[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>move to america for work >get in early everyday and make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 368318.jpg (55 KB, 1442x561) Image search: [Google]
368318.jpg
55 KB, 1442x561
>move to america for work
>get in early everyday and make two pots of coffee for everyone
>coworkers start trickling in and the clunk of pepsis in the vending machine starts up and doesn't stop till everyone is in
>everyone obese and low energy, nobody drinks the coffee, and I've heard people complaining about cavities and in general the teeth are pretty shitty (even if aligned correctly) compare to the stereotypes you hear about Americans.

I want to email HR and put out a PSA but HR likes Mountain Dew...

Do Americans really do this? Wtf how do you start drinking sugary soda at 8 a.m. every day and not feel like shit?
>>
>>7154112
Nah
>>
>>7154112
>not feel like shit

That's the thing though, they do feel like shit. They complain about it constantly. Tired, head hurts, etc. I legitimately judge people when I see them drinking soda.
>>
>>7154112
What do you do for a living? Seems unusual to me.

Coffee that isn't a Starbucks _________- latte or a _________-a-ccino, is pretty much an older or european person's thing in the USA. Milk or sugar or tons of flavor is how people get the caffeine down. Having soda as the morning beverage can be two-fold explanation. A cold pepsi can settle a poor stomach, where a perked coffee can be pretty acidic. Reflux is a big problem among drinkers, obese people, and spicy eaters. And, coffee is a big problem for it. The other soda vs coffee drinks I've seen, simply don't like coffee at all, or don't like it in certain seasons (summer). They'll drink it to warm up for a cold meeting or afternoon perk-me-up, or if it has enough cream and sugar. For me, I have great whole bean coffee at home, or from a finer espresso machine in say an italian restaurant, but if it's going to be crap coffee? I'd rather drink tea or a soda (or water desu). I don't like bad coffee.
>>
yeah, you're full of shit, asshole
>>
American here my co workers drink coffee, soda and energy drinks constantly. I typically drink 1-3 of these beverages a day.
>>
American here I brush my teeth with soda and also mainline energy drinks into my urethra
>>
We don't have many habitual soda drinkers (People have a 20oz once in awhile). But I have seen some gross as shit done to coffee. I usually take my morning cup black and my afternoon cup with a bit of sugar cause I am hyperglycemic and my blood sugar tends to dip in the afternoon after lunch(Not even fat, and I get tested for diabetes every year and im I extremely normal)

>Out coffee is legit 1/10 quality, usually tests a bit like cigarette smoke but whatever
>People come in and take a cup
>Fill it 1/4 with powdered creamer
>Another 1/4 of sugar
>Coffee

The amount of powdered creamer used in this place is insane. Its generic and it tastes like complete garbage. Plus the fridge is literally within arms reach so why dont people just buy that liquid creamer?
>The one guy puts 1/8 sugar, 1/8 creamer then coffee till its 3/4 way full
>Fill it to the tippy top with hot tap water
>Cant imagine how it tastes, and there is decaf if he wanted to cut the caffeine

I usually keep a container of Folgers hidden in the breakroom and make a pot when I come in. Better than nothing
>>
>>7154112
My mom is a heart doctor and says the amount of ~30 year old males having heart attacks due to soda and energy drinks is ridiculous
>>
>>7154162
Shit coffee requires the creamer. Sad but true what you witness there.

If you can tolerate instant, I suggest microwaving some hot milk, and adding some Bustelo or italian espresso powder. It's always capuccino quality, more nutritious and way better than powdered Folgers or nescafe.
>>
>>7154112
What's it like working at Wal-Mart?
>>
If someone walked around eating straight sugar with a spoon, people would freak.

In liquid form however, it doesn't get a second thought. I'm glad rational thought is alive and well.
>>
>>7154181
Thats bullshit. In the 70's and 80s people were chugging coffee and snorting coke
>>
I like to drink diet but I drink a lot of diet soda I also drink coffee on occasion usually 4 cups or more.
>>
>>7154112

>move to America for work
>isn't the person conducting the meeting

You fucked up somewhere along the line, friend. Why were you a miserable failure where you're originally and please tell me why you STILL think it's better than a Nation not only playing host to you, but providing your with an opportunity to better you financial house?

Ohhhhh cake and eat it too huh? Canada in a nutshell.
>>
>>7154125
are you retarded? or do you still believe what your mother told you as a child to this day?
>>
>>7154133
What are you talking about? I'm only 29 and I have been drinking coffee since I was 15, my husband is 33 and Puerto Rican and he drinks coffee every morning as well. It has nothing to do with being old or European. It is more of a fat person vs skinny person thing.
>>
>>7154293
It's not bullshit, she wouldn't lie.
When a young guy has a heart attack and has little or no family history of heart disease, something is very wrong.
Do you smoke? No.
Do you drink? Occasionally.
Do you exercise? Yes, daily.
Caffeine or energy drink intake? None. Oh but if Red Bull counts then 2 or 3 a day.
>>
>>7154293

Americans, ladies and gentlemen
>>
File: 1392397809653.png (80 KB, 1080x1076) Image search: [Google]
1392397809653.png
80 KB, 1080x1076
>>7154133
>>
OP doesn't realize his coffee is shit
>>
>>7154112
I work at Pepsi and no one does this even when a bottle of it is 50 cents.
I'm guessing you work at a grocery store or walmart or something, which then yeah the general population doesn't give a fuck and will down that shit no problem
>>
>>7154112
They sound like obama voters.
>>
>tfw burgerclap
>ex's mother and father kept tons of 2L bottles of soda on counter (can you say flat and warm)
>they drank it constantly starting from a tall glass or three at breakfast
>they went through about 5 bottles a week
>they're both hugely obese

>currently
>professor who drinks 16 oz bottle of coke, sometimes two, every morning at 9:30
>may drink it in other classes as well
>he looks 9 months pregnant

Only soda I like is root beer (alkie version especially.) Coke is good maybe once or twice a year other than that. All in all I drink about ten sodas a year. Note: year.

I drink coffee or (preferably) two cups of black tea in the morning.

My family though, they drink coffee constantly at all times of the day, even at night. Which I also think is unhealthy. I drink tea all day but I switch to green and herbal in the afternoon.
>>
>>7156153
Rednecks love mountain dew though
>>
>>7156153
Fat, uneducated redneck slobs are really more indicative of a Republican voter.
>>
>>7156203

Republicans aren't the ones pushing fat acceptance, anon.
>>
>>7156203
>>7156237

Political parties are a divide & conquer tactic that clearly works in the USA.

You're both raging pussies, shut up.
>>
I drink 4-6 cups of decaf coffee every day, eggs in the morning, and cook with real butter and I'm 180lbs and healthy. My kids don't even get soda or juice just coffee and tea with honey and half and half. Sugar is bad, fat and protein is good M'kay.
>>
>>7154293
In the 70's and 80's people were a damn sight thinner though.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.