[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AX Aftermath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135
File: images.png (3 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 213x237
How was everyone's time at AX this year?
>>
5 D A Y S N E X T Y E A R
>>
>>9086595
Fucking wat.
>>
AX was shit. The staff was retarded, it was overcrowded, the AA was hell, and I honestly didn't feel like throwing more money for all the extra stuff. I didn't get many pics of cosplayers because it was too crowded. I honestly only went to 4 panels and the only one worth it was the trigger panel. Probably will avoid AX next year.

For those in Artist Alley did you rake in the cash or were you fucked by the tiny crowded walkways?
>>
The 999 thing was a wonderful prank. Wish I could have done it.

4/10
>>
Long line and retarded ax staff. It needs to be better. The panels weren't good for me and I saw nothing worth buying.
>>
I'm local and just came down for parties this year. Kinda sad I missed out on the actual con, but it seems like maybe I shouldn't be.

I wanted to check out the AA for Overwatch stuff but I heard that was a hellhole too.
>>
>>9086592
What was even the point of being 4 days long if everything fucking closed at T H R E E. Complete waste of my time and money.
>>
AA was a fucking nightmare, should've used more space for the artists and less for table top gaming. Walk space was way too narrow.

If I hadn't spent literally 5 hours trying to do a run though of the AA I might have had time to wait in line for another line to maybe see a panel.

Fashion show in Saturday was fun!

Also whoever threw up on Sat night on bus 4, you're a douche.
>>
Guesses on to how much premier is next year.
>>
>>9086650
$395. I just asked them. They will be on sale tomorrow 12 PM PST. Regular 4 days will raise in price again tomorrow.

Gulls, is it even worth going to AX anymore? I never went to AX, but I've been watching the previous thread.
>>
File: 2016-07-04 17.56.26.jpg (3 MB, 2449x3265) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-04 17.56.26.jpg
3 MB, 2449x3265
Bought some zines at AA, had a great time. Forced my boyfriend to cosplay Jon Snow, sewing that vinyl was actually hell, so my dress only got 5 am level of work. This is the only con I attend though. Lines were much better than 2014. Anyone talking about big crowds and etc didnt go to 2014. Bought my first Real Wig from Epic Cosplay Wigs, they were pretty damn good. Helped me put it on and all that.

Very fun Con, lots of photos were taken of us. Feet are tired.
>>
>>9086656
Do you know how much regular cost?
>>
>>9086656
I'm starting to feel more and more like it's not worth it for most /cgl/ types.

AX is turning more and more into an "Expo" and losing its "Convention" roots, if that makes sense. If you're into the official side of things, the panels, the limited merchandise, the live programming, autographs, etc, then it's the con to be at. If you're there to cosplay, hit the AA (or have a booth), or just for general socializing and partying, though, it's hard to make a case for it these days.

I think next year I'll save my money and put it towards SDCC instead, even though I'm mostly an anime fan.
>>
>>9086674
Right now it's $50 + $4 for fees. Not sure how much it will go by tomorrow.
>>
>>9086677
Since when was 2017 passes on sale?
>>
File: 1404263941636975.png (81 KB, 257x267) Image search: [Google]
1404263941636975.png
81 KB, 257x267
>the good
Went to an academic panel and had an okay time, the Japan Super Live and had a good time, and the BONES panel and had an excellent time. Took some pictures, walked around with my boyfriend, met some cool people during the con. Ate food ranging from mediocre to delicious. The hotel was really nice and allowed easy access to the con, even though we didn't get the official shuttle service.

>the bad
AX had no idea what it was doing. The line to Japan Super Live was fucking atrociously designed. The Artist Alley was not a lot of fun, as it was far too small for people to move around in. I couldn't find any obscure merch in the Exhibition Hall, which was a bit of a disappointment. Wish I didn't miss the official Sailor Moon panel, but the timing was bad.

>the loot
A big Okami plush that I'll be selling ($35 cash right now, if anyone's interested), a small Okami plush that I'll be keeping, an official AX shirt, an official AX hat, an official AX keychain, and a Hamilton keychain from the AA for a friend.

>rating
7/10. I had a pretty good time.

>tfw just had extremely kinky sex with my sub bf in the hotel
>>
>>9086675
>AX too mainstream and caters to official shit
>save money for SDCC instead
>>
Missed most of Day 4 since I have work, but it was an okay con. Honestly only two panels was worth the trip and I could have just waited to hear the news later.
I haven't been in years and jfc it's so crowded what happened to it?
Had a wierd mental breakdown night of Day 3 and couldn't stop crying in hotel's bathroom as my roomies tried to give me space.

Would go again next year?

Extremely doubtful.
>>
Some of the people there shouldn't even cosplay.
>>
>>9086702
SDCC has way better nightlife, a better venue, and does a much better job of being an official/mainstream con. If I'm going to spend a bunch of money on an "expo"-style con, might as well go to the best one.
>>
I love some of the salt people have been throwing around how AX is losing its fan roots by pushing away fan panels and fan events in favor of more industry and guests.

This is a welcome change for me. I love going to SDCC for the previews, swag, exclusives, merchandise and autographs. I hate how most cons just push a majority of a fans experience on the fan themselves, do nothing and rake in the profits.

