[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"What the fuck" moments when eating out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 21
File: niggerwhatareyoudoing.jpg (5 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
niggerwhatareyoudoing.jpg
5 KB, 256x144
>At subway getting a little dinner after work
>Guy behind counter weights 300 lbs easy
>"What can I get for you?"
>"I'll take a 6" meatball sub on Italian bread"
>Guy gets the bread, cut its up and asks "So what do you want on it?"
>Told him what I wanted literally 10 seconds ago
>"...meatball..."
>He proceeds to take 2 minutes individually scooping each meatball onto the sub with as little sauce as possible
>Confused as fuck at what this land submarine is trying to accomplish
>Minutes later he finally finishes and slides my sub across the cooking board to the cheese station, nearly toppling my sub to the floor twice
>"What kind of cheese would you like?"
>"Mozzarella"
>He grabs the shredded cheddar and almost puts it on the sub
>"Uh... no dude, mozzarella..."
>He points to the pepper jack with a dopy and questioningly look
>"This one?"
>"....No, just some mozzarella man"
>"What's mozzarella??"
>Stand there for a moment dumbfounded, wondering how some fat fuck can weigh a nickle shy of 300 lbs and not know what fucking mozzarella cheese is
>He points to the provolone and looks at me like some fucking infant waiting for their parent to congratulate them on putting the correct shaped block in its respectively shaped hole
>I begin to get pissed off at this point and just want to get the fuck out of there, go home and drink the whiskey I just bought prior
>"Yeah dude just use that"
>I was about two seconds away from jumping over the counter and melting this pre-skinny Jared's face off with the molten lava they like to call broccoli and cheese soup
>Finally we make our way to the veggie station without him almost dropping my sub, a god damn Christmas miracle
>"What kind of vegetables would you like on this?"
>I go with my standards for a meatball; bell, onion and olive
>He takes the biggest handful of each he could grab and just plops it on to the sub in 1/3 intervals without spread it out; 2" of onion, followed by 2" of bell, followed by 2" of olive
>>
Why are people posting that WoC? Is she from a TV show?
>>
>>7138595

>I'm at a loss for words at this point
>When he asks me if that's all I don't say a fucking word, just shake my head and then nod, walking over to the register
>Catch a glimpse of an older gentlemen sitting behind me and he too had a "wtf just happened" expression on his face
>Pay and leave, hoping to fix the monstrosity of a sub I just got at home, and once I get some whiskey in me

So, how's your Friday night going /ck/?
>>
>>7138599
>doesn't know monica crazy-eyes galetti, the kiwi cook
Though I think she's actually abo, rather than Maori.
>>
>>7138595
>I'm a fucking asshole, who gets angry over nothing and needs alcohol to calm me down - am I cool yet guys?
>>
>>7138609

Dude, nobody knows anything about New Zealand other than that the LoTR movies were filmed there.
>>
>>7138615
>expecting a subway employee to know what mozzarella cheese is makes you an asshole
>>
>>7138615

Not him but, if you don't like it then fuck off to some other board.
>>
>>7138615

>What is customer service

And you wonder why you get shitty tips, Jerome.
>>
>>7138617
Except that she doesn't work in NZ, she works in UK.

