[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that hangover, /ck/? >how are you medicating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 12
File: hangover1-590x330.jpg (33 KB, 590x330) Image search: [Google]
hangover1-590x330.jpg
33 KB, 590x330
How's that hangover, /ck/?

>how are you medicating?
>>
I've quit drinking and self medicated with phenibut. Replaced one addiction with another
>>
I quit smoking weed because my last roommate would literally threaten to have me arrested every time something didn't go his way (crumbs on the toaster means he's literally going to call the cops on me for smoking weed), now I've moved away from that and my dealers have been dry for a good while. So I've been drinking. It's not as fun, it gives me a hangover, it makes it harder to wake up, but I really can't just be sober in my free time. I wish I could get weed again, I've been looking. It's just so much less of a time investment, you don't have to wake up feeling bad when you're smoking.

I made a mushroom and onion omelet this morning. Was really good and helped my hangover a good bit.
>>
>>7329042
Powerade, aspirin, dude weed, and a good fap

Works miracles
>>
>>7329042
Marijuana and coconut water works pretty good
>>
Threads like this remind me why it was a good thing that I quit drinking 4 months ago. But, I was an alcoholic, on a downward spiral. Can't ever go back to that.
>>
All memes aside Bacon sandwich. Extra greasy.
With a glass of OJ.
>>
>>7329105
Congrats anon. Im trying to stop too, or at least cut back. I'm tired of feeling so dull and foggy during the day
>>
>breakfast

Egg burrito with roasted peppers, vitamin water

>mid day

naked fruit drink

>lunch

coconut water, honey BLT, and dill pickle chips

>post lunch

iced coffee with sweetened milk

>later
???
>>
>>7329085
Dude. Dream Market.
>>
>drank the last of my vodka last night
>at moms house and can't get drunk on beer or she'll worry about me

what do /ck/
>>
>>7329085
Dude, just vape the weed
>>
>>7329105

I made it 5 months before I relapsed

God speed, anon
>>
I'm used to comedowns so I don't even really notice hangovers that much tbqh
>>
Drank less last night that i have in a while....its been a long taper but im down to like 5 beers a night. 10.5 abv but non the less better than the two bottles of wine and a six pack a night i was at.
>>
>>7329247
Go get more vodka, or just be a man and don't drink
>>
Trying to cut back.... But the hangover was a 6/10 today. Was up all night watching Game of Thrones so I didn't sleep much. 3 eggs, 2 sausage patties, and some toast. Drinkin' lots of water too. My fucking old dog juts slipped and her her leg though which is reallllyyyy a bummer. Hope she's okay and didn't tear anything. Too old for surgery or anything serious, so I'm hoping it's a sprain. Anything worse and we might have to put her down. A nice, lazy hangover day just got really sad and depressing. Kinda wanna just drink again and say fuck it, but I can't be drunk with her around in case she needs help later or in the middle of the night.
>>
drank nothing but rum for 6 days straight, didn't eat a damn thing the entire time. was literally laid out in bed for 2 days, finally up and about and having a couple taco truck tacos with some snapple.

that drive to the taco truck was scary. after drinking for so long you feel disconnected as fuck.
>>
>be drunk for 22 years
>55 units/day average in recent months
>collapse
>ambulance
>detox, DT's
>be clean
>CANNOT sleep without booze to knock me out
>feel worse than ever
feel better emotionally, but holy shit sleep deprivation is killing me.
>>
>>7329042
I rarely get hung over, but when I do, hashed potatoes cooked with a generous amount of oil and butter always makes me feel good.
>>
The fuck? I always though /ck/ was the official alcoholic board.. I'd expect this thread to be more about withdrawal cures rather than hangover cures. I am disappointed
>>
>>7329372

for those two days i went through withdrawal and DTs, i just drank a shitload of water and pedialyte. even thinking of anything else would make me vomit.
>>
>>7329368
oh and there's only one way to kill a hangover, other than drinking more or smoking heroin anyway, and it's to drink absolutely shitloads of water while you're getting drunk. tedious, but you'll thank yourself the next morning.
>>
>>7329372
Withdrawal cure
1) drink half bottle of vodka from the bottle
Wala
>>
File: 1452107812781.jpg (252 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452107812781.jpg
252 KB, 1000x1000
>How's that hangover, /ck/?
Shite
>how are you medicating?
Beer, food, and shitty action movies
>>
>>7329089
Fap is great
>>
>>7329379
>half bottle of vodka
only gets me mildly tipsy. feel sober and lethargic an hour later.
fuck alcohol.

