[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FanimeCon 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
T minus 30 days 'til Con.
What are your plans?
What are you cosplaying?
What are you looking forward to?
What are you dreading?
>>
File: 1430680086331.jpg (90 KB, 847x944) Image search: [Google]
1430680086331.jpg
90 KB, 847x944
First time going. Are badges typically worth the $70?
>>
>>8981684
No. Just like every convention, if you wait too long and purchase a month before the convention, the ticket price is higher.

>>8981668
>What are your plans?
Bringing two new people to the convention! Both have been dying to go to a convention, but none of their friends are interested, so I told them to come along with me! We are staying 20 minutes away right down the 101. Easy mode and free stay since its at a relatives. I even got my coworker who is a girl to cosplay with me. We are going as Nana and Hachi from 'Nana' and my other friend will just be walking around in normal clothes. This is her first time cosplaying and my first group cosplay! I'm so psyched!

>What are you cosplaying?
Hachi from 'Nana'
Merida from 'Brave'
Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast' [Maybe]

>What are you looking forward to?
EVERYTHING! I have been going for 9 years and I love this convention so much. Every year I spend more time doing one thing over another, so that I can then switch back to the other thing the following year. Like for the past two years I have ignored ballroom lessons and this year I plan to spend more time in there and going to the Black and White Ball with friends instead of lazying around the video rooms.

>What are you dreading?
Uh.. I guess dealer hall line? I just go in late in the afternoon anyways, so its never been a big problem except for the final day when everyone wants one last look inside. Also taking turns on the ParaPara Paradise game. Ugh. Its the same people every time. That old sweaty dude is always playing it and never gets off.
>>
>>8981684
Depends on what you're trying to do but for me, not really. Even going as press it's still kind of meh for the things you need a badge for. I cover events but only because I have to earn the badge back.

>>8981708
Dealer's hall line only sucks on the first day because it's like the only thing for a lot of people to do that day. I'm not sure why people wait in line for it because it's not any more unique than another convention dealer hall and you can get most of the stuff online for cheaper
>>
>>8981668
>What are your plans?
Idk, first con!

Terra

Hangin' about with weebfriends

>What are you dreading?
My friend bailing on me
>>
Might get some Blue Label.
>>
>>8981735
Fancy
>>
File: 1454482918604.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454482918604.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
Are room parties kill this year?
>>
>>8981745
Depends on the hotel apparently. Does anyone have any experience partying at the Marriott?

>>8981735
Sup.
>>
AA
Applied for a lolita fashion show, hoping to be picked as a model
Getting crunk all the nights
>>
>>8981760
Someone posted last thread that Marriott is going to do zero tolerance if they get a call on you. Solution: don't party in your room. Lobbycon 2016 lives on
>>
Hey so I've never done this before but I would like to hang out and possibly imbibe with cool people such as yourselves, how do I get in on this action without being that guy?
>>
>>8981789
Too late, you're already that guy
>>
File: 1461433261875.jpg (28 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1461433261875.jpg
28 KB, 600x450
>>8981792
I'll g-guess I'll go to a bar or something
>>
So wtf is up with 'DJAWS' or Izanami Kurayami?
That transgirl who is bitching constantly about needing a couch to crash on.
>>
>>8981789
b urself. :^)
>>
>>8981789
Just wait for the con, info about meeting people will be posted then.
>>
>>8981812
Started randomly adding people on Facebook including me. I was like, who the fuck is this? And then I started reading her posts and it just got weird. Like I'm trying to give the benefit of a doubt and not assume trans people are automatically crazy and that didn't help at all
>>
>>8981907
Like with most groups there's always a few who ruin it for everyone.
>>
I have no friend. Can someone be my friend?
>>
>>8982068
>be my friend?
https://youtu.be/ylBlOSAbIy4
>>
File: 1421875429257.jpg (65 KB, 737x626) Image search: [Google]
1421875429257.jpg
65 KB, 737x626
>>8981907
looking at this profile i wouldn't say being trans is their defining trait

being a creepy weeb is
>>
>>8981907
I would just report her. It's an account for a fictional character anyways. Boot her weeb ass off.

Her music is shit as well, and then on soundcloud she goes and trashes on people.

Dumb beeeetch.
>>
>>8982092
WHO!?
>>
>>8982222
Look up 'DJAWS'
iziyami on fb
>>
>>8982239
Looks like they never grew out of their weeb stage. It's evolved to autistic weeb now.
>>
>What are your plans?
Masquerade, visiting AA, crying over Matsukaze Masaya since I love Kaikan Phrase and Megaranger, Da-Ice concert, visiting NorCal friends, cosplaying with my friends, visiting some SJ locations, the Great Mall shopping spree, H-panels.

Asuna from SAO: Hollow Fragment, Sophie Hatter from Howl's Moving Castle, Chiyo Sakura from Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun, Houshakouji Renge from Ouran Host Club, and I brought Utena for a location shoot.

Fanime's pretty chill of a con, good turnout of cosplayers, I'm happy with the guest personally, and I love the SJ weather/vibe.

>What are you dreading?
Hopefully no weird linecon issues/badge checks. Masquerade signups aren't up yet so I'm hoping they won't be placed up last minute, or any issues from that.

Overall, despite issues here and there, Fanime's always been a solid con for me. Friends and I do the trip yearly and save up for it, so either way it turns out pretty fun.
>>
I'm in a weird situation. As much as I like Anime and such I started going to conventions to play Card games competitively (Won a psp at fanime and a Wii at AX when they were current)

Anyway, game is dead now and I haven't actually done anything at Fanime aside from stay in the game room 90% of the time. What do?
>>
>What are your plans?
Probably cosplay, lots of pics with friends and chill, meet up with friends, pretend I don't have finals. Possibly masquerade. The usual dealer's hall and artist alley. Purikura??

Nekopara duo, Mogyutto, possibly Yuudachi from Kancolle.

Meeting with friends. Hanging out with friends. Catching up, cosplaying.

>What are you dreading?
I /REALLY/ need to start finding a ride up there. I've been offered single spots from friends but I'm going w someone who's her first time so I really would rather find 2 spots and go with her ):. Might have to look into rideshare or some shit at this stage.
>>
>>8982480
Not related to you since you're going up but I swear I can never find people going down to AX and then I have to get randoms on Craigslist. Then again randoms pay the going price of $40 no question.
>>
>>8982480
Where are you located?
>>
>>8982562
How has that work out for you? Any crazy story yet or do you vet them beforehand?