>>7138619
This. If the story is true (which for some reason, I can't decide one way or the other on its veracity), I'm amazed that anyone in any modern, civilised country wouldn't know what mozzarella is. Maybe a backwater shithole like, oh... i don't know... anywhere in Eastern Europe, but not civilised countries.
>>
>>7138629
>autism
>>
>>7138595
>be subway employee
>crippling depression
>dont want to leave house in the morning
>gained a ton of weight by not having any drive
>parents finally force me to go get a job
>they dont have money, we mainly ate rice and bread for dinner and never went out
>cheese is a luxury
>apply at subway, they give me the job
>first day on the job
>some guy comes in, whispers his order
>can barely make out the word "italian"
>grab the italian bread, clarify his order
>see him throwing a small mental fit as he has to say a word a second time
>want to make sure his sub isnt too soggy
>move the sub to the cheese area
>ask the guy what cheese he wants
>he whispers again
>i grab the standard cheese that everyone gets
>he throws a small fit again and finally says "mozzarella"
>no fucking clue what that is
>he's already pissed off i cant ask him
>start pointing to cheeses because i literally do not know
>finally ask after he is steaming
>he stomps his foot on the ground like a petulant child and confirms i have the right one
>he is noticably shaking
>think this guy is a pathetic alcoholic that can't go 5 minutes without a drink
>bring it over to veggies to make this as quick as possible
>he finally speaks the fuck up for once
>put veggies on
>he stomps his foot on the ground again and screams out
>why doesn't this autistic alcoholic tell me what his fucking problem is
>finally finish his sub
>he storms out
>>
I was having dinner at a nice restaurant called Bridges with my partner and her three kids for her birthday, along with their elderly lady nanny.

I decided to order the jambalaya but I asked the waiter to make mine not spicy (because I'm allergic to pepper). The food arrived quickly and it looked terrific but as soon as I took the first bite I started to cough, then began to choke. To my horror I realized that the jambalaya had pepper in it - a LOT of pepper. The choking got worse and I couldn't breathe but then the nanny came running over yelling:

"HELP IS ON THE WAY DEAR!"

She got into position behind me and started to firmly give me the heimlich maneuver. After what felt like forever a piece of shrimp flew out of my throat and suddenly I could breathe again. I turn to thank her for saving my life but I froze when I saw that her "face" was a prosthetic and had peeled off. My date's nanny was Robin Williams!
>>
I'm sure I caused a serious wtf moment for a sushi chef last year when I went to a sushi restaurant. I was trying out the keto meme diet (actually lost 30 pounds) and was mostly only ordering grilled meats while my friends were getting sushi.
Toward the end I felt like getting some sushi as well, so I asked the server if they could just do the roll in seaweed without the rice and of course he said yes. Now avocado is a really good food for keto, so without even looking at the menu I asked for an avocado roll. Waiter comes back with a plate full of plain chunks of avocado wrapped in seaweed. I thought the avocado roll was going to have some crab meat or at least something else in it, but it turns out it's literally just avocado wrapped in rice.
>>
File: 90789.jpg (68 KB, 856x534) Image search: [Google]
90789.jpg
68 KB, 856x534
>>7138669
>my partner and her three kids
I like this meme
>>
File: images.png (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7 KB, 224x225
>>7138662

>Trying to justify the actions of a poor employee

Not even once
>>
>>7138679

Was it still good?
>>
>>7138699
About how you'd expect avocado wrapped in seaweed to taste. Definitely not worth the cost though.
>>
>>7138619
>>7138629
>getting mega buttflustered *because* someone doesn't know what your favourite cheese is
> not simply explaining it to him from the outset

Being a reasonable adult is hard, isn't it cupcake?
>>
>>7138797

Sorry buttercup, but they get paid to know this shit. Being a "reasonable adult", would be knowing the ins-and-outs of your job; taking the responsibility that was given unto you during the hiring process and applying it to provide the service which you're being compensated for.

It's not a customers responsibility, nor should it ever be, to explain to an employee things they should already know.
>>
>>7138814
trolled
>>
>>7138814
It concerns me that your opinion seems to be 'they get paid for it, so its within my rights to be a raging dickhead to them when they don't know'. I worry now about how prevalent such an attitude is
>>
>>7138595

fat people are medically more stupid than thin people and people that work at fast food restaurants are lower class and therefore more stupid and less able than real people so I'm not exactly sure what you expected, OP.
>>
>eating at a local restaurant
>boisterous fat couple behind me
>laughing at their own jokes the whole time
>manwhale tries to stand up, ripping his pants
>coins everywhere
>screams out "I TIP WITH A RIP!"
>the wife starts laughing uncontrollably, smacking her hand on the table over and over
>>
>>7138606
I made my own fuckin sub. 6 of them. For $10.
>>
>>7138941

