[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wisdom for the wisdomless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (590 KB, 2589x1725) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif.jpg
590 KB, 2589x1725
So cu/ck/s, what are your favorite soft foods that you ate when you had your wisdom teeth out? I'm on the second day and I'm pretty damn bored of soup and oatmeal.
Pic related, what they looked like.
>>
I had nothing but nutrition shakes and macaroni and cheese

As a result of this I can no longer stand white cheddar
>>
File: infantry cadre.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
infantry cadre.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
>>7320175
I had three wisdom teeth pulled when I was in the Army. At the time, I worked as an Infantry NCO processing recruits through the 30th AG in Fort Benning, GA. As you would expect, Army dentists aren't as sharp as their civilian counterparts. The Major left me with a dry socket twice. I ate jello and drank tequila for weeks. And since I was unsupervised when doing my job, I could get away with being drunk during the day. It was the only way to numb part of the pain until the dentist could see me again.

It was horrible. I would rather get a daily paper cut across my eyeball than have to endure that ever again.
>>
applesauce, refried bean burritos, jello, pudding, and soup
>>
>>7320194
Jesus, did they at least get you some painkillers, or was it just ibuprofen and tequila?
>>
>>7320175
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdontia
>>
When I got my wisdom teeth pulled I ate nothing but tomato basil soup for like seven days (was nervous about chewing for longer than I had to be).

Still probably my favorite soup.
>>
>>7320175
I made lots of vitamised/blended soups when I had mine out. Potato and leek, cauliflower soup, ham and pea, etc, try and mix it up soupwise. I couldn't chew for about 10 days when I had mine out because I had a big wound that would open if I chewed. Soup and jelly, god it got old but it was great being able to eat proper food again afterwards.
>>
>>7320220
A mere two day's worth. After that, I was self medicating.
>>
File: garfieldminus.png (341 KB, 500x148) Image search: [Google]
garfieldminus.png
341 KB, 500x148
>>7320175
Getting mine pulled was a bitch.

The procedure itself wasn't anything. Pull, pull crunch. Done. But then of course you got the sockets and the gauze. Painkillers, God bless those because it still ached even through the goddam oxy.

So one of my sockets started to get bad. Wasn't dry socket they told me. In that case I never -want- dry socket because that shit was daaaaayum.... And then they had to clean the socket by squirting -ice cold water into it-. I was never afraid of dentists but I am now because I never wanna feel that again.
>>
>>7320175
i ate mac n cheese with overcooked pasta, pretty good
>>
>>7320271
I would get loaded mashed potatoes at my grocer's deli. But after I came back the third time dude looked at me and said.

>"Wow, you really like mashed potatoes."

Which with the tone and facial expression was like

>"You some kinda freak, son?"
>>
>>7320275
That's when you said "I just had me wisdom teeth pulled" right?
>>
>>7320278
Maybe, I forget. I just wanted to get the fuck home with my taters and oxys.

Happy Pills!
>>
>>7320287
I only got Vicodin, wtf?
>>
>>7320175
One day I could hardly open my mouth, so I spent 30 minutes eating a banana, which I cut in ridiculously thin slices.
It was an interesting eating experience at least.
>>
How long is it painful for after you get them removed? Do you swell a lot? I'm about to get all 4 removed next month
>>
>>7320319
Depends. I got mine removed in two sittings. First left then right.
The first time all went well, it was a little swollen for like three days and that was it.
The second time the teeth were deeper in the gums and lodged in between some other stuff, so they had to cut a tooth in half and then remove it. This took like two weeks to heal. I wouldn't want to do it again, but it wasn't the worst thing ever either.

