[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beer general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13
File: mt goat summer ale.jpg (239 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
mt goat summer ale.jpg
239 KB, 600x421
New beer thread? Figure the old one,
>>7204234
being over the post limit will slow down as it crawls down the board.

Sinking a few pic relateds.
>>
File: yak.jpg (101 KB, 508x687) Image search: [Google]
yak.jpg
101 KB, 508x687
>>7226513
Not bad, sinking a few of these myself.
>>
>>7226513
Thankfully it ran into the bump limit as it had become pestillent with shit posting from hipsters looking for the "historical peasant beer -the pale lager" who know fuck all about brewing history. For the bud/pbr crowd: know that American adjunct brewing pre prohibition was state of the art and following the most modern tastes. It is not le plebian beer of the ancient masses. For the anon asking about the hardy's: it's pretty complex flavor wise: I tasted fig and date pretty strongly. I would compare it pretty favorably to drinking a nice port. No noticeable carbonation and still has some pretty upfront alchohal. To be fair: the guy I trade for the Hardy's put up a bunch of this vintage and we have been opening 1 or 2 a year for about 10 years. I can honestly say it drinks differently from what I remember from the previous time every time we open it. I can say that 25 yr is the brewery recommended aging period and that from what I have read and experienced with it... don't be in a hurry. It only gets better.
>>
File: IMG_9787.jpg (517 KB, 1195x1593) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9787.jpg
517 KB, 1195x1593
>>7228243

Tl;Dr drink the hardy's when your feeling like it and can share it. It shouldn'tdisapoint.

We opened some other cool stuff: one of the family's at new years had crazy new Glarus stuff for days and it was a pretty fun beer night.
>>
File: wmt.jpg (51 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
wmt.jpg
51 KB, 720x960
Just opened this one. Only got a few Trappists lying around now so could be time to either restock or go back to whiskey and rum.
>>
>>7228287
Saw this at my work. Is this really worth 10 bucks?
>>
File: bevog_rudeen_black_ipa.jpg (769 KB, 1196x1800) Image search: [Google]
bevog_rudeen_black_ipa.jpg
769 KB, 1196x1800
Stocked up on beer from back home over the holidays. I also got some new glassware.
>>
Visiting my parents in florida for a week, picked up a sixxer of Kirin Ichiban, Let the mediocrity commence.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (12 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
12 KB, 228x221
enjoying a local craft brew
>>
>>7228461
Most breweries would charge more like $16-$18 for a top tier sour beer like that
>>
>>7228995
Which one of their 30 production breweries are you local to?
>>
>>7228995

Why would anybody buy this when something better is literally 1-2 dollars more? I understand the need for economic beer, but if you're going to spend less than 10 bucks on a twelve pack at least make it session or rolling rock.
>>
>>7229557
>Why would anybody buy this when something better is literally 1-2 dollars more
High Life and PBR, the best of the cheap beers are probably the same price
>10 bucks on a twelve pack at least make it session or rolling rock.
Why would you ever buy cheap beer in anything besides a 30 pack? You definitely want to avoid the light lagers, but the amongst the shitty not quite light lagers they are all almost identical besides a few crazy cheap ones
>>
File: newglarusstonesoup.jpg (60 KB, 576x721) Image search: [Google]
newglarusstonesoup.jpg
60 KB, 576x721
>>7228287
Do you know if they still make stone soup? I've been dying for some but my family can't find it anywhere.
>>
File: sip-of-sunshine.jpg (314 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
sip-of-sunshine.jpg
314 KB, 960x640
All these double IPAs taste the same to me
Good, but the same
>>
>>7229571
Didn't make it this year, probably will make it again at some point, they don't have a set rotation of which 6 pack beers they do each year but they do rotate
>>
>>7229578
Get some citra-y DIPA
>>
>>7228995
>2 stage cold activation

It's like it's the almonds of beer.
>>
>>7229594
UGh, thnaks anon, but I need my stone soup. You know of anything similar to it?
>>
File: IMG_20160103_212307-1.jpg (348 KB, 802x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_212307-1.jpg
348 KB, 802x600
Drank these this weekend. Discovered this local liquor store with a pretty decent beer selection, definitely going back for more Eric's ale and the gose in the middle.
>>
>>7229600
one of the best beers I have ever had

Some Surly is horribly overrated but Todd is fucking great
>>
>>7228995
coors light is truly nectar of the gods.
>>
Had one of these on tap at the brewery last night, deciding what to drink tonight while I watch the Vikings eventually blow it
>>
File: WorthyAdversary_Med_0.png (159 KB, 308x740) Image search: [Google]
WorthyAdversary_Med_0.png
159 KB, 308x740
>>7229646
forgot pic
>>
>>7229619
How was the La Folie? I just had my first few sour beers at a local brewery that mostly does wild ales and I've been looking to try some more.
>>
>>7229614
>You know of anything similar to it?
If you are looking in Wisconsin try this.
http://www.3sheepsbrewing.com/beer/rebel-kent-the-first-amber/
>>
>>7229686
All of the beers were very good. I haven't had many brown ales but I love sours so I decided to try it, it was my least favorite of the bunch but still very good. New Belgium has a lot of info about it on their site.
>>
>>7229686
>>7229732
Oh and definitely go for the Eric's ale if you can find it, amazing sour.
>>
>>7229646
>while I watch the Vikings eventually blow it
As a Packer fan, I'm not even sure I want to win, that trip to Washington looks a bit easier
>>
>>7228461
A resounding yes on being worth the 10$ >>7229571
I'm not the right person to ask this as I live in Michigan.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Drinking one of these while cooking dinner. It's been my go to for a while.
>>
>>7229742
According to their site I should be able to find some of both the next time I go through Houston, so I'll try then. Thanks - didn't realize how good of a beer locator NB had on their website. Usually I'll just grab some Fat Tire or Snapshot from my local Spec's.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Drinking this with dinner. Went well with the chicken pad thai. Hope you guys had a nice weekend! :^)
>>
First I finished my last Bell's porter, drank a Stone Delicious IPA, now I'm about to finish my bomber of La Fin Du Monde and then work through the rest of my Delicious until I pass out. Wish me luck
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.