[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There was an anon a week ago (maybe two) who was proud of his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: idiotsammich.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
idiotsammich.gif
1 MB, 500x281
There was an anon a week ago (maybe two) who was proud of his homemade chili oil. He posted the recipe and I lost it. I was hoping to find it again.

>I feel like a pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x323
Wait, it's not just chili and oil? Serious question
>>
>>7162525
???

Any recipe can be as complicated as you want it to be. Especially chili oil, can put any shit you want in there. He said he had perfected his over the course of making it several times, and the pictures looked delicious.
>>
>>7162473
>There was an anon a week ago (maybe two) who was proud of his homemade chili oil. He posted the recipe and I lost it. I was hoping to find it again.
No idea anon.

But, my recipe is damn simple. I take a pot of olive oil, about 1/4inch, pan frying here... Cold oil + rings of ancho chilies, which are sweet but not crazy hot, however full of rich concentrated chili flavor. I slice up the anchoes with scissors actually. Add them to the cold oil, and warm it up, moving the chilies around til slightly puffy crisp, but not black or burned. Remove chilies, take off burner to cool.

I make small batches, because 1) I don't want to overheat the oil making volatile icky transfats or cook the chili flavor out. Just enough to enjoy for a couple weeks. Then, I enjoy those chili rings and drizzle of oil on top of air popped popcorn, in soup, on pizza, on top of fried eggs, molletes, inside quesadillas with onions and cheese, you name it!

Former boss was italian-libyan-jewish. He had some secret recipe harissa was that basically raw garlic, oil and some kind of fresh red chili he grew in his yard. It was smeared on french bread and enjoyed for breakfast with capuccino. I dream about that, no idea the chili either, never found a duplicate, but sometimes I do a blended red (ripened full grown) jalapeno with the seeds and all, garlic and oilve oil and almost come close.
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
152 KB, 1024x768
>>7162473
That might have been me. I didn't note the exact ingredient amounts, but I remember eating so much I thought my gut was going to implode the next day.

I think it was:
equal parts finely diced red onion and dried birds eye flakes
salt, soy sauce, sugar and and tamarind sauce
a couple cloves worth of garlic

All of that fried in enough oil to cover it, for long enough that the onions bits were crisp. The garlic must have gone in at the end now that I think about it, or it would have burnt.
>>
>a week ago (maybe two)
you know /ck/ has an archive, right?
https://warosu.org/ck/
>>
>>7162662
It was you! I recognize the picture. Thanks a lot anon, your chili oil looks delicious.

>>7162603
I will take yours into consideration as well. Thanks.
>>
>>7162662
what'd you eat it with?
>>
>>7162662
what oil?
>>
>>7162910
would a mix of sesame and olive oil be good? I don't fucking know ive never made this shit before.
>>
How long do you suppose that would be good in the fridge? Wouldn't mind making a large batch to keep on hand for munchies.
>>
>>7163153
It's oil, isn't it?
>>
>>7163153
>>7163191
yeah I mean, should be good for like...3 weeks or more.
>>
>>7162876
Mainly chinese food, but anything savoury really. Goes well in a sausage sandwich.

>>7162910
Something relatively neutral, peanut or vegetable oil. I think olive oil would be strange, but only because it's ostensibly chinese chilli oil.
>>
>>7163275
I've kept a clean, unopened jar of it for months, but that might be pushing it.
>>
OP here. went to the store looking for some dehydrated chiles. they stopped selling them. you'd think I live in the middle of fucking nowhere. guess ill have to get it online.
>>
File: IMG_1791.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1791.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
My attempt at some chili oil tonight.

extra virgin olive oil (measure at your discretion)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, minced
2 jalapeno; seeds in oil, discard pulp, minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp red pepper flake
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cap distilled vinegar

Tastes boss as fuck.
>>
>>7162662
>>7164527
REMINDER TO REFRIGERATE ANY GARLIC IN OIL
>>
>>7164548
botulism isn't even that bad you wuss
>>
>>7164548
I'm no fooding scientist, but isn't boiling in oil for a few minutes plenty hot enough to destroy the spores?
>>
>>7165506
There's spores and bacteria everywhere.
You can't escape them.
There's spores and bacteria on your eye ball right now.
The second you take it off the heat there's already spores and bacteria hitting the surface.
Embrace it. Love it. Make fermented foods.
>>
File: bubble.webm (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bubble.webm
1 MB, 800x600
>>7164527
Look good anon. The more flakes you use the redder it gets.
>>
>>7165681

I'll have to keep that in mind, was wondering why it didn't come out as red. Was thinking about adding sriracha but decided against.
>>
What's the best way to grind the seeds up? They're annoying to eat, but without them there's hardly any heat.
>>
>>7167290
mortar and pestel. But if they're dry enough, a quick run in a food processor will do.
>>
>>7167293
I'm starting to think I just have a shit tier mortar.
>>
>>7163082
Cod liver oil is considered the best for chili oil but it is a bit expensive, well worth it thought. The taste is amazingly good.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.