[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoiled/Moldy Food Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 47
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 422x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 422x563
give me your worst /ck/
>>
>>7854365
Wish I had a picture....

I made a bunch of kimchi last summer, probably about 2.5 gallons in a 3 gallon pickling crock (ceramic lid just sits on top of the ceramic crock, no seal)... So anyway it was going great after like 3 days fermenting, but being summer and being that my house has like no insulation and the A/C is shit ambient temps were in the 90s and it went downhill fast. Eventually I just stuck it in a corner and forgot about it because it got bugs in it, until about 2 months later I peered inside out of curiosity...

Absolutely crawling with maggots and flies and looked and smelt like vomit. One of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.
>>
>>7854365
why?
>>
>>7854378
How do you fuck up that badly?
>>
>>7854391
Well I guess I should have refrigerated it but it was my first time and was used to sauerkraut where it ferments for a long ass time. Also first time using the crock, didn't realize how shit it was at sealing. I've got nice thick paper plates that fit the lid perfectly and make a nice gasket now though. Currently the crock is full of rice beer. I think I accidentally contaminated it the other day when I drank some though and it formed a pellicle, but it seems to be lactobacilli and is developing a tartness so I'm gonna let it go and see what happens.
>>
File: 1440604870702_0.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1440604870702_0.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>7854459
lmao, is that your moms tampon?
>>
>>7854459
How did it taste?
>>
>>7854608
>lmao
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 350x350
>>
File: day10.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
day10.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
>>7854365
i spent a day on the beach with friends and we had a picnic complete with hot dogs and juice and on the way back home i never threw away the fucking hots dogs and ice and some random chips and a gallon of juice in the cooler cause i was sunburnt and tired. so im forgetful and a week later i realize the foods rotting in there and it scares me so i ignore it even further until its about a month later and i open up the cooler ready to face my problems
>even the maggots died (approx 20) along with ants and flies and beetles
>i start gagging as i dump out the waste water into the storm drain in front of my house, the hot dogs liquefied once the hit the concrete

looked similar to pic related
>>
File: maggotshi.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
maggotshi.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>7854876
>>
File: beefhi.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
beefhi.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>7854883
>>
File: c2h.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
c2h.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
>>7854888
>>
>>7854883
>Dad grilled a whole lot
>Left leftovers in oven
>Forgot about it for weeks
>Open oven, rotten pig head crawling with maggots
>>
>>7854919
how does he manage to not use an oven for weeks??
>>
>>7854459
We eat this in México
>>
>>7854365
I had a block of colby jack cheese in the fridge for about 6 months. So I threw it in the microwave for fun.
>>
>>7854955
So you had something with mold on it, and you thought "I'll heat it up and spread these spores around *real good*!"

Hope you disinfected your microwave afterward.
>>
>>7854955
you people disgust me
>>
File: 1456591136592.jpg (2 MB, 900x9794) Image search: [Google]
1456591136592.jpg
2 MB, 900x9794
Sour Cream hmm....
>>
>>7854971
disgusting
>>
>>7854971

gets me every time

>the sourest of them all
>>
File: tupper.jpg (11 KB, 333x355) Image search: [Google]
tupper.jpg
11 KB, 333x355
I have this story, when I left my house for
be close to the university. I stay in a student house where we had a common refrigerator.
>Somebody left a half chicken on a tupperware
>I left the house a few time (like three or two weeks)
>Still there the chicken
>Wait until somebody says: "It's my chicken" or something
>Pass another three weeks, nobody says a word about the chicken
>I has tired so I decided clean the tupperware (some a sour smell was inside of the refrigerator) and then take the tupperware for me
>Take a gloves and some soap and chlorine
>Take the tupperware outside of the house
>Open the tupperware and there was
liquefied chicken (even the bone)
>I throw up, cleaned the tupperware (not very well)
>I gave it to the owner of the house
>Next week I saw new food in that tupperware
>>
>>7854419
>>7854391
Sounds like you didn't add enough salt and/or too much was exposed to oxygen. It should theoretically ferment until it's too acidic for anything else to grow.
I only do 3 day ferments though so I've never dealt with this.
>>
File: 1335450449260.jpg (77 KB, 386x460) Image search: [Google]
1335450449260.jpg
77 KB, 386x460
>>7854971
>>
>>7854971

>mfw he got arrested for criminal mischief for this because he caused $30,000 in damage to the house he was renting and was extradited from Minnesota
>>
>>7855434
good
fucking hoarders are a disgusting blight on humanity
>>
>>7855026

unless it's actual tupperware, you just throw the entire shit out
>>
>>7854876
Is that the stinky meat project?
Fuck I read that back in high school a decade and some ago.
>>
I stopped using my rice cooker for a month or two and forgot that I had left something in there. When I opened the lid I immediately threw up into the sink. I barely had the courage to go dump it into the woods. I bet I killed a tree.
>>
>>7855536
Go back there and take a picture for us pls
>>
>>7855526
yeah its stinky meat project. i still laugh whenever i think about his redneck neighbors catching him fucking around on their property with the meat
>>
>>7855577
>THOSE BOYS ARE BACK TO CHECK OUT THE MEAT!