Fun story: a friend got his removed and while still on painkillers from the surgery, he thought the whole thing was done and doesn't need any extra time to heal. So he had a giant spicy kebab thing right away. He regretted this decision afterwards.
>>
>>7320328

It sounds like those surgery meds fuck people up so much, a "babysitter" is required afterwards. You can't suck on anything, right? Like no straws?
>>
dont know what all you puss pusses are talking about i had mine all out in the morning and 12 hrs later i was eating solid food i smoked too and they say not to do that cuz dry sockets but i smoked after a couple hrs and i drank straight liquor with no problem all they gave me was 600mg ibuprofen and not much pain
>>
>>7320352

lmao you're a fucking liar.. you have four open wounds in your mouth after they smashed 4 of your biggest teeth into pieces and cut them out.

besides the fact that your face looks/feels like you got bunched in the face from the inside more than once, but there are gaping holes in your gums that are bleeding for like the next day.
>>
>>7320175
ur moms pussy
>>
>>7320319
I had my four wisdom teeth removed and a fifth tooth removed in my lower left side. I have perfect teeth and never had any cavities in any of my other teeth, but at 29 I ended up cracking all of my wisdom teeth due to them starting to get cavities.

The process is not eating for 8 hours before the surgery, because it can mess up the interaction of the drugs if you get knocked out.

If you get put under its the weirdest feeling ever. They stick an IV in and the next thing you know, you're awake and the process is over. I wasn't that messed up coming out, kinda a feeling of waking up in the morning after a long night of drinking and you still haven't sobered up yet.

There was no pain at all for me, I did take a ton of ibuprofen and acetaminophen which were prescribed for the first five days to prevent any pain from starting... plus I enjoy pain killers.

I saved the Vicodin for after I was healed up, just because I wanted to see what a high was like on it. When I took the Vicodin one pill at a time I didn't get how people could get addicted to it, it didn't do much except make me feel like if I took 4 acetaminophen pills or Advil. I decided to take 3 at a time and realized that it gives you a very chill, numb, walking on clouds feeling. Be careful with it, because it sucks when you come down, you get a little depressed.

The one thing that saved me from any pain (and healing went fast) was that I would carry around a ziplock bag of table salt. From day 2 to day 5 I would take a good pinch size amount of salt and put it in my mouth, then I would take a drink of water and swish it around for 1 minute and spit it out. Make sure when you swish that you do it very lightly and don't force it. I did this every 2 hours and had no problems healing and it prevents pain. Also since it sucks balls to brush your teeth, it does act as a cleaning agent.
>>
i ate salt and vinegar chips and a burger the evening i got my wisdom teeth out

man up
>>
When I had my wisdom teeth removed they fucked it up. As a result I had these sharp shards of fragmented teeth that slowly pushed their way up through my gums and would cut the inside of my mouth. This lasted two weeks and resulted in me having to go back multiple times so they could remove them.

I wasn't able to chew and talking was extremely painful. My diet consisted of vicodin, some oxys I bought since they were being Jewish with the vics, and tomato soup. Never again
>>
>>7320175
I basically loved off of scrambled eggs for the month. I was eating like 6 or 7 at a time though. No I'm not fat.
>>
>>7320319
Depends. It could just swell around the back of your jaw, or you could just end up looking like a chipmunk for a week. Just don't fuck with the stitches like I did.
>>
Why does no one's wisdom teeth fit in their mouths? I have all my wisdom teeth but I guess I'm a monster
>>
>>7320770
>no one's

You're either unsmart in the brain or being obtuse.

Most people do not need their wisdom teeth pulled.
>>
>>7320770
All depends on your personal jaw size. Some people will do fine with them. Others need them removed if the teeth are coming in crooked or crowding the other teeth.
>>
>>7320770
generally speaking the average modern human has a jaw too small to comfortably fit that many teeth.

I know some people (myself included) that had all their wisdom teeth come in fine without needing to be removed
>>
>>7320319
I had my bottom two removed after they had already started growing out of the gums.
It only hurt a day or two after for me and it was mostly from having to hold my jaw open that wide for a long time.
I healed up pretty quick and was back to eating (mostly) normally 4 days after, I just avoided spicy stuff for a little while after that to make sure.
>>
>>7320340
>You can't suck on anything, right? Like no straws?
Yeah, creating a vacuum can cause the clot to get dislodged and end up giving you dry socket.
Dry socket is bad.
>>
>>7320175
I was born without wisdom teeth
>>
>>7320175
You're such a lucky fuck. My wisdom teeth were growing sideways (FUCKING SIDEWAYS, as in perpendicular to the orientation of my other teeth) . The had to be removed all four at once, and the dentist didn't just pull them out, he drilled through and broke them, of course I didn't feel anything due to the anesthetic but the sound of my molars shattering hunts my dreams to this day.

