[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the healthiest diet in the world, /ck/, and why would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Specific-Carbohydrate-Diet.jpg (124 KB, 500x726) Image search: [Google]
Specific-Carbohydrate-Diet.jpg
124 KB, 500x726
What is the healthiest diet in the world, /ck/, and why would it not be the GAPS/SCD/Paleo diet, i.e that by which man has evolved by which to be fuelled for almost the entirety of the time mankind has existed? We've only recently in such absurd abundance, eaten cheap, complex carbs like bread, pasta, processed foods and fuck me chemical pollutants, for at max a few thousand years. A few generations. All of whom have seen a vast increase in our immune systems going batshit and our mental health deteriorating too.
Me:
>16 years on this diet
>22 years as a drunk, heroin addict, crack addict, hardcore 'psychonaut'
>Ulcerative pancolitis; "treatment within 6 months is inevitable" said the docs. Went online, saw Dr N Mcbride, made appointment
>16 years later, still in remission as long as I don't deviate from her diet, not one bite.
>If i deviate EVEN BY ACCIDENT WITHOUT KNOWING IT, i get ill within 48hrs
>2 trillion micro-organisms in the adult human intestine, a handful are understood yet utterly integral to natural immunity
>This diet exclusively feeds the 'good' bacteria
>Bodily microflora acknowledged to be the 'next big thing' in medical research, just too complicated atm
>Liver function "ok", no scarring, no enlarging despite junkie
>Liver failure massively more common in countries where complex carbs are consumed in abundance
>"Incurable" diseases cured/remission to date: Ulcerative colitis, crohns disease, celiac disease, autism, dyslexia, depression, dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD, schizophrenia, and more by the fucking day
>Decade and a half of personal experience
>My gastroenterologist, a consultant doctor, says he finds it "highly intriguing and worthy of further research"
>millions of people now using it worldwide, global hype reaching fever pitch
>IT SIMPLY FUCKING WORKS
why aren't you using food as a medicine, /ck/?
>>
>that by which man has evolved by which to be fuelled for almost the entirety of the time mankind has existed

whatever you think this is is probably bollocks
>>
>>7340842
what else could our ancestors have eaten but that which is freely available, growing in the wild, without need for being processed into something else before we eat it?
it's no coincidence that almost without exception, these are the things which happen to have the precise molecular structures which are allowed on the diets i mentioned. simple sugars, not complex carbs. almost exclusively. eat complex carbs in the abundance we do today? we're deviating from that which nature provides. to approximately the same extent to which we've increased our intake of these alien molecules, our health has decreased accordingly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_V._Haas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_Carbohydrate_Diet

http://www.gapsdiet.com/

16 years, still in remission. "6 months until surgery" my formerly blood-belching ass.
>>
I don't put much thought into my diet but it certainly isn't paleo. I almost never get sick, and I think I'm a generally well-adjusted human bean.

I wonder if your drinking and drug doing might have had something to do with your butt bleeding problems.
>>
>>7340877

why are you banging on about complex carbs so much? they're widely available in the wild.
>>
File: europe-heart-death-men-2000[1].png (1 MB, 1254x1290) Image search: [Google]
europe-heart-death-men-2000[1].png
1 MB, 1254x1290
Without getting into fad diets, I'd say the Mediterranean diet at large. Pic related, the rate of heart diseases in Europe. Notice the massive gap between the Mediterraneans (actual Mediterraneans, not meme Mediterraneans like the Southern Slavs) and the rest of Europe.

>Fresh vegetables
>Olive oil
>Lots of fish
>Nuts and berries
>Fresh fruit
>Salads
What more can a man want?
>>
>>7340947

a burger
>>
File: aba[1].jpg (500 KB, 1354x1053) Image search: [Google]
aba[1].jpg
500 KB, 1354x1053
>>7340955
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_hamburger
>Prior to the disputed invention of the hamburger in the United States, similar foods already existed in the culinary tradition of Europe. The Apicius cookbook, a collection of ancient Roman recipes that may date to the early 4th century, details a preparation of beef called isicia omentata; served as a baked patty in which beef is mixed with pine kernels, black and green peppercorns, and white wine, isicia omentata may be the earliest precursor to the hamburger

Checkmate Barbarians!
>>
why would you want to eat the diet we ate when we were unevolved cavemen and not the diet that we started eating when we built modern civilization?
>>
>>7340825
This post is a fucking mess. And tl;dr. Fuck off
>>
This is bullshit. The only thing I avoid is processed foods, and I'm objectively healthier than the people around me, including my vegan friend who constantly stresses about what he's eating.
>>
because these "ancestral health" diets always revolve around meat/animal innards and I just wouldn't be happy eating like that. I don't even eat much sugar or grains but if I couldn't have potatoes or beans or dairy either I'd starve.

seems like personal tastes and aversions don't have any bearing at all on what my body needs, welp.
>>
>>7340825
Plant based diet.

Plants just have the most health benefits.

>>7340947
>olive oil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_o4YBQPKtQ
stop memeing
>>
>If i deviate EVEN BY ACCIDENT WITHOUT KNOWING IT, i get ill within 48hrs
your immune system is shit, dude.

>Paleo diet, i.e that by which man has evolved by which to be fuelled for almost the entirety of the time mankind has existed?
lel
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.