There's nothing wrong with that mindset whatsoever. You pay someone to do something. They don't do it. Why are you paying them? Nowhere in any scenario in this thread, especially in the OP, was there anyone being a dickhead. Particular sub par services have certainly been pointed out, but nobody here is being a dick except maybe for you people who apparently want such poor service to go without criticism, and that just doesn't make sense in the real world.
>>
>>7138954

That was not even the copypasta you fuck.
>>
File: scary-monica-eyes.jpg (22 KB, 274x219) Image search: [Google]
scary-monica-eyes.jpg
22 KB, 274x219
>>7138599
>Doesn't know monica
>>
> at subway
> person in front of me gets ham on white with no cheese, a small bit of lettuce, and like 1/2 cup of mayo
> pays $7 or whatever for this

Just make your own fucking sandwich if you're going to get something like that. $4 for ham, 99c shredded lettuce, $2 bag of bread or hoagies, $4 squeeze bottle mayo. You could have like six subs then.
>>
I was at a restaurant for lunch and I saw a pod of three whales sitting at a booth. The problem was each one, once settled, covered the majority of the booth seat, so the littlest whale had to grab a chair from a nearby table and sit on the side.
>>
>>7139089
I sure as fuck don't know who she is.

American, Detroiter, cook and competitive grill & BBQ.
>>
>>7138595
>these people can get jobs and I can't
>>
>>7138662
>We mainly ate rice and bread for dinner and never went out
>300 lbs

Nice try
>>
>>7138595
>barely any meat
>shitload of veg

yup, sounds like shitty subway.
>>
File: wut.png (299 KB, 620x425) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
299 KB, 620x425
>In line at McDicks
>Old lady in front of me uses a coupon for free coffee and gets some combo meal
>Two girls behind the counter, one of them makes the coffee and grabs her food while the other one works the register
>Register girl figures out that the combo would have been cheaper if she just bought the coffee normally
>"Let me give you this coupon back..."
>Other girl speaks up: "What the fuck? You can't give it back, I already made the coffee!"

mfw
>>
>>7139141
>American, Detroiter, cook and competitive grill & BBQ.

Embarassing
>>
File: 1436852241141.png (123 KB, 644x635) Image search: [Google]
1436852241141.png
123 KB, 644x635
>>7138595
>going to subway
>expecting competent workers
>>
>>7138615
If you're being served by a guy whose job it is to make subs and he doesn't know how to make subs, then yeah Op's displeasure is pretty justified. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>7138941
Are you accusing OP of entitlement? Entitled to good service?

Because he is. He was a fucking customer. That's how business transactions work.
>>
>Be me
>thyroid fried due to heavy steroid medication due to my autoimmune attack
>Gain alot of weight while in hospital
>decide to get a job to try and start up in life again
>Get a job in subway.
>Muscles still weak from the corticosteroids
>Try my best to serve this guy but he seems upset because I am new here
>feel.bad for.the rest of the day
>>
>>7138595
Dude we get the same exact sandwich, but I'm more picky.
I wont take a piece of bread that has already been cut unless I saw them cut it because the old breads always seem slightly stale.

And I always have them put the bell pepper and onion on before the cheese and I put the olives on after it's toasted.

Toasted for 10 seconds and done.

I have to be so specific that even I'm annoyed, but I get a perfect sandwich every single time.
>>
>>7138954
I remember that thread.
>>
>>7138595
The guy was literally retarded. As in, near-ward-of-the-state-but-gets-to-go-out-and-have-a-job retarded.

Do you enjoy self gratification through feeling superior to those who are biologically handicapped?
>>
>>7139232
What would have been justified would be to leave and take your business elsewhere, not stew in autistic rage for five minutes AND THEN PAY ANYWAY.