>>8982631
LA area! UCLA specifically
>>
>>8982652
It's been just fine over the last few years of doing it. Meet all sorts of interesting people. I'd just rather have people going to the con to weeb out with during the six plus hours though. That and you don't have to drive to areas far out of the way.
>>
Do fanime passes sell out?
>>
>>8981745
Last thread staffer said Marriott was instant eviction. Not sure about the rest. But yeah the lobbycon from old ALA has pasted over and now everyone just parties and drinks in the main con entrance. Just don't try to blast music- a guy last year brought a boombox and security told him he had to turn it off.

>>8981789
We can smell you.
But /cgl has meetups normally at the structure outside around 9-10ish every night

>>8982864
Not since I've been going (2010)

>My expectations
MY FUCKING BOYFRIEND ISN'T COMING THIS YEAR FUCK YES
I love him very much, etc, but he's a party pooper at cons and never wants to do anything and he finally gave up on trying to make them fun for himself. I can actually stay for the /cgl meetups now god yes I'm excited to actually talk to people on here.
Also, sidenote, I spoke with a lot of friends of mine about what their plans were for Fanime this year and a good majority of them aren't cosplaying on a strict schedule anymore, including myself. Just curious to see if anyone else related to CA cosplay community has noticed this as well.
>>
>>8981760
I went to a party at the Marriott last year and it got shut down really fast because we were being too loud. I'm guessing this year it'll be worse.
>>
>What are your plans?
general con plans? i'm gonna be glued to a friend who is local (i'm not from the area) and trying to make sure he has a good time as it's his first con

Aoba (Dmmd), Vampire Kyun Miki (idolm@ster), Warp (Kaiba) and Ringabel (Bravely Default) will likely be my lineup

Honestly seeing my friend almost more then the con, though the events i always enjoy like the masquerade and such will hopefully be fun.

>What are you dreading?
the drive up slightly? (its like 4-5 hours from me) the drive BACK more so as it'll be after a tired weeked and such.
>>
>>8982562
Why do you keep suggesting craigslist in these threads. Just go on the fucking Fanime forums or their Facebook Page. Looking on craigslist is like asking to be raped or murdered. Could just be someone who says they attended, but really they are someone who just wants some cheap ass to kill.
>>
>>8983489
As much as you'd like to think Craigslist rideshare is full of murderers it isn't.
>>
I'm really excited for the arcade. Thats what I love the most about fanime. May seem silly, but I can't get enough of the competitive gaming in there as well as some of the games my arcade doesn't have in town like ParaPara Paradise and those touch screen song games. No idea what they are called.
>>
>>8983018
Personally, having a scheduled cosplay has becoming tiring. I think its only worth it if you really have meetups and group cosplays. Or you are someone popular enough to bother.
>>
>>8981770
Also hoping to model for the fashion show. Otherwise I'm sure just watching would be interesting.

I'm bringing my boyfriend who's never been to a con so hopefully he'll actually have fun.
>>
>tfw your diet for the next 30 days will make the difference between your cosplay looking good or looking like shit
>>
File: 1433315621267.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433315621267.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
I want to see an Otako, Galko, and Ojou group cosplay.
>>
File: mmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.jpg (4 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.jpg
4 KB, 266x189
>tfw AA only just signed contracts, still haven't been able to pay for the con or pick table placement

But at least I know I'm in for this year right
>>
File: cirno.jpg (64 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
cirno.jpg
64 KB, 720x960
Any ideas how to make some cirno wings?

Waiting on my wig, but I'll be Kamina most days just Cirno one afternoon(depending on weather how hot it is). Kamina cosplay should get here before the con but only by a day or two so if it is delayed I'll just be space dandy
>>
>>8983708
Anyone have idea on wings? Not really sure how to go about them, I was thinking bending some coat hangers and putting those shitty christmas icicles on them
>>
>>8983708
Were you ALA Space Dandy? You guys going to Fanime?
>>
>>8983708
The need to be carried by you dressed as Wriggle....it's strong....
Cirnos wig has nothing to it. The wings for ultimate laziness can probably be made easy with Styrofoam and some paint and gloss spray to look all shiny. Get some LEDS and you've got glow.
I help my touhou crossplayers out alot
>>
>>8983720
Yup, I was space dandy we are all going to Fanime some posts about it all should be about 2 weeks before the con about the whole thing but should be basically like ALA. Hopefully a bit more organized though.
>>
>>8983723
That's a lot! I think I am going to go with a metal coat hanger superglue some bluish ice cystal christmas things on it. Hope to see you at the con!
>>
>>8983709
Pepakura would look good since the crystals are polygonal. Here's a page with a pepakura pattern for Cirno in PDF format, get the pattern for the wing pieces enlarged and trace them onto to posterboard: http://pontarocene.web.fc2.com/gallery/cirno/cirno.html
If you mist them with various shades of pale blue and silver spray paint they should look nice and icey.
>>
>>8983732
That's I'll look into both yours and Rahze suggestions after the coat hanger idea. I'll post results and get some feedback(realized after posting there is a 2huo thread)
>>
>>8981684
Yes it is, even for a first time. Lots to do, good vibe and food nearby. Lots of folks consider this the con to bring out your best cosplay IIRC, though that was and dew years ago so maybe it shines wise where now.
>>
>>8983725
Right on dude, you and 8ball were total bros at ALA. Looking forward to seeing you again come Fanime.
>>
>>8983725
Which hotel?
>>
>>8983917
Uhh I forgot where we specified but 9ball and the rest of us will start posting about details about 2 weeks before the con IIRC.
>>
I just found out that a friend has space in one of the shuttle hotels, so I might be going after all.

No particular plans, maybe I'll be able to throw something together though.
>>
File: hue.jpg (68 KB, 591x623) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
68 KB, 591x623
>>
How difficult will it be to ghost this con considering badges are required to go upstairs
>>
>>8984944
Depends on how many volunteers they have checking. They have always had people at the dealers hall/arcade/panel rooms etc so if you managed to get past the old badge checking you can get past the new ones too. If you just want to hang out then stick to downstairs and outside
>>
>>8984944
Same ghosting cuck from all the other threads. I hope they catch you and get banned.
>>
Sky Williams has been announced as a guest. He has always been an attendee, but I'm really happy to see he is a guest this year! I hope he gets to oversee the league tournament and stuff! My group plans to enter again this year!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_muzyf1Vx4q1rbuzn0.gif (322 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_muzyf1Vx4q1rbuzn0.gif
322 KB, 500x279
>What are your plans?
Staffing, mostly. Hoping to help out at the Shonen Jump panel, but I haven't even asked yet, haha.

