Got a pizza stone for Christmas and I wanna break it in, Someone give me tips on making a good pizza dough pls.
Enjoy your cancer, faggot.
when making anything where flour is the base, don't skimp when buying groceries. Go ahead and pay the extra $1.96 for king authors flour instead of store brand. It makes a taste-able difference.
Nothing fancy today (I didn't take pics while making Xmas dinner because I enjoy actually talking to my family)
But I figured a basic stock recipe might be interesting.
So this week's cook-along is a lamb bone stock. The same general recipe will work great with turkey or chicken carcasses as well.
>I enjoy actually talking to my family
2 lbs of lamb bones (here : shoulder)
16 cups of water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2-3 sticks of celery
* any other vegetables you have that are starting to die in your fridge can be used here. I had some left over parsnips that made it in.
peppercorns (about a tea spoon)
salt to taste
*any herbs you want to use. I had some parsley and watercress. They tend to make the stock cloudy but I don't care.
Looking for some good books on bread. Any suggestions?
dub(read)s are ionly thing tio save this post
Quick /ck/, I have a very important question
Which Haribo mix is the best?
PIZZA IN THE MORNING
PIZZA IN THE EVENING
PIZZA AT SUPPER TIME
WHEN PIZZAS ON A BAGEL
YOU CAN EAT PIZZA ANYTIME
Got these plantains from a neighbor, how would /ck cook them?
Since they're yellow still, treat them like potatoes.
Peel them. It works better if you score them with a knife and use a spoon to pry the skin off.
Cut into 2 inch slices.
Deep fry them for about 4 minutes.
Take them out and soak in heavily salted water for about 1-2 minutes.
Dry them well.
Smash them flat into about 1/2 inch thickness.
Fry until golden brown.
Congratulations you've made tostones.
Why does food taste better with characters? I remember these were pretty cool
What are the meme foods and why are they offensive to you /ck/ anons?
>I have some chicken breasts dethawing on the counter
Why do Americans hate dark meat?
>something something bbc/cuckoldry joke
Now that that's out of the way, please explain to me why you people hate what is objectively the tastiest part of a chicken or turkey.
i'm american, and i know a lot of americans who like dark meat. i would say 80% of all americans i know like dark meat. the other 20% are squeamish and don't like dealing with bits of fat, bone, or gristle, or just haven't had dark meat prepared properly.
though the ones who say they don't like dark meat would gladly eat it in a sausage, or if it was shredded and covered with a sauce they liked.
it probably also has to do with the whole "dark meat is bad for you" thing that...
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
What is the difference between "Roast Potatoes" and "Fried Potatoes"
Received a Calphalon stainless steel set for Christmas. How do I properly care for these so they don't look like shit after a few months?
Nake sure to let it cool completely before washing. Do not use steel wool. At most, use the abrasive side of the sponge. If there is some really stuck-on stuff pour in some water to fill the pot to about 1/3, then relentlessly boil while scraping the stuff with a nonmetallic utensil. Use Bar Keeper's Friend when you want to restore shine.
Never use metal cooking utensils in any of them. If anyone approaches your cookware with metal utensils, stab them with a knife, and explain that if you'd used a wooden spoon on them, it wouldn't have left a mark.
Christmas dinner ready. Post your's
one xmas like 15 years ago or so, we are getting ready loading the dishes we made into the car to take to grangmas. My mom makes good pies and she is handicap, so Im like let me put these pies in the car, trip over door step, both pies are kill, xmas ruined, I still hear about it every family get together until this day
what wiener brand is best?
What do you guys even use them for, if anything? Juts hot dogs?