[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me about costco food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: costco.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
costco.png
1 MB, 1024x768
tell me about costco food
>>
>>7161256
it's cheap and delicious like your mother.
>>
>What’s puzzling to some is that rotisserie chickens cost less than uncooked chicken, and that Costco has consistently decided against raising prices on the item even though it easily could.

>“I can only tell you what history has shown us: When others were raising their chicken prices from $4.99 to $5.99, we were willing to eat, if you will, $30 to $40 million a year in gross margin by keeping it at $4.99,” Galanti said, as reported in the Seattle Times. “That’s what we do for a living.”

>In a nutshell, it’s Costco’s business philosophy that holds prices in check. The warehouse member club giant is stubbornly consistent about the $4.99 price of rotisserie chickens, just as it’s stubborn about its jumbo hot dog and drink deal—which has remained set at $1.50 since the mid-1980s.

>Costco reportedly sells more than four times the number of hot dogs sold at all Major League Baseball stadiums combined each year. According to a 2012 documentary on Costco, the chain sells in excess of 300 million hot dogs, pizza slices, and other ready-to-eat items annually.
>>
God amongst poor folks
>>
>>7161267
This. When you're hard up for cash and there's nothing to eat at home, it's good to make friends who have memberships so you can go there and pretend to shop while you eat with the amount of change you can find in a couch.
>>
>>7161273
or just go without a membership....
>>
>>7161260
>costco documentary
sounds neat
>>
>>7161256
>come through the exit by saying you're meeting someone inside
>go directly to the food court and buy a hot dog combo
>enjoy your subsidized ultra-cheap meal
>always refill your drink before you leave
>>
>>7161280
>not just walking in and buying food
you don't need a membership to buy food from their food court
>>
>>7161280
You do know you don't need a membership to go to the pharmacy or food court, right?

Also, Costco food court employee, ask me anything.
>>
>>7161283
How much do you make? I wanted to work at Costco, but them niggas never called me back. I settled for a job at McDonald's, and I kinda regret it
>>
>>7161283
My brother recently got a Costco membership and we went to the food court. Is it supposed to be kinda shitty? I got some cheese pizza and didn't really like it. Are the hotdogs better?
>>
>>7161298
Costco pizza da best
Polish dogs da BESTbest
>>
>>7161283
Does your sister have a big butt?
>>
>>7161282
>>7161283
didn't know that. the food court is behind the same guy that checks membership IDs to go shopping so I assumed it was the same. my dad always had a membership so while I still lived at home I didn't have to sneak in that often anyway.
>>
>>7161297
I just started and I currently make 11.50 an hour. You get a raise every 800 hours you work that is 50 cents. The best option is to watch for a Costco that is brand new, like I did. Otherwise, you'll wait a long ass time.
>>7161298
My lunch is almost always a hot dog with sauerkraut and a turkey prov. I don't really like our pizza. Gives me heartburn. But the pep is breddy gud. Some stores have bratwurst and others have polish. All are amazing.
>>
>>7161306
My sister just recently went to the doctor and found out she's now obese so yes, she doesn't just have a fat ass, she is a fat ass.
>>
What's the best product consistently available in the stores?
>>
>>7161312
I'm pretty sure there's some legal reason behind it. I know it's federal law for the pharmacy. I think the food court is just profit talking.

>>7161297
I also forgot to mention that it's easy to work your way up once you're in the door. I've been told that once my warehouse is a year old, I've got the supervisor position for food court locked down. Supervisors start at 22.50 which is a dollar more than regular employees top out at. Keep trying, it's nice to meet and work with new people.
>>
>>7161256
Official costco food power rankings:
>polish dog
>hot dog
>everything pizza
>cheese pizza
>pepperoni pizza
>everything else including the cups and napins
>chicken bake

Desert category
>berry smoothie
>very berry sundae
>everything else

disagree? fight me.
>>
>>7161327
I'm a teacher and that's more than I make
>>
>>7161330
Nah.

>turkey prov
>bratwurst
>hot dog
>pep pizza
>combo pizza
>chicken bake
>cheese pizza

Desserts?
>churro
>berry sundae made with swirl
>berry sundae made with chocolate or vanilla
>smoothie

Mocha freeze is on a level all its own. It's sad when Costco does a frappucino better than Starbucks for a third the price.
>>
>>7161334
Yeah, my mother's a teacher and she was like, what the shit. Managers start out at 60k annual salary. Costco is the shit.
>>
>>7161330
>berry smoothie
Those things are a special kind of crack
>>
Chocolate vanilla yogurt swirl
or
Latte mocha freeze
>>
>>7161470
Funny how sugar tends to taste good.
>>
>>7161256
I just ate a chicken bake before drinking. I regreat all of ofmnt DRTIONA.
>>
I work there and I eat that shit every day.
Hot dog and polish are best, if I want a salad I'll just buy one from the deli. Pizza's better than Caesar's.
>>
>>7161506
>>7161283

Can you guys tell me what the company culture is like? What are they looking for in a manager? I'm trying to get into Costco Corporate
>>
s'ok

Pizza took a notable downgrade after they changed the recipe or something I guess, but you really can't beat that price.

