[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been starting to cook for myself for the week lately >made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (309 KB, 1688x1125) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
309 KB, 1688x1125
>been starting to cook for myself for the week lately
>made a few simple dishes and taken pics
>sharing them to a group chat of just my family
>they're all impressed
>tell my parents I'll cook them chicken parmigiana tomorrow night
>been watching some youtube vids of people making it

I think I've got it down, /ck/. I just need a decent marinara sauce to go with it. I was thinking some spaghetti to go with it, what do you guys think?
>>
>>7133106
>marinara sauce
>noodles
Arguably the oldest and most destructive food meme. A good, thick sauce will slide right off the spaghetti.

Serve it with pasta instead, and make the marinara sauce by hand from a high-rated recipe if you have the time. Be wary that unless your family is full of hard-asses and culinary masterminds, they're probably e-jerking you off - or maybe they're just plebs.

Really knock their fucking socks off, senpai.
>>
>>7133106
>marinara sauce
I'd suggest not to. Keep the sauce simple and don't forget the ham. If there's no ham it's not a parma, and it should be served with a salad. Then your parents will know that you're looking after yourself and eating relatively healthy.
Make 'em proud, anon.
>>
>>7133130
Okay I'll cook pasta, no problem. I've watched a load of vids on youtube, but there's a lot of plebs who can't cook for shit on there.

> Be wary that unless your family is full of hard-asses and culinary masterminds, they're probably e-jerking you off - or maybe they're just plebs.

Nah, my mother can cook some decent food. We're all about healthy eating too.

>>7133131
Yeah, definitely adding ham. Where should I get it though? I take it normal cold cut deli ham isn't what I need?
>>
>>7133154
Ham is ham. Just don't accidentally buy bologna.
>>
File: parma.png (101 KB, 753x367) Image search: [Google]
parma.png
101 KB, 753x367
>>7133154
>I take it normal cold cut deli ham isn't what I need?
That's what I use. Nice thick slices are better than shaved, and avoid honey. Just get plain or smoked.
>>
>>7133155
At what step do I add the ham? After I've breaded and fried the chicken?
>>
>>7133175
top to bottom:

>cheese
>sauce
>ham
>chook

otherwise the cheese will slide off the ham, and the sauce will make the chicken breading go soggy.
>>
>>7133175
Yeah, it's essentially just so the cheese and sauce doesn't make the breading soggy. (also tastes good.)
>>
>>7133175
>After I've breaded and fried the chicken?
Yes. Cook the chook first and apply the layers and melt the cheese.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1023x767) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1023x767
Just watched this, Chef John made this 8 years ago. He talks normal in this one. The sauce at the end looks watery as fuck to me, pic related. Gross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbCWNe-xorI
>>
>>7133130
>marinara sauce by hand from a high-rated recipe

Got a link?
>>
>>7133106
Don't care how late this is.

If you've got the money replace ham with bacon and use some semi dried tomatoes under the cheese or bacon.
Sauce is on you. I just use an average tomato paste.
>>
OP here, I'm going to follow Laura Vitale's recipe on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xYOUNfzIn8

Is this fine for a beginner cook? I want to impress my parents but maybe there's an easier way to go about this.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1044x790) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1044x790
>>
>>7133130
>>7133131
The fuck? Just make a good tomato sauce with onions, garlic, and basil. I have no idea why these faggots are giving you such a hard time. You can make it as thin or thick as you want, so the type of pasta shouldn't matter.
>>
File: 1423181751237.png (217 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1423181751237.png
217 KB, 680x680
OP here, fucking hell. I was gonna go get the ingredients in a few hours. My mother was just down at the shops and told me to text her the ingredients and she could just pick them up, I did and she called me and said that it was too much and then tried to tell me all you only really need is chicken sauce and cheese and we could just cook it in the oven. I told her you bread it, shallow fry it then add the sauce and cheese and she said "Oh, we'll just not worry about it" Goddamnit, I spent so much time learning how to cook this shit and now they don't even want it. Ungrateful cunts.
>>
>>7136304
umm... go to the grocery store you pathetic faggot?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.