[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what color should chicken eggs be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: niger.jpg (49 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
niger.jpg
49 KB, 499x750
what color should chicken eggs be?
>>
>>7209751
That is a fucking odd picture....very odd indeed.

Also, it doesn't matter what color the shell of an egg is, different breeds make different color shells. What's more important is what the chickens were fed and how they were raised - that's what makes some eggs superior to others.
>>
Hmpfh. Wish I was rich enough to eat lunch off a person's back.

Anyway, eggs should be yellow/yellow-orange yolk on the inside with a clear white.
>>
>>7209751
>That troll pic

Chicken eggs can be anywhere from a dark brown color to stark white, to a pale greenish on the outside. The diet and environment of the chicken will determine both color and hardness of the shell.

Color is not an indicator of health. Hardness is. Avoid eating softer-shelled eggs, the chicken did not receive enough minerals.

Also, make sure you WASH all farm fresh eggs.

Inside, a chicken egg should be pale to ruddy orange yellow, and the whites should be mostly clear.

A small amount of milky bit in the whites is fine. Avoid eggs with an excessive milkyness in them, off-color whites, or broken yolks when they come out of the shell.
>>
File: 250px-whitetufts.jpg (15 KB, 250x263) Image search: [Google]
250px-whitetufts.jpg
15 KB, 250x263
>>7209765
Really this
But I like the blue or green ones. They come from a mustachioed chicken
>>
>>7209850
Regular chickens also occasionally lay green eggs, depending on diet.
>>
>>7209854
Do you eat them with ham?
>>
>>7209854
Ham and eggs are a classic combination.

Green Eggs and Ham will require green food coloring; the shell color does not affect the egg color. It is also a classic combination, though. A surprising number of people will try it.
>>
>>7209836
You don't need to be rich to eat anything off of anybody
>>
>>7209836
>Wish I was rich enough to eat lunch off a person's back.
really? this is what you wish for? what's wrong with you?
>>
>>7209864
Kek
>>
The insides should be pink
>>
>>7209916
Not chicken eggs.
>>
>>7209765
It's a picture of Eddie Murphy eating steak off a models back
>>
File: Eddie_Murphy-Buckwheat-OTAY!.jpg (6 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Eddie_Murphy-Buckwheat-OTAY!.jpg
6 KB, 256x192
>>7209920
After the tranny incident he had to project himself more.

http://zhiphopcleveland.com/4452707/transvestite-sues-eddie-murphy-for-1-2-million/
>>
>>7209751
Wow /r9k/ was right, the interracial narrative is being pushed HARD
>>
>>7209906
I don't want the person's back, I just want the money.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.