[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
parchment bake fish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: fish guy.jpg (299 KB, 1461x1096) Image search: [Google]
fish guy.jpg
299 KB, 1461x1096
ey, senpai. What ya'lls favorite fish 4 a parchment bake is?
Thinking about doing a parchment baked hake.
>>
Turbot, obviously
>>
File: file.png (727 KB, 500x703) Image search: [Google]
file.png
727 KB, 500x703
My wife's son makes a damn good baked fugu. He gave me the recipe last week. Give it a try.

Rinse couscous in fine mesh strainer, under cold water, lay out on parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with pinch of salt. Set aside. Cut parchment paper into 15 by 48-inch sheet. Fold in 1/2 and lay on baking/cookie sheet. Unfold and lay fugu diagonally on sheet pan on top of 1 layer of parchment. Salt and pepper fish, inside and out. Place herbs inside cavity of fish along with 1/2 of lemon, and 1/2 of red onion. Arrange couscous next to fish on all sides. Put garlic, and remaining lemon and red onion on fugu and lay tomatoes and artichoke hearts around outside of couscous, creating somewhat of a wall. Pour wine over fish and dot with butter. Fold over edges of parchment paper, stapling if necessary, to create and almost airtight seal. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Carefully open and serve (be aware of deadly toxins in the fish).
>>
Sea bream at the moment. Bit of texture to it, nice sweet flavour, enough fat to hold up to interesting seasoning.
>>
>>7387570
Where do you get fugu? Just curious
>>
>>7387513
Anything pale and flaky/buttery is good for this application. A few herbs, splash of lemon juice and white wine, and boom.

Big fan of rockfish myself.
>>
>>7387593

I work at an izakaya
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.