanitation. Any "authentic" cuisine they have I am 100% certain I can find better right here in the P of C (Provinces of Canada). Made by professionals, with hygiene standards of a first world country. Not Rita the "chef" that makes $2 a day and has no knowledge of microorganisms.
No thanks, I'll eat superior western food (which is why you can find it literally in every country on the planet), until I can get back home and eat their "authentic" cuisine done better by professionals right here in the West.
>>
fattyclaps BTFO
>>
>>7401204

sometimes it's also culinary xenophobia.

I fucking hate faggots that keep shitting on everything that's not from their country until they get back.

Like, I fucking get it, only your city/country makes the sauce as you like it, can you just fucking shut up?

>>7401209

like this guy for example
>>
>>7401209
Get a death.
>>
File: prole cap.jpg (8 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
prole cap.jpg
8 KB, 236x214
>>7401193
>proles and the middle class are awful
I know.
>>
>>7401193
Each country has its own microbiota in raw foodstuffs. The locals had build immunity to it. Tourists need to gradually build immunity to avoid the runs. Start with the standard fast food like kfc and McD. Then try hot cooked foods and hot drinks. After a few days, then widen your choices. This is true even in Western countries I visited.
>>
one of the best parts of travel for me is sampling their takes on our food.
>>
don't give a fuck m8 after 2-3 weeks of bun rieu pho bun bo hue and banh cuon cha lua I'm glad as fuck that I found Chucks Burgers on Le Lai street.
>>
File: in loo.png (616 KB, 827x829) Image search: [Google]
in loo.png
616 KB, 827x829
>Why won't you eat the local food, Anon? Are you racist?
>>
>>7401756
>be 12 yr old in majorca with grandparents
>rule #1: do not drink the local tapwater
>bottled water everywhere
>stay uncontaminated for 2 weeks
>be chilling by the pool
>little brother spots a wallet at the bottom of the pool
>dive in and get it
>find the owner
>he buys me a coke from the poolside bar for being a bro
>drink it without thinking
>that evening
>stomach pains and vomiting/diarrhea
>lasts for 2 days
>sudden realisation
>the coke had ice
>the ice was made from tapwater
Sneaky fucking Spaniards and their poisoned tapwater.
>>
>>7401193
>Anyone else hate this fucking shit
No because I have never experienced it, it doesn't sound real
>>
>>7401902
No one expects the Spanish ice
>>
>>7401208
Well, in Hawaii your only other option would probably be spam.
>>
I don't usually have that problem travelling with family, local cuisine is an integral part of the trip. There's one or two days that my incredibly picky cousin will be catered to, but that's usually a slight compromise anyway.
>>
>>7401193
Whenever we vacation with my parents, it's a struggle to try and convince my dad not to go to Chilis or Olive Garden.
>>
>Live in HK with my girlfriend
>Her parents come to visit
>They're from the UK
>They try a few Chinese restaurants
>They compare them to their local takeaway
>After day three almost every meal is McD's
>Eat more McD's that week than I've eaten in the year before

Alternatively

>Dad is originally from HK
>Every country he visits he needs to have Chinese food
>France, Israel
>Even back in the States mostly every meal is Chinese food, preferably Cantonese

Old people, seriously.
>>
>>7401215
>I fucking hate faggots that keep shitting on everything that's not from their country until they get back.

New Yorkers do this shit all the time, and they don't even have to leave the country to do it. It's like, fine, I get it, everything is better in New York. So fucking go back there and spare us your bitching.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.