or something to that effect.
>>
>>7855583
ITS THEM BOYS OUT THERE MESSIN' WIT THAT DAMN MEAT! GET EM!
>>
>>7854971
funniest thing ive seen all day
thank u for this
>>
>>7855434
Source??
>>
This thread just reminded me to clean out my fridge when I get home. I'm sure there's some moldy shit in there rotting away in the back.
>>
>>7857222
take pics
>>
>>7854928
>Dad grilled a whole lot
>>
>>7854365
Reminded me of this
https://youtu.be/e1YkRRLUeBQ
>>
>>7854971
Living the dream
>>
>>7854459
what was that originally?
>>
>>7857607
looks like fruitcake to me
>>
>>7857616
That's just your mirror, anon.
>>
>>7857607
Pretty sure some anon posted it and asked if good cheese was still good.
>>
>>7857711
*their cheese
>>
>>7857711
Yeah but that wasn't the original poster of the image, just a shitposter
>>
File: IMG_20160704_150951.jpg (155 KB, 1040x780) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160704_150951.jpg
155 KB, 1040x780
bought a bag of lecithine, poured some off in a smaller jar and put the rest away in a cupboard.
by the time i needed a replacement i realized that i didnt close the big bag well. What was once a yellowish powder turned into putty
>>
>>7857607
I was in this thread when the guy posted this shit, it was gruyere iirc.. I know it was cheese.

Sporebro taught us about sporangiophores and the like I wonder where he is now.
>>
>>7857836
My fucking brother visited a few weeks ago, and apparently took a plate up until the guest room. Was only expecting to need to change the sheets so I hadn't gone in until now.
There was a plate of abandoned meat of some sort, with mold on top.
>Well that's a bit nasty
Then when I scraped it out into the trash I saw it was full of maggots.
Never nope'd harder than that, took the entire plate out to the back deck and treated with a fuckton of bleach.
Fucking hate maggots.
>>
>>7858100
Didn't mean to quote.
>>
>>7855434
I think I also remember him posting something after that initial thread, in which he said his toilet backed up and overflowed. Instead of cleaning it up, he just locked the door and taped it. Eventually the floor rotted through, if my memory is correct.

This is what r9k actually does.
>>
I don't have a pic on my phone anymore, but one time my roommate left some penne noodles in a small styrofoam container for God knows how long. I eventually found them in the back of the fridge.

They had turned and were covered in a Smurf blue mold.

Really wish I still had that pic.
>>
File: ricecooker.png (1 MB, 1527x859) Image search: [Google]
ricecooker.png
1 MB, 1527x859
rice cooker. pushing the button to pop open the lid was a mistake.
>>
gallon of milk left in fridge for so long it became under intense pressure, was afraid to touch it, so left it.
It eventually exploded.
>>
>>7858763
fuckin retard
>>
>>7858751
shit man, that's a good quality rice cooker too
>>
Fungus bro, please give us informationsss
>>
I should clean my fridge. Lots of stuff I could share. I currently have a blender sitting on my counter with some ice cream base still from four months ago that hasn't been cleaned. I've been watching the mold grow.
>>
File: 1407147969396.png (31 KB, 243x289) Image search: [Google]
1407147969396.png
31 KB, 243x289
>>7857631
>mfw
>>
My grandmother had a cot in the attic where she kept all her homemade tinned food, some big glass wine balloons and a big freezer filled with game.
By the time I came around the tins had been sitting there for 40 years (post war era) and since they were bulging we were'nt allowed to touch them. Nobody else wanted to either so people forgot after a while. They also forgot the freezer.

At some point the power to the attic was shut off.

A few years ago the tins started exploding, coating the walls with weird black fermented stuff. The explotions took the wine balloons with them and loads of liquids drained into the floor.

When we opened the door to check the carnage people suddenly remembered the freezer filled with meat. It stared at us as a sarcophagus of death among the liquids and the black goo.

My dad opened the freezer carefully to see the damage. The stench was the most horrendous thing I've ever experienced. It filled the room, hallway, and soon the entire house.

The place needed to be evacuated while a professional cleaning crew did the job for us. Curtains had to be thrown away and carpets were destroyed. I'll never forget that fucking stench.
>>
>>7859136
not like it had to be thrown away....
>>
went clamming and stored all the clams in an esky on the porch with ice.

at our fill then "forgot" about them for about a week in 85f heat.

realised our mistake, too scared to open, let it sit for another two weeks.

the smell started leaking through the closed cooler into the house if you got close enough to the wall separating them.

finally opened it. ice/clam liquids had evaporated. all that was left was a thick jelly on the bottom with hundreds of squirming worms working their way through it.

