[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Panera Bread employee anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2
File: Panera-Bread-Logo[1].jpg (657 KB, 745x506) Image search: [Google]
Panera-Bread-Logo[1].jpg
657 KB, 745x506
Seems to be a trend of these tonight and I'm back from a closing shift. Fire away. I'll get as specific as the city in terms of location, but not the exact store.
>>
i walked by a PB last night and threw some trash in their dumpster
>>
>>7139536
hey OP i opened a bunch of fucking times but never closed, how was it? also how corrupt is your panera?
>>
>>7139574
Good to hear. Don't be a litterbug.

>>7139581
It was fine. A lot of newer people were working afternoon and night, so drive-thru was a mess. I may have passed off actually having to stock that line on the day crew because fuck if I'm coming in to two empty lines and stocking everything on them. (Drive-thru was closed when I got in, but the lines weren't properly cleaned/stocked/top items stored in the walk-in).

My Panera Bread is pretty okay in terms of corruption. A lot of young management; mid twenties to early thirties people run the place, with the GM being this pretty chill guy in his 40's.

Our franchise owners seem nice, though. Don't give you too much shit. The DM is a stickler, but he didn't become the DM for having shit standards.
>>
Why is my poop green?
>>
>>7139608
Have you been consuming a lot of blue food and/or drink? Blue stuff comes out green most of the time for whatever reason.
>>
>>7139536
whats the broccoli soup recipe?
>>
>>7139612
Because some of the stuff that makes your poop brown is basically yellow. Brownish Yellow + Blue = Brownish Green
>>
are the sandwhiches microwaved? pls how do they come out so fast
>>
Why the fuck did they get rid of the Tomato and Mozz panini? It was by far the best sandwich on the entire menu.

Literally never going back.
>>
>>7139716
Classified. Even if I knew (which I never read the ingredient list to see) I couldn't tell you.

>>7139719
Fear not, Anon. The only thing that's microwaved is the pasta (All of it but mac&cheese, that's stored in the same sort of thing our soups are stored in, but bagged per portion.)

How sandwiches are assembled on the line line the same as cold sandwiches and heated on an industrial panini press.

Lettuce is put on the sandwich after it comes off the press so it's still crunchy when we serve it to you. Heating it with the rest of the sandwich makes a very squishy lettuce.

Also PLEASE DO NOT ORDER TUNA SALAD SANDWICHES HEATED ON THE PRESS.

WE CANNOT HEAT THE TUNA SALAD ON THE PRESS.

IT SMELLS LIKE SHIT AND IS ALSO A HEALTH CODE VIOLATION.

We can toast your bread, though.
>>
>>7139741
The tomato mozzarella panini got replaced with the Tomato Mozzarella Flatbread.

The panini is no longer served because we no longer carry roasted tomatoes or tomato pesto.
>>
>>7139536
Is it true that everything is frozen?
>>
>>7139742
>Classified
pussy
>>
does any baking actually take place on the premises?
>>
ive eaten here once and dont remember how it was. why should i go back?
>>
>>7141502
Yes, everything you eat comes in frozen solid from freezer truck. This excludes the bread and dessert items, wherein individual ingredients are shipped cold but not completed products.

>>7141544
We don't make the shit in-store, it comes in bags we heat up. I actually don't know the recipe.

>>7141576
Yes. All the breads and dessert items (sweets and whatnot) are actually baked fresh each day. You will not find stale bread at Panera Bread (at least not our store) because every slice of bread and every pastry (excluding cakes and pastry rings, which last more than one day) is either donated, given away to the closing crew, or thrown away at the end of each night. Panera Bread operates from AM to PM for service, but there are workers on the facility 24/7 (All the bread and pastries are baked by a graveyard shift baking crew).

>>7141609
Even though I work there, I'm not going to shill the place. A lot of Panera Bread's marketing is in how it's essentially the Whole Foods of the restaurant world. It's pricey for what kind of food it is. That said, the stuff isn't bad and our restaurant runs a tight ship, so you can pretty much guarantee your order won't be fucked up (and it if is, policy is to make you another no questions asked for free). A meal will run you anywhere from $6 to $12, and you can make every single sandwich at home with little to no difficulty, even in finding most of the bread types we offer.

Salads are different because we use a retail-only chicken supplier that seasons and cooks it before shipping, but if you don't need exactly our chicken, you'll realize the markup is ludicrous. All salads come with 2 cups of lettuce for a full portion and 1 cup for a half portion. I believe our most expensive salad is about 8 bucks, and the combined cost of ingredients per full salad is like $1 for that item.
>>
File: panera bread.jpg (26 KB, 398x250) Image search: [Google]
panera bread.jpg
26 KB, 398x250
>go to Panera
>order a full size salad and a bowl of soup
>$19.00
>or get three bites of salad and couple spoonfuls of soup for $10.00 with the You Pick 2 maymay

Worse than Five Guys tbph.
>>
>>7142190
>$19.00

The fuck soup did you order, senpai?

