[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work at a deli and the main point of my station is baked potatoes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: loadedbakedpotato.jpg (25 KB, 380x253) Image search: [Google]
loadedbakedpotato.jpg
25 KB, 380x253
I work at a deli and the main point of my station is baked potatoes. I make roughly 5 trays of baked potatoes a day, each tray holding ten potatoes. Any professional tips to managing these butes? I work 7 to 9 hour shifts and usually toss any potatoes older than 2 hours if that info helps.Any tips in dressing them would be cool as well.
>>
>>7345564
>Any professional tips

get a better job
>>
>deli
>baked potatoes

never heard about baked potatoes being sold at a deli

even distribution of the ingredients is key when it comes to baked potatoes. you don't want to have one incredibly delicious, cheesey, buttery bite followed by another that's just plain potato. also presentation. make it look appetizing

id say maybe cut into the potato multiple times after the initial large cut to try to get the toppings in all the nooks and crannies

melt the butter so you can spread it evenly. salted butter might be the way to go. butter should probably go first, then maybe cheese, sour cream, then green onions
>>
>>7345572
Naw mang, chick makes six figs a year, we have no kids, I do this for fun. I want to get good at a hobby, sorry some poor sap's job is my fun dick around time.
>>
>>7345575

>>deli
>>baked potatoes
>never heard about baked potatoes being sold at a deli

we do

>even distribution of the ingredients is key when it comes to baked potatoes. you don't want to have one incredibly delicious, cheesey, buttery bite followed by another that's just plain potato. also presentation. make it look appetizing

I like this

>even distribution of the ingredients is key when it comes to baked potatoes. you don't want to have one incredibly delicious, cheesey, buttery bite followed by another that's just plain potato. also presentation. make it look appetizing

I do one vertical cut followed by a horizontal cut, thinking of changing to cut twice horizontally,

>> melt the butter so you can spread it evenly. salted butter might be the way to go. butter should probably go first, then maybe cheese, sour cream, then green onions
no cheap ricks, this is work. Ive dressed 20 potatoes at once several times
>>
>>7345575
>you don't want to have one incredibly delicious, cheesey, buttery bite followed by another that's just plain potato. also presentation. make it look appetizing

I dont want a boring bite but I consider one of the best things of baked potatoes being random quantities of ingredients working in harmony
>>
>>7345600
you could also slightly hollow the top of the potato out a little so the filling to potato ratio is more in favour of the filling
>>
>>7345607
This is cheating but my pride likes it
>>
>>7345606
the fillings and the potato work in harmony. when you get a bite that's all filling it feels guilty. when you get a bite that's all potato you feel cheated
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.