ending up burying it in the back yard.
>>
>>7859384

>opening the freezer

literally punch your dad in the face for me

you're supposed to understand what happens naturally during the biological process of rotting and fermenting and carefully haul the sealed and unopened fridge off to your local dump.
>>
It was the summer after I had graduated and became a depressed slob, and I only lived off of canned food. I barely ate one can a day, and one day I didn't finish my canned pasta. I set it down next to my desk because it was bothering my internet browsing activities. I forgot about it, then I found it a week later, and I figured that I might as well left it rot even more. I set it down and waited one more month before I took a look at it again, and it was just a cup full of pitch-black fuzz. The flies wouldn't go near it anymore
>>
>>7854365
How the fuck does mold grow on hot dogs
>>
>>7859669
You created a beautiful universe anon :)
>>
File: Q7B5JkS.png (3 MB, 1346x4986) Image search: [Google]
Q7B5JkS.png
3 MB, 1346x4986
Nuff said
>>
>>7859876
>Nuff said
I really hate that phrase. It's like overly arrogant, even for the suburban white teens who use it exclusively.
>>
>>7859967
Thanks for sharing :)
>>
>>7854971
Jesus fucking christ how has this guy not died from disease, infection, or fucking maggots climbing down his throat wherever the fuck he sleeps
>>
>>7858751
how could you do that to a Zojirushi
>>
>>7859967
>It's like overly arrogant
I really hate it when people inject the word "like" where it doesn't belong.
>>
>>7854365
That's no mold, that is popcorn. It's ok to eat it. Don't waste food, dude.
>>
>>7859876
I really do not understand why people think this is disgusting. I agree that the combination is far from conventional but in the end the noodles are just grain, the spices are omitted. It could be definately better but I am not throwing up in my mouth by any means.
>>
>>7859876
>nuff said
But that's food gore you fuckwit, not spoiled/moldy food.
Not to mention like 90% of avid board users have seen it already.
>>
File: fag cured meat.jpg (313 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
fag cured meat.jpg
313 KB, 1200x900
>>
File: selection of foods.jpg (78 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
selection of foods.jpg
78 KB, 960x720
this is how I lived at uni. Not as bad as some guys. And yeah, that's petri dishes with bacteria samples in the back.
>>
>>7855026
I had some college roommates leave me a lot of trash as we all moved out. (as in we finished up, but would get fined if we left shit about). As in they left me 20 or so odd bags of shit, and in regards to the bag that broke I really wish I didn't mean literally.

I once called these people friends. Just threw the bags off the porch, fuck it. I got fined, we all got fined.
>>
>>7855536
Me too. Though I cleaned my with bleach, and it was more of a dry heaving. It looked like a documentary about jungle fungi, all luminous and shit
>>
>>7861887
A trip to the sink and 5 minutes of moving stuff around the desk would clear that up. Hardly the worst.
>>
>>7861887
I miss halls so much
>>
>>7854365
What kind of mold even is that? Looks like hominy.
>>
File: dont worry its just vomit.jpg (346 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
dont worry its just vomit.jpg
346 KB, 2272x1704
I used to have a big problem keeping my room clean in uni.

Luckily I do a bit better job now
>>
File: tmpHbjvL9.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tmpHbjvL9.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>7854971
Not again
>>
>>7863204
my room is almost this bad but at least i don't have a dedicated puking receptacle
>>
allright. rotten food story time
>be me, 21yo living in dormitory with a roommate
>we are both sort of lunatics, making fun of the worst shit possible
>roommate was bringing jars of goulash from home
>there was one particualry large jar, which he said he couldn't eat whole, so he let it sit on the shelf
>he then brought more food and forgot about The Jar
>we were talking about the thing a few times and decided to let it ferment
>we never opened it
>until the end of the school year
>for 8 months this thing was fermenting and bloating on our shelf
>8 motherfucking months
>for those who are not familiar with goulash, it's basically thick beef stew with lots of onions and paprika
>so at the end of the school year we had to move out of the dorms
>as we were going through our food we hit the jar
>fucking thing was all slimy and decomposed inside. Bloated like my stomach after huge pot of chilli.
>"We're gonna open the thing, I want to see it"
>so I took the shit to his table and twisted the lid
>spray of literal shit got on my hand
>no smell yet, it didn't come up to my mouth
>then I took a sniff
>Worst decision of the year. That stuff was so pungent, so wrong. I had to kneel down and hold my mouth so I won't vomit from that smell and laughter.
>roomie took a sniff
>he started coughing and ran straight to the trash can where he left his dinner.
>that smell was so thick it held in a hall like a cloud.
>I left the jar with a note "a gift from erasmus students from Ghana"
>Next morning I've heard the charlady in the hall coughing and gagging.
10/10, would do it again
>>
>>7860268

Horders are basically fine with living in their own shit, vomit, dead animals, rotten food, etc.

They either become immune to all their crap, or its the reason why they become so fucking sick in their own homes filled with mold and slime, and filth.

