[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paleo Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: memeofood.jpg (34 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
memeofood.jpg
34 KB, 640x384
Trying out a paleo diet to eat a bit healthier.
What are some good but cheap meals for a poorfag college student
>pic related
>>
>>7308371

>trying out a paleo diet to eat a bit healthier

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>7308377
what's so bad about it
>>
>>7308381
If anything, that it doesn't take sustainability into account. On the health front, it's pretty good. For most, it's an upgrade health-wise. It's popular to make fun of it, because it makes for an easy target, but it's difficult to eat worse on a paleo diet, unless you use it as an excuse to eat everything soaked in butter and wrapped in bacon.

Cheap paleo recipe? Anything with eggs. Try a favorite of mine:

All chopped and mixed:
2 boiled eggs
1 tomato
1/2 - 1 apple
1 - 2 slices of bacon (optional)
1/2 - 1 avocado

Add some pepper and salt to your liking, and some lemon juice if you're into that.
>>
>>7308451
meme: the dish
>>
>>7308371
Go vegan faggot. Nothing wrong with beans and grains.
>>
Is it really healthier than a balanced diet? Low carb is constantly proven to be healthier than low fat but I don't buy that it's the best diet
>>
>>7308457
/tv/ shitposter: the post
>>
C H I L L I
H
I
L
L
I
>>
>>7308469

Not all things are equal so why would a "balanced" diet make any sense. Are you gonna start injecting heroin for balance?
>>
>>7308482
Are you telling me you don't?
You're literally not balanced lad. Pussy lad!
>>
>>7308482
Carbs have been recommended by nutritionists forever. Heroin has not
>>
File: 1359690498595.png (537 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1359690498595.png
537 KB, 1280x720
>>7308371
>fad diets
>>
>>7308371
There's nothing paleo about the paleo diet. If you want to eat like a caveman go eat rats and insects.
>>
>>7308517
"nutritionists " and government shills have always told me to eat my wheat and milk, so therefore those things are good for me!
>good goy, the post
>>
File: heroincough.jpg (46 KB, 281x370) Image search: [Google]
heroincough.jpg
46 KB, 281x370
>>7308517
>>
>>7308529
So it's all a conspiracy theory
>>
>>7308537
No, it's just you will believe anything the government tells you. You're a good goy.
There's no cconspiracy that refined carbs like sugar/simple starch is not good for you. It's quite open and the truth is easy for anyone to find.
That doesn't matter though because of good goys like yourself (and there are many) who will nod their head and drool at whatever the talking head on the TV says "dietary fat is bad it causes obesity and heart disease" "sugar is healthy just watch your calories ".
Please go kill yourself hopefully the rest of the retards will follow.
>>
>>7308567
I can easily find several independents who will say that there is nothing wrong with carbs.

And who is "the government"? Do we even live in the same country or continent?
>>
>>7308567
>that refined carbs like sugar/simple starch is not good for you
And now you changed the narrative from carbs to refined sugar
>>
>>7308469
Not to go off topic too much, but a balanced diet is just a made up term to encourage people to not eat crap all the time, only some of the time. The body benefits a good deal from eating different kinds of foods due to how micronutrients are spread out (different colors is a surprisingly good guideline in that regard, different textures being the runner up). With regard to macros, there is no one perfect balance that will fit everyone. It should under most circumstances also not be encouraged to do an extreme one way or another, but you can't do that unless you try (hard) anyway, and I don't recommend doing low carb for example without a dietitian's guidance. Oh by the way paleo is not necessarily low carb. It is lower carb because refined carbs are the first thing to go, but vegetables should be a large part of the diet, and they are mostly carbs.
>>
>>7308581
>from carbs to sugar
>from carbs
>sugar
>sugar isn't a carb
This is why the sugar industry massive, retards like you.
>>
>>7308581
Yeah, you tend to start off a discussion by generalizing and then when someone takes you up on it you start specifying. Doesn't that make sense? Anyway you can argue with that guy about it all you want but most people that talk about low carb are in fact recommending against REFINED carbs, and simple starches in some cases. I hope you aren't going to pretend you didn't see this coming.

>>7308577
There is nothing wrong with carbs. No one who is educated on the topic will say that. Carbs work as intended. Oh and by the way, as an aside, some people eat too many of them.
>>
>>7308604
>Doesn't that make sense?
No, it makes no sense at all
>>
>>7308608
>tips sugar coated fedora
>>
File: Untitled.png (19 KB, 863x313) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19 KB, 863x313
This fad has peaked.
>>
>>7310007

i made ur moms orgasm peak last night
>>
Going keto for a month because I need to quickly cut some bf%. It's fucking hell so far, I get the urge to eat everything that has carbs or sugar in it.
I wouldn't go low carb as a permanent diet, but it's very efficient as a quick cut before summer
>>
>>7308451
daily reminder that anyone of european, african or asian descent did not have tomatoes introduced in their diet before the discovery of the americas, thus claiming that tomato is paleo diet but excluding cereal is a big fucking joke.

Also; http://hells-ditch.com/2012/08/archaeologists-officially-declare-collective-sigh-over-paleo-diet/
>>
>>7310048
It's always that way at the start, but if you stick to it, the cravings go away.
>>
>>7310069

daily reminder that paleo dieters were never eating paleo and your sick burns don't make it a bad diet.
>>
>>7310099
given its better than eating fast food crap but it's still a retarded concept from the start
>>
File: no more.png (281 KB, 343x495) Image search: [Google]
no more.png
281 KB, 343x495
>paleo
>>
>>7308469
>low carb is healthier than low fat

You're not looking at this from the right angle. HERE IS A MAGIC DIET THAT WILL PROBABLY MAKE YOU HEALTHY

>Avoid concentrated/refined sugars and fats in large amounts
>Do not eat to excess
>Do not drink large amounts of alcohol

And you're golden. Really, it's not very complicated, but it's a lot harder to sell

>Use common sense constantly
versus
>Avoid these foods 100% of the time in all situations.
>>
>>7310007
trends is cool but look at this - i dont know why it caught me off guard a bit (polite sage)
>>
>>7310143
Fucking Aussie shitposters!
>>
"Paleo diet" doesn't exist.
>>
>>7310161
We've been shitposting about it all thread.
It obviously exists.
People know about it, discuss it. It literally exists.
>>
>>7310176
I think what he means is that a diet that mimics what humans used to eat in the paleo period is not something that can be done in any kind of serious manner
>>
>>7310181
I can't believe people actually think it's the exact same diet actual paleo humans ate. Normal people aren't that autistic. I think it's literally just a metaphor for avoiding modern processed HFCS corporate bullshit.
>>
>>7310189
>Normal people aren't that autistic
But they are
>>
>>7310181
>>7310189
The premise of paleo is that a given banana "matches" a paleo banana. It's based on outdated Platonic philosophy. In fact no two bananas match each other, "banana" is an abstraction, and it's one that the GI system has no knowledge of. That's only one of the many fundamental problems in paleo logic.
>>
>>7310198
For me its more the problem that diet back them was much much more localized, i.e tribes wouldn't move around for much and stayed put, thus diversity in food sources was scarce
>>
>>7310198

Wrong.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.