[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to dinner by myself >order an entree salad >waitress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: D20eg.jpg (68 KB, 934x934) Image search: [Google]
D20eg.jpg
68 KB, 934x934
>go to dinner by myself
>order an entree salad
>waitress asks me if I want dessert
>place is well known for its pie and cheesecake
>say yes, planned to get a slice of cheesecake, eat half of it and take the rest home
>order the "caramel brownie sundae" that was under the cheesecake heading
>waitress kind of smirks and says she'll be right back
>out comes this gigantic skillet brownie with at least four scoops of vanilla ice cream, half a can of Reddi-Whip, topped with sprinkles, caramel and chocolate sauces
>Th-thanks
>start eating it
>look around, see people staring at me for ordering this thing with nobody to share it with
>don't even want it, but manage to push down half of it before I vomit profusely
>bill comes
>this sundae thing was $11.99
>no prices on the menu, of course
>pay my bill and leave

Who is at fault here? Was I wrong in assuming that "caramel brownie sundae" was a flavor of cheesecake?
>>
>>7110878
I once went to a Korean bbq place alone and just sat there grilling my meat with no-one sat opposite me, the whole restaurant empty and the 3 old korean ladies just watching me
>>
File: 1.png (24 KB, 591x422) Image search: [Google]
1.png
24 KB, 591x422
>>7110894

Why is life so lonely?
>>
File: 1429120807403.jpg (60 KB, 960x684) Image search: [Google]
1429120807403.jpg
60 KB, 960x684
>>7110878
You probably should have read a little better

>>7110894
Dude that sounds awesome, I know you're meant to be with people but seriously if the whole restaurant is empty and you're the only one there then why does it matter, if anything they should be like "oh damn only this one melvin came in fuck we should get an ad out"

I eat alone all the time. In fact, at sushi restaurants, I really like sitting at the bar, sipping on Asahi, having a grand old time reading shitty posts that you guys make about beans
>>
>>7110894
Sounds great
>>
>>7110894
>just sat there grilling my meat
is this an euphemism?
>>
>>7110938
I'd like to "grill" my meat while 3 old Korean ladies watch me.

I bet they'd like it too.
>>
I was having dinner at a nice restaurant called Bridges with my partner and her three kids for her birthday, along with their elderly lady nanny.

I decided to order the jambalaya but I asked the waiter to make mine not spicy (because I'm allergic to pepper). The food arrived quickly and it looked terrific but as soon as I took the first bite I started to cough, then began to choke. To my horror I realized that the jambalaya had pepper in it - a LOT of pepper. The choking got worse and I couldn't breathe but then the nanny came running over yelling

"Help is on the way dear!"

She got into position behind me and started to firmly give me the heimlich maneuver. After what felt like forever a piece of shrimp flew out of my throat and suddenly I could breathe again. I turn to thank her for saving my life but I froze when I saw that her "face" was a prosthetic and had peeled off. My date's nanny was a MAN!
>>
>americans are so fat they have different flavors of cheesecake
>>
>>7110967
>my partner and her three kids

hehe i done'd the meme again
>>
>>7110968
Brits do as well.

Lemon is my favourite
>>
File: choc_chip_bread_pudding.jpg (260 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
choc_chip_bread_pudding.jpg
260 KB, 1440x960
>>7110968
you should try more british dishes like bread & butter pudding. Your fat cells will love it
>>
>>7110967
great post
>>
>>7110878
>go to dinner by myself
it's like you wanted this to happen
>>
>>7111031
They should say on the menu "Serves 2 people/ 1 American" though
>>
>>7110968
>Turkish delight
Why would you post a fat bong when trying to slam Muricans?
>>
>>7110967
Took me a minute
>>
>>7110967
RIP
>>
>>7110913
>I eat alone all the time. In fact, at sushi restaurants, I really like sitting at the bar, sipping on Asahi, having a grand old time reading shitty posts that you guys make about beans
This
>>
>>7110968
>le 'muricans are so fat XD XD
>>
>>7110894

korean eating culture is

- You never eat alone.
>>
File: ouch.jpg (19 KB, 388x392) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
19 KB, 388x392
>Go to nice fancy restaurant alone last month
>First time ever in adult life eating in a restaurant
>Look around
>See families and couples everywhere
>Get nervous
>When the waitress sits down and asks me what I want I get worried she is judging me
>Loudly pick up the menu
>Rip it in half
>Make a huge noise and everyone looks at me
>"I-Il'll order from the menu for one!"
>items on the half menu are all in half
>loudly order a 'rger with chili' pronounced 'rurrgeerr'
>waitress frowns
>asks why I did that
>apologise
>I have to wait while she goes to get another menu
>everyone staring at me
>end up taking my food home in a bag because I feel too humiliated to eat
>>
>>7111584
I'm aware of that, but I do it everyday

;_;
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.