That's why on those shows they usually need to people with literal hazmat suits to come and scrape the place from top to bottom, and throw almost everything away.
>>
>>7854378
You didn't sanitize your vessels or seal it correctly

If you did there would be no maggots
>>
>>7855434
The system works, what can I say
>>
>>7857836
How did gruyere turn into that shit? What are all those fruit pieces then?
>>
This was from awhile ago, but I found this Greek yogurt that was sitting in the fridge for what had to have been at least 4 months. It was in the refrigerator that is in the garage and was Tues behind a big ass jar of pickles or something.
>>
>>7864136
ITS A FUCKING ECOSYSTEM INSIDE THAT CUP, HOLY SHIT
>>
>be me, mid 20s
>now living about 100 miles from hometown
>go back like every other weekend or so, hang out with best friends
>stay at one friend's house
>he has a storage freezer we'd use for weekend food
>had a build up of frost that bulged out the lid so it wasn't working right
>decided i would clean and fix for him
>pulled out the old stuff, but an old turkey too big
>told me to just leave on table, that he would get it out with the weekly trash
>got back home
>wasn't able to get back up for a couple of weekends
>get back up after three weeks
>stains on walls
>big black stain on floor under table
>ask other friend what happened
>turkey sat on table that entire time, became a beach ball then exploded
>other friend came by and cleaned it up
>homeowner friend said he'd get the walls and call in a carpet cleaner

last i ever knew, he never did that either
>>
File: 1463573955535.jpg (89 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1463573955535.jpg
89 KB, 621x621
>>7854971
>>
>>7863840
oh fuck my sides
>>
File: huh.jpg (29 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
29 KB, 337x450
>>7854876
>hot dogs liquefied
>>
>>7863204
how much can you vomit that it's caked on the side of your bin? is that really your pic? care to explain?
>>
>>7865493
Supposedly the person has some condition that causes them to vomit uncontrollably from time to time.
>>
File: my keyboard before i cleaned it.jpg (690 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
my keyboard before i cleaned it.jpg
690 KB, 2048x1536
why hasn't mold grown in here yet?
>>
>>7865524
because you cleaned it
>>
>>7864136
Nice fruiting bodies on that fungus
>>
File: comfy.png (50 KB, 497x258) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
50 KB, 497x258
>>7857607
>>
someone in the house i was living at the time put a carton of almond milk opened in the back of the pantry. when i finally discovered it the protiens had separated out into a cottage cheese-like texture that smelled like pee and death.
>>
>>7865524
because it's mostly dry food and skin particles.
>>
>dad loves watermelon
>nobody else bothers because it normally spoils
>he buys one anyway
>its sitting on a wooden floor out of sight
>one day like 3 months later everything smells like shit
>realize its the watermelon
>lift it up and it oozes bright yellow liquid
>shit looks radioactive
>smells like Satan himself just farted a hot gas into your face
>rotted like a 5 inch diameter hole in the floor

That was fucking awful
>>
>>7866783
Your dad sounds like a big fucking idiot
>>
>>7854928
summer
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (9 KB, 233x205) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
9 KB, 233x205
>>7866705
>>
>>7864106
i'm a hoarder but i actually clean and dispose of anything wet and/or organic
>>
I`ve got a half full or so carton of milk which has been in my fridge for around two years. I don`t want to open my fridge to look though, I haven`t for a long time.

Now that I think about it I think there was some meat in there too. Oh jesus...
>>
>>7854971
/r9k/ produces some of the purest 4chan content
>>
I am a mycologist and mould does not bother me at all (obviously). When I see these pictures I don't feel any revulsion, I just see common moulds doing what they do best.

The colonies are quite attractive, they are beautiful under the microscope, and they do interesting things.

I sometimes buy mouldy exotic fruits if it looks like something interesting is colonizing it.
>>
>>7855526
>Is that the stinky meat project?
haha wow, nostalgia'd hard
>>
File: yousillygoose.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
yousillygoose.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>7854971
I should not have laughed as hard I did.

for real though, this dude needs to see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>7866884
>i'm a hoarder
p-pics?

how dusty is your place?
>>
>>7863840
>sniffing it
You don't want to live, do you?

I hold my breath opening my gladwares with just a little bit of white fuzz and this nigga sniffs the fucking ancient evil after he cracks its tomb.
>>
>>7867335
>>7866884
Im called a hoarder, 30 living with parents who are neet freaks because of medical issues. basically i'm given one room to keep everything i have accumulated in 30 years of life, I won't lie, the desks and where i store things look bad, but it really isn't. I have no mold, i have no food piled up, hell the worst is a washed out bag of brattoli because i wanted to read the ingredients and try and make it for myself.

