[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chicken picatta. Easy and quick to prepare. Makes great sandwiches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: chicken-picatta.jpg (111 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
chicken-picatta.jpg
111 KB, 640x480
Chicken picatta. Easy and quick to prepare. Makes great sandwiches if you have leftovers.

Post your favorite go-to dishes that you wish you'd learn earlier in life than you did.
>>
>>7401054
Always wanted to make this but never have wine in the house. I suppose I could use chicken stock instead of wine?

And I guess one of my go to dishes is breakfast. I love breakfast for dinner, buttermilk pancakes and eggs with some sausage mmmm.

Wish I learned earlier? Well it's not a dish as it's a side, but home fries. Dice up the potatoes and then microwave the potatoes for a few minutes. Then throw in a cast iron pan that's already sauteed onions and peppers while the potatoes were nuking. Let them crisp up and flip a few times and get them nice and crunchy. And of course season them. Seasoned salt, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, fressshhhhhhly ground black pepper, and I add Accent too (MSG.)

Love home fries!
>>
>>7401054
How can you start a thread like this, and not post a recipe?

Why does nobody post recipes on this board anymore?
>>
>>7401138
I always fuck up home fries, but then again, I never microwave. How long? Do you rinse the starch off?
>>
>>7401144
It's chicken breast, flour, S&P, olive oil & butter, and parsley at the end.

How much hand holding do you need?
>>
>>7401156
Seriously microwaving them saves so much time as to boiling. I ALWAYS wash my potatoes because, well, they are grown underground... I don't peel them, I like the skin.

1) Wash and rub them so all the dirt comes off
2) Cut them into equal sized parts (so they cook at the same time)
3) Wrap each in a paper towel individually
** For 3 "normal" russet potatoes I would start at 5 minutes and check, then do a minute until a little pliable
4) Do what I said and throw them in the pan (I hope you were cooking the peppers and onions while they were nuking!)
5) DON'T TOUCH. let them crisp up and get that delicious crust.
>>
>>7401157
>sharing recipes on a cooking board is stupid

There are many ways to make the same dish, it's nice to know little tricks or steps that some people like to put in their recipes that you may not have thought of before. You don't have to be such a cunt.
>>
>>7401167
Ah sheet, gonna have to make this with some sausage and cheese to make it a meal.
>>
>>7401188
I guess you could add cayenne or parika to the chicken too to give it a little spice? I mean, it's a very basic dish. But true, I guess I was harsh, I'm sorry.

Like I said maybe add to the flour cayenne, parika, garlic powder, accent, all sorts of stuff but don't go too crazy! And I also forgot to add you need capers to make piccata. I would hold the capers in my hand and run it under cold water to help rinse the salt off from them being pickled.

>>7401196
That sounds delicious! I would cook the sausage first and then remove it, and fry the peppers, onions, and potatoes in the rended fat from the sausage (adding oil and butter as needed.)

Then I would probably throw it in a dutch oven and put the cheese in too and mix it all up and pop it in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is all nice and melted.

Fuck you! You made me want to make this for dinner now haha.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.