[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Places like this in your town? There are quite a few around here,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 640x1136
Places like this in your town? There are quite a few around here, I think because it's kind of a ghetto area. Pic related has been there forever. When I was a kid it was just donuts and Chinese and maybe burgers. The Louisiana Fried Chicken is a later addition.

There used to be a 99cent store/fried chicken/laundrymat, but they went out of business. Can you believe it?
>>
File: image.jpg (833 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
833 KB, 2448x2448
At first I thought Mr.Pizza did only burgers and Mexican first. I was imagining a man whose last name just happened to be Pizza. And all his life people think he is just a pizza guy, but there is more to him. He ears deeply to make burgers and tacos. Pizza does not appeal to Mr. Pizza. Every day they mock him. They come into his shop and order pizza. They think he is a joke. When he tells them of his savory burgers, his artisan tacos. But they laugh.
>how can you not have pizza? It says Pizza right there!
But he'll show them. Someday they will all understand.
>>
Did you just start a thread about strip malls?
>>
Strip mall restaurants are in every town
except if it's a small rural town or something
>>
>>7397955
>>7398249
No, you guys. I am talking about single restaurants that serve a weird combination of things. The OP pic is one drive through.
>>
File: fallwinter2007001.jpg (80 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fallwinter2007001.jpg
80 KB, 800x600
Strip mall thread?

>the state university of Florida
>>
>>7398708
good old Tallahassee

I miss Kool Beanz
>>
Place in my neighborhood in the city does Mexican and Chinese. Never tried it and assumed its not great.
>>
>>7398734
I would assume they do at least one thing right. Mexican is hard to fuck up, but then again I live in SoCal. The place in my OP has really good donuts. I tried the Chinese once and it was really bad. Never got the courage to try the burgers or chicken, though.
>>
>>7398249
I live in a large city.
There are no strip malls here at all, never mind strip mall restaurants. You have to go out a little out of the city to get to a strip mall and most of those just have Korean and Vietnamese things because that's who owns them. There's one strip mall, however, with Russian, Persian and, oddly enough, south Indian food under one roof: a former Olive Garden. You can order blintzes and borscht while someone you're dining with gets hodi and dosas. Then you share a plate of shiriniye nokhodchi after.
>>
>>7397835
>There used to be a 99cent store/fried chicken/laundrymat, but they went out of business. Can you believe it?

No, I can't believe it. That sounds like the perfect recipe for making money in the ghetto.
>>
We got one place that kind of fits the bill where I'm from.
Core of menu: burgers, sandwiches, chicken tenders, etc fast food.
randomly includes scattered items from other cultures. a few asian items, a few mexican items.

Owners are east asian. i'm pretty sure the quesadillas, chicken teriyaki, tacos, etc were pretty much "fuck it we can easily make this to expand the menu" decisions.

it is nice to have the option of things like pastrami that'd never be at a normal \burger place.

>>7398823
That sounds pretty based.
>>
File: header2.png (14 KB, 366x121) Image search: [Google]
header2.png
14 KB, 366x121
Sadly this Irish-Mexican place nearby just went out of business
>>
>>7398896
In one of the ghettos in my area, there was a dollar store running out of an out-of-business supermarket that sold all sort of ridiculous shit for a buck from carpeting and tiles (a dollar per square foot) to cat-6a and HDMI cables of varying lengths to fabric and yarn (a buck per yard or skein, respectively) to Indian groceries and bootleg Indian DVDs.

They also sold hot food on Sundays at $5 per plate. As I recall, you'd get a samosa, naan, a meat, bean or paneer curry, a veg curry and a salad.
>>
File: white people.webm (322 KB, 400x420) Image search: [Google]
white people.webm
322 KB, 400x420
I felt relief that something so vile wouldn't exist close to where I live but then I realized that the place in OP's pic is literally 15 minutes away. How do shitty places like this even survive?
>>
File: LaBambaSushi.jpg (90 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
LaBambaSushi.jpg
90 KB, 750x1000
There's a "local"/family owned chain that specializes in Mexican food, but about a year ago, the one at my uni started serving sushi and it's actually really good and pretty, even.

>pic related (look up file name)

I really dislike Chinese buffets that mix it up with an American menu for kids/picky eaters. Idk about y'all, but I've had too many experiences with that sort of thing because their menu was huge yet unappetizing since they're not focusing on improving their Chinese selection.

A local sushi joint started doing the same thing, but with Asian dishes. There's already a Thai restaurant across the street; they don't need more Thai dishes - they should be bringing back their buckwheat udon and mochi ice cream.

>>7399083
Just recently? I thought they've been out of business for a few years now.

Still sad though. The ones I've seen haven't been turned into anything. It's always eerie seeing franchises that had a specific build being disused or used as something else (like the old Taco Bell into a tax/loan service building).
>>
File: bellaire.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
bellaire.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>
>>7399083
Dude, that sounds cool. I would give it a shot!
>>7399133
Where do you live?
>>7399140
There is a place here that is a fusion Mexican/Sushi joint. I have been meaning to go since they have good reviews, it's just pretty pricey for a kind of fast/casual place.
Buffets are always let-downs unless you're in Vegas imo
>>
>>7397835

Is that in SoCal? I thought I saw a sign similar to that while driving around.
>>
>>7399157
I know where that is
there's an amazing beignet place near there
>>
>>7399086
jesus. i mean, was that in USA? I'd like to see it with my own eyes.
>>
>>7399086
sounds awesome desu. i would go there just for the food plate.
>>
>>7399159
Well used to live.
Chino Hills, but in SD for college
>>
>>7399186
>>7399186
It's in Pomona right across the street from the Hospital right off the 10 freeway on Garey. My dad used to stop there almost every morning to get a soda and a croissant and let us get someththing if we wanted when I was a little kid. Nowadays I only go there if I need donuts at insane hours of the night.
I am kind of curious to give the chicken a shot, but why do that when we have Donahoo's literally right down the street
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.