i mean this cocksucker >>7854971 thats a hoarder, whatever i am, its i have a sever lack of space for my things. Wouldn't be bad if i could get some plastic bins, but the ones that i would trust things inside of cost to much for me to buy
>>
>be 18
>be living with mother
>get in contact with gf from high school (been graduated for like half a year at this point)
>things get serious, decide to move in with her
>six months of scrimping and saving later it's moving time
>which means it's cleaning time
>and I was a fuckin slob
>most of it isn't too bad, just clutter and weed ash
>UNTIL
>grab coke can that's been sitting on my bookshelf for months
>oh god, there's weight to it
>I'd assumed it was empty this whole time
>take it to the bathroom sink
>kind of afraid, kind of intrigued as to what kind of weird mutant coke is about to come out of this thing
>pour it
>now, I'm not gonna say some exaggerated shit about how I immediately started puking and had to be airlifted out of the apartment, but I did take a half step back and go "Jesus Christ"
>smelled pretty bad, but the worst thing was the sight
>out came what looked like ordinary coke, and then solid matter came out with it
>some kind of organic mesh, and tons and tons of dead roaches and roach parts
>dipshit roaches had been breeding in this thing apparently for generations only for them and their hatchlings to fall the fuck in and drown every fucking time they went down for a sip
>putrid rotting cokeroach graveyard all dumping out of the can in my hand, quite a surprise
>turn the hot water on and let it steam away for a few minutes, then take the other former drink containers in my room straight to the dumpster
>>
>>7854971
>this person is allowed to own pets
>>
>>7854379
I think it come out the troat of chicken
>>
>>7859967
I agree with you, but you're going to receive criticism from people anyway because they don't know how to defend themselves.
>>
>>7854783
who here /eidar cheese wedge/
>>
File: this_gabagool_pleases_me.gif (3 MB, 368x349) Image search: [Google]
this_gabagool_pleases_me.gif
3 MB, 368x349
>>7866705
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 655x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 655x578
>sister had a really bad habit of taking dishes into her room and never taking them out until our parents got super pissed at her
>she would regularly take glasses of milk in there
>one day she took a glass in and didn't really drink any of it
>my mom took it out of her room herself only to find the milk had solidified into a disgusting gelatinous cylinder

That's probably the worst one I've had at my house but it seems relatively tame compared to the shit I'm seeing in this thread
>>
>>
>I once went to the kitchen to get some bread >it was dark and I felt my way to the bread bag >grabbed a slice took a bite kept it in my mouth
>opened the fridge looking for some drank >looked at the bread with the fridge light
>it was
>>
File: 1459312869338.png (193 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459312869338.png
193 KB, 500x500
>>7867389
>>
>>7854890
>>7854883
>>7854888
We eat this in Mexico & India
>>
>>7860295
It's just the sheer amount of gross, overprocessed garbage sweets that were loaded into it.
>>
File: 28400000772.jpg (163 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
28400000772.jpg
163 KB, 600x600
>as a child, had a longstanding habit of eating fritos + fritos bean dip as a treat
>did this consistently for years
>end up stocking up on the stuff, had like 3-4 cans in the pantry at all times
>one day get done hanging out with friends, go into backyard (??) to eat muh fritos and bean dip
>peel back metal tin of bean dip with my face against against the can in anticipation
>literal spores of white-green mold fluff out of the can into my face
>met with a horridly rancid smell of sour death
>chuck the can against the side of the house as I vomit immediately into the grass

That was 13 years ago. Never have touched a frito product again.
>>
>>7864136
Good lord, it grew a toupee.
>>
>>7854971
I've seen this several times. It only took until just now to realize his refrigerator is literally CRAWLING WITH INSECTS
>>
File: 1468034450646.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1468034450646.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>>7867824
>>
I recall a lot of milk mishaps in my childhood.
>around 9 or so
>sister is 5
>I start noticing a sour smell emanating from the formal living room
>brother and I are playing in the room, I go to retrieve a toy from beneath some furniture
>notice a cereal bowl
>pull it out, cereal and milk have solidified and become one
>oh god there's more
>gleefully tattle on my sister but feel bad since my mom has to sanitize the bowls and she has a penicillin allergy
To this day we still occasionally tease her about it.
>>
File: 1453757780924.jpg (16 KB, 448x545) Image search: [Google]
1453757780924.jpg
16 KB, 448x545
Why do I keep clicking on each thumbnail?
>>
File: curly.png (280 KB, 385x393) Image search: [Google]
curly.png
280 KB, 385x393
>8 years old
>Family planted pumpkins like every year
>Almost Halloween, take our pickings to carve
>One pumpkin got absolutely massive
>Very oblong, 5 feet tall, 3 feet wide, 2 feet deep
>but still bigger than my entire body
>so excited to carve this thing
>cut off top
>reach in without looking
>Hand plunges into a 5x3x2 pool of putrid green liquid
That fucking pumpkin was a hard exoskeleton protecting months of fungal growth.
Not being a particularly emotionally hardened child, I cried myself to sleep that night over the death of my dream pumpkin
>>
>>7854459
This looks pretty.

I wouldn't want to be in the same space with it without hazmat gear, but looking at it makes me want to do some gardening or something.
>>
>>7854961
The heat should kill the spores, right?
>>
>>7865524
It's dry. You can't have life without water.

Although now that I'm thinking of possibilities, I do have to wonder what would happen if ants or something found that thing.
>>
>>7867383
nigger my entire life has been reduced to two backpacks of items, how can you not fit your shit into your own room without looking like a mess
>>
>>7863204

this reminds me of that other screengrab from /tv/ with that ogre who lives in the basement of some aging pollacks.
>>
>>7867389
>Cokeroach
Ha
>>
>>7867829
Kek
>>
File: 1465706659118.jpg (18 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
1465706659118.jpg
18 KB, 560x375
>>7867389

>Cokeroach

pretty good
>>
File: 132897047490.gif (365 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
132897047490.gif
365 KB, 400x328
>>7860283
I think it's pretty hot
>>
>>7854608
what are you 12
>>
>>7867824
>Now All Natural!!!!!!!!!!1111one

