[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nandos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 4_1456926668_3175.png (99 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
4_1456926668_3175.png
99 KB, 2000x2000
Why is it so popular? What went right?
>>
it's so cheeky lad
>>
>>7706524
Decent quality food, agreeable to everyone using cheap ingredients.

A whole chicken (24hr marinated) 1 large or 2 regular sides and 2 bottomless drinks for £20.

Pretty good deal.
>>
>>7706524
It really depends what you get for how good it will be.

The things like the burgers and wraps are just that, burgers and wraps. You can get something like that anywhere, it's not very stand out. What you want to get is the just the straight up grilled piri piri chicken, a half chicken is usually enough for one person.

I usually go with my spouse and we'll get the whole platter to share with piri piri chips and corn on the cob. We used to get the luso beans and ratatouille as sides but they seem to have stopped doing them which is disappointing since the luso beans were the best side.

Also the cara viva wine is really nice, I'm not usually a wine person and can't drink much but that wine is one I can drink pretty easily.
>>
Its the branding branding and branding plus a clever recipe of chillis, garlic and spices. Also the menu is reasonably simple apealing greatly to fat lazy people that just want substance
>>
>>7706524>>7706524

>Black rooster
>Heart

Oi they love the black cock ye?
>>
I have a friend who travels to dozens of countries every year, and the two restaurants he constantly raves about are Nando's and KFC (only outside the U.S.). I guess he really loves greasy chicken.
>>
>>7706524
> Cheap
All chicken. Only a few options on the menu.

> Manners not required
Eat it when it arrives, use your fingers, whatever.

> Pay for your own shit
No maths involved! No bill splitting!

> You can steal drinks
Water cup please, mate. Lol, totally filling it with fanta, fuck you mate.

Basically, it's for chavs and stupid people. The chicken's fucking bland because the spice overpowers everything and nukes your tastebuds, the chips are awful and expensive, and it's full of loud people.

I'll take a proper restaurant any day. Fuck nandos.
>>
>>7707187
/Pol/ was right it's a Jewish conspiracy
>>
Had it quite a bit when I lived in the UK. I don't know, it was not bad but nothing special, somewhat disappointing considering how hyped it was. Better than the fast food everywhere you see here, I suppose.
>>
>>7707221
nandos is not that greasy
>>
File: not cheeky enough.png (231 KB, 484x353) Image search: [Google]
not cheeky enough.png
231 KB, 484x353
>>7706524
>>
>>7707495

>it's bland because it tastes too strong

not to mention how fucking mild literally ALL the sauces at nandos are. i'm not even an edgy faggot and i get that black forbidding shit every time because it has a lot of flavour and is only just approaching spicy.

>>7706794

i mean, fat people might like nandos, but it's hardly a calorie bomb compared to lots of other fast food options. the simplicity and cheapness mostly makes it easy for families, large groups, teenagers on tentative dates, students and the like. but nandos is probably not anywhere near approaching a malevolent force fuelling the obesity epidemic. grilled chicken, coleslaw, corn on the cob.
>>
>>7707495
using your hands to eat poultry is not bad etiquette
>>
>>7706524
its cheeky
>>
>>7706524
Some of their ads are funny
https://youtu.be/FhZFcHs-EZk
>I remember when this played on TV
>>
>>7707594
>it's hardly a calorie bomb compared to lots of other fast food options

That really depends on what you go for:

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/entertainment/news/a40845/nandos-less-healthy-kfc/

I'm guessing most people don't go for a simple side salad over chips, and most people probably take the bottomless fizzy drinks.
>>
Sauce is breddy good, chicken is moist, prices are OK, eat with your hands.
>>
File: wut.png (434 KB, 610x358) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
434 KB, 610x358
>>7707735
I just watched the first episode of the show they reference and what the fuck is going on with that guy's face
>>
>>7707773
WHAT THE FUCK MAN
>>
File: tumblr_l2fdfzoCuu1qafyge.jpg (143 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l2fdfzoCuu1qafyge.jpg
143 KB, 500x497
>>7707773
why you gotta be so mean m8?
>>
>>7707778
he has neurofibromatosis (type 1 i think) it makes mostly benign tumors grow on your nervous system
>>
>>7707735

until they clarify what 'portion size' means i'm skeptical that their chips are much worse calorie wise. also how the caloric information was calculated.
>>
>>7708990
I assume it's not per 100g. As far as I can remember, Nandos doesn't offer sizes for its chips, so you'd compare KFC's regular ones to theirs.
>>
>>7706555
/thread
>>
>>7706524
fucking expensive as shit

get sardis instead m8
>>
>>7709907
Not a fair comparison then. Getting more for your money doesn't make it less healthy, since nothing is stopping you from sharing the fries and getting corn or something for your other side.
>>
I have a bottle of their medium sauce at home, and it's loads hotter than even the one in the black jar at the restaurant. Why is this?
>>
>>7706524
Never heard of it.

>Detroit
>>
>>7710354
Aging
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.