[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General meatball thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 457446.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
457446.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
I saw an anon mention Finnish meatballs in a thread and it got me interested. Does anyone have a good recipe for them?
>>
Mix in 2 lbs ground beef, 1/4th cup bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. I usually do 80/20 ground beef, if you want it leaner, it will be drier.

For the sauce after sauteing your meat balls, de-glaze the cast iron pan (your a fag if you don't use cast iron btw) with about a half cup of red wine. Add a few heaping spoon fulls of sour cream after de-glazing and about 2 tbs. of Worcestershire. If you want a thinner sauce, you can add heavy cream. Thicker you can add corn starch. You can also add salt/pepper if you wish to your personal liking it in or not. Its a very adjustable sauce for adding any spices that you like.
>>
Meatballs are boffo
>>
>>7215687
I'm poster
>>7215664
Also, I don't really think "finnish" meatballs has a specific recipe. Lots include eggs in the meat, or none, some has cream, or butter, or etc etc in the recipe. I think its a dish that can have a lot of combinations of ingredients based on the family/town/restaurant that makes it. The only things that matter is that its beef balls with a white sauce. You'd actually love to experiment with a whole ton of different combinations. My recipe makes it more of a brownish due to the red wine, but it makes it imo silkier with a nice taste. My personal wine choice is Mogen David which is a very wet red concord that gives max flavour after the alch is bubbled off.
>>
Cream cheese in meatballs? Good? Terrible?
>>
>>7215765
I doubt they would brown properly but if you ensured that the cream cheese wouldn't leak out, should be good.

What makes Finnish meatballs Finnish? Is it just the sauce?
>>
File: 20120520-vabeh-polpetti.jpg (88 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
20120520-vabeh-polpetti.jpg
88 KB, 610x458
Scandinavian meatballs aren't really that great.

t. Central European living in Norway
>>
>>7215820
Boooooooo
>>
>>7215664
are those cuckballs?
>>
File: L1090275.jpg (3 MB, 3776x2520) Image search: [Google]
L1090275.jpg
3 MB, 3776x2520
anyone tried these greek meatballs?
they are mixed with grated potatoes and fried so its like half meatball half hash brown
>>
>>7216156
No but it sounds based
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.