Prison Alba (Senyu.), Kitaro (Gegege no Kitaro), Kokonotsu (Dagashi Kashi), Jyushimatsu (Osomatsu-san), and maybe Sugawara (Haikyu)

Shonen Jump panel, cosplaying in general, seeing college friends

>What are you dreading?
Staffing late shift. I'm not good at staying up late.
>>
File: dandu.jpg (50 KB, 655x751) Image search: [Google]
dandu.jpg
50 KB, 655x751
>>8984944
If you can't spend the 60-75 dollars or whatever to buy the ticket for a con you knew well in advance about; that is not very dandy.

Yeah, you're probably not going to go to EVERY event, no you probably won't get to do everything you imagine at panels, and see everything you want. I get people pay a lot to come to this con with travel+hotel fee's, but honestly a lot of facebook posts generally have people asking for a guest to stay with them for cheaper. However, realize this con is only possible with people buying badges, I think this con is like 65 bucks if you pre-order? That's about 20 bucks a day for some stuff you'll probably not get till your next con.

Honestly if you are staying near the con, the tickets in are probably the cheapest part of your trip. I buy a badge even though I never go to a panel, just the vendor hall and rarely ever buy anything; but still realize if I didn't buy a ticket the con suffers in general.
>>
>>8984975
I'm glad to see somebody else make this point, as I've been in this argument before. I go to a lot of cons that I could totally ghost if I wanted to, but the con wouldn't be there if it weren't selling badges, so I buy one even if I pretty much never use it.
>>
I don't understand why Sky is a guest for Fanime. He's prominent in the League community, but I want to see anime and Japanese media related guests, not Youtubers who meme a lot.

Is anyone else irked?
>>
>>8985005

I agree completely, Otakon and (where I am from Nekocon) that drove ticket prices up way to much too fast.

To me I look at it as if I spent the price per day doing anything else, and the fun I have at cons and the people I meet make it worth it. I drove from Phoenix to ALA, and doing the drive to Phoenix to ALA and AX(picking up friends n stuff). Is it some money? Yeah, but to me the time I get to spend with people and experience the fun and events I wouldn't have, make it worth it to me, and I am by no means "rich". To me this is a few times I get a nice little vacation I can go do a lot of things I would never normally do. However, there a lot of people who put time, money, and effort into making this thing happen.

At ALA I didn't buy or go to any event but I bought a ticket because I felt I would and did have a good time and would like to return. I think a lot of people don't grasp the amount of effort that goes into a con to organize it, VA's, Dj's, artists, and staff ain't doing it for free.
>>
>>8985028
Shit meant to say "buy anything at the vendor hall" sorry had a few cups of dandy juice tonight.
>>
File: 1410461094689.jpg (33 KB, 533x355) Image search: [Google]
1410461094689.jpg
33 KB, 533x355
>>8984940
I feel like i've seen that guy.

fucking nuts dude.
>>
>>8985101
Yeah my friends definitely recognized him and taken pics with him. Kinda glad no one's talking about it here.
>>
anyone have experience with the swap meet? I will want to sell off a bunch of my figures I won in Japan UFO catcher and all brand lolita stuff. I just don't know what to price at.
anyone know what kind of prices are at swap meet?
>>
>>8985008
I feel like if they should pick anyone well-known from LoL they should've asked some of the pros to become a guest. I know WildTurtle and some of the Cloud9 team members have come as attendees, too.

I understand how you're feeling, though. It seems like Fanime and many other NorCal conventions have been drifting away from the anime and Japanese culture part of it, but I guess at the end of the day it's all about being a fan of something you love and letting your inner nerd come out, whether that's comics/anime/video games/TV shows.
>>
>>8985232
Someone post that Anime California poster that has no anime and 75% LOL stuff
>>
>>8985220
you can set whatever price you want at the swap meet. whether or not someone will buy it is another question. basically imagine a big ass room with people laying all their wares out on blankets and stuff and then a bunch of other people walk laps around the room looking at everyone's stuff. some of the prices are okay. some are a dollar for random old magazines or other junk. if your items are hard to get then maybe you can ask for more but it's a garage sale.

remember, these are anime kids you're selling to. a lot of them could barely scrap together a ride to the con and hotel they're sharing with a half dozen other people.
>>
>>8981668
>What are your plans?
Previous years I'd mostly just float around but I actually have friends to hang and cosplay with this time, so other than my usual swap meet/AA/DH browsing, music-fest concert, and the few panels here an there, I'll actually have a few scheduled shoots this time. I'll probably also go to the Cafe V event if they have one (which they usually do) if it's on the day I'm thinking it is.

Hina Kagiyama from Touhou, Madoka with a group, Kaden from Fire Emblem: Fates, Ennoshita from Haikyuu with a huge group, possibly an OC, and Ichimatsu from Osomatsu-san

This is my first time cosplaying in a group at a larger con so I'm pretty excite. Generally just cosplay and hanging out with good friends.

>What are you dreading?
I AM NOT 100% DONE WITH A SINGLE OF MY COSPLAYS (except for Ichimatsu but that almost doesn't count) god help me.
>>
>>8985292
>Hina
I have to find you to get a picture now whoaaaa. Going to the meetup?? What day are you doing Hina?
>>
>>8985793
I'll be going to the Touhou meetup on Saturday. I'll only be wearing her for half the day though, changing into another cos probably soon after the meetup.
>>
>All these Toubros going...
I wasn't going to wear Touhou because I did Mokou last year and Touhouvania Ran at Norcal Gathering, but fuck I'm inspired to get my SJ Wriggle happening now. I remember the Norcal Touhou community was really weak and the LA community was where you went for Touhou, but it seems to be growing quite nicely.
>>
>>8986004
Bring it, let me know the day and I'll cirno it if it doesn't overlap the party me and some DJ's are throwing
>>
File: tumblr_mnptowereb1qhzz9ho1_500.jpg (21 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnptowereb1qhzz9ho1_500.jpg
21 KB, 500x354
>>8986248
She's actually a confortable cosplay, so I'll probably wear her all day and during party time; I have some LED wings I do for her that work well with the night too so whenever Beanie schedules the gathering I'll wear em.
>>
>>8986314
>>8986004

