[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Matcha-tea.jpg (3 MB, 2738x1825) Image search: [Google]
Matcha-tea.jpg
3 MB, 2738x1825
Hi guys what tea do you drink, also eny tips on drinking matcha tea if you find it too bitter
>>
>>7835326
If you have shit quality matcha it will taste very bitter. "Ceremonial grade" is supposed to be the best, but there is good quality matcha below that grade - just make sure you aren't buying the cheapest stuff you can find. I get mine from "Tokyo Matcha Exchange" online, 100g for £10.

After that, make sure you don't use boiling water. Get it hot but not too hot that it burns your tongue. A good indicator is boiling the water then leaving it in the mug for ~60 seconds before adding the matcha.

Thirdly you can just use less, I find that if I add too much the flavor is overpowering. And obviously make sure it's mixed in properly. I bought an electric milk frother from Amazon for matcha and it works well. Hope this is helpful
>>
>>7835374
>I get mine from "Tokyo Matcha Exchange" online, 100g for £10.
wew lad that is shit matcha
>After that, make sure you don't use boiling water. Get it hot but not too hot that it burns your tongue. A good indicator is boiling the water then leaving it in the mug for ~60 seconds before adding the matcha.
What the fuck is this advice? Use celsius or farenheit you fucking witch doctor. If you leave boiling water in a mug for 60 seconds then it will still be too hot. It shouldn't be more than 70-80 degrees celsius tops.
>>
>>7835503
Excuse me for not being autistic enough to whip out a thermometer every time I feel like a cup of tea
>>
>>7835503
>Use celsius or farenheit you fucking witch doctor.
>centuries old food that is mostly drank in traditional settings as a part of a ceremony
idiot
>>
>>7835326
yeah, my tip is dont drink matcha tea if you find it too bitter
>google how to brew a cup
>try once again
>dont like it, dont drink it
Im into oolong and greens, but i personally dont like matcha a lot, and that is perfectly fine.
Just because something works well on foodblogs and on instagram doesnt mean itll work for you
>>
>>7836156
Or he could be drinking shit quality matcha, oversteeping it, overleafing it, or scorching it.

Matcha is essentially green tea, so scorching it would be a big concern if you're used to just pouring in boiling water.

OP:
http://oolongowl.com/tag/matcha/
This reviewer has reviewed quite a bit of matcha, and has some bulk comparisons of different brands (including ones that can be found on amazon if that's what you're interested in). They're not perfect, but it may be a good starting point, plus they tell you at the beginning what temperature of water they used and what their matcha:water ratio was.
I'd suggest following what they did and see if this helps the bitterness, if not your matcha quality may be poor.
Try one of the ones ranked high in one of the reviews (or look it up yourself).
>>
>>7835647
Nigga do you NOT know where you are? Coffee/tea enthusiasts get stupid fucking autistic. Get real gear or fuck off to drinking tea with old ladies at Sunday bridge club.
>>
>>7835326
Hibiscus > tea.
>>
Hey y'all

I suffer from really bad anxiety any time I touch caffeine.

Can anyone tell me how I can get into brewing my own tea while still refraining from caffeine?
>>
>>7835326
I kinda want to try to get into tea, but I always find it too bitter or too odd tasting, is there any good middle of the road or sweet teas without having to put much into them?
>>
Matcha tea causes irreversible damage to the brain stem.
>>
File: fukien tea.png (236 KB, 1263x517) Image search: [Google]
fukien tea.png
236 KB, 1263x517
Saw this today in a bonsai book I was reading. Felt it was appropriate here.
>>
>>7836870
explain
>>
>>7836831
Try tisane, herbal 'teas', they usually have no caffeine or little caffeine.

If you want to drink teas, stick to white or green teas which have the least amount of caffeine. I have -heard- that caffeine is one of the first things to come out of the tea, so if you dip it in to some hot water briefly, then proceed to brew it normally in the water you will drink, it will have less caffeine.
>>
>>7837124
how's this?
>>
>>7837124
Green tea has the highest amount of caffeine of any tea.
>>
>>7837124
>>7837593
Caffeine content of any particular tea dont really depends on tea's color. Relevant influences is mostly freshness (new tea has more caffeine).

There are exceptions, of course. Hojicha and Lapsang souchon have lower caffeine amoount as well, due to specific production proces.
>>
File: moře12.jpg (54 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
moře12.jpg
54 KB, 800x530
>>7837124
From what i read on internet in fist 30-60 seconds you get about 50% of caffeine out. I dont think its worht it, but you may deem otherwise.

pic unrelated
>>
>>7835326

Yeah, don't drink matcha tea.
>>
I'm glad 99 Ranch Market has matcha.
>>
Why is the reddit tea list so shit?

Is there a list of sites that note the location AND year of their sourcing?
>>
Why drink tea when you can make tisanes from household spices and herbs? So much cheaper.

>>7836870
stop
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.