[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ I need some pointers on how to make ravioli from scratch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Hey /ck/ I need some pointers on how to make ravioli from scratch. Whenever i try to do it the dough comes out like fucking rubber and doesn't stay stretched out when i roll it. Also when i use the crank press thingy the dough always end up getting caught in the sides, and coming out fucked up, how do i stop this from happening ? Besides that stuff do you have any recipes or tips you can share ?
>>
File: ravioli.jpg (252 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ravioli.jpg
252 KB, 1600x1200
Yield: 1 1/4 lbs dough
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Ingredients:
· 3 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour, sifted (plus extra flour for preparing)
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 4 large eggs, beaten
· 2 Tablespoons water
Directions:
1. Place eggs, water, flour and salt in mixer bowl. Attached bowl and flat beater. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 30 to 60 seconds. Add more water if the dough is too dry, in 1/2 Tablespoon increments.
2. Change out the flat beater for the dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and knead for 2 minutes. Remove the dough and knead by hand for 2 minutes. Let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Cut dough into four pieces before processing with pasta sheet attachment. Take one piece and flatten into a
4. rectangular shape. Adding flour to both sides. Be sure to cover the other pieces. Attach the pasta sheet roller to your stand mixer and set it to #1. Turn on the stand mixer to speed 2 and run the pasta dough through the pasta sheet roller. While on #1, fold the dough in half and run it through again. I do this several times.
5. Adding a little bit of flour on each side of the dough again, change setting to #2 and pass the pasta dough through the sheet roller. I do this twice and then twice each on #3 and then #4. If you want thicker dough, don't do the #4 setting.
6. Once again, add flour to each side of your long pasta sheet. Change the attachment to your spaghetti or fettuccine cutter and turn on to speed 2. Run the pasta sheet through and with your left hand, hold on to the pasta as it comes through the cutter. It's usually really long so I cut it and then wind it around my hand to create a nest. Allow pasta to dry for a few minutes before boiling.
7. When boiling your pasta, it only needs 3 to 7 minutes to boil.
8. With this pasta recipe, I prefer the fettuccine cutter.
Notes:
If drying your pasta, hang on clean plastic clothes hangers or a pasta drying rack for at least an hour.
>>
File: pasta.jpg (200 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pasta.jpg
200 KB, 1600x1200
It works when you learn how to work the pasta roller. You have to be very gentle.
>>
I usually just dump the ravioli into boiling water with some salt and olive oil. I turn the heat down some and cook for as long as it says on the package. Then I strain it in a pasta strainer. I serve it with some sauce from the jar and grated cheese. Some basil and garlic in the sauce is nice too.
>>
>>7084809

you have to build that shit first, eh?
>>
>>7084817
He buys premade ravs
>>
>>7084809
Nah, my mom buys it for me and sometimes I buy it myself.
>>
It's like arguing about dog food. None of you have made any pasta at all. You've never done any of this..
>>
>>7084838
Nigger I boiled some linguini this weekend and poured clam sauce with the last fresh tabascos from my only remaining plant all over that motherfucker.

I had gluten free bitches from all over the neighborhood coming over to slurp up the pasta and sauce I made, Then after I finished a box of wine with a 10/10 that came over for dinner I gave her the butternut squash if you know what I mean.
>>
>>7084838

what is wrong with you?
>>
>>7084880
He is probably gluten free for some self created reason so he feels sophisticated or is probably transgender. An angry tranny because they likely botched the surgery.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.