Damn hoping to see those LED wings! The NorCal Touhou Comm used to be a lot bigger, I remember a few years ago we peaked at 50+ but it's waned to about ~20.
>>
>>8986004
Oh I just realized I saw you at the Norcal gathering! I was gunna compliment your cos (I was Wakasagihime) but you were somewhat too far away and I eventually forgot oops.
>>
>>8986580
Oh damn! I wish I could've seen! I plan on cosplaying Waka in the future with my Kagerou buddy so I really would've appreciated those weird ass layers with the kimono thing and then that mermaid tail. That's a really nice place for her to shoot now that I think about it.
For reals thanks for recognizing. Not even people who I know play Touhou knew who I was. I gave the benefit of the doubt because it's Touhouvania and she looks a lot different from her original besides the tails.
>>
>>8983812
I love hiw people just started calling hik 8ball instead.
>>8983720
Yup, we will be at Fanime Thursday-Monday.
>>
>>8985005
>>8984975
Fanime staff plesse go. We wont stop until you fix your shit.
>>
Why is it hard for Fanime to get their shit together?! I registered early and when it was time to get the room it was full. Called the support line and they said just wait. Then I was placed in wait que and still no room. Lucky I'm staying now with a bro throwing a party at the Marriott. I payed early and this is really bad. I had fun last year and it was my first time and now I'm mad. Is all conventions like this or just this one? I'm not from this country. Visit here because family.
>>
>>8986961
Tell your bro to be careful with the Marriot since it seems they are going to be much, much more strict this year.
>>
>>8986961
And it is only fanime. Their whole system was bad this year because no one knew about it until it was too late. I think all rooms sold out by day 3 block and this was days before gen poo could even book.
>>
File: Bruh.gif (390 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Bruh.gif
390 KB, 640x360
>>8983657
I'm right there with you. Cutting at a 35% deficit 'til con hasn't been fun. Keep it up, you can do it and it'll be worth it.
>>
>>8986989
50% on keto here, lets do this brother!
>>
>>8986831
>>8986004

I was touhouvania Ran last year, will be bringing it back
>>
What about the other hotels regarding party? There's a few rooms at the Hilton planning for the block party
>>
>>8986961
>Fanime
>having their shit together
pick one

>>8986974
would be ironic if they got kicked out and anon again had no room
>>
>What are your plans?
Chilling with my brother, I might see my good friend and hang with her one day, just enjoy the con.
Franziska Von Karma (ace attorney), Gray (Harvest Moon), and commander peepers (wander over yonder)
Always looking forward to the masquerade. Also excited for meeting new people. I may go to a cosplay meetup if there's one, it'd be my first!
>What are you dreading?
That a girl I know with will show up and try to cling to me the whole time. She's a total buzzkill and I don't want her to ruin another con experience for me.
>>
>>8986961
Marriott is a bust.
Me and my squad were gonna host some beer and cocktail parties there, but a staffer informed me they're gonna play "Fun Police" this year.
We're moving to either the Hilton or Fairmont.
>>
>>8986989
AYEAYE
>>
>>8986831
I'd think the tails and general design would give it away but I guess not lol. But I'm a huge fan of the Touhouvania designs in general so I may be a little biased.
The location was actually perfect for Waka and I'm glad I decided to bring her over Hina for the gathering, though I didn't have time to figure out how to make an actual mermaid tail I wouldn't die trying to walk in.
>>
>>8987253
>That a girl I know with will show up and try to cling to me the whole time. She's a total buzzkill
Ugh I got a couple of those. One of which all my friends agree has some kind of narcissistic disorder because all conversations she can make about herself and can't gauge when no one cares she wore the rare Summer uniform Kagome as opposed to the tyical winter uniform Kagome
>>
>>8987242
That'd be pretty sad. Gabatte anon.
>>
>>8987268
Let our groups combine and lets throw a big party, anon.
>>
>>8986932
>thinking everyone who likes this convention is staff

Anon, shut up.
>>
>>8986961
This isn't just Fanime. Most convention sell out super quick with their satellite hotels. I don't know why people are so surprised to see hotels sell out quick. They probably won't do this next year as this was most likely a one time thing and the feedback was mostly negative, but convention hotels selling out in one day is the usual for most places.

>>8987201
I hope you all get kicked out. More room for other people. Room parties are disgusting and everyone involved are either kids, newly 21, or mid-20/30s who can't grow up.
>>
>>8987503
>They probably won't do this next year as this was most likely a one time thing and the feedback was mostly negative, but convention hotels selling out in one day is the usual for most places.

I honestly hope they do the tiered thing again, shitty on their part to not announce it when they had at con-reg, but I like the idea at least on principle. If you want to support the con and afford to pay in for a badge a year in advance you should have a shot at hotels before the general masses.

For as much as fanime has not had their shit together recently at least there's not been a registration debacle in the last two years since they have started opening pick-up super early so a line never has a chance to really form.
>>
File: 1411142877398.gif (44 KB, 700x368) Image search: [Google]
1411142877398.gif
44 KB, 700x368
>>8987503
>Growing up mean you can't have fun
>>
>>8987514
>growing up and partying with late teens

That's disgusting.
>>
>>8987406
Sure. What do you have in mind.
>>
>>8987503
I'm sorry you never got invited to the cool kids' party. Stay salty my friend.
>>
>>8987552
I have been, but I dont find fun in trashing hotel rooms and disturbing non-con attendees.
>>
>>8987574
Go to a bar or something if you plan to have a party. Most of them are crawling with creepy dudes trying to coax the girls into making out with them or making out with other girls once everyone is drunk.
>>
File: black friday.gif (2 MB, 400x179) Image search: [Google]
black friday.gif
2 MB, 400x179
>>8987510
Pretty much this. Everyone agrees that the late announcement was shitty, but if they can give a decent heads up next year it's one of the few real solutions to the server onslaught free for all that descended upon the site in years past.
>>
>>8985232
It's not just NorCal, it's been really bad in SoCal too.