is anyone legit scared and really desperate to stop drinking? i'm 37, alcohol nearly killed me, have brain lesions, am partially sighted, lost every relationship and friend, house hasn't been hoovered since 2011, etc...if you're in a real state, i recommend listening to alan watts. this one in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAGdinXZjSc

bit disappointing that he died from alcoholism in his 50's, but this helped me more than AA, more than the NHS, CBT, more than the fact that it's legit going to end my life if i don't stop. i used weed for 5 years in an attempt to stop/reduce, and for a year and a half i used heroin and crack, i was that desperate to stop drinking. on weds i'll be 2 weeks sober.
>>
>>7329390
fapping just makes the headache more unbearable
>>
>>7329395

I could see me turning into you. 13 shots a day, more than double that on weekends

Already got put on pills for withdrawl anxiety and anti depressants

Im 26
>>
>>7329390
>>7329398

Alcohol withdrawal releases cortisol that increases arousal that's why

>Treating a symptom

Drink a litre of water and slosh some baileys in your coffee
>>
What's the most disgusting hangover cure lads? I've heard of raw egg yellow with worchestershire and Tabasco which I've been meaning to try. Anyone know if that shit works?
>>
>>7329411
i remember being your age and laying in bed saying out loud to myself, "help me" over and over. nobody helped.
stop if you can mate, it's no joke ending up with every relationship ruined, friend gone, with holes in your brain and constant pain in your back, legs and feet because of alcoholic neuropathy. even being a heroin addict was a relief, simply because it got me off the booze for a while.
>>
>>7329418

Fuck that.

Extra strength liqui gels, advil or no name.

Thank me in half an hour or so
>>
>>7329429
Nah I want something nasty as shit, makes me feel manly.
>>
>>7329424

Ive been what i consider an alcoholic for over two years, a drunkard for long before that. I remember waiting outside the liquor store for it to open too many times

The struggle is real m8
>>
>>7329440
dunno what to tell you mang. what i will say is that the boredom/anxiety/depression or whatever it is that makes you drink now, gets worse and worse the older you get, so it's best to stop asap. especially if you have any friends left. and haven't yet ruined a relationship with a girl you legit love. i'm so lucky to be alive at all.

give that youtube vid a try maybe. bit of a long listen, but alan watts was a master, helped me more than anything else.
alcoholism is not to be fucked with. i've now got to build a life from scratch, and there's nobody around to help me, everyone got sick of me years ago. good luck.
>>
Powerade/Gatorade and stay active. Hangovers always seem to be less noticeable if I hydrate quickly and do something other than lay on the couch/sit around.
>>
>>7329250

I never smoked weed in the house, the dude literally would lie to the absentee landlord that I smoked weed in the house to try to get me evicted and also threatened to call the cops to search my room and my car for weed when he got pissy, even though he said he was completely fine with it on most other occasions. Dude would hold it over my head like I was supposed to obey his every whim or else he would destroy me. I don't take that shit. He would also accuse me of being high when I wasn't, it was real pathetic of him but either way that's not someone I want to live with, so I moved the fuck out. Fuck you Michael Kasalo.

Dude was a fucking psycho, never met someone that crazy. It really blew my mind.
>>
>>7329466
>stay active
getting out of the house and going for a walk seem to help. i don´t know if it´s just from walking or from the fresh air, but i always feel better after walking through town for an hour or so, listening to music
>>
>>7329354
Can't buy liqour on sunday.
>>
>>7329499
'Murica
>>
>>7329521
>Notre Dame graduate

Yeah he should of known that this guy was an uptight faggot.
>>
>>7329395
Good luck dude. I'm not there yet, but I know people who have been and it's rough. I'm trying to cut back before I end up sliding down that slippery slope. Super addictive personality. Trying to smoke some more weed and cut out the booze. Also, I'm tryin to lose weight and alcohol sure doesnt help.

