[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aluminium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
how safe exactly is aluminium cookware?

I use them on regular basis
>>
>>7116574
Most restaurants use a whole lot of aluminum cookware.
Of course, we have shitty life spans for having the highest GDP in the world, and the rest of the world uses a lot of aluminum cookware, so eh.

It does give off a lot of black residue.
I generally prefer stainless steel because of that and SS is a little more durable, but SS as thick as aluminum and of a decent quality is more expensive, less conductive, and heavier.

Drun/ck/ ramblings aside, I meant to say that there isn't any info I'm aware of showing that aluminum is worse than steel, iron, clay, whatever... unless you're going for some black market shit which could be 5% lead for all you know.
>>
aluminium good egg no stick
>>
you spelled aluminum wrong
>>
>>7116595
>Most restaurants use a whole lot of aluminum cookware.

Not anywhere I know of. Everything is stainless steel or they don't pass health inspection.
>>
>>7116816
britbongs spell it as aluminium
>>
>>7116829
The britbong who named it, Sir Humphry Davy, called it aluminum.
Aluminium is a 200 year long autistic tantrum from people who are upset that aluminum doesn't quite rhyme with palladium.
>>
>>7116829
And they spell color with a U.
>>
>>7116852
And we pronounce the h in herb like a normal person should
>>
>>7116843
who cares
>>
>>7116860
And have a monarch, like a peasant would.
>>
>>7116869
Got us there.

We should have done what the French did and chopped the fuckers heads off
>>
Just don't leave the food for too long in the aluminium
:^)
>>
>>7116821
Interesting. Where do you live, and why would it be against the health code?
>>
File: strawberries!.jpg (45 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
strawberries!.jpg
45 KB, 400x300
>>7116574
>I use them on regular basis

Enjoy your Alzheimers.
>>
Cast iron masterrace
>>
>>7116958
It's not. Tons of restaurants use aluminum cookware. There has been never been any valid, conclusive proof found that links use of aluminum cookware to increased Alzheimer's risk.
>>
>>7116843
>calling others autistic
>begins to sperg out because somebody misspelled a letter
top kek autism m8
>>
>>7117272
How do you misspell a letter?
>>
>>7116574
I think it's fine for some applications. I have an anodized aluminum saute pan (Magnalite Pro) that I fucking love, but I fucking love my carbon steel saute pans better. I also have some rolled aluminum sheet pans from the restaurant supply, and an aluminum roaster, which all work like a champ and I love those too. But, I also use a lot of cast iron cookware and carbon steel. The only stainless cookware I use are my stock pots and sauce pans, because stainless won't react with acidic foods, like tomato sauce, etc. I'd never use a stainless skillet or saute pan. Right tools for the right jobs.
>>
>>7117078
>tonnes of restaurants use them
>more Alzheimer's than ever
Hmmm. No thanks. I'll continue to avoid restaurants which are used exclusively by plebs.
>>
Aluminum works just fine and is a better thermal conductor than stainless steel. There are two problems with it, it is reactive with acidic food like tomato sauce and it can cause greying of sauces like a bechamel. Just be aware of these two problems and aluminum cookware is just fine.
>>
>>7117339
>age related disease
>people living longer than ever before

NO IM SURE IT'S THE RESTAURANT ALUBANIM
>>
Dad put cranberry sauce on an aluminum plate.
Turned the plate black. Ruined the cranberry sauce.

How the fuck am I supposed to have a Thanksgiving leftover sandwich with no cranberry sauce?
>>
>>7117392
>cranberry sauce

Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>7117404
I made jellied cranberry sauce with apple, orange, anise, cinnamon, bay leaf, and vanilla this year. Breddy gub.
>>
File: kronk.jpg (23 KB, 450x521) Image search: [Google]
kronk.jpg
23 KB, 450x521
>>7117554
>made cranberry sauce
>cranberries not an ingredient
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.