A bit of non-anime cosplay has always been part of cons, but it's really started to bother me lately. I'm starting to feel like I'm at DashCon or some shit with how overrun cons have been by western cartoon, meme game, and webcomic shit the last few years. I'm not against other fandoms, but it starts to get on my nerves when I start feeling like a minority for being into anime at an anime con, and really pisses me off when I run into people who are openly hostile to anime at them. (Which has happened far more than I ever would have expected.)
>>
>>8987583
>>8987510
Agreed. No matter what, hotels are always going to be a nightmare and a huge scramble. At least with the tiered system, there's at least some kind of organization and no problem of crashing servers. Most of my friends (who to be fair, are in-state) found it to be much more lax and easier to get better hotels.

Unfortunately it still somewhat screws over those in AA. If they'ed do AA reg much earlier OR gave them high priority it'd be even better.
>>
>>8987519
Message me so we can work something out anon.
>>
>>8987725
The tiered system has its flaws, but it isn't a bad one. What really irked everyone was the late announcement and how AA got late reg. We also have to consider how they will implement it for next year. Will people have wait in line on day 4? Or will there be a rush for early registration? If a proper method isn't presented, it might be another mess. If they are genuinely doimg this to avoid room scalpers, they could do like AX and only allow one person, one room, but only if you have bought a pass already.
>>
A lot of the organizers of Fanime are huge League fans, going as far as to attend LCS playoffs and Worlds. So, since Sky has been a frequent Fanime attendee even before his YouTube League career took off, I can see why they would officially invite him on as a guest instead of just an attendee. They already have a bunch of good guests for other fans, so a guest for MLG people is a good addition. Yes, there are better suited candidates for this, but the fact that they choose Sky because he's a huge Fanime supporter in general is a nice nod to his continued support.

Enjoy your Japanese and cosplay guests. I'm glad MLG fans have someone too. I'm hoping the League tourney will be off the hook now.
>>
I can't remember what day we meetup for Fanime. Friday evening, I think?

Related to hotel bullshit, how is the soundproofing at the Marriott?
>>
File: 1388946055771.jpg (81 KB, 1199x1200) Image search: [Google]
1388946055771.jpg
81 KB, 1199x1200
>>8983806
>lots to do
>Fanime literally haven't announced any events yet
Every single fucking year.
>>
>>8987788
The one thing making me hold off on buying a badge.
>>
>>8987782
>how is the soundproofing at the Marriott?
Not good evidently. I've talked with a couple people who mentioned getting noise complains previous years. And if the Marriott staff anon wasn't bullshitting, they're gonna be looking for people to evict.
I'm not gonna risk it. I've already lined up a room at the Fairmont, and I talking with some people about another room at the Hilton.
>>
>>8987809
Don't anon, if fanime can't get their shit together, they don't deserve your cash.
>>
>>8987084
Such a based cosplay. She's so gorgeous.

>>8987331
Yeah exactly I'm the same way. Yeah that was a fantastic call. The water looked really nice. When I wanted to do her, me and my boyfriend would joke that he would carry me all day but realistically I'd probably just get a wheelchair or I'd try to make the tail with a material like spandex so I could just slip it on and pose and then take it off and keep doing whatever, but I've also seen people just translate it into leggings and etc.

>>8987782
I remember just dropping by for a second last year, but yeah normally around 8-9-10 ish on Friday and Saturday.
>>
>>8987909
>Such a based cosplay. She's so gorgeous.

Its a ton of fun to wear even if I can only spend a few hours at a time in it.
>>
>>8984940
I saw that guy at krackencon.
>tfw you saw a gun prop strapped around his leg but now you're doubting that it was a prop
>>
>>8987809
>>8987788
>>8987833
that's the real reason for adding the need for badges before hotel registration. wonder if fanime's badged attendance number is going to shoot up because of it
>>
>>8983708
Jfc get a fucking petticoat
>>
>>8981668
if any lady is struggling to find a room I can let you crash for some regular casual fucks. I live downtown and a few blocks from the convention center

hmu r9katze@gmail
>>
>>8988222
Any chick that emails you is really dude that's going to home invade your dumbass now.
>>
>>8987268
You only have yourselves to blame for that one.

Fairmont is going to be more aggressive about using their " 1k damage deposit"

Hilton so far, no news regarding parties.
>>
>>8988245
I would laugh if it somehow meant the downfall of Fanime if people stopped being able to party
>>
>>8988257
on the contrary, it could mean less plebs roaming around and ruining convention experience
>>
>>8988305
I agree with this. Less drunk assholes in the middle of the night running down the halls and screaming. If you can't have a respectful party, then I hope you get kicked out. People who aren't attending the convention still stay at the hotels and still need to be up and do other things. Business trips, family trips.. etc. Have fucking respect. Go party at someone's home if you want to party that bad or drink in a bar all night and then go back to the hotel and sleep.
>>
There was a post on /soc/ about Fanime a few days ago, is that anon here in this thread?
>>
>>8988257
Would force them to do actual work and content instead of sucking in membership fees just for all of us to walk inside.
>>
>>8988245
>1k damage deposit
This is my first year staying a the Fairmont. Is this true for everyone or just the Fanime block? When I travel I find hospitality workers give me less shit if I dress like a responsible adult and not a nerd in an old Katamari Damacy shirt which is my true form.
>>
>>8988624
That's probably true for all walks of life. Just being in a button up shirt and slacks will get better treatment than being in a t-shirt
>>
>>8988516
Is Fanime currently known as a party con?
>>
>>8988747
Generally, yes. It being 24 hours, people (kids) feel the need to go wild because away from parents.
WHICH, isnt in itself bad, but then you get the "katsucon-esque" losers screaming, breaking shit and puking everywhere.
My group usually hangs out at the dance (party party party) then retire to the room for booze and vidya (drinky drinky) which makes for stress-free partying.
Also have to walk down to smoke which some dont do.
Lol 8th floor marriot last year Sunday was Betty skunky smelling.
>>
File: cheapass.png (15 KB, 498x143) Image search: [Google]
cheapass.png
15 KB, 498x143
You knew a YEAR in advance about Fanime.
>>
>>8988766
So losing the party con status would probably be bad for it?
>>
>>8988897
I suppose it would, but even a strict crack down on noises I don't think will affect the tone.
It's mostly the 24 hour programming and proximity to bars/clubs (where some actual DJs and musicians turn out) that the 21+ crowd can find a rager at night.
I've personally found room parties fun but it's better at a venue with a bar.
>>
>>8988909
How does one even get booked for cons? I have been wanting to do one for a while. Can I just email them a sample set?
>>
>>8989027
Get your networking on for best results. Have you played other shows or put out music/mixes before? How known are you? Do other djs know you?
>>
>>8989027
Sleep with a higher up guest relations staff
>>
>>8981668
Shit, so I even can't have a chill drinking session with friends at the Marriott?
>>
>>8989268
Either lobby party or quiet drinking in your room
>>
>>8987253
>fucking peepers
GOD I'LL SEE YOU AS DOMINATOR MY FRIEND
>>
>>8981668
>what are your plans
Wait for them to FUCKING GET THE TABLE FOR AA SETUP ALREADY.
>>
File: a.jpg (32 KB, 427x481) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
32 KB, 427x481
Schedule fucking when?
>>
I hadn't considered this, but how serious are fanime's prop and weapon policies?
>>
>>8989775
Rovers actually watch out for people bringing stuff against the rules.
Example: I had a wooden bow unstrung since I do archery and its only a practice bow. But because it was wood, a rover said it was against the rules since it was a large, wooden prop and made sure I returned it in my hotel room.
>>
>>8989775
They usually want to peace bond anything and everything and even make you go through a prop "registration." In that room I saw they tag giant prop weapons but then really weird stuff like hurrican lamps, those flagpoles Hetaliatards carry and magic wands.