>>7329416
I must have insane amounts of cortisol cuz I am ridiculously horny when hungover. I can fap 6-10 times a day on a bad hangover day. Fucking wild.
>>
>>7329582
after a while weed makes things worse desu. bliss for a while, but then i got anxiety because of the weed so started drinking simultaneously, and after years smoking and drinking daily, became legit psychotic. been on quetiapine and diazepam for years because of it.
being overweight is a good sign desu. i'd go a week and eat nothing when i was deep into alcoholism. lost fucking 140lbs in weight when i became a fully-blown, 2 bottles of smirnoff a day alchie.
>>
File: unknown.png (7 KB, 390x73) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
7 KB, 390x73
>>7329416
First time drinking since new year.
>Ears still ringing from shitty house music
>Neck 1.5l of water
>piss
>bed
>wake up at 10am
>fester for half an hour maximum comfy
>fap
>beef and vegetable chunky soup
>carry on with my day
Maybe it's the placebo but it feels like it clears my head and ups my heart rate a bit so I can start my Sunday
>>
Had a fireball tea, a double shot, and a mimosa last night. Then a godfather when I got home. Didn't even get buzzed. What the fuck. Am I gonna have to stop drinking for a month to lower my tolerance?
>>
just drank a few pbr last night, i drink with my hangover in mind because they are so debilitating now.
>>
>>7329611
You could also lose weight, but I understand you Americans are rather attached to your fat.
>>
>>7329596
fucking desu.

t b h
>>
>>7329042
The only hangover cure as far as I'm concerned:
>Plan your drunkness and buy a gatorade for the following morning
>Wake up, brush your teeth
>If you are lucky enough to need to take a shit, do that, it works wonders to get rid of the black beer farts
>If you can't eat because you're too naseous, that's okay.
>Two alka-seltzer tablets with some water
>Down the gatorade
>Bacon sandwich when you can

wa-la! within two hours of waking up your hangover should be gone.
>>
>>7329621
That's not how hangover cures work you stupid nigger.
>>
>>7329618
I only weigh 108 pounds, but I know you foreigners are attached to your brain hemorrhages
>>
>>7329582
i also seem to fap way more when i wake up with a bad hangover, like two or three times before i even get up to brew coffee
>>
>>7329618
BTFO
>>
>>7329637
How do they work then fuckface cuntfgt
>>
>>7329618
oh shit. americans on suicide watch!
>>
File: 1425089100586.jpg (12 KB, 200x243) Image search: [Google]
1425089100586.jpg
12 KB, 200x243
Prairie Oysters.
>>
I am 120 pounds/55 kg and three 5% 500ml beers will get me drunk.
>>
>>7329679
Got a recipe family? I've heard conflicting stories.
>>
>>7329684
im 110 pounds it takes me 650ml of 8% or greater to get me drunk.

But getting drunk for cheap is nice, good for you bud.
>>
>>7329721
Yeah, man.

>1 Raw Egg
>1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
>Salt
>Pepper
>2 dashes Tabasco Sauce.

Crack the egg into the glass without breaking the yolk. Douse it with the Worcestershire Sauce, sprinkle the salt and pepper, and pour on the Tabasco Sauce. Then drink up bitch boy, you've got to go to work in a half hour.
>>
>>7329650
Yea, it's nuts. I'm the same way. Can't complain though, there are worse things to do when hungover. Like have to work, or go pick up your car from the night before, etc etc.
>>
>>7329684