Wat?
>>
I remember my mom bought a bunch of coconuts (brown hairy kind) once and after eating like two she forgot about them. About a month later, we were cleaning out the pantry and came across the bag with like 3 coconuts in them. The bag was inflated, but my 9 year old self didn't realize what that meant. I pulled the bag out and the cocnuts kind of slammed into each other, and they were so rotten that it kind of deflated and released this pinkish, translucent liquid in the bag. I foolishly continued to pull onto the bag, which caught onto a a splinted part of the pantry shelf, ripping it open. The smell that came from that shit can only be described as a sharp, vomity, rotten milk death smell. It filled up the entire room, and both my mom and I threw up. The worst part was that I still had the bag clutched in my hand while I vomited and ended up dropping it on the floor, which opened up the coconuts and released the pink juice onto the floor and on our clothes. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever had to clean up.
>>
>>7867782
Anon?
>>
>>7859518

Shut up nerd you gotta sniff it at least once
>>
>>7870598
I'm calling bs it would take way longer than a month for coconuts to rot in the pantry. Hell I bought a coconut once and was too lazy to open it for like 4 weeks and it was fine, didn't have a lot of milk though.
>>
>>7867190
I've always had the tendency to hold my breath around things that smell or look moldy.
I keep imagining the mold spores getting inside my lungs and eating at my soft mucous tissues.
>>
>>7870099
Because I didn't grow up poor and have parents who are able to be a safety net so pawn shop 'i won't live if I dont do this' never happened.

You want to reduce everything to backpacks... 1 would have to be dedicated to my dvds, another 3/4 to my video games, computer would probably fit in a massive backpack. then you have speakers, consoles, headphones, my bed guitar, camera, drawing shit, the move on to collectibles and figures i like or made.

Sure you want to get rid of everything I could probably fit every dvd blu ray and game into 2 1000 dvd/cd cases and toss everything else out, but that's not fucking living a life i want to lead.
>>
>>7870715
>material useless shit
you sound like a sheltered suburban teenager to be quite honest.
>>
>>7858113
no that was a different guy who was to autistic to tell his landlord of the clogged toilet so he starting shitting in the shower till that clogged and then shat in tableware and pilled them against the door.
>>
>>7859384
whyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>7870721
life shit on me, no insurance and the last time I went to a doctor was told nothing they could do would help me. Till pots legal where I live I have 2 options, deal with chronic pain, or pay nearly 1000$ a month for pills.

'life is about experiences'

Yea, when you have a memory that works properly it is. For me, i cant recall anything good happening in my life without a reminder that it happened... a picture, an object, probably the one that I like the most, my current computer case. It's a constant reminder that my dad does care about me, though he is shit at showing it most of the time.

Oh, but I do remember very vividly every single mistake or bad point in my life, need no help remember the shit id rather forget. Yea, for me material things are a near constant reminder of the happy moments in my life.
>>
>>7870774
John Dies At The End was okay. The book was better.
>>
File: blaaake.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
blaaake.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>7854365
Back in college we had this shitty Calzone joint we used to visit when we were tired of our regular garbage.

>After a typical outing one of my friends feels sick and decides to take whats left of his calzone to-go
>friend gets horrible indigestion the entire night
>he never threw the to-go box away, gets left out for a few days

Since that day we were never quite so sure what exactly that place put in their calzones, I mean I've seen this amount of mold after weeks or months, but only a few fucking days?
>>
>>7870823
It looks like you just put dryer lint on a plate
>>
>>7854971
The most disgusting thing I've ever seen on 4chan, I gag every time
>>
>>7864136
Christ, I once left Greek yogurt in a fridge over a month-long winter vacation and when I came back it was still smelled fine and the most it had done was turn pale yellow
>>
>>7870823
What a nice kitty.
>>
>>7870902

Funny things happen when you inoculate yogurt with a filthy mouthward spoon.
>>
>>7870925
oath.

had plenty of food that's unopened yet gone off (come at me), usually changes color or texture a bit, now egregious mold growth.
>>
>>7854971
The house I grew up in was/is in a similar state. We weren't hoarders thankfully-at least not of trash. The ceiling's just about completely caved in though, and water damage from rain has pretty much destroyed all the wooden furniture. The family also collects a fuck ton of cats and long ago stopped giving a shit if they pissed/shat outside of the kitty litter pans. The cats are probably mostly inbred by now and riddled with diseases... It's honestly just really depressing.. I only managed to get out of the place a few years ago.
>>
>>7867782
Are you OK?
>>
Why did I come into this thread?

Not even sure what I expected.
>>
>>7870920
I wanna pet it
>>
File: wtf.png (152 KB, 426x362) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
152 KB, 426x362
>>7854971
Everytime
>>
>>7867482
ayyy
>>
>>7867663
Ex had this problem. She ate nothing but leftovers from her easy job and pizza I bought.
Had almost every cup in her house sitting in various spots in her rooms growing mold. Mold was growing in bowls of ramen she left out. Cat litter all over her fucking dirty clothe carpet. Crusted toothpaste tubes left over and the messiest bathroom I've ever seen. Shit stuffed under her bed from ages ago.

