[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally everyone who eats rice just eats plain white rice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: img_1528.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
img_1528.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>literally everyone who eats rice just eats plain white rice like an East Asian peasant
>literally nobody in the West knows about pilaf or even Persian rice and potatoes

Why?
>>
>7310815
>>literally nobody in the West knows about pilaf or even Persian rice and potatoes
Don't know what flyover shithole you live in.
>nopassport.jpg
>>
Can you tell me a good recipe for Persian rice potatoes then?

And what about fucking Risotto?
>>
>>7310815
Plenty of people know about pilaf and persian rice, dude. I make persian rice (yes, with nice crispy tah deeg) all the time. And Zereshk Polow is one of my all time favorite foods, which I make pretty regularly, and I'm as white as they come. I ALWAYS prefer basmati rice - based dishes. Aged basmati is the elder god tier rice, it's the one rice I'm never without.
Point being, IDK what backwater you live in, but there is multitudes of people in the states that eat that and know those kind of rice dishes on a regular basis.
>>
What the fuck are you on about? I live in the most homogenous state ever ( utah) and even people here don't eat plain white rice. At the very least they will throw a can of salsa in it.
>>
>>7310815
>pilaf

Fuck you shill, I watched Dragon ball
>>
love the crispy tadig.
>>
>>7310815
>potatoes
So, eating instead like a western peasant. Seriously, taters are the lowest form of starch. Why do you think the only tasty variations involve frying the shit out of them?
>>
a) there are lots of people from western asia who have migrated to western countries
b) there's a foodwishes video about it

pretty good case for people in the west knowing about that method

and don't get me started on the fact that every british person on the planet has had at least 100 pilafs in their life up to this point
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>7310815
>nobody in the west knows about pilaf
I don't know what third world, shithole you live in but we even have it in our microwave meals over here.
>>
I literally never ate plain white rice. It's so fucking bland and disgusting.
>>
>eating rice

Absolutely Revolting
>>
>>7310923
>Persian rice and potatoes
>Western
>>
>>7310923
olive oil roasted potatoes are god tier, baked potatoes are pretty good too. potato chowder is tasty. I could go on but why bother, your dumbass is wrong. shitpost reply away
>>
>>7310815

Literally reheated cold stale rice by dumping it in the sauce in the pan after cooking teriyaki steak once. It was delicious but eating steak with rice was weird as fuck.
>>
tbqh senpai, bread eaters should be rounded up and placed in concentration camps
>>
Persian rice is white

If anything the curries used by Japanese and Indians add more flavor than what Persians do which is just make it crispy at the bottom and add saffron to basmati rice
>>
>>7310815
>what is paella
>what is risotto
>what is safron rice
>what is jasmine rice
only to begin with

and why the fuck would you add a side dish to a side dish like in potato rice?
>>
>>7310815
I can never control myself when it comes to good tahdigh.
>>
>>7311432
Edgy.
>>
>>7310815
Rice is a shit tier grain in the first place.
>>
>>7310846
slice up potatoes and put them on the bottom of the pot with some butter or oil when you make rice

when your rice is done, wa la, there is a layer of crispy potatoes on the bottom

turn it upside-down for maximum aesthetics
>>
>>7310839
The same flyover shithole you live in where you can't properly reply to posts. Did you type that manually or something?
>>
>Red rice with banana

absolutely glorious
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.