>I am a tiny person and tiny amounts of liquor fuck me up

No shit
>>
>>7329684
180 lbs, no amount of beer gets me drunk. after i get to like 25 pints i can't physically fit any more inside me in a day, no matter how much i piss.
>>
>>7329395
>Half bottle of Vodka
>Barely gets me tipsy
Fuck I barely even drink and it takes me over a litre of vodka to get drunk( I basically don't drink because it's too expensive) am I going to become an alcohol
>>
>>7329802
I also experience this, somewhat. I mean, I definitely get drunk and you're lying, but I've also always hovered around 180 even though it makes me slightly overweight, but I've never actually passed out or woke up anywhere confused. I guess I've 'blacked out' in the sense that I've forgotten some things from the night before, but I always remember when someone tells me. I don't get hungover easy either. I've only been TRULY hungover one time after st. patricks day, and I didn't even puke.
>>
>>7329366
get your shit together. switch to beers.
>>
>>7329898
>I definitely get drunk and you're lying
nah, i'm this dude. >>7329395
i've drunk 130 units in one day and not thrown up or fallen asleep halfway through. 5 x 70cl bottles of smirnoff. after 22 years of drinking daily you kinda build a tolerance.
>>
Sleep, water, light exercise?
>>
File: yuck.png (3 MB, 1500x1672) Image search: [Google]
yuck.png
3 MB, 1500x1672
>>7329920
my bin just after i got home from collapsing and waking up on a detox ward. that's maybe a week's worth of booze. and the chip i got from agnostics anonymous because fuck, if i put a bottle to my mouth and pull the trigger one more time, it'll be the binge which kills me. i'd have a pint of vodka next to my bed ready for when i'd wake in the morning. either that or the DT's would hit and i'd feel like i was gonna have a seizure.
not nice. really hope i can stay off it this time. i'd rather use heroin again than alcohol.
>>
>>7329049
fuck that shit gives me a worse hangover than booze. I switched to kratom. Best thing I ever did.
>>
>>7329946
oh and that's 29 bottles btw. made something of a ceremony of counting every one as i smashed them into the recycling plant glass bin.
don't wanna die. alcohol fucking terrifies me. yet i'm craving it as i type. sigh.
>>
>>7329891
>am I going to become an alcohol
get help asap brah. you won't see it coming, but if it gets out of control this shit will put you in your place.
>>
>>7329946
phew, that picture brings back some memories. Used to hide my bottles, try and sneak them away in the morning to hide from roommates or parents when I lived with them.
>>
I went sober and awake for over four hours a few days ago - longest in 2016.

I got a splitting headache, terrible shakes, pain in my gut, hot/cold flashes/sweats, and just wanted to close my eyes and go back to sleep but got jumpy every time I closed my eyes do to all the fast moving lights and shit I'd see.
>>
File: 1454148276743.jpg (50 KB, 599x688) Image search: [Google]
1454148276743.jpg
50 KB, 599x688
>>7329946
>>7329958
Hang in there anon. Its a hard habit to break but if you can just take it one day at a time you can quit it. I used to self medicate the same way until I hit rock bottom. Stopped cold turkey about a year ago and haven't looked back. I've never been better. You can do it.
>>
>>7330006
yeah i know that feel. it used to take two binmen to wheel my bin away, it was 90% glass and weighed like half a fkn tonne. so embarrassing hearing it clink down the street. all my neighbours know. everyone knows. don't know why i bothered trying to hide it. being unconscious in the street covered in blood multiple times was kind of a giveaway.
>>
>>7329042
>How's that hangover, /ck/?

joke is on you, im on weed, 0 hangover.
>>
>>7330028
I kind of get a slight headache sometimes after smoking weed, obviously not near as bad as alcohol though
>>
>>7330017
yeah thanks anon. two weeks on weds. and it really will actually put me under the ground if i drink one more shot. its gone on too long.
i've made this promise to myself so many times before though, so fuck knows. just gonna as you say, take things one day at a time.
not wishing to go on about it, but that vid i linked a few post back, by alan watts, really is helping me. anyone who has tried everything and is truly desperate, i suggest you give the dude a try.
>>
how many DUI's do /ck/anons have? i was lucky and only got one. must have driven drunk like a thousand times, no exaggeration.
>>
>>7330051
In counseling I learned that the average alcoholic drives up to 800 times drunk before getting a dui/dwi. I'm well beyond that, but haven't done it in a while. Also, I had one 8 years ago.
>>
>>7330051
two

when i was in my early 20's i have memories of driving through the city, at night, barely able to focus on a single line seperating the lines of traffic. going 65 miles an hour with cars on all sides. pretty scary in hindsight.
>>
I just broke up with my girlfriend for cheating a couple days ago and I've been smoking a lot more than usual. I can't get drunk because of my job though
>>
>>7330065
>two
i hear the courts aren't too impressed if you're arrested arrested twice. i was so ludicrously over the limit i was told that if i'm caught again i'm serving a custodial sentence. have driven smashed like 50 times since.
>>
>>7329085
The opposite's happening with me. After smoking every day for years, I no longer like weed, but love drinking and have quit pot because I'd rather spend the money on a handle.
>>
>>7330070
i suggest you get a handle on that shit, man. its no joke. driving drunk is the last thing anyone wants to do these days.