It's a stressed o.k.
>>
>>7161256

I want that turkey provolone sandwich. They did it in Australia for a months but then got rid of it...

I like the costco menu in south korea.. They brisket burgers, mushroom soups on their menu.
>>
>>7161330
literally nothing wrong with chicken bake tbqh
>>
>>7161553
I eat one once a week. I can feel my body creaming, but it tastes so good.
>>
File: Carne-asada-bake-sign.jpg (27 KB, 216x345) Image search: [Google]
Carne-asada-bake-sign.jpg
27 KB, 216x345
I just googled it and apparently everyone hated this. I thought it was an okay substitute if I didn't want to go out of my way to an actual taco shop while doing shopping.
>>
They sell some god tier muffins at Costco.
>>
File: 1266275241330.png (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1266275241330.png
29 KB, 200x200
>>7161617
dem croissants too
>>
>>7161529
You have to start from at the warehouse level. I've never heard of anyone outside the company being hired for a warehouse supervisory position, much less managerial or corporate. The culture is pretty much perform to the highest standard and then some, fuck breaks, steady scheduling, and don't forget to fucking smile. I've been here 3 years and I've worked in 5 different departments, currently in meat. Anywhere else you'd be paid less but have a third of the work load. If you're serious than apply to your nearest non-union location, work front end and kiss every available ass.
>>
>>7161330
Shit, I think my Costco replaced the polish dog with "Italian sausage" :( feelbadman.jpg
>>
>>7161544
Oooooh so they DID change it? I thought it tasted differently than what I remembered
>>
Just had a Costco open by me. It's currently just my wife and I, but we're going to be foster parents soon. Would a membership be worth it? I currently shop at woodmans, Wisconsin fag sorry, if anyone is in the know feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>>7161277
fuck off nigger faggot vegan weeaboo trash kek
>>
>>7161610
I really liked this, they only sold it for a very short time here though.
I hate the shrimp pizza they have sometimes
>>
>>7161260
>>7161278
Problem is that the Costco bigwigs are senior citizens and just like how Wendy and KFC went to shit when their senior citizen founders passed away, what will happen to Costco when the old men who found the company pass away and get replaced by slimy as fuck Wall Street faggots?
>>
>>7161280
To see the eye doctor or go to the food court in Costco, you don't need membership.

Most newly built Costcos are also incorporating an outside food court because of this.
>>
>>7161676
Well does Woodmans have a better return policy than Costco?

And Costco is pretty competitive with online retailers like Amazon on items.

Not only that but new parents obviously need to buy milk and orange juice and other stuff in bulk, am I right?

Costco is pretty convenient for that kind of shit.

Like Canadians even steal milk from Americans at Costcos located near the Canadian border.

Buying milk is serious business you know?
>>
>>7161277
A lot of Costcos have the food court inside the store, and they won't let you in without a membership, not even to the food court.
>>
>>7161283
>>7161282
>>7161813
You also don't need a membership to buy liquor. If you just buy liquor, they have to let you buy it. There's a federal law that prevents them from selling alcohol with a membership.

And Kirkland brand liquors are reportedly just re-branded common brands at a really steep discount. For example, apparently Kirkland brand vodka is just Grey Goose (like, literally the same spirit from the same distillery) with a Kirkland label.
>>
>>7161858

It's the same for a lot of products. I used to work at a greek yogurt factory. We produced plain and flavored greek for various brands. Safeway, Target and Kirkland greek yogurt is exactly the same. The only difference is the fruit in the fruit cups.
>>
>>7161851
yes they will you just tell them you want to go to the food court. They usually will have a way that skips the store floor and takes you to the food area that they will tell you to take though.
>>
https://youtu.be/wOwJ4PXt3GM
>>
I only really get the shit that doesn't expire easily at costco like TP, Garbage bags, frozen shit.

Also there 5$ rotisserie chickens are god tier.
>>
File: 2015-12-12 14.10.54.jpg (160 KB, 1439x591) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-12 14.10.54.jpg
160 KB, 1439x591
this.
>>
>>7161825
>Like Canadians even steal milk from Americans at Costcos located near the Canadian border.
>Buying milk is serious business you know?
Well, to explain that, we have a sort of dairy cartel that manipulates prices and stock to "keep the industry afloat". As a result some people go to the US for their inferior milk, why inferior? Lighter regulations on milk. Canadian milk is free from antibiotics, growth hormone and steroids, only redeeming factor of it.
>>
>>7161256
>no fries
missing out man. I swear, they're so close to cavendish fries but just so much better.
>>
>>7161330
the BBQ SANdwich they have is decent
>>
>>7162893
100% disagree that bjs is better than costco
>>
>>7162945
>free from antibiotics, growth hormone and steroids
So is most American milk. We just perpetuate the drug fueled milk maymay to keep you syrup niggers from stealing ALL of our milk again (RE: The Milk Crisis of 1972)
>>
Americans make me nauseous
>>
>>7161258
why don't the employees wear masks?
>>
>>7162250
Since you used to work at a yogurt factory before, can you tell me why is it so damn hard to find high fat yogurt these days?

