[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>make marinade >put chicken in it over night >cook chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
>make marinade
>put chicken in it over night
>cook chicken
>put more chicken in marinade for the next day

I cook all my food in bulk. This is pretty safe, right? I bake the chicken to 160F and only use the marinade twice.
>>
>>7778038
That's fine
>>
As long as you're not letting the marinade sit out at room temperature for 12 hours after the first batch it should be totally fine.

Then again, the place I used to work would marinate chicken wings 2-3 times a week and always throw out the marinade... Everything they told me in culinary school safety and sanitation tells me reusing it once should be fine, and everything they told me in menu planning and cost control tells me it would be smart.

In retrospect I guess I should have asked why we didn't reused it. We would confit our fried chicken first, and reused that oil 3 times before throwing it out.
>>
according to Servsafe you have about 4 days in the fridge for raw poultry, which would mean your marinade by extension.
>>
I'd be more worried about diluted marinade than germs. You may want to add some more of whatever you made the marinade with.
>>
>>7778120
it's just vinegar, brown sugar, soy and oil. Seems to be better the second time around, actually.
>>
>>7778154

It will be better if you let it settle a few days before using next time, too. Ill like to leave chicken in marinade for a few days
>>
>>7778409
would adding some vodka or wine or something help act as an emulsifier to keep the oil/otherstuff from separating so badly?
>>
>>7778596
vodka and wine aren't emulsifiers anon
>>
>>7778601
alcohol is, so i was wondering. i guess not.
>>
>>7778596

If you're marinating something it should be in a container with as little air as possible, and you should still be occasionally turning it over/shaking it up.

If you for some reason want to make an emulsification whisk in a little dijon mustard.
>>
>>7778615
i leave that shit in the fridge over night. ain't nobody got time for that.
>>
>>7778619

Turning it over a couple times a day is fine as long as everything is covered in the marinade. Nobody gets up in the middle of the night to dick around with shit like that.
>>
>>7778154
>high in salt and acid
it's fine
you're fine
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.