my second dui arrest was in 2008 or so, in a small texas town. they didn't really give me shit, and they dropped the charge when they learned i was in rehab. so its not on my record. but yeah, in major areas i think they nail your ass to the wall for a second dui these days.
>>
>>7330051
>>
>>7329395
No one cares about your blog, you're just another drunk who's been clean for a week or two and thinks that's something to talk about. You'll crack any day now and drink again, literally all drunks are the same.
>>
File: leaving las vegas.jpg (35 KB, 657x388) Image search: [Google]
leaving las vegas.jpg
35 KB, 657x388
>>7330058
>average alcoholic drives up to 800 times drunk before getting a dui/dwi
damn, never heard that before. explains why my insurance went from £200/year to £3,500 after 1 DR10 (brit DUI).
>>7330077
>in major areas i think they nail your ass to the wall for a second dui these days.
yeah i'm going to prison at some point if i don't stop drinking. so fucking many times i've nearly crashed, too. and holy shit, i've actually been pulled over after 70cl of smirnoff since my arrest, and got away with it. my tolerance is insane, i looked sober, the copper pulled me because i had a smashed brake light, 5 mins later i drove away a free man.

i'm just gonna use drugs i think. heroin addiction feels less damaging than alcoholism. no hangovers, no puking, no feeling poisoned, and as long as you have a steady supply, compared to alcohol, almost no problems.
maybe i'll manage to just stay sober. we'll see.
>>
>>7330117
this is essentially what AA says, but i don't buy it. i think it's possible. especially if i use drugs instead. i don't feel completely hopeless.
>>
>>7330117
All drunks are not the same. People have many different drinking habits. Many people quit or tone down in ways completely different from others. You don't really know what you're talking about.
>>
>>7330118
Hmm... I used to inject Heroin myself, and have considered switching around. Honestly, opiates aren't really what you could consider a safe alternative to booze. They bring plenty of unique issues. But, regardless, I wish you luck.
>>
>>7330135
FAGGOT BLOGGER TAKE YOUR STUPID SHIT TO >>>/soc/ YOU UGLY CUNT NIGGER FAGGOT
>>
>>7330135
thanks.
and yeah there are issues, but 99% of them are only a problem when you run out. which i won't. i was rekt on smack for 15 months, felt so much better having had a break from vodka. and thanks.
>>7330140
>>>/b/ is over there, kid.
>>
>hangover cures

These don't really exist. I've read scientific research that indicates the only things that might help are taking lots of a couple supplements while drinking and the morning after, some type of B vitamins and L-lysiene or luceine or some such.

Literally all the other studies showed simply drinking water, and the other common folk remedies, had minimal to no effect on hangover symptoms. This comports with the mechanism of a hangover as well--it's mostly due to the metabolism of alcohol's byproducts, not dehydration. You have to find a way to "neutralize" the effects of that metabolism, which drinking water does not do.

I think people who go on about "drink le water to avoid le hangover XDD" aren't drinking very much, or are genetically predisposed to get only mild/non-existent hangovers.
>>
>>7330329
from a vast amount of personal experience, all i can say is... no.
drinking a pint of water for every 4 or so units of alcohol while getting drunk, has a vast, immeasurable effect on how shitty i feel the next day.
it may be in part because i don't wake 5 times in the night dehydrated and gagging for water, then another 5 times needing to piss, but i don't think it's just that. the difference drinking lots of water makes is huge. it simply is.
>>
>>7330329
Are you trying to kill people with false advice?
>>
>>7329219
do you live alone? The anxiety while waiting for it to arrive would be maddening.
>>
>>7330329
Waking up in the morning and chugging water doesn't do much but chugging water the night before before bed or in between drinks does a lot to alleviate the hangover. If you don't drink water you'll end up dehydrated.
>>
>>7330360
>>7330346
>https://www.ecnp.eu/~/media/Files/ecnp/About%20ECNP/Press/AMS2015/Verster%20pr%20FINAL.pdf

>http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34072712

>http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/in-search-of-a-cure-for-the-dreaded-hangover/

>http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-1/54-60.pdf

Like I said, hangovers appear to be caused by buildup of nasty chemical byproducts, not dehydration, and the key seems to be getting rid of those byproducts. If all you had to do was drink water or Gatorade, hangovers wouldn't be an issue, and the scientific studies would demonstrate that all you have to do is drink water.