That being said they won't make you throw anything away like some cons. And super realistic guns are probably not a good idea.

Though I've always thought it was stupid how wooden bokken and shinai are usually banned but wooden sword carved out as a prop are okay.
>>
>>8989805
NOOO!!!! But I thought that as long it wasn't real steel you could bring in a weapon that was marked [orange tipped guns] or unstrung [like bows]!
>>
>>8988245

Wait, so ANYONE staying at the Fairmont for Fanime (or otherwise), has to also pay $1000 for a damage deposit? Is this random or for everyone?
Is there something I'm missing or am I going to have a $1350 hold on my card? (Debit, so I'll be paying for the hotel that way too) I won't have that kind of money in my bank and I can't have that shit bouncing my bank account.
>>
>>8989867
nope.
>>
>>8989867
remember, this is california, where people are hypersensitive about everything
>>
>>8989881
>>8989890

Im just soooo bummed. Guess I'll wonder around with capped off arrows in a quiver, but no bow.. Im just going to message them and ask what the difference between a wooden sword and a wooden upright unstrung bow is. I'm hoping they mean 'real bows' as in completely made of steel metal bows which, in that case, I can see it belonging to the 'no real steel' policy. But an unstrung wooden bow is basically the same damn thing as some idiot swinging around a wooden sword.
>>
>>8989880
Probably higher depending on how many people you put down would be staying in the room. Also, if you don't party, don't worry. They most likely plan to keep the money if you fuck up the place too much with booze, piss, throw up.. etc. Just go to a bar if you plan to party. If you don't plan to party, don't be so afraid.
>>
>>8989904
No plans to party. It's me and my boyfriend that are listed. I was just worried about the $1k hold on my card tying up my account for the weekend. Guess I could just take the money I need out beforehand.

Thank you for the response!
>>
>>8989900
honestly even if you get one answer now, come day of con you'll be stuck dealing with some other retard who thinks they know better and says that your prop is no good
>>
>>8989914
I dont think they charge your account or take out the money as a hold unless they actually need to have the 1K. Ive never had it happen when I have stayed at hotels. They always just have the card information on handy if they need to actually charge a damage fee. If you want you can also take photos of anything you see in the room as being 'damaged' before you even move your stuff in as proof of something already pre-existing. That way when you leave you can let them know that this was a before image and it was always like that. Or you can call them with anything you find and let them know so they don't think you did it.
>>
>>8989921
So the $1000 really just a fake out to sway you from partying? Because I'm pretty sure every hotel wants your card number incase you fuck up the place
>>
If I have the time I want to make some homemade gummy seagulls and pass them out at the gathering so we can all enjoy jelly gulls
>>
>>8989950
The last time I ate something from a channer, it had semen in it.
>>
>>8989954
if you mean the brownies it was condensed milk
guess you missed that follow up thread
>>
>>8981684
Yes. It's one of the few cons that doesn't add on $50 here, and $100 there for things like photographs, autographs, concerts, etc. It's nice that everything's under the one badge price.
>>
>>8990044
most anime cons don't charge for autographs or concerts. not sure what you mean by photographs?
>>
>>8983812
>>8986930
>8ball
Ouch man....
Pretty excited for this con. Sakuracon was kinda a bust for me so I'm hoping Fanime can make up for that.
>>
>>8981684
I remember when it was a lot cheaper
>>
>>8981795
Don't go to Johnny D's unless you're in a the mood for a fight
>>
1k deposit at Fairmont?! FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Just called the Fairmount, they confirmed the hold is $100 per night. So the $1k rumor is malarkey, but best have half of that available when you check in for incidentals and the like.
>>
>>8990319
Yeah their normal customer rates. Wait till you get there and find out about the special damage deposit and form they make you sign. You can't even get out of it like a normal incidental.
>>
>>8989921
How do you think they verify the money is in the account in case you damage the room? They put a authorization hold. Otherwise you would be able to give them some shit card to an empty account and walk off.
>>
>>8989880
Pretty much. They do this every year. These wanks are so fucking naive they never realized it or looked at their credit account during the con. It will be there and if you have a debit account, good luck.
>>
>>8990357
Good. Im glad. Considering all the shit party rooms do? They should have this extra piece of warning thrown around to the guests. I don't give a fuck if "But this is bad business" is what you are going to cry. Don't fuck up the room, don't get the deposit taken away. If you are having friends stay in a room with you, you had better have them pay their part of the deposit down too. I don't give a fuck if your friend is someone you have known for 19 years. They are staying in a room you are hosting. They should pay their share of the room and their share of the deposit. Get it beforehand and then put that in the account you are using for the deposit for the room. Easy.
>>
>FanimeCon registration has moved! We're now in the Marriott - 2nd Floor in the San Jose Ballrooms 1-6.
maybe they're going to leave the good reg system in storage too so you have something to do this Fanime. Everyone loves lines, right?