She would throw a tantrum and get in a fight with me when I pestered her into cleaning her room. She cleans it and breaks up with me shortly after.
I left that bitch with my microbiology for dummies book.

tl;dr
>avoid girls who collect mold
>>
File: Pic-09112015-001.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Pic-09112015-001.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
>>7870778
So the bad shit you remember is either related to the things you think are good or it's made you who you are and seeing yourself as the reflection.
Join the thousands of others who plan to make something of their lives just to spite everyone and everything they ever said or did.

>>7870625
/thread
>>
>>7870639
Think what you want, it happened. And it was beyond rank.
>>
>>7870647
If you have a functioning immune system the common spoilage moulds won't hurt you. If you are immunocompromised (steroids, uncontrolled diabetes, immunosuppessants, AIDS, chemotherapy, etc.) then you can be in big trouble. Most fungi cannot grow at 37 C, so your body temperature is an excellent passive defense against inhaled spores.

That mouldy smell associated with Penicillium is a result of volatiles. I'm not sure if these can actually have a negative health effect or not, but some people can definitely become sensitized to moulds due to overexposure.

Anyway, don't try to inhale them but also don't worry about it if you are healthy. And don't eat mouldy (spoiled) foods because of mycotoxins.
>>
>>7871603
*mold

:)
>>
File: 21.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>7854459
>my picture ascended meme status
>>
File: 1459505113635.jpg (161 KB, 866x838) Image search: [Google]
1459505113635.jpg
161 KB, 866x838
>>7854971
>the sourest of them all
>>
>>7854365
> mold eats your food
> you eat mold
I see nothing wrong with this, show dominance.
>>
>>7871298
I dated this girl who did the same shit. All the fucking cups were missing. Coffee mugs everywhere with thin lines of rotting shit. Plates of hardened meat/crap. She would just sit there on her PC all day.

I really hope since we separated she cut that shit off. What a miserable way to treat your space.
>>
>>7867966
>not wanting a matriarch society in your keyboard
>>
>>7854365
>be me
>around 5th or 6th grade
>have a bad habit of forgetting my lunchbox in my locker before i go home
>leave it before spring break starts
>oh well whatever
>come back from the week long break
>make sure to grab lunchbox before i leave
>get home
>open lunchbox
>pull out sandwich container
>realize i left a sandwich inside
>kek
>open it
>there is a rainbow of mold covering the former sandwich
>white fluffy stuff that looked like expired cotton candy was sprouting from one corner
>evil looking grey material crawling up the walls of the container
>swear the whole thing was breathing slightly
Shame I didn't get a picture
>>
>>7871977
dominance doesn't count when it's dead so it isn't around to see consequences
>>
>>7872590
Just remembered this one too
>back in 2008
>friend for some reason has cases of old V8 in his closet
>i mean old
>they expired in the mid 90's
>he decides one day to drink one
>cracks it open
>takes one gulp
>immediately runs outside and vomits up pure white liquid
>we pour the rest of the can out
>its the same color as what he just hurled up
I think he still has the rest of the cans. He also had ancient packets of mustard that were filled with a rock-like substance.
>>
>Young me
>Dad is compulsive foodstuff buyer
>Has 4 fridges and a mini fridge
>One of the fridge outside had its wire bitten by a rat
>No one notices
>Dad blames mom once everyone found out
>Maggots in fridge, stench wouldn't go away after cleaning

Also,
>Be me
>Making sandwich middle of the night
>Takes a bites
>"Huh, pretty nutty flavour for a bread"
>Turns on lights
>Moldy bread
>tfw eaten half of it
>felt kinda high, possibly light-headed soon after
>>
>>7872622
> fungi isn't alive
get a load of this mycosentience denier
>>
>work at a zoo
>with the reptiles
>we have a large freezer full of mice and rats for the snakes
>whenever its feeding time we pull the rats out and defrost them in hot water
>anyway
>come in one morning
>smell something coming from the back
>realize its coming from the freezer
>realize the freezer died sometime in the past 12 hours or so
>it must have been quite a while because the stench coming from the closed doors is otherworldly
>work up the courage to open the doors
>hit in the face with the stench of hundreds of defrosting rodents
>there is blood and yellow fluid coagulating in the bottom of the freezer
>it is without a doubt the worst, most offensive odor i have ever experienced
We had to buy gas masks to clean that freezer out. When we eventually got it empty, we hauled it outside but there was a trail of blood/fluid from the back of the building to the front. Had to scrub the whole floor with bleach.
>>
File: 1468360493908.jpg (293 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1468360493908.jpg
293 KB, 621x621
>working 18 hours days at a beach resort for spring break
>routinely come home at 1-2 am, starving
>exhausted, but still make a grilled cheese sandwich
>tired, stupid brain, I cook with the lights off
>grilled cheese is easy
>eat the whole thing in the dark before crawling to bed
>wake up two hours later to find a volcano has replaced my digestive system
>puke and shit my brains out
>stagger into kitchen to get water
>see still open bag of bread on counter
>pick it up and almost faint from the smell
>the back half of the loaf is white with mold
>mfw I cooked and ate moldy bread

