[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diced beef
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 11_-_Diced-Beef.gif (66 KB, 363x282) Image search: [Google]
11_-_Diced-Beef.gif
66 KB, 363x282
I've got about 8lbs of diced beef in my freezer and I want it out so I can put other shit in there.

I'm bored af of making curries, stews and casseroles. What else can I do with it?

Could I slow cook it and somehow turn it into shredded beef for sandwiches? Could I slice it thin and make tiny bits of jerky? There is very little fat on this meat Btw.

Please share ideas /ck/
>>
Make a nice pastry pie with tomato sauce, beef, onion filling.
>>
Dust in spices, salt and tenderiser powder. I use a mix of spices that you might find a bit unorthodox. It includes peppercorn, caraway, cayenne, marjoram, nutmeg, good quality turmeric, rose, thyme, ajwain, cumin and ginger, all powdered and the spices (excluding nutmeg) all toasted lightly before hand.
Add something slightly sour to just wet it, like whey, then store in a zip bag with as much air squeezed out of it as you can manage.
After several hours, skewer and cook the meat. You can do this in a pan, under the grill/broiler or outside over coals/on the grill.
Eat with rice (usually palav/pilaf), a stewed green dish (spinach is common) and a salad (tomato salad would be best, I think). Serve with a garlic-and-shallot yogurt sauce to be used as a condiment.
>>
>>7850510
Satay
>>
Goulash

Onions
Crushed tomatoes
Paprika
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Butter
Can of beer
Beef

Let simmer for 2 hours and serve on rice. Fucking easy and goat.
>>
>>7850510
>I slow cook it and somehow turn it into shredded beef for sandwiches?

Yes. Just season the meat however you like and cook it low and slow until you can easily shred it with a fork like pulled pork.

>>Could I slice it thin and make tiny bits of jerky? There is very little fat on this meat Btw.

Yes you could. And lean meat is best for jerky. Fat goes rancid so you don't want any of that in your jerky.
>>
If I had that, I'd make some cheap faux-japanese by marinating it in some spices and serving it over white rice with some greens on the side
>>
>>7852015
Thanks but I'm not a weeb
>>
>>7852021
Neither am I. I hate weeaboos, but good food is good food. Last time I had diced beef on hand, I served it up this way and it was pretty good
>>
>>7852273
t. weeb
>>
>>7850927
>And lean meat is best for jerky.

It depends on the cut - if there's lots of connective tissue the jerky can be nasty
>>
>>7850510

you could meat glue it back into a steak
>>
>>7850510
Make lots of different kinds of pies.
>>
>>7850510
A dish that my mother used to make

Black pepper
Orange juice
Red food colouring
Mint
Mango
Parsley
Garlic
Tomato

Stirfry these ingredients with the diced beef and serve over spaghettini.
>>
>>7852693
Interesting... Might actually give this a try.
>>
>>7852686
Good idea
>>
Make some steak and cheese pies bro
>>
File: Deep Dish Pizza (1 of 1).jpg (234 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Deep Dish Pizza (1 of 1).jpg
234 KB, 1600x1066
>>7850530
sounds like a tasty 'za to me
>>
Carnitas?
>>
make some motherfucking CHISLIC you jewish nigger.... Delicious as fuck and easier than your mom.
>>
Get wood stick
Add it on wood stick with other stuff like peppers, shrimp, etc
Cover or.marinade in any sauce

Grill them

delicious pinchos

I usually add thick bacon and teriyaki sauce or bbq
>>
I'd make tons of beef shashlik
>>
>>7850510

I would do Carnitas. I like the ones with Milk and Orange Peel that Chef John did.

>>7850914

This is also a good idea, as is

>>7850741
>>
>>7852021
>>7852643

kys
>>
>>7852750
die
>>
>>7854902
Fuck off cuntbag
>>
>>7852750
Do you find this forced meme funny, or is it done just to shitpost?
>>
Satay beef sounds good
>>
at least salt and pepper it to preserve it if your just gonna use it for a meat dildo or whatever you decide to fuck off with this beef
>>
>>7852693
>Red food colouring
why???
>>
Grind the meat and then you have a bunch of options...
meatballs, pasta bolognese, hamburger patties,etc. Although you'd prob have to add some fat since it's lean lol
>>
>>7856420
Adding fat is easy. Or even just mix in an egg - that holds together all ground meat pretty damn well.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.