[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An an Amerifat how can I deal with feeling hungry all the time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Grill Safety 1600x900.jpg (148 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Grill Safety 1600x900.jpg
148 KB, 1600x900
An an Amerifat how can I deal with feeling hungry all the time. I drink a lot of water but it doesn't solve the issue. I also eat veggies with every meal but they don't fill me up.
Does anyone have any advice?
>>
File: 0007701325948_A.jpg (54 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
0007701325948_A.jpg
54 KB, 380x380
water is pointless to drink and vegetables will never make you feel full no matter how many you consume

eat some real food
>>
>>7753832
Eat more complex carbs to feel fuller longer, oats are a good example.
>>
I remember hearing that when you feel hungry it's because your stomach is contracting (also the source of the "groans" your stomach makes when you're hungry) so maybe your stomach is just stretched the fuck out to the point that you're constantly hungry every time it tries to contract to a normal size.

Try portion control. Eat, but don't eat so much. Exhibit some will power.

You might also want to try never having a formal meal but instead snacking on stuff throughout the day. A lot of people claim this works, but for me it always seemed a bad suggestion because I rather than just planning meals, I have to plan tiny little shits throughout the day--seemed annoying and a bad idea.
>>
>>7753832
Metamucil is supposedly an appetite suppressant.
>>
>>7753841
Whole grain, low GI carbohydrates with fiber and shit slows down the digestion of the energies. Blood sugar doesn't spike, then crash so much, hunger is more leveled. Refined "complex" carbs like white flour and simple carbs(or sugary shit) makes you hungry again every few hours.

Proteins and fats are very satiating, and great for you on their own, barring people with genetically high cholesterol issues. However refined carbs + fats makes culinary crack cocaine. This is the magical fattening but keeps you still hungry combo.

>>7753832
Keto is fucking amazing for this if you can get into it. It's not for everyone though.

>>7753857
Yes, it's the fiber. It slows down the carb breakdown and insulin cycle. I think it's better to make better food choices in general than to cover for a junky diet with fiber supplements. Whatever though. People eat what they want.
>>
>>7753832
I know this sounds like fucking crazy talk but I think eating wheat can make you feel hungry .
>>
Stop eating or drinking so much sugar.
Fructose suppresses your ability to feel satiated.
>>
>>7754341 <--- Yes.
1. Oats are your friend.
2. Learn to chew slower. Lots slower. You will actually taste more food this way.
3. Learn to love the Rumbles.
Children usually equate hunger with being unloved and neglected.
Don't be a child. Be hungry like the wolf.
>>
What poeple are saying about fiber is true. Much of our processed food has very little fiber. Many of our popular veggies are the less fiber heavy ones.

When I decided to lose weight I ate a lot less in the way of calorie dense foods like meat and cheese, and radically upped my intake of fiber heavy foods like oatmeal, brown rice, wholegrain bread, cooked greens (kale, collards, chard, cabbage), beans and the like. And as little sugar as possible.

That, along with lifting allowed me to drop 60lbs over a year and a half, and I've kept it off for six years. Basically you fill up on fiber, and that holds you over until the next meal. And you generally avoid eating calorie dense low fiber meals.
>>
>>7753832
eat frequent smaller meals or get your leptin tested
>>
>>7753832
>An an Amerifat how can I deal with feeling hungry all the time.

Abstain from fat. Don't snack. Eat 2 big high carb and high fiber meals a day. beans, potatoes, and bread are all filling. I love veggie bean chili with bread.
>>
High protein bars will help curb the craving. Just have one with a small salad and watch the pounds melt.
Speaking of salad, eat a lot of it. It expands in the stomach making you feel full even though you didn't eat that much.
You're already doing good by drinking a lot of water, dehydration will make you feel hungry so keeping hydrated is good.
>>
>>7755253
oh and one more thing. Cook your own food. That way you know exactly how much you are eating and can adjust the amount you eat based on how you feel.
>>
>drinking water

Don't drink lots of water. Eat hot soupy foods instead. Eat lentil soup, bean chili, stuff like that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.