The scientific literature clearly never says "Drinking water is an effective hangover remedy." And plenty of people personal experience that supports that as well. I've never consumed any liquid or food that remedied a heavy night of drinking, for example.
>>
take 3-5g taurine and 5g NAC BEFORE a drinking session to get rid of hangovers. both help with liver metabolism, however, i'm unsure if it will specifically reduce hangovers or just make you need more booze to get drunk which would be counterproductive.

i'm also not going to put any effort into convincing you whether it works.

source: TYVD. (2009). /fit/ - Health & Fitness.
>>
>>7330036
Ehh some of the better ganja doesn't do that

I might have a headache if I've been burning every day and quit all of a sudden but thats about all
>>
>can't drink because class at 7 a.m.
>can't sleep unless drinking

Whats worse, slight hangover or going on 3 hours sleep?
>>
>>7330051
Never had a DUI even though I've had like 4 MIPs and two of them I was shitfaced behind a wheel

I even fell asleep at a redlight (don't remember shit) and all I got was an MIP. They got me for the weed in my console too but still.
>>
>>7330568
Do you know what helps flush out your liver and kidneys? Take a wild guess.
>>
File: DSC_0122.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0122.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Woke up at 3am and had pissed the bed after 2 bottles of wine. Good/bad job I use cotton sheets and a waterproof mattress protector. Best cure is fresh-baked rolls, goat butter and a glass of red wine. Christ I hate myself sometimes.
>>
>>7329105
Good for you. All the best.
>>
>>7330583
3 hours sleep hands down
>>
>>7329395
Buddy died 2 weeks ago from liver/kidney failure. 48 y/o. Did 1/5 vodka/day for several years. Last thing he said that made any sense was "There's so much I still want to do". Game over. No replays. Fuck.
>>
>>7330806
My ex would get so drunk, she'd piss the bed. Day my divorce was final was the happiest day of my life.
>>
>>7330589
If "flush out your liver and kidneys" does not effectively mean removing/neutralizing the byproducts of alcohol metabolism, then it doesn't substantially diminish the hangover.

Please, if you can find any actual scientific literature that says drinking water largely cures/prevents hangovers, I'd be interested to read it. I couldn't find any in several hours' worth of research. Which means water likely does little to cure/prevent hangovers.
>>
>>7330838
It helps prevent cerebelar dehydration, and thus, headaches.
>>
>>7329953
>kratom

I was looking into buying some of that, do you just get the powder? Also there's a bunch of different kinds, what's the difference?
>>
>>7329042
I sleep for 16+ hrs every Sunday.

I wish I could stop drinking.
>>
Thank god I never got the habit of drinking, the few rare times when I do and drink enough to get drunk I puke my guts out and feel like shit the next day so my body makes sure I don't try that shit often
>>
>>7330568
>muh scientific literature
so what? im talking about my own experience after a quarter of a century of excesive boozing
>>
>>7329042
>still getting hungovers past a certain age
You are supposed to know how to self medicate. Chug water before collapsing to sleep, eat a slice of bread and take a multivitamin with the water.
Upon waking up MOAR water, eat some fruit and go for a run.
>>
>>7329042
Try clonidine.
>>
>>7330483
Anyone with half a braincell just uses "darknet" markets
>>
>>7329105
Good for you, reward yourself with a drink
>>
>>7330051
None, don't have a car because I don't trust myself not to drive drunk.
>>
>>7331598
whereas anyone with a whole braincell just asks a hooker
>>
I had the worst migraine earlier and I was freezing.
Took two advils and turned up the heat.
Eventually fell asleep and just woke up. My headache only shows up when I move around.
Thank you based advil
>>
I wish I could drink myself stupid everyday but my work breath tests me every day and I get random drug tests. I guess in a way its good.
I get drunk on Saturday night and I can have about 6 beers a night during the week.
I don't know what kind of lifestyle you guys live that drink heavily everyday.
>>
>>7331699
>my work breath tests me every day

Holy shit what on earth do you do?
That's totalitarian as fuck
>>
>>7331705
Operate a CNC machine.
It's a big machine and if I got in the wrong place somehow it could crush me or someone else. It's also worth around a million bucks and if I push the wrong button it could fuck the machine. Also forklifts and shit constantly running around the factory.
>>
File: m_ira60012f3.png (92 KB, 520x1074) Image search: [Google]
m_ira60012f3.png
92 KB, 520x1074
>>7329991

Did you pull those stats on the harms of alcohol use out of your ass, anon? It's well known that a light to moderate alcohol use is actually good for you, pic is from JAMAs meta-analysis.
>>
>>7331699
I'm a cook. We're all alcoholics and drug addicts.
>>
>>7331756
no, professor david nutt, former chief drugs advisor to the british government, published them, then the lancet made the chart, which was published by the bbc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11660210
>>
>>7331762

>Members of the group, joined by two other experts, scored each drug for harms including mental and physical damage, addiction, crime and costs to the economy and communities.