What is wrong with yogurt having some fat?
>>
File: 979230.jpg (2 MB, 2058x2305) Image search: [Google]
979230.jpg
2 MB, 2058x2305
>>7163606

0% fat yogurt is just popular because of the recent health trend. Fat yogurt is starting to make a comeback though. In the lab we sampled 1 day, 7 day and end of shelflife samples every day to make sure taste was consistent. Pic related was my favorite
>>
>>7161322
how fat are you
>>
churros are amazing, I always get one when ever I go
>>
>>7161256
proof of god's existence
>>
>>7161812
>what will happen to Costco when the old men who found the company pass away and get replaced by slimy as fuck Wall Street faggots?
membership fee is dropped, all items increase to match regional wal-mart pricepoints. there is a boom of non-member business for 3-6 months and a fall-off to slightly below pre-revamp numbers of individual shoppers mostly kept on by brand loyalty or convenience of location that keep the brand profitable well into the foreseeable future.
>>
>>7161260
>>7161812
It's called a loss leader morons.
Do you know nothing about retail?
>>
>>7163606
Make your own full fat yogurt?
Yogurt is literally one of the easiest things you can possibly make in a kitchen.
>>
>>7162945
>>7162945
>Like Canadians even steal milk from Americans at Costcos located near the Canadian border.
>tfw live in Bellingham and both Costco and Trader Joe's are 100% off limits during the daytime because of Canadians, even with the recently weak Canadian dollar
Canadians are why I have to do a lot of my grocery shopping at night.
>>
>>7164309
To be fair the Jews have gone overboard up here.
>>
>>7164309
i'm sorry that some of ours are buying your inferior milk
>>
>>7161858
Costco brand anejo tequila is damn good. Which is a weird statement to write.
>>
>>7164309
I use to work for an electronics retailer in Marysville. The Seattle outlet mall just up the freeway, our store, and a costco nearby meant every weekend was a time to deal with Canadians. Most were friendly and fine, but holy shit, when you get a shitty Canadian customer they're worse than any American customer I ever had.

It's even worse when they're non-white Canadians (Asians/Indians) and they try to do dumb shit like barter.
>>
>>7161256

Shit, it never occurred to me how cheap food is at the costco food court.
>>
>>7164506

I fucking hate that my costco doesn't sell liquor.
>>
>>7164360

You come for the semen, not the milk.
>>
>>7161710

>shrimp pizza

What the fuck?
>>
>>7164266

Do you even know what a loss leader is?
>>
>>7161256
rip the polish dog
>>
>>7161676
Cucc
>>
Costco is based.

Only liberals eg faggots dislike it.
>>
The only bad thing about Costco right now is that their celery supplies are contaminated.

Feels like eating meat is more safer than eating vegetables these days.

For example, if you look at nationwide e coli cases, you are at more risk getting e coli from ordering a salad at a restaurant compared to ordering a steak.

So yeah, just for now, I suggest you Costco bros avoid buying anything from Costco that contains celery until the fucking farm that sold Costco celery gets its fucking shit together.
>>
>>7161260

what about bacon

kirkland backon was 4lbs for $12 now its $15

WTF COSTCO UR MAKING MY KETO (more) EXPENSIVE
>>
>>7162893
BJ's Pizza is pretty good for being pizza made in a wholesale warehouse. Besides, where else could you get breddy gud pizza and buffalo wings for 13 dollars?
>>
>>7164309
Hello fellow bellinghamite. Fo you attend the western washington university?
>>
File: Untitled-1 copy.jpg (189 KB, 670x370) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
189 KB, 670x370
>>7164309
>>7166239
im in bellingham and I go to western! wasssuupp!
>>
>>7166255
Howare you diggin this downpour?? Also the indian canadians are rude as shit.
>>
>>7166255
It's awful outside, yeah. I actually live near costco. Since the Canadian dollar tanked I don't have to put up with them filling up 5 gas cans in their trunks at the pumps there. So, that is kinda nice.
>>
>>7166266
I worked at the wendys next to costco as a manager earlier this year and i would see that shit all the time. It was pretty funny. Aoso dubs witnessed.
>>
>>7166266
Also shopping carts FULL of milk.
>>
>>7161297
applied and got called for an interview 1 day later, it's literally luck of the draw
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.