To answer your question: flan, or jello with fruit bits, shit is cash
>>
>>7320225

I had eight of these as a kid.

Then I had to get four of my other teeth pulled out because my mouth was too small.

Then I got six wisdom teeth.

I pretty much ate nothing but cream of wheat.

Cream of wheat is fucking delicious and like an old friend to me. I think I'll make some when I get home from work.
>>
I broke my jaw before, six weeks of having my jaw wired shut. I ate a lot of protein shakes and instant mashed potatoes the entire time (instant is easier and thinner). Ate a bunch of pasta with meat sauce blended the first couple weeks. You don't want to know what I ate the last couple weeks. I would put anything in the blender at liquefy at that point. I looked like a skeleton by the end of that.
>>
File: 1451652813603.jpg (49 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
1451652813603.jpg
49 KB, 500x603
>>7321657
>blended pasta
>>
>>7321678
Did you not get the part where my jaw was wired shut so I couldn't eat solid food?
>>
>>7321687
why would you blend pasta, though?
why not eating soup, or pudding, or smothies or something
>>
File: 1433964733353.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1433964733353.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
I only got my left two wisdom teeth pulled so now I have a lopsided mouth.

Oh right, the question.

I just had milkshakes, I thought everyone else did when their teeth decided to rebel against them. I wasn't really in the mindset to decide what my favorite soft food was, mostly focusing on how uncomfortable the whole experience was, especially the fact that there was now an empty, bleeding hole in my mouth being filled by some loose cloth.
>>
>>7321693
Because you can only eat those things so much before you get sick of them, plus pasta has a bunch of much needed calories.
>>
File: 1425014440293.jpg (298 KB, 609x743) Image search: [Google]
1425014440293.jpg
298 KB, 609x743
>>7320175
>what are your favorite soft foods that you ate when you had your wisdom teeth out?
I was born without them. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that shit.
>>
File: 1438483172106.png (127 KB, 292x300) Image search: [Google]
1438483172106.png
127 KB, 292x300
>>7320175
>hear all the stories about people being in agony for days afterwards
>mfw my dentist was such a pro he pulled all four out and stitched them up in 15 minutes
>mfw no swelling, didn't even need the medication
>>
I was still on T3s and I decided to get drunk.

I threw up halfway through the night and the next morning I woke up and passed out in the shower. Came to and I thought i was drowning
>>
Got mine out yesterday. Already eating whatever I want. Zero pain too, so the vicodin I got is purely for recreational use.
>>
>>7320175
I remember going to subway an hour or so after mine got pulled out and had a sandwich no problem (small bites and used my front teeth to chew). Only bad thing was that I blacked out from the meds when I was halfway into a cookie.
>>
I was never told to only eat soft foods. Only to avoid using straws and the like.

Also, what's with the drugs you get? You seem so out of it in videos. We just get local anaesthesic.
>>
>>7320175
I woke up during the surgery and couldn't scream. there was about 20 more minutes to go and they gave me more pain meds so it didn't hurt but I couldn't really move and I wasn't asleep. I remember them sawing through bone. I shouldn't have waited so long to get the surgery. The second your dentist tells you they are coming in or impacted, get them out.
>>
Vanilla Ice Cream
[Not chocolate because apparently it has caffeine and doctors often ask post-op patients to avoid caffeine for whatever reason (except in cases of head trauma where caffeine helps with wound healing for some yet to be discovered reason)]

Plain apple sauce

Yogurt
>>
File: safe.jpg (305 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
safe.jpg
305 KB, 2048x2048
Pancakes and spaghettios for days, I actually posted on here looking for recipes and it took only an hour and half for someone to give me one, and it ended up not tasting like anything.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.