what are they going to use with the big area now?
>>
>>8990953
oh god, after they finally fix the reg, they are going to fuck it up again because of "connection issues"
>>
>>8990979
Its just pre-reg. Chill.
>>
I heard the marriott did some remodeling and now has refrigerators in the rooms; does anyone know if they did anything else of note? Any cameras in the hallways, microwaves in the rooms, etc? They had none of these things the past four years.
>>
>>8990985
The fag must have not sat in the 8 hour pre reg lines of old.
>>
>>8991363
Ive been attending since 2007. Tell me more, anon. I've even lied my way into the lie after they closed it off for the night by saying the rover who just got off shift said that I could get in the line which caused a ruckus, but fuck you. I got in that line. Its a fucking line for pre-reg. Not for the actual pick-up. Calm the fuck down. Would you prefer long line for both? I never pre-reg, so I don't give a fuck. I plan ahead and buy the tickets for $5 more expensive like an adult, so I don't have to deal with these lines you bitches cry about. Don't like the line? Pay $5 more.
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 843x184) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14 KB, 843x184
>>8991380
> I plan ahead and buy the tickets for $5 more expensive like an adult
1. What?
2. When has it ever been cheaper or quicker to go with regular reg for any convention ever?
3. 3/10 I replied
>>
>>8991388
>$10 more

Keep crying. Stand in your fancy 8hr line, kid.
>>
File: seems legit.jpg (70 KB, 617x896) Image search: [Google]
seems legit.jpg
70 KB, 617x896
>>8991395
You sound like you need to get back to your job at the Business Factory.
>>
>>8991400
Is it really /that/ hard to save, like, a $1 every day for 65 days when you have almost half a year to plan to buy a ticket not at pre-reg? If the line is that concerning then don't complain about having to stand in it or do go to the convention.
>>
>>8991404
Not them but a penny saved is a penny earned
>>
First time going to fanime, is this "fast pass" line system mentioned on their site a thing they've always done? does it like "work" or is it a dumb thing they don't really enforce?
>>
>>8991025
I had a fridge last year. And there's a microwave in the laundry room.
>>
>>8991380
Ah, so your a wannabe alpha that breaks into lines. Which also just invalidated whatever bullshit you make up. I'll be waiting for you to pull your stunts this year, just like the fat Asian that thought he could talk shit on the elevators, thinking he was a bad ass for getting on at the third floor and going up to go down, as the doors closed and shit his pants when the doors opened on the bottom floor and I was standing right there.
>>
>>8991481
It's you're* :^)
>>
>>8991511
Don't oppress me cis scum!
>>
>>8989900
>>8989919
If you do get a positive answer, perhaps have it up on your phone when you go to get your prop peacebonded just in case they try to tell you something different?
>>
>>8991468
I was in one of the larger guest rooms and i guess they hadn't gotten around to those yet.
>>
>>8991460
I believe it is new. Also looks like it's only for the masquerade which is a massive waste of time for everyone so you shouldn't bother with it. If it was for the concert on Saturday it might be worthwhile. Fanime has had a consistently horrible and misrun masquerade for the last few years
>>
>>8991873
The masq used to be really good, but it's been garbage the past few after a lot of staff turnover. Not to mention it takes forever for them to sort out judging.

The other big thing about their masq is there's no skill breakdown for awards. Not sure if they've changed that, but Ive always thought they were the odd con out when it came to that
>>
>>8991873
It's gotten better but it's certainly not what it used to be. I don't think they can ever do worse than the year that some normie band had an hour set before the actual damn thing started. We'll probably never get a Hideo concert opening again.
>>
>>8991481
Oh look. Its the troll that got banned a few days ago. Welcome back, kid.
>>
>>8991481
I'm getting more convinced that this guy and the guy against room parties are the same person
>>
>Just there to chaperone for my sister and her friends.
>Cosplaying as Taihei, while she goes as Umaru

Biggest fear is just losing her in the crowd, it seems every year theres just fuck loads more people.
>>
>>8991981
I lost my sister for a second two years ago, but she found em pretty quick. If you are in an outfit its pretty easy to find each other. I was super paranoid about her being stolen and whatnot, but the vendors in the DD and AA and the rovers and very quick to react if someone looks lost. Explain to her to find someone with a yellow armband if she ever gets lost. They also walk around [the rovers] with high up exclamation points and word bubbles to indicate they are rovers, so she can see them in the crowds.
>>
File: 1319465204920.jpg (31 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
1319465204920.jpg
31 KB, 191x234
I'm coming down from Canada and going for the first time! Very excited and nervous as to what to expect. I'll be shooting a CMV and will be desperately looking for cosplayers to be in it.

What are your plans?
Shoot a CMV! Meet new people! Assist in a After Dark shoot 8)

What are you cosplaying?
Nada. Struggles with filming is that it's nearly impossible to cosplay at the same time.

What are you looking forward to?
Quality of cosplays. I was already blown away with what I saw at Wondercon, and people told me it was nothing compared to FanimeCon.

What are you dreading?
Asking strangers to act in my video. It's hard starting from scratch and building new relationships with cosplayers to work with
>>
>>8990319
>>8990357
I got rammed up the ass the last time I stayed at the Fairmont, it wasn't quite $1k but it was close. Their valets also broke one of my ex's props and fucked up one of her wigs (as we stood there asking them to let us handle those fragile items), and then scraped her car pretty badly while it was in their care. (Which we discovered when we stopped for food on the way home.)

Their maids also ignored a "do not disturb" tag on a friend's room that year and went in anyway, and somehow broke a large prop that was inside the closet. (It was obvious from the damage that they'd picked it up and played around with it and broke it in the process.)

So yeah, fuck the Fairmont. The only thing I like about them is the Eggs Benedict in their restaurant.
>>
So the parties at the Hilton now? Good, booked the right one.
>>
>>8992023
If you see dancers just ask them if you can do a small clip for a CMV. They're usually chill with it.
>>
>>8992070
Is it possible to stay at the Fairmont and keep your car in the garage under the convention center? I really hate handing my car over to valet
>>
>>8992197
Are there a lot of dancers at Fanime? I've never been to the venue before, but where do they normally hang out?
>>
>>8992195
All the parties I've been hearing about are at the Fairmont. But if I can switch to the Hilton, I'll move mine over there.
>>
>>8991932
>>8991954
Samefag
>>
File: great detective work.png (135 KB, 1367x480) Image search: [Google]
great detective work.png
135 KB, 1367x480
>>8992465
A+ job, m8
>>
>>8992023
Please make sure that your video has the cosplayers move more than the camera
>>
>>8992481
I can post from my home internet connection and my phone too
>>
>>i>>8987253
My friend and I will be cosplaying from Story of seasons. Hope to see you there.