A full salad is on average $8.00 and a bowl fo soup is on average $5.00

How the hell did you get 19?

You had to have gotten a large specialty drink or two, or you have a shit location.

Also you pick 2's are pretty filling.
>>
is the sauce on the frontega chicken sandwich the same as on the chipotle chicken sandwich?
>>
>>7142249
Yes, both use chipotle mayonnaise.
>>
wtf is the sauce on the bacon turkey bravo
>>
>>7142235
No sense of humor detected
Does it make you feel good to beat up on minimum wage fast food workers?
>>
>>7139536
Never Heard of you guys. In less tan 20 words explain why I should buy your bread.
>>
>>7139742
I want my tuna pressed
>>
Oh hey sup OP, former Panera BTS here. Which market, if you don't mind me asking?

Honestly just curious, not gonna rat you out or anything, I don't work for them anymore.

Replacing the tomato basil panini with the flatbread was fucking bullshit because the ciabatta is dead easy but FUCK THOSE FLATBREADS OH MY GOD
>>
>>7144257
No
>>
>>7144286
I was expecting people beinf rude in 4chan but for sue you are not a little cute girl mate
>>
I fucking love Panera Mac and Cheese, but one of my favorite items there is that Asiago Cheese bread they have. It's so fucking good.
So I'll ask, do you know the recipe for this.
>>
>>7144257
The bread's actually pretty good, though a bit overpriced imo. We get the freshly mixed dough shipped in on cabinets nightly, and the bakers shape, pan, proof, score, top, and bake it (so basically everything except actually mix the dough, if we had to mix everything every night you'd have like three bakers working 12 hour shifts and the cafes couldn't operate with that kind of labor).

I had access to the ingredients list, and it's literally just (enriched) flour, water, salt, yeast. Quality depends highly on the skill of the baker. I made some really fucking good bread during my time there if I do say so myself but I've also seen some of the bakers make some really shit bread.

People always seem torn between "Panera is overpriced but amazing" and "Panera is a load of shit" and it's because the food itself can vary so much on the skill of ONE PERSON, the one who is there working the overnight the night before.

Shit bread makes shit sandwiches, after all.
>>
>>7144339
Those are not less thna 20 words pal. But thanks for answering
>>
>>7144357
Yeah I started and then had too much to say, sorry.
>>
>>7139742
Why heating tuna is a health code violation mate? Explain further.
>>
>>7144270
We will not do it.

>>7144280
Delta Dough, Southwestern TN district.

>>7144419
Management just said it's something to do with the ingredients; I can only assume it's as follows:

Tuna is kept way colder than everything else, so it doesn't heat properly on the press and you end up with this warm but not hot mess of tuna that's still cold in the middle, and we have to assume stuff is getting taken home and you have it sitting for a bit. So now you have this improperly heated Tuna salad that's at the perfectly wrong temperature gradient that's made of eggs and fish product.
>>
How do you live with yourself?

Seriously. How do you sleep comfortably at night knowing you sell sandwiches and frozen soups to soccer moms and "independent" business women for three times more than what you should charge?
>>
>>7145294
I'm not forcing them to pay three times more than they should, and I don't get commission.

But I don't sleep comfortably at night anyway.
>>
>also Panera employee, only Dining Crew
>Panera in a shopping center location
>soon as the temperature drops below casual t-shirt level, soups sell three times as much, same as anytime it rains
>December the "lunch hour" lasts until about 3 because of how many god damned shoppers there are
Ours doesn't have a drive thru, but thank god for that, there's barely room for people to move in the back.
>>
>>7145280
Neat, formerly of the Seattle market. Corporate, not franchise.

>>7145500
Christ, one I regularly worked at was in a mall, all day lunch rush was horrible and I always felt so bad for the line people.

Meanwhile I'm back there alone in my bake area having a calm, relaxing day
>>
>>7139536
Hello fellow servant of mother bread, I'm a daytime baker, whats it like doing twice as much work but getting paid half as much as I do?
>>
>>7145811
It's okay. I actually got the job applying to be an overnight baker online.

Management essentially said 'You aren't ready m8" and put me on the line and refuse to let me do baker training because it turns out I get too much done on the line to move me somewhere else.
>>
>>7139536
Would you like some toast?
>>
>>7146593
No, thanks.
>>
>>7146588
Hah, I know that. We had a Dining guy who was the fucking best, like, the moment you think of something that needs done he's already finished it. He was never expanded into any other areas because of how goddamned essential he was on Dining.
>>
>>7146588
That's lame baking is great. Great work/pay ratio, always plenty of hours, and you get to make cookies and shit whenever you want.

Have they initiated MTB in your market yet?? Get yourself a daytime baking position if one opens up!