If that really happened, I'd be willing to bet the Subway guy was fucking with him. Saw this awkward dodgy freak waddle in and fingered him as the beta he is, and proceeded to play dumbass with his entire order.

He and the guy behind OP probably had the biggest laugh of the month together after he walked out the door.
>>
>>7139253
Amazing.
>>
File: 1444729203185.gif (628 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1444729203185.gif
628 KB, 800x800
In high school my best friend got his first job at Subway. It was pretty great.

>him and some illegal are regularly the only employees there, manager is rarely present
>head in during slow hours
>friend makes the fattest fucking sandwiches for both of us - triple meat, triple cheese, bacon
>grab plenty of cookies and chips and a large drink while we're pigging out on our free sandwiches
>he makes me another sandwich when I'm leaving so I can bring it to school for lunch the next day
>convinced his illegal coworker to buy us booze at the liquor store next door
>>
File: pipe-fedora[1].jpg (66 KB, 750x751) Image search: [Google]
pipe-fedora[1].jpg
66 KB, 750x751
>>7138595
haha yes indeed i too enjoy a fine tumbler of whisky neat of course
>>
File: cyclops.png (16 KB, 823x85) Image search: [Google]
cyclops.png
16 KB, 823x85
I love Subway tuna.
>>
>>7139586
In my last year at school one of my friends was working at Subway and another one at Burger King. The friend who worked at Burger King also had a grandmother who owned a butchery. So we had lots of bbqs at my place with free meat and Big King sauce. Everytime I went to the drivethrough of that Burger King and my friend was working I ordered an ice cream and got two big bags full of stuff. We mainly went to Subway in order to get cookies.
>>
>>7138679
well, that's what you asked for you dumb fuck
>>
>>7138595
she farted.

ruined the moment tbqh family
>>
>>7138669
I just don't find the Robin Williams funny. Never have.
>>
>>7138595
Cool story bro.
Would you tell it again?
>>
>>7138595
Subway doesn't typically carry mozzarella at all so you are literally the retard of this story
>>
>tfw she farts while eating out
>>
Meatball sub is disgusting though, the meatballs taste like shit
>>
> go to subway one night
> only one worker there
> only customer in store
> order my sandwich
> guy starts making it
> two people walk in
> he sets my sandwich aside and asks what they want
> walk out
>>
File: wew lad.jpg (114 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
114 KB, 540x540
>when people who handle my food have hands like this
>>
>>7140967
that's peanut butter
>>
>>7140868
that would be a keeper
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 539x960
>>7139586
Jealous.
>>
>>7138662

Kill yourself, my sympathy give a fuck has been drained by minorities.
>>
>>7138679

>asks for avocado rolls without rice
>gets avocado rolls without rice

???
>>
File: 1447747385928.jpg (20 KB, 307x352) Image search: [Google]
1447747385928.jpg
20 KB, 307x352
>>7139222
>>7138595

