[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with fucking up cooking something, emotionally?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
How do you guys deal with fucking up cooking something, emotionally?

No matter what I do, I've lately been fucking up everything I try to cook. Probably mostly because I'm unstable and unable to focus but yeah. It hits pretty hard when I spend hours making something that winds up right in the trash, it's a personal failure and massive waste of time, money, food, energy, etc.

Do you guys ever feel like that too and if so how do you combat it?

This is kind of a weird topic, I know, sorry
>>
Throwing the lot into the bin after barely tasting it is good enough for me. If there are other people around I don't let them taste it. The whole thing basically amounts to a hissy fit, but it consoles me by letting me imagine I have standards.
>>
Sounds like some lame after school PSA, but treat it as a learning experience. Try to figure out what you did wrong, and what you'll do differently next time.

Can't say I've ever really felt emotionally devastated or anything. A lot of times when I'm trying to make something new I pretty much go in expecting it's gonna suck the first time. I'm at a point now where I've got enough basic skill that the result is usually edible, but this certainly wasn't always the case, and either way whether the next time I make it is better or worse, I'm still gonna learn something.
>>
>>7291393
>The whole thing basically amounts to a hissy fit,
Pretty much this. It's never trash worthy, but sometimes it's "I'm not serving this to anyone," not in the sense that it's bad, but moreso lackluster.

Usually try to learn from it, then go drink beer.
>>
>>7291393
Do smaller test batches. Test batches let you assess things while wasting less if things go wrong.

I made my first pork buns and purple potato steamed buns recently. Did a small test batch of 3 of each kind. Turned out tasty but there was a ton of room for improvement. Went to the local Japanese grocery store, picked up more supplies including pork floss. I added the pork floss to the slow cooked pork which ended up delicious. My bun forming improved by miles and I even sprinkled the extra pork floss on the buns. Froze the extras and gave them to friends with instructions on how to properly reheat them.

Would not have been possible without my test batch.
>>
You're right to tantrum. Focus, and you will cease to be a complete failure
>>
File: mistakes.png (1 MB, 824x2424) Image search: [Google]
mistakes.png
1 MB, 824x2424
There is literally nothing wrong with making mistakes if you learn from them.
>>
Threads like this happen when kids are raised in a 'there are no such things as losers' society. People aren't prepared for failure and don't know how to cope with it.

Thanks, liberals.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY
>>
>>7292077
is this a good cooking manga with images of pretty food?...
>>
File: achaar.png (196 KB, 852x307) Image search: [Google]
achaar.png
196 KB, 852x307
>>7292095
The author and artist have the help of a famous Japanese chef that gives them the food ideas and even lets them eat it while working on the chapter, so yeah.
They do mess up exactly once and say that searing meat keeps the juices inside it, but other than that it's perfect cooking.
>>
Fucked up a whole steak recently. Fucking waste of money.
Also my whole room got smoked up and the awful smell lasted the whole week. I don't have a separate kitchen room, so I slept with my failure in the air and the suffering during bedtime was great due to lack of fresh air .

Traumatizing experience left me reluctant to fry stuff, especially meat until today. But I already have some meat receipt lined up that I'm going to try out. Fuck, I'm scared.

That's what you get for using the wrong tools(wrong pan) and falling for the coconut-oil scam.
>>
>>7292105
>They do mess up exactly once and say that searing meat keeps the juices inside it
What's wrong about it?

Also: Is this the Food Wars manga? I watched the anime, which turned out really rushed and bad in the later episodes (I'm saying this as an anime noob, they really fucked up)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.