[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convention story thread. Talk about weird/fun shit that happened.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1449537741477.gif (693 KB, 339x279) Image search: [Google]
1449537741477.gif
693 KB, 339x279
Convention story thread. Talk about weird/fun shit that happened. We all have one.
>>
>at room party
>go to the bar
>touched a girl's hand

Yeah, shit was pretty cash money.
>>
Last year at anime expo me and some friends were hanging out in front of the convention center and there was traffic backed up. So there were a group of black dudes in a car and had no idea what was going on. They see a sluty sailor moon as nd start yelling "ayyyy yo is that sailor moon?" "Ayyy biych come over here".

It was genuinely funny to see people who have no idea what is going on.
>>
>cosplay shippuden hinata back in 2010
>go to gathering
>only shippuden hinata to go off site and hang out with about 20 other people for more photos
>end it with playing ninja and another group photo of the ones hanging at the park
>one person suggested grabbing boobs
>i laughed and said okay
>it escalated into everyone in the group putting their hands over the other chicks hands, so it was a photo of all these different characters grabbing my tits

It was actually one of the most fun gathering I have ever been too. I said fine because it was a girl who grabbed them, but I wasn't expecting so many people to jump on that be like, "ME TOO!" I wish I had my computer from 3 computers ago because that was the only one with the images from that gathering on it. ]:
>>
File: lost it.gif (497 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
lost it.gif
497 KB, 350x263
>>9002961
noice.
>>
>go to our first out of state con
>we are very friendly people and have won awards for our cosplays
>will give just about anyone the time of day, often have lots of people talk to us in food courts
>one guy, large, sheet ghost tear cosplay with a gengar hat sits
>he seems ok. Asks questions for a while
>ready to start moving, tell him it's been fun, goodbye
>hhe gets up too. Starts to walk in same direction
>tthen same areas. Same panels. Same photoshoots. He's now following us as if he's with us
>we let him know we got stuff to do, 2nd goodbye.
>wwe lose him in the crowd, but we keep seeing his gengar hat in the crowd, like a shark fin following us
>we see him a 3 more cons, he always knows it's us
>after he started posting yandere lol shit on our cosplay pages, I kindly told him to fuck off

From ththen on we coined the term "catching a gengar". You know those guys at each con that go alone and latch onto any interaction they can? That's a gengar. It's an unwanted possession
>>
>>9005272
The jaws theme was strongly playing in my mind.

I've had a few of these, but none as creepy. Usually mine have been understanding and polite, just a bit lonely.
>>
>Cosplaying Enjolras, first cosplay in a long time
>Find Karaoke room
>Gasp when they have nearly no Les Mis songs
>"Well, we have the south park songs, how about La Resistance?"
>Is this beneath my diginity?
>Ponder
>Realize self wearing crappy wig
>Realize self dolled up as obscure character that's not widely recognizable
>What dignity.exe
>Rush in with confident steps
>Write name on karaoke room whiteboard
>No actual name needed, as long as it's something recognizeable. It will be called out and then you have to come forward if it's what you wrote
>MC calls for "The Revolution"
>"Yes, you called?"
>Sing La Resistance
>Get crowd cheering
>Keep returning with ridiculous monikers
>Sing more revolution-y epic songs and get more applause
>Work up courage to sing "One Day More" with friend as grill vocals
>More applause
>Return one last time, this time having written "Who's there" on the whiteboard, which gets called out
>Answer confidently "The French Revolution! Are you guys tired of me yet lol"
>Had wonderful time
>Seriously one of the best times ever had at convention.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.