[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eat-in kitchen or separate dining room?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: .jpg (290 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
290 KB, 1920x1440
Eat-in kitchen or separate dining room?
>>
in front of computer watching youtube
>>
>>7795293
Couch or desk. Rarely eat at table unless I'm hosting an event.
>>
>>7795293
Eat-in is what I have. Dining room with a swinging door that leads into and out of the kitchen is what I want. The kitchen should not share an airspace with the rest of the house. I don't want the entire house to smell like food, or for the oven to heat anything but the surrounding area.

Same goes for the toilet. The toilet should be in a small closet-like area and the floor should be lower than the rest of the house with a drain in the floor in case the toilet overflows.

This is the greatest country in the world, and we design our homes like fucking idiots.
>>
>>7795293
>classic .jpg
>>
File: .png (31 KB, 1883x894) Image search: [Google]
.png
31 KB, 1883x894
Is this a poor design?
>>
>>7795293
What a cute pixie-fuck doll.
>>
>>7795321
>having to walk through the living room to get to the dining room

Yes.
>>
>>7795293
bitch needs to get her chin waxed
>>
>>7795324
>not having two living rooms
>>
>>7795321
Better than kitchen adjacent to dining room. That's absolutely pointless

>What can we use this space for?
>Instead of sitting down where the food was prepared, let's walk ten feet to a superfluous dining table!
>>
>>7795331
How is that better than having a dining room across the house?
>>
File: url.jpg (23 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
23 KB, 599x337
>>7795331
you're right, you family and guest should just crowd around the sink and shovel food into their maws above the drain
>>
Honestly if I didn't have family over I would never use my dining room. just such an ugly waste of space
>>
>>7795293
American so we mostly eat at the couch. There's really no specific area for the dining room, we just have a table in the space between the living room and kitchen (open floor plan, of course). But we only use the table on occasions, when we have people over, or just when we want to have an unusually big and "fancy" meal.
>>
>>7795293
>>7795310
>>7795324
>>7795331
I have the dine-in kitchen adjacent to both my living room and formal dining room, and down the hall from my garage. It's almost a great room concept, it's awesome. I only carry my groceries 15' or 20', I can watch the tv in the living room from my kitchen table or bar, or have a formal holiday dinner without carrying dishes through the living room.
>>
>>7795293
r9k here

When I eat I walk or ride my bike to Jack N the Box at 3 am then climb in the window to my room so my parents don't see me.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7795293

/int/ here, I use my dining room for activities
>>
I have both
>>
>>7795355
who is this grooshpic guos kushao?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.