[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is cornbread supposed to taste like slightly-grainy nothing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Dunkin-Donuts-Corn-Muffin.jpg (58 KB, 505x480) Image search: [Google]
Dunkin-Donuts-Corn-Muffin.jpg
58 KB, 505x480
Is cornbread supposed to taste like slightly-grainy nothing? Or have I only ever eaten bad cornbread?
>>
Corn doesn't work together with pastry
>>
>>7180910
You probably didn't eat a good piece. The cornbread in the muffin cups are usually pretty dense, mealy, and somewhat sweet. I don't know why people add sugat to their cornbread but is a very common practice. I can't stand it with sugar in it.

Cornbread is best made with freshly stone-ground cornmeal, and buttermilk, and is best baked in an cast-iron skillet.

i will put some bacon grease in my cast iron skillet or corn pan, oven at 425 and let it get HOT. Mix up batter don't over mix, let it rest a sec, get your hot skillet out of the oven, pour batter in, listen to amazing sizzle as it fries the bottom of the bread, put back in oven for 20 min. Serve with butter. Comes out awesome every time.
>>
>>7180943
>buttermilk
>cast-iron skillet

Listen to this man. If it's over a campfire then this might be my childhood nostalgia talking, but hot damn, that shit is magic.
>>
>>7180910
I can't stand cornbread muffins like the pic. I think they taste awful and they are way to thick and heavy. Eat real cornbread OP
>>
>>7180943
>I don't know why people add sugat to their cornbread but is a very common practice
Because America.
>>
>>7182359
Yes, since only Americans ever add sugar to anything. Sugar didn't even exist until America started using it.
>>
>>7180910
Roasted corn, butter, red onions & jalapeƱo
Amazing
>>
>>7180910
>slightly-grainy
yes
>nothing
no
>Or have I only ever eaten bad cornbread?
probs
>>
>>7182366
Moron.
>>
>>7182383
Retard.
>>
>>7182366
Americans objectively add entirely too much HFCS to literally everything, even things which normally have sugar are instead given 100x sweetness with HFCS.
Americans objectively have a much sweeter palate than the rest of the world as a result.

You can be butthurt about it all you want, but it's the truth.
>>
>>7182391

>Americans objectively add entirely too much HFCS to literally everything

Except it's incredibly subjective. Americans don't add HFCS to literally everything. Nice generalization though.

Keep making widespread false claims, it's amusing.
>>
>>7182398
>Americans don't add HFCS to literally everything
We do, though.

>Except it's incredibly subjective.
I don't mean "a pinch too much for my taste" I mean we literally switched to HFCS because it's cheaper and sweeter than sugar and can therefore be used in much smaller quantities for enormous cost savings but instead we use ten times as much HFCS as we ever did sugar.
>>
>>7182401
Why do you keep saying we like its a practice every citizen agreed to and carries out on an individual basis? Our government chose to heavily subsidize the corn industry and the consequences were completely out of our hands
>>
>>7180910
>have I only ever eaten bad cornbread
That is a distinct possibility. Try making your own -- preferably in a greased cast iron skillet.
>>
>>7182401
>We do, though.
Motherfucker, when was the last time you cooked with HFCS? Throughout my entire childhood the only time I remember my mother using HFCS was for making popcorn balls and pecan pie maybe twice annually and I don't think I've ever once used it myself.

>but instead we use ten times as much HFCS as we ever did sugar.
Yeah, nah. The amount of sugar in shit today pales to the amount of sugar in shit in the 1950s.
>>
>>7182514
Do groceries even sell HFCS? Are you sure you weren't just using regular corn syrup?
>>
>>7182524
They don't and he was. You can order HFCS online, but it comes in a 5 gallon bucket.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.