I was sick for 3 days because I was a lazy piece of shit
>>
>>7872719
>Freezer dies
>12 hours later
>Never opened
Those rodents were not rotting at that point. Try harder trollfag.
>>
>>7872741
I didn't say they were rotting.
>>
>>7854459
looks like some good blue cheese sempai
>>
>making my favorite tuna salad recipe
>grab the seasonings
>don't look at the containers, I can tell what they are from the tops
>mix the ingredients, to taste
>notice the dill is kinda clumpy when pouring it, it must be getting old
>don't think anything of it and add it to taste
>everything is finished, taste one more time
>tastes good
>start tidying up
>girlfriend is helping, picks up the dill container and screams
>its filled with bugs
>swarming and wriggling
>I must have poured AND EATEN bugs, eggs, larvae, etc
>it looks like the food machine in Snowpiercer
>my girlfriend thinks I'm retarded for not seeing it
>have no idea how that got past me
>spend the next hour going through all the spices one by one with a flashlight looking for similar incursions
>feel nauseous thinking about tuna salad from then on
>>
Worst for me was when a kid in middle school found a sandwich in a ziplock bag during the end of year cleanup. We guessed that it was a sandwich, it was near completely liquefied black and yellow sludge.
>>
>>7863450
>puking
>>
>>7867663
>have the same habit
>once leave a mug with a tea bag on it
>it grows hairs and some white shit
>leave it with all the other dishes

Another one
>give milk to my cat on a little cup
>forget about it
>it looks ok so a make her drink from it
>she's horrified
>grab the cup and its a slime
>>
I work in the meat department at a supermarket. Once I got called to customer service to pick up a return. It was in about 10 layers of shopping bags. When I opened it, it was a roast- in a crockpot- that was completely green and covered with fungus. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever smelled in my life. I kept throwing up in my mouth as I dumped it into the renderer's barrel. How someone let that happen or why they took it back I have no idea.
>>
>>7872713
No like, you eat it and it got consequenced but other fungi won't learn from it and the one you wanted to learn is dead
>>
>>7859876
>saying uff said
>that filename
>being this offtopic with your screencap

hi /r/4chan
>>
>>7863840
Damn that reminds me of this story in uni with my roommate

>roommate gets his bicycle stolen when school started in fall
>through a combination of sheer luck combined with the absolute stupidity of the bike thief, one of our common friends saw the thief riding the bike months later in our small college town and followed him to his house giving us the thief's address
>roommate starts plotting his revenge by cooking up the nastiest stink bomb he can think off
>jar literally filled with eggs, milk, sour cream, asian fish sauce and fish heads and guts
>occasionally keep tabs on the thief by riding or walking by the thief's place to make sure the stolen bike is still there and the guy hasn't moved out, all while the jar ferments
>come the end of spring semester, the jar has been brewing for at least 6 months
>under the cover of night we deck ourselves in black and in absolute splinter cell style, get the stolen bicycle from the backyard and end up by pouring the contents of the jar all around the house, yard, car hood before smashing it and bolting out.

Serves you right for being a piece of shit bicycle thief.
>>
File: serious.gif (1 MB, 331x169) Image search: [Google]
serious.gif
1 MB, 331x169
>>7874363
>why we have rule of law instead of vigilante justice
can't help but think you stole the wrong bike, and bombed the poor slob's house to boot
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-13-22-47-47.png (324 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-13-22-47-47.png
324 KB, 480x800
>>7867389
>cokeroach
>>
I don't have much to contribute besides a couple moldy plates from my dorm room, but I bring this from /x/. It includes mold.
>>
File: IMG_0900.jpg (15 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.jpg
15 KB, 250x210
>>7867389
this gave me the creepy crawlies big time m8
>>
>>7875391
We wouldn't go through this much trouble if we weren't sure. The bicycle had distinctive features and parts that were all custom made and assembled. It was a 100% it.

Hell, someone stole my leather Brooks saddle and if I saw it I would immediately recognize it and know it's mine just by looking at the indentation and scratches of the leather and recognizing the shape I broke the saddle in with my ass.
>>
>>7877331
dude stole your bike and you got it back, and then some. dude probably knows what he did wrong and is unlikely to do it again. well done.
>>
>>7861887

I lived with niggers from Kongo and Ghana in college. My mess was worse than your picture, but weren't even noticed when the landlord decided to kick them to the kerb.
These shits were so messy they had to replace a fridge, 3 cupboards, a window frame and an entire fucking wall.
>>
>>7867917

You have no idea how a microwave works do you?
>>
>>7854971
How does one live in this kind of filth? I feel bad when I don't vacuum regularly or when I don't wash dishes daily.
>>
>>7870778
Stop being a wanker and do something about it.
>>
>>7863204
sauce on the cat painting?
>>
>have cup of orange juice sitting on side table
>cup has a lid so it doesn't spill as easily
>forget about it for a year
>sister finds it later
>entire ecosystem of fungus or some shit growing inside of it
I wanted to keep it but she dumped it out.
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.