Also love Franziska. It better be a PW filled con.
>>
>>8989775
Had a cheap wooden kid sword and sheath they made me go outside to dull the tip of the fake wooden sword. Depends on how much of a stickler the staff manning the booth.
>>
>>8992642
I did a lot back in the day but hearing 20 people an hour shouting "Objection!" gets grating
>>
File: 1435925431939.png (699 KB, 622x570) Image search: [Google]
1435925431939.png
699 KB, 622x570
>>8992650
Wow
>>
>>8986989
>tfw doubled my weights cardio and protein but still on a over all caloric diet. I-it will be worth it right?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160504-212641.png (381 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160504-212641.png
381 KB, 1440x2560
>>8992611
Keep trying.
>>
>>8992023
please have lots of different types of costumes in your CMV...too many times i just see vids that are 100% armor or current series stuff.
>>
>>8992207
i do this every year because fuck paying for valet. i stay at the fairmont and park at one of the city garages for the weekend since i don't need my car.
>>
For people not staying in the hotels, where are the best places to park for the day? Not sure if the convention center garage or some other city one works better.
>>
>>8992935
Anon shut the fuck up about it. You are trying so hard to prove you are not a samefag that I'm starting to think you are. No one gives a shit about you two. Go fight it out in the stone fountain.
>>
In other news, the smoking age is now 21 in California. Going to be a lot of jonesing smokers.
>>
>>8992221
Every year there's a big dance battle at the entrance. They also carry around speakers and cardboard. You will find/hear them
>>
Though it said faminecon at first and imagined a bunch of African kids and the third horseman.
>>
>>8993165
There are two larger parking lots near the Childrens Discovery Museum that I tend to always get a spot at. If those are full, there is a three/four story garage the other direction near Psycho Donuts.
If you are a San Jose local, you could always park your car at a light rail station and take that. There's a stop right in front of the convention center.
>>
>>8993165
i would try for the parking structures mentioned and I'd add to avoid open lots maybe?
i know its anecdotal, but I've had a lot of my friends' cars broken into in the lot near the fairmont. One had a nice stereo taken, and the other was a bunch of classic video games they had for the swap meat. Sucky that both were out a few hundred bucks.

Food for thought i guess.
>>
File: 1398131221081.jpg (49 KB, 521x453) Image search: [Google]
1398131221081.jpg
49 KB, 521x453
>friend needs a ride
>offers me a room
>fast forward 3 months
>tells me room is full I can't room with them
>still wants ride
With that said can I take my chances and room with someone from /cgl/?
>>
Is there always going to be that one person in these threads that blows everything out of proportion?
>>
>>8993616
First time on cgl eh?
>>
>>8993598
Sounds like your car just ran out of space too.
>>
>>8993598
How is his room now "full". Don't most con-goers room stuff?
>>
>>8994009
wondering this too since some cons I've been to people just pass out on the floor
>>
File: 1398572052757.jpg (104 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1398572052757.jpg
104 KB, 500x490
>>8994009
He thinks 8 people a room is too much to accommodate his driver.
>>
>>8994036
Really depends on the room. Fairmont or Hilton? you can squeeze a dozen in if you get cozy. Westin? Fuck no.
>>
>>8994045
how are the fairmont and the hilton as far as room stuffing? my crew gets the marriott and it seems like the staff give no shits, but we're also quiet and we clean up after ourselves.
>>
>>8994045
Fairmont. Plus I'm a small guy who takes the floor every con.
>>
File: smile not so much.gif (721 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
smile not so much.gif
721 KB, 500x281
Fucking. Swap. Meet. Info. Please.
>>
>>8994116
>Fanime
>having their shit together
3 weeks guys
3 weeks
>>
>>8994133
Im not caring about them getting their shit together. They do this every year for Swap Meet. What I am worried about is that it is announced while I am at work and not being able to get a spot. I have money saved up for it, so I could care less if it is 3 weeks before the convention.
>>
>>8983708
Ironic cosplay needs to die.
>>
>>8992642
Love seeing harvest moon cosplays, hope I see you guys too!
Counting on an aa filled con now that the sixth game was announced but still crossing my fingers just in case
>>
>>8989286
YESS I LOVE HER so glad there's gonna be WOY cosplay going on
>>
Hey fellow Keto diet Bayfags. Safeway has a sale on bags of frozen salmon at $5 for a family size bag. I was skeptical but the pieces are individually vacuum sealed and legit.
>>
>>8991883
Last year, they went back to a more uniform break down and it was better.

>>8991913
That is still the most horrifying masq experience ever. From what I heard, they didn't have a laptop to play the music for the skits and that's why they were stalling. That was also the time when the Madoka group's skit audio warped at the end of their skit and they stormed backstage and full-on screamed at the staff. We were a few entries behind them and standing backstage, and it was really stressful and crazy. The Kyubey was led off crying, while the Kyoko was the one who was so pissed off.
>>
>>8995085
Unfortunately, I am LA county. Keep at it ketobrother!
>>
>>8995196
Vons is Safeway so they might have the same sale.
>>
Hotels are starting to open up! Cross fingers for one of the nearby ones.
>>
>>8995654
Define open up, I'm still on the fucking waiting list.
>>
>>8995721
one year i managed to get a marriott room six days before the convention started, don't worry man you got this
>>
Got my hotel confirmation, despite getting placed on the wait list late.
It's right at where the venue is and it's $150 cheaper than my backup option. Most likely much nicer, too.

Damn cgl making me worry about not being able to get a hotel and shit

It's gonna be lit boys
>>
Got a room at the Hilton! Parties for days here. Let's do this
>>
File: 1452520904762.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1452520904762.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>8996461
Shit, son, I'm game! You gonna be at the meet-up?
>>
>>8983018
>outside around 9-10ish every night
Sorry, but what structure? The thing that used to be the fountain? Sorry, I've been gone while the place was getting renovated.
>>
File: 1458554893946.gif (1011 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
1458554893946.gif
1011 KB, 500x266
>>8981668
>What are your plans?
Just being with my little brother before he goes off to college
drinking and partying during sundown. Also, going to the hentai rooms for the heckling
>What are you dreading?
Running into some old mates from high school. Not to sound like a douchebag, but they've always had shit taste. Good people, shit taste.
>>
File: 871826.png (99 KB, 284x259) Image search: [Google]
871826.png
99 KB, 284x259
imma just say it,
the fanime forums roommate thread is creepy as fuck.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.