[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /ck/, total beginner here who's starting to cook to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: pleasenobully.png (2 MB, 1184x878) Image search: [Google]
pleasenobully.png
2 MB, 1184x878
hello /ck/, total beginner here who's starting to cook to get healthier. So I'm looking for an easy recipe that involve lean protein sources (turkey and chicken) and veggies. This is my first shot.

It's just some chicken cooked in pan with soy sauce and spices, then set aside and bell peppers, onions and mushrooms cooked in olive oil and spices.

It tasted good, which I'm very surprised of. Not wonderful, but good. But I want to improve.

>The chicken
I used no oil whatsoever, but 30 g of soy sauce. I tend to overcook chicken because I'm a pussy. Should I switch to oil? Why?

>The veggies
I love bell peppers, onions and mushrooms but I found the timings very off. I initially put in the pan only the bell peppers with 1tbsp of olive oil and cooked for almost 10 mins, then put in the onions and mushrooms and closed the lid. Should I close the lid for the bell peppers too? Should I NOT close the lid at all?
If I want to replace bell peppers that takes too long to cook, which vegetable does have a similar cooking time of onions and mushrooms?

Thanks, please no bully. I literally looked on youtube "how to dice bell peppers/mushrooms". This is my level of cooking
>>
>>7318013
Holy shit anon this looks like a mess. It seems like you either wanted to make fajitas or stir fry either way look up some recipes and watch some videos to familiarise yourself. Both stir fry and fajitas are touted as low calorie foods anyway.

Enjoy.

Use oil you want to brown your chicken it adds flavor, look up maillard reaction.

Same with veggies soft veggies are shitty you want to brown and caramelize parts of the veg will still having a light crunch.

Dont close the lid. Bell peppers and onions have similar cooking times problem is you cut them different sizes. Uniformity is your best bet for sauté veggies.

Strips of bell pepper of equal size of the strips of onion. My girlfriends wife is allergic to mushrooms so I can't help you there.
>>
>>7318469
Looking back you cut your chicken uneven also keep everything the same size and thickness so it all finishes at same time.
>>
>>7318013
Pretty much what that other anon said is good.

Heat oil. Fry onions and bell peppers. Hell, add garlic or ginger too. After a minute or so, add mushrooms, then veggies. Cabbages, carrots, cauli, whatever you like. I love adding young/baby corn. Add your cooked chicken (assuming you like cooking it separately for some reason), then sauce and spices to taste.

After all is cooked, a tsp of sesame oil on top is good too.

If you don't want to use oil on your chicken, steam it then just add to your vegetables.
>>
>>7318509
If you don't cook your chicken separately, cook it before adding the veggies.
>>
>>7318013
Use 2 forks, one in either hand, and pull the chicken apart. That's how they do that "shredded" pulled chicken thing.
>>
>>7318469
>>7318472
>>7318509
>>7318511
>>7318516

Thanks guys. I cooked the chicken separately because that was the recipe I found. Can/Should I cook them together?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.