>going to Subway
>actually eating Subway

disgusting
>>
>>7138669
>>
File: 1392857797711.jpg (331 KB, 1028x1513) Image search: [Google]
1392857797711.jpg
331 KB, 1028x1513
>>7141268
>>7139162
>>7138682
You guys are faggots. Not even that anon.
>>
>>7138619
>not just pointing it out to avoid making a fool of him and wasting your own time
>>
>>7140960
> walk out
why?
I guess he should have told them he'll be right with them, but why walk out?
>>
>>7141369
Too bad it was a shit joke.
>>
>>7138973
I don't know where you would get stuff for a sub and make 6 of them for $10 making them $1.66 each and have actual meat and real vegetables and cheese on them not to mention condiments. Making a bologna and canned corn sub on stale bread with ketchup doesn't count. But awesome comment.
>>
File: 1449358418634.jpg (153 KB, 793x524) Image search: [Google]
1449358418634.jpg
153 KB, 793x524
>In KFC the other day at a motorway service station
>Just me, it is 4am
>One other guy in the corner
>He is Indian
>I order my food
>While it is being prepared watch the Indian guy
>He seems to be gesticulating and talking to himself
>Get my food and slowly creep behind him to Evesdrop
>Start listening
>He is doing a fucking food review to try and get big on youtube
>listen while I eat
>He is really fucking awkward
>Apparently the title of his show is "Bollywood Burger Bites"
>starts off the video by making a buzzing noise and waving his hand around before holding up three fingers and saying "Its the triple Bee, BOLLYWOOD BURGER BITES, Coming at you from New Delhi to hit the youtube telly!"
>except he stutters 10 times and has to keep doing it again
>eventually mumbles out a monologue describing his meal which is a chicken zinger burger
>takes a bite
>stares at the camera for a bit
>"T----T----this is a zinger.....if m---my Mumbaicycle doesn't have a r---r-inger''
>motions at the camera
>gives it a 2/5
>turns the camera off
>is sweating
>eats the rest of the burger complaining it is cold
>turns
>sees me
>quickly runs off

No luck searching for him on youtube yet, maybe he saw me on the video and felt too ashamed.
>>
>>7139489
I think you misspelled "higher than a predator drone bombing an Iraqi wedding"
>>
>>7138595
>him being fat has anything to do with it
>drink whiskey to calm down
face it m8 you're just a cunt suffering from the depression you deserve
>>
>>7138599
Monica Galetti, Michel Roux Jr's senior sous chef at 2 star Le Gavroche

She and Marcus Wareing (Michel used to do it) are judges on UK's Masterchef Professionals, where the pics come from.

She's at the top of her game, that much is for sure.
>>
>>7138595
>mozzarella
>Subway
Good luck with that.
>>
>>7141407
Not him, but let's see: the average half (six inch) sub roll across all varieties from Subway is about 80g with 57g being the lightest (plain, white "deli style roll") and the heaviest being 96g ("Italian herbs and cheese" roll).

As a baker, I can tell you that 800g of 65% hydration dough will bake down to a 680g loaf. The whole 114g "deli style roll" will use roughly 135g of 65% hydration dough which is roughly 61g of flour, which is a cost of about 6¢ per roll to the home baker or 3¢ for the half roll or 18¢ for six half subs and 36¢ for six whole subs.

Subway uses 3oz/75g of meat for a whole sub, so that'd be 3oz × 6 subs = 18oz of meat for whole subs and 9oz for half subs. Assuming all deli meat is the same price at $5.99/lb, that'd be $6.74 for the meat.

The use 1oz of pastuerised/processed cheese food per footlong. Assuming cheese costs the same as deli meat, that'd be $2.25.

So that's a total so far of $9.35, leaving 65¢ for veg and condiments, which is believable, but unlikely.
Still, I stand by his statement. I think it's entirely doable, especially if you buy cheaper deli meats and cheeses when they're on sale.

>love maths
>love food
Of course I'm a baker, right?
>>
>>7138609
She's from Samoa (one of the fattest nations in the world apparently). She's married to a Frenchman.
>>
>>7142746

sparklin' comment
>>
File: 1427463955799.png (109 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
1427463955799.png
109 KB, 319x316
>>7138951
>medically more stupid
>>
>>7141512
>Bollywood Burger Bites
>No sing and dance number
>>
>>7142804
>married to a frenchman
Barely.
He's from the deparment of Jura.
Most Jurassians barely consider themselves French.
>>
>>7142646
Butt hurt fatty detected.
>>
File: turkeydinosaurs.jpg (45 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
turkeydinosaurs.jpg
45 KB, 460x307
>>7142823
>Jurassians barely consider themselves French