I don't need to see shit like gatherings, fan panels as I go from event to event and see something actually new and exciting as opposed to just stand around and taking selfies with people in costumes
>>
File: 1455129917212.jpg (17 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1455129917212.jpg
17 KB, 360x360
Not a single /cgl/ gril bullied me
>>
File: 1466721647479.jpg (145 KB, 736x663) Image search: [Google]
1466721647479.jpg
145 KB, 736x663
I had a good time for my first time.

I mean, I had a sense of what to expect such as expensive anime merch that I can get cheaper online and an overall crowded environment followed by a mildly bad odor in the area.

One thing I did not like was how the Artist Alley was more like "Undertale & Steven Universe" alley, followed by artists who were either aping omocat's art style or plain and simply doing their usual tumblr nose art tropes. No creative diversity overall.

And most of the cosplays were pretty meh, nothing really stood out for me. It was a good experience nonetheless

I hope to come back again and see what's new.
>>
>>9086713
Good to hear someone say this because I am interested in going to AX. I never have but when I see all the commercial booths I get really excited? Sounds awesome. Only thing that doesn't sound good to me is the crowding but I've dealt with that before.
>>
Guy who brought some alcohol to the Westin last night here.
What did you Skegulls think of last nights kickback? I had a lot of fun and I am looking forward to messaging some of you when I get home.
>>
>>9086663
Did he die?
>>
anyone have a picture of Trump Chan and her boyfriend the American eagle? I need it for shitposting purposes.
>>
>rushed a cosplay for AX panel
>left it at home
>drive 2 hours back home, then back
>missed the panel due to crap con management

Got a lot of people coming out of the panel taking pictures though
Speaking of which, any one have pictures of a Tio cosplay? I hope it's one of the ones with my cosplay shoes on
>>
File: 20160704_151535.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160704_151535.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>9086730
Yeah. He took off the armor at the end of today and his long sleeve had a "farmers tan" of sweat. He's all the GoT from today.
>>
Where's a good place to watch fireworks in LA? Bonus points if it is near/on a beach.
>>
Had a lot of sex. A lot of sex.
>>
>>9086752
It's the opposite of a beach, but I'm driving up to Mt. Wilson, which has a huge panoramic view of the city. (Pic is the view from there.)

I've been wanting to go do some long exposure shots of the fireworks for years, and AX always gets in the way.
>>
>>9086752
Huntington, Elysian Park or as the other anon said, Mt. Wilson
>>
File: RWPano091.jpg (205 KB, 1000x293) Image search: [Google]
RWPano091.jpg
205 KB, 1000x293
>>9086757
Oh shit, forgot the pic.
>>
Hope you guys enjoyed the Stroh and booze I rolled out with each night, thanks for putting up with me
>>
Who was the tall white guy with the pink shirt at the meetup? He was the only decent looking guy.
>>
It's so lame that the last day of AX pretty much ends at 3.
>>
>>9086710
Maybe AX should just say fuck it and use the SDCC location.
>>
>>9086776
Enough of this already stale meme
>>
>>9086770
Do you know the best way to get to Huntington without access to your own car? Also, do you know when the show officially starts?
>>
>>9086650
>>9086656
what do you get with a premier pass?
>>
>>9086794
they had a parade earlier, fireworks should be starting around 8:30

as for travel, no clue. I live 45 minutes away so I usually just drive; maybe get an Uber/Lyft?
>>
so happy i got one of those qt fakku shirts. the girl at the fakku booth was so funny and nice.
>>
>>9086710
Yeah but if you're not into the medium and content then all the guests will not hype you up.

AX knocked it out of the park with its guests and concerts and I was more hype for this lineup than anything comic-con has churned out in the past
>>
>>9086802
What about Seaside Lagoon - Redondo Beach? Is that any good?
>>
>>9086698
Is it the galaxxy x ax hat?
I thought that wasn't available
>>
>>9086754
Tfw no bf or attractive guys.
>>
Really needs to be on a bigger location. Shit's getting way too crowded.
>>
ax this year was utter shit. heavily doubt i'll be going again next year but at least i made some new friends
>>
File: 20160702_221744.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160702_221744.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>Go to Anisong Matsuri with watch motherfucking JAM Project perform
>Everyone hype as fuck when they come on stage
>dumb mother fuckers sitting in front of me sitting down with their heads down asleep

why even go when you're not a fan and not hype?
>>
>>9086821
Either that or a cap on number of badges sold.
>>
>>9086806
Personally I could pretty much care less about guests anyway. I go to cons for cosplay and to see old friends and meet new ones.
>>
IF THERE WAS SOMEONE YOU LIKED AT THE CON/MEET UP SAY SO NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

You can be anonymous so there is no reason to be shy.
>>
>>9086836
I thought Shy was cute.
>>
File: ss.jpg (15 KB, 294x337) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
15 KB, 294x337
>First con I ever went to
>Dressed up as Mars from Sailor Moon
>Spent the last 2 years getting in shape, finally made it
>Slutty costume
>Shaves my legs, chest, back, balls, everything except my face
>Mostly went to