[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever done Hotline Miami, and can anyone offer some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12
Has anyone ever done Hotline Miami, and can anyone offer some good tips if my cosplay is bad?
I plan on doing some more in future, but my issue is money. Tips, tricks, anything?
Also if you've done it, post it, i wanna see.
You won't be able to see it, but the B that is stitched on is yellow and black. It's alright, but i need to change that out.
I have another i can post, to show i have the shoes just fine.
>>
File: fucking more.png (332 KB, 207x659) Image search: [Google]
fucking more.png
332 KB, 207x659
2nd pic.
>>
You can't use weapons with the Tony mask. Your cosplay should be weathered. You should post in the help thread. Sage.
>>
>>9088594
I know, That is what i did in my previous cosplays. I had a friend with me doing duo cosplay so i carried the Bat in her interests, plus it's from Hm1, so it's intended as that Mask, (which allowed him weapons)
I was going to look into getting some acrylic paint or food dye to add to the costume.
Hm2 tony, which i am doing at one point, i intend on no weapons regardless of what others say.
>>
>>9088586
The mask makes the entire thing look cheap, no matter what you do with it.

If you really wanna go full mile, make a fursuit head. If you can't do that, there's plenty of others who take commissions that can.

Other than that, I don't really see anything else you can do, unless you wanna try to take a helmet and alter the shit outta it. This would have been better in the help thread.
>>
Might want to wear a chicken mask instead, considering Tony isn't known for wearing a letterman jacket
>>
>>9088604
Aye, i know, as mentioned, I'm doing HM2. Whole costume change there. this is intended as Jacket with the Tony mask.
>>
>>9088603
Thanks, you know anywhere i can commission for that possibly/ request for it?
It was the best i could do short notice of 3 days before the con.
Also where is this help thread?
This thread is partly too to see if anyone else has done it, so i can take tips based on their attempts.
>>
>>9088610
Not big into the furry craze. I know there's a site somewhere that's for auctioning off pieces, but I don't remember the name of it.

Here's this though; https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=9619.0
>>
Did a quick one 2 years ago for halloween.
I'd say that you need :
>weatheringon
>red and white Nike Blazer shoes
>maybe some fake blood
>>
>>9088614
thanks mane.
>>
>>9088618
Fuck forgot the pic.
>>
>>9088618
I'm not exactly sure what "weathering" is?
And yeah, fake blood i'll look at getting.
>>
>>9088621
Also hey, that looks damn good.
The blood i will look at doing. I need a new light blue shirt for specifically that then.
>>
>>9088623
It means that you give to your costume a worn look.
It makes a huge difference.
Sand it, paint it, tear it, smash it, make it look like you actually fought while wearing it.
>>
File: shwag.gif (266 KB, 298x199) Image search: [Google]
shwag.gif
266 KB, 298x199
>>9088626
I see, will do, thanks m8.
I'll go drag the jacket through some bushes and go biking with my trainers, get them a bit muddy and fucked up.
That should add some effect.
>>
>>9088629
Yep that's the spirit !
Also it might look very cool if you could wrap some blood-soaked cloth around some parts of your baseball bat.
>>
>>9088626
More specifically-
Swing a bat at someone. Put up your arms to defend yourself while someone else attacks you. Note where these things would wear. See where the fabric stretches, where it contacts walls, the floor, etc, and then wear those areas and only those areas.

Think: Knees, elbows, forearms, the shoulder that a gun would rest on, glove joints if you have gloves, etc.
>>
File: wOLa9.png (191 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
wOLa9.png
191 KB, 460x215
Take the other anons' advice and weather that jacket, maybe stain it with some fake blood. Do the same with the hand wrap. Make sure you've got the B stitched on (can't see it in the pic). Pay some furfag to make you a better looking tiger head. Pretty sure the sneakers are off too, IIRC they're red with white, not pure white. I don't know why everybody makes the letterman jacket red, considering it's brown in official artwork (see pic).

When it comes to blood splatters, try laying out a tarp, hanging up the shirt, and splashing the fake blood on it from a foot or two away. IMO it makes the splatter look a bit more natural, provided you don't use and entire container of the stuff. As for weathering, you might not have to beat on the jacket and jeans too much. maybe fade the jacket a bit by washing it a few times or leaving it out in the sun, and wearing out the knees and cuffs on the jeans. >>9088635 had the right idea with wearing out joints in the knees, elbows, etc.
>>
>>9088634
Wasn't my bat, and i'm doing HM2 tony next time.
But this will still be improved, Always a first use for the first day, as i love HM (obviously)
Probably better to soak the bandages i wear for it.
>>
>>9088640
One last thing: Jacket also wears a brown leather belt. Try not to leave that out
>>
>>9088635
Oh also:
For good blood spatter, you can take an object that's hard, wrap it in bloody cloth, then smash that fucker with a bat, it'll spray blood on your just like if you just broke a dude's head open
>>
File: Heyyyy.jpg (108 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
Heyyyy.jpg
108 KB, 500x327
>>9088640
Alright, nice tips. Could leave it out in the rain and sun a bit, as far as i know from the sellers reviews, it's not the top of quality, so i can get it weathered down really easily.
So sorta, stand back and throw the blood at a distance? Will give it a go. Thanks.
>>
File: OH FUCK.jpg (182 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
OH FUCK.jpg
182 KB, 1680x1050
>>9088643
He does? I did my research, but never knew that.
Thanks anon!.
Have the most crudely done photoshop of the fans ever.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1464132030588.jpg (3 MB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1464132030588.jpg
3 MB, 2560x2560
Here's mine from Fanime
>>
>>9088656
Forgot to add that my only regret is not using lighter jeans
>>
>>9088656
Das some good stuff man.
Bandages nice touch.
>>
>>9088656
Hello again daddy
>>
File: qtjacket.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
qtjacket.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>9088640
InsertCoin make a great jacket for hotline cosplay! It's really cute to wear casually too
>>
>>9088677
Tbh i felt that's off from the actual jacket. Basing it on the one in game, it's yellow white, and this one seems wrong, plus, the last time they had it in my size, it was sold out before i could get my hands on an order.
>>
File: 1420336343363.jpg (78 KB, 641x534) Image search: [Google]
1420336343363.jpg
78 KB, 641x534
>>9088677
indeed they did
>>
>>9088677
>>
>>9088644
Not OP, but that's helpful as heck. Going to use this in the future.
>>
>>9088752
I am OP, but asking, as you seem to understand it better.
What does he mean? Do they mean just take a hard object wrapped in blood splattered cloth and hit desired object wishing to cover in blood to add effect?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.