There were no French dinosaurs
>>
>>7142911
Ha.
But you know: just as Neanderthal man was named after its discovery in the Neander valley, the Jurassic period was named after the discovery of fossils in Jura.
>>
File: Heres-Johnny.jpg (132 KB, 625x481) Image search: [Google]
Heres-Johnny.jpg
132 KB, 625x481
>>7142974
>>
File: baby-whale-pics.jpg (51 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
baby-whale-pics.jpg
51 KB, 375x375
>>7139131
>the littlest whale had to grab a chair from a nearby table and sit on the side.
>>
File: Screenshots_2015-10-27-20-17-31.png (722 KB, 718x1040) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2015-10-27-20-17-31.png
722 KB, 718x1040
>>7138954
>>7139017
>>7138973

Here friends
>>
>>7138595
Do people on the internet really think stories about dumb fat people working minimum wage jobs at shitty places are interesting?
>>
>>7143095
I love this story lol, 'tip with a rip' always makes me lol.
>>
File: fruityloungewear.png (403 KB, 326x493) Image search: [Google]
fruityloungewear.png
403 KB, 326x493
>>7138595
sandwich artistry isn't what it used to be.

also they don't have mozzarella at subway, they have provolone.
>>
>>7138595

kek land submarine
>>
>>7138595

Minimum wage, minimum effort. Come up to $15 if you can't make a sandwich yourself
>>
>>7138595

I want to believe he was new, because I just started working at a similar place and I'm not personally familiar with a lot of different cuts of meat/cheese. But I had a co-worker who was guiding me along (although I did have a customer be a giant asshole-I mean shit, I told you it was my first day, I'm sorry I'm having trouble keeping things straight).
If they left this guy alone without any training yeah that sucks, and that's not entirely his fault.

tl;dr working on the other side of that counter has made me infinitely more patient when it comes to Employees working customer service jobs.
>>
>>7143290
>tl;dr working on the other side of that counter has made me infinitely more patient when it comes to Employees working customer service jobs.

This is why I think everyone should work in some kind of customer service/support job for a year or two at some point in their lives. Once you learn how to deal with insufferable asshole customers, you also better learn how to not act like one yourself.
>>
have you all ever had geoduck

its fucking disgusting to watch people eat it

went to chink restaurant, some chinks ordered it, it looks like a big slimy phallus booger

how do chinks eat that shit
>>
>>7142746
Bravo!
>>
>>7143190
they do, they just keep it like in a seperate freezer which leads me to believe the guy in OP's was likely new and never had anyone order mozzarella so he didn't know it was there...OP just needed to feel superior than someone since he has never been laid so he felt he could get momentary compensation by putting down another...which is funny because by going to subway, for the meatball sub of all things, he has no right to question another person's intelligence.
>>
>>7143309
on the other spectrum you have people like my cousin who worked at an applebee's for 6 months and can find any small thing to bitch about because of it.
>>
>>7138595

To be honest I would blame the training more than the employee.
>>
>>7140980
I'm allergic
>>
>>7142823
probably because they're swiss
>>
>>7142746
I love when people can harness the 'tism and use it to their advantage.
>>
>>7146660
That's the thing: Swiss Jurassians barely consider themselves Swiss! There's this Jurassian separatist movement that wants to consolidate all of the Jura as one nation-state.
The region is kind of like Scotland that while there's quite a lot of pride in being Jurassian, just as there is in being Scottish and the residents generally support the idea of a consolidated Jura separate from either country, whenever referendums come up on the subject, they choose to maintain the status quo.
>>
>>7143147
>lol,lol,lol
lol? reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>7143290
>>7143309
Aren't parent's supposed to teach their kids to be polite? Why do so many of them turn out to be such assholes, does someone really have to tell them that it's not nice to be a cunt to someone who's making your food? Maybe it's just different in Canada.
>>
>>7147460
Don't pretend that lol is worse than kek or lel.
>>
>>7147460
rofl get a load of this faggot
>>
>>7147568
>today is my first visit to /ck/
>my first thread even

I was expecting you to say 'get a LOAF of this faggot' etc etc

This isn't what I expected at all
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.