>>7145738
This guy gets it, being a baker is chill. Unlimited free coffee, free food, bake yourself something nice, bang a few associates. It truly is the best way to experience all that Panera has to offer.
>>
First time I ate a PB huge thick black hair in salad. Never been back. Everyone probably thought I was gonna say cock
>>
>>7139536
Hey OP, I have been trying to apply at Panera, how did you get the job?
>>
Unironic top comment of a /r/london thread

>This is stupid, if someone shoplifts something and gets caught and said they did it because of Syria is that terrorism?
>So, some bloke going mad isn't a terrorist attack
>>
>>7149121
I actually had lucky timing. I went in applying at one store both completely unaware that:
a) They were opening a new store in a month and were currently hiring staff
b.) Interviews for the positions were all taking place that day.

So I walked in and they thought I had already done the precursory interview and was there to confirm my availability and start training. To which I said "Oh, yeah, mhm."
>>7149074
Panera Bread does do hats and not hairnets for whatever reason. I usually just keep my hair short.
>>
Why did they discontinue the portabella and caramelized onion panini? This was easily my favorite item on the menu. Do you know the recipe for it?
>>
I kinda figured this thread would devolve into a mess of people asking OP why panera took whatever the fuck off the menu but seriously dude. Wtf happened to the french onion soup. Shit was phenomenal in your bread bowls
>>
>>7139536
Sometimes I go in for just a cup of coffee and sometimes a pastry or something. The cashier is really cute and she usually gives my coffee or pastry for free. Is free coffee a common thing employees do or is she just cool as shit? Once in a blue moon I buy some soup, but I always pay for that.
>>
>>7151420
Coffee is free for employees. Panera gets it so cheap that if they sell a single cup they still make a profit off the entire pot
>>
Can I drink Jaegermeister in the shitter? They used to let me at PaneraCares but they closed ours.
>>
>>7145280
>>7144419
I thought it was a health violation because it's fish and people may have an allergy?? So you can't cross contaminate the grill surface?
>>
>>7139536
I used to work there, there's pretty much no reason to ever go there
>>
>>7149680
It had already been removed from the menu by the time I got hired. I never thought to ask about it.

>>7151420
Free coffee is a thing. The pastry isn't, but maybe her manager's just cool as shit; we throw away/donate whatever pastries are unsold at the end of the day anyway.

>>7151697
Nobody's going to come demand to see what you're up to in there.

>>7151807
Just as likely, though we've double-wrapped breads containing allergens before and can't even do that with the tuna. Who knows, I just know we can't heat it lol.

Interesting order from yesterday night:
>May I get a you pick two with a greek salad and a smoked ham and swiss?
>Yes, ma'am, would you like a drink?
>No, thanks. Could you help me with something? I'm going to eat in the car in the parking lot; in about 30 minutes, could someone come out and help me carry my stuff in to a table? I'm a teacher and I need to get some work done.
>At this point my line manager says "It's her again." Apparently this woman has come before ordering in the drive through and asking someone to help her bring her papers and crap inside instead of just coming inside with all her stuff first and ordering there. Or doing the grading in the car. Or leaving her stuff at home.
>Cashier is confused. "Okay, ma'am?"
>Forget about her the entire dinner rush because I'm a line worker and not a moving company.
>Two hours later
>Manager steps outside for something (I think he was checking up on the patio dining area)
>Got flagged down by that woman to help bring her stuff in.
>Hear on headset "She's still heeeere."
>>
Why don't they call all of them "St. Louis Bread Company?" They're only called that in St. Louis. Everywhere else they're call Panera Bread. What gives?
>>
>>7153445
The reason I was given during training was that they didn't want to call it "St. Louis Bread Company" because it'd alienate region-loyal customers.
>>
What the fuck happened to the french onion soup? I tried it the first time by chance with no clue that it would disappear that month, now I'm hooked and I have no outlet. I already asked the local employees and they just looked at me like they never heard of it.
>>
>>7155164
You must have come in at the end of summer.
It's a seasonal item; it gets removed from the menu at the start of our Fall menu season. It will be back, but in approximately five or six months.
>>
why do you give me a piece of bread when i order a soup already in a bread bowl? why are your bread bowls so hard and shitty? why do you give me a dull butter knife to cut through your diamond hard bread bowls?
>>
>>7156342
Bread is the default side; ask for chips or an apple.
Bread bowls are baked once per day (actually the night prior) and sit in a bin beneath the soup well all day.
We don't have any knives available to customers but butter knives.
>>
From what I understand, it's the policy that if the customer is inconvenienced in any way, they are obligated to offer you a complementary snack or something. It happened once when I had to wait an excruciating 2 minutes for the staff to get some bread from out of the back.

Surely you of anyone here would know of a good "blind spot" to score some free cookies. Not every single time, I'm not a moron, just something to help sate the occasional sweet tooth.
>>
>>7153345
Can I slap my old man balls against the window and sing third wave ska lyrics?
>>
>>7157347
Taaaaaaaaake ooooooooon meeeeeeeee *horn solo*
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.