[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lamb ideas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: IMG000117.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
IMG000117.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
Me and the wife are having a friend and his fiance over for a small get together/dinner party. We all wanted to try something new that we have no real experience cooking with. I picked up some lamb chops from work at cost and I am looking for some ideas. I kinda want to try something curry with maybe a Caribbean influence. Maybe suti polo or the like for one of the side dishes. Any suggestions co/ck/s? Thanx in advance, will check the thread periodically.
>>
>>7303728
What you have says "Frenched rack", so it's the ribs. Very nice cut for a roast or cutting into chops. Probably too nice a cut for making a curry out of - it would kinda be a waste.

If I wanted to go in an Afro-Caribbean direction I'd marinate it in something evocative of jerk seasoning (salt, scallion, thyme, Scotch bonnet pepper, allspice and a very little acid), then do it as a roast, and serve med rare. Careful with the Scotch bonnet - they are hot - I'd maybe use half of one for the entire marinade. Then I'd serve with with Trini style rice and peas (cooked in coconut milk) and some cooked greens.
>>
>>7303819
/thread
>>
>>7303828
pretty much

>>7303819
Thanks, that sounds like an excellent idea. It fits perfect with the rice and peas as well me thinks. So I guess you co/ck/s are good for something other than bickering about "meme" food. :P
>>
>>7303819
>If I wanted to go in an Afro-Caribbean direction I'd marinate it in something evocative of jerk seasoning (salt, scallion, thyme, Scotch bonnet pepper, allspice and a very little acid), then do it as a roast, and serve med rare. Careful with the Scotch bonnet - they are hot - I'd maybe use half of one for the entire marinade. Then I'd serve with with Trini style rice and peas (cooked in coconut milk) and some cooked greens.
I'd add a escabeche, kind of the jamaican version of osso buco topping. Kicks it up a notch with the acid at the end.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.