Ah, ok. My mistake. It really wasn't obvious that it was a chart that ranked after "societal damage", alcohol undoubtedly wins there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
>>
>>7330852
not him, but I do it on occasion. Yes, get the powder. It's easy to boil in a tea, and some people just drink it with cold water.

I don't think there's a lot of difference between individual "strains," but some claim others are more euphoric/energetic and others are more sedative. I'd go with one of the traditional kinds--maeng da or bali.

It's definitely worth trying. Pretty fun without any significant social/economic/health problems. Also, shop around until you find prices around 20-30$ for a 1/4kg. otherwise it's too expensive.
>>
>>7331505
>muh scientific literature
>so what? im talking about my own experience after a quarter of a century of excesive boozing

You can't be serious. Do you also think someone's "personal experience" of observing evolution is relevant to how life actually evolves?

Hangovers are the result of a chemical process. It's been observed in objective studies that consuming water has a minimal effect on this process. It doesn't matter what you've convinced yourself of.

If you can provide a legit study where a scientist agrees with your conclusions, then MAYBE the "drink water XD" cure will be something more than a folk remedy.
>>
>>7331890
i'm telling you that my hangovers are massively less severe if i drink lots of water, than they are if i don't drink lots of water. every time. i don't know why you're so confused.
>>
>>7329042
Was thinking of drinking today because I didn't yesterday. Yesterdays hangover went great, never tried headache powder before but that was all he had and it worked in half an hour.

Do you find you get more deyhdrated/hungover on wine, beer or liquor?
>>
>>7330037
I remember you from another /alc/ thread a couple weeks ago, sayin you were going to detox and get clean. good to hear you're sticking with it, good luck anon!
>>
>>7330051
I've had one, the very first time i drove drunk. Never going to do it again, I learned my lesson.
>>
>>7332248
thanks mang. and yup, i'm off everything, even cigarettes. can't sleep for shit, but it's amazing not having hangovers all the damn time.
>>
>>7329042
literally on 7 to 9 fl oz of vodka, yum, third day of 9+ drinks each
>>
>>7331564
>Chug water before collapsing to sleep
this will lead me to piss the bed. thanks, no
>>
just quit on saturday morning.

i wasn't drinking a lot, but every time I'd go drinking with friends it would turn into a blackout experience with no memory of prior events.

Girlfriend bought me tickets for a concert months in advance that she, my friends, and i were all supposed to go to. I got hammed, fucked off, missed the whole concert, and then had to be pulled off of the bathroom floor and cabbed home.

Never felt more ashamed of my crappy behavior. So it's done.
>>
File: feelsome.jpg (10 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
feelsome.jpg
10 KB, 243x200
>weed is still illegal
>>
>>7333913
>lots of people are drinking water contaminated with lead
>worrying about weed
>>
>>7333913
>weed is still shit

It's legal here in Colorado and there are zero border controls.
>>
>>7330568
This is all stupid crap based on an arbitrary definition of a hangover.

Does drinking alcohol dehydrate? Yes.

Does being dehydrated feel bad? Yes.

Does feeling bad make a hangover feel bad? Yes.

So be better hydrated and remove that factor.

There is no short-term ailment that is not easier to recover from if you remain hydrated. The doctor will advise you to drink water for everything. It's fundamental to survival.
>>
>>7333972
Sure, okay, bro. Try drinking a litre of vodka a night and compensating by drinking a gallon water.

You'll still feel like total shit when you wake up for your morning commute at 7am.
>>
>>7333982
nope. can confirm staying hydrated while getting shitfaced on well-filtered vodka doesnt leave a bad hangover.
>>
File: 0049000064186_a1c1_0600.png (133 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0049000064186_a1c1_0600.png
133 KB, 600x600
Yall motherfuckers need more than just water, you need electrolytes too. Powerade is my go to. Tropical mango flavored. That among other things will help a lot.

