[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ordering a burger at a place that is obviously not a burger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 1300x866
Is ordering a burger at a place that is obviously not a burger joint degenerate? For instance going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering off the gringos menu or going to a fancy restaurant that has a shitty burger on it just to cater to picky kids and stupid fat fucks with no class.
>>
If you want to eat a burger, eat a burger
If they gave a fuck, it wouldn't be on the menu.
>>
>>7761927
this
>>
> For instance going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering off the gringos menu or going to a fancy restaurant that has a shitty burger on it just to cater to picky kids and stupid fat fucks with no class.

I don't get this anon.

Why go to a Mexican restaurant to eat a burger? Or a fancy restaurant?

When I go to a Korean restaurant I don't go there to eat a burger, I go there to eat Korean food.

It's just like people going to Mickey D or another fast food chain and ordering a salad because muh health before drowning it in ranch.

Why go to a place that is known for its unhealthy food to order a fucking salad?
>>
>>7761932
Often, people get dragged to restaurants they don't want to go to just because their friends or family all decided to go there.

If you weren't foreveralone, you might have already thought of this.
>>
>>7761927
>>7761930
Fuck liberalism and feminism, making it not just accepted, but expected tot be a god damn man-child
>>
File: smugpajamaboy.png (126 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
smugpajamaboy.png
126 KB, 256x256
>>7761936
>"only manchildren don't hold their mug with BOTH hands!"
>>
>>7761914
>degenerate
I think memes have atrophied your brain.
>>
>>7761936
>cries impotently about stupid shit on a peruvian pottery forum
>calls other people manchildren

The irony is rich.
>>
>>7761914
sometimes fancy restaurants, especially fancy steak places, actually make good burgers though. i probably wouldnt' consider it unless it's lunchtime.
>>
>classic image.jpg
>>
>>7761934
Have a wife and kid (and yeah, he's mine, durrrr le my wife's son maymay).

Maybe take charge of your own life instead of being a literal pushover little bitch.
>>
File: 3C6ffgs.jpg (97 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
3C6ffgs.jpg
97 KB, 720x960
>>7762088
>be part of a group of 5 people
>everyone wants thai food but you
>throw a shit fit because you don't like thai food
>friends go to a restaurant none of them wanted to go to get you to stop whining

Congrats on being "that guy" you fucking sperglord
>>
If it's on the menu, order that shit.

If they don't make burgers and you order one you're an idiot.
>>
Nothing wrong with ordering it, but they're often just added on the menu as an afterthought. Don't expect a god-tier burger from a place that clearly isn't aiming for it.
>>
>>7761914
For a long time ordering the burger was what I did when I found myself in a place where I figured the menu was more ambitious than the ability of the kitchen.

But over the last decade serious chefs have been paying attention to their burgers, being fussy about the blend and provenance of the meat. The result has been some fantastic burgers at places actually geared to fine dining. Some of this has trickled down to more casual spots. Making a good burger is becoming a priority, instead of just having it on the menu for the fussy/unimaginative eaters.
>>
>>7761914
>degenerate
No. Degeneracy is watching another man fuck your wife. All you are doing is:
a) making yourself look picky and unadventurous
b) wasting an opportunity to enjoy a chef's specialty
c) at a shitty restaurant in the first place
I have nothing against long menus but my Chinese buffet down the road serves mashed potatoes and gravy, pizza, and jello. The chinese food is alright but why would you go there and eat gravy?
>>
>>7762102
You're making it sound like I have issues with eating things from different cultures. If there is nothing on a thai/viet/jap/kor/ita/greek/etc etc menu that fancies you and you have to resort to ordering your burger with a side of fries and mac and cheese, maybe it's time to grow up.
>>
>>7762272
>actual adult with literal kids arguing with picky children on a cambodian throat singing forum
>>
Funny enough there's a divey Mexican joint I went to growing up--and still eat at rarely--which has some really good burgers. It's not that they're made any special way or have some kind of special ingredient, it's just a good dive burger. Greasy buns, juicy burger, super tasty. I'd take this place over a burger joint like Carl's Jr. for certain. Maybe not over in-n-out, but still over fat burger.
>>
There's a Mexican restaurant by me that does a pretty good burger with guacamole, and also their ribs are surprisingly delicious as well. I usually get the enchiladas and tamales and etc but sometimes I get a craving for their burger.
>>
>>7762271
Are you seriously trying to pretend people go to buffets to sample the fine cuisine and "house specials" roasting under heat lamps for 3 hours?

You know why people go to buffets and eat gravy? Because it's a cocksucking buffet, genius.
>>
>>7762281

Him being over 16 doesn't make you right anon, because you're not
>>
>>7762326
It's just an example from where I am, as I'm not aware of any restaurant that offers multiple cuisines
>>
>>7762356
im not even in this fight, I'm just an onlooker saying that this thread was started by a picky bitch who isnt old enough to have grown out of that so it is pointless to argue
>>
>>7761914
That's dude right?
>>
>>7762367
If he wants to eat a burger and it's on the fucking menu, who gives a shit?

You guys seem to think it's childish to order a burger at any place that doesn't specifically build their whole menu around burgers, micromanaging what people like and want to eat. This seems far more childish to me than just some guy eating a burger.

The too-old-to-be-here guy who has kids is just transplating his ire about how his kids don't want thai curry onto OP.

Doing what you want is far more mature than crying in a corner because someone did something you didn't like.
>>
File: 1358713626127.jpg (49 KB, 461x477) Image search: [Google]
1358713626127.jpg
49 KB, 461x477
>>7761914
No, what's degenerate is taking a tranny out on date.
>>
>>7762423
What if she's cute and sucks good dick?
>>
>>7762426
Netflix and chill.
>>
>>7761914
Actually if they will make real meat, cheese, vegetables and a relatively freshly baked bun, etc...
Then, that is the only place you should eat burgers at. Because that burger would be actual food.
Remember, kids, most (99,9999999999999999999999999999999999999%) Fast Food is trash.
>>
>>7763035
>most (99,9999999999999999999999999999999999999%) Fast Food is trash.

based on that number you must be talking about Arby's by market share?
>>
>>7761914
I work at a fairly nice restaurant and we have a killer $16 burger. It is not the classiest thing to order but it is pretty damn good. We know people like burgers and sandwiches so it stays on the menu because it is great and brings in clientele.

I have legitimately had a guest drink a $140/bottle merlot and eat a burger. Check average was still tits.
>>
>>7761932
>Why go to a Mexican restaurant to eat a burger
Not him, but I know why. Sometimes your group of friends or family or whatever insists on going to the local Mexican place. You've been there before a few times and know that it's shit, but nobody listens to you and you're completely outvoted. You go, order a burger, then watch as everyone else pisses and moans about their hot plates of garbage while you munch on a decent burger, the only thing that wasn't premade days ago and reheated in an oven.
I swear my dad doesn't even like Mexican food, he just likes getting angry at waitresses.
>>
>>7763210
That burger is probably as reheated or frozen as the rest of the food, come on.
>>
>>7763388
No, it's not. Even if it was it still tastes better. It's just some shitty salty-ass Mexican food at a greasy spoon. You get more bang for your buck getting a burger anyways.
>>
>>7761914
Thats a transexual, r-right?
I'm insecure about my sexuality, thats all.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.