Also last night was the first night in a few weeks straight that I didn't drink. Felt pretty good when I woke up this morning. I also didn't drink tonight. I hope I can stick with it
>>
>>7333932
i'm drinking water contaminated with alcohol, and it's killing me. it'd be stupid for me to worry about drinking lead, because that's not the life i've been dealt. i have other problems.
>>
Take some diaudid.

>cured
>>
>>7334199
>then suddenly addicted to opioids
>>
>>7334063
Don't think any further than tonight. Focus on tomorrow when it gets here, and the next day when it arrives. For now, look just as far as tonight.
>>
>>7331761
why does this happen?
>>
>>7334234
Thanks anon
>>
>>7334199
Thats the strongest pill ive ever taken. Kills all pain.
>>
>>7333972
You're missing the point. By "hangover," the science and I are referring to the same thing you are: all the unpleasant effects typically felt the morning/day after heavy drinking.

>symptoms of drowsiness, concentration problems, dry mouth, dizziness, gastrointestinal complaints, sweating, nausea, hyperexcitability and anxiety[] have been linked to elevated levels of acetaldehyde.

>In a 2000 study “The Role of Acetaldehyde in Actions of Alcohol,” which was published in Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research, researchers determined elevated acetaldehyde levels caused increased skin temperature, facial flushing, increased heart rate, lower blood pressure, dry mouth, nausea and headache. The researchers reported that heavy drinking leads to elevated acetaldehyde levels, which leads to inhibited ALDH enzymes, and in turn causes these adverse effects. The alcohol does not properly metabolize.

Sure, you should absolutely drink water anyway. My point was that drinking lots of water is not going to prevent or cure most of the hangover's unpleasantness. It's just going to make you more hydrated, and take care of the ill effects from the dehydration, but not do much in remedying the bulk of the unpleasantness, because that's caused by the body's inability to process much acetyldehyde.

Simply drinking a lot of fluid never prevented or cured a hangover for me, but people like saying that it does, so I tried to see if there's any merit to it. I think a lot of people who say this aren't drinking that much, or are younger, and so their hangovers diminish more quickly, and they might chalk it up to the fluids they drank.
>>
>>7333641
Sounds like you're making the right choice. Please don't doubt that, I've got way too much experience doing that same sort of thing and trust me when I say it only gets worse
>>
>>7332261
The sleeping problem gets better. Takes awhile to get 100% back to normal but each day gets a little easier. I've had a vast improvement with my drinking over the past year and I promise you it gets easier, hell, I'm at the point now where I fall asleep without even trying most nights now lol never thought I'd see that again.
>>
>>7329042
zinc magnesium potassium BC powder with caffeine and a glass of water.

FYI i'm an alcoholic

I pour three shots per drink, and have at least three of these before sleep.

>hlap mez
>>
I tend to pop some aspirin or whatever I have on hand, drink water, and not eat much for most of the next day until about seven or eight and then I order a shitload of greasy Chinese food.
>>
>>7329434
my feminine penis makes me feel manly desu baka senpai cuck desu baka senpai
t
b
h

s
m
h

f
a
m
>>
>>7329669
get a load of this homo
>>
>>7334904
>>7334908
i read my last two comments then felt bad, too much 4chin
>>
>>7334919
I know that feel
>>
>>7334899
>popping aspirin before a drinking session

RIP your liver.
>>
>>7329418
Prairie oyster never tired it as a hang over cure. Got one of my old house mates to do it on a dare. He said it wasn't that bad. He used to drink raw eggs for breakfast because he was too lazy to cook them though.
>>
>>7330568
Alcohol is a diuretic. It makes you pee more than you drink. Yes it also does other things that make you feel like shit, but drinking water does help.
>>
>>7329042
drink water dipshit
>>
I hadn't drank in 6 months, and then last night, at a friend's going-away party, I took 3 shots.
It was weird. I immediately got a buzz, was happy for about 30 minutes, then got a headache. Then, I got so sleepy I left and went to bed. Meh.....I feel no urge to drink again, which is surprising since I was a daily drinker for nearly 15 years.
>>
>>7336195
>I feel no urge to drink again
lucky you. i'm craving like a motherfucker. god help me. i've got the rest of my life to fight this shit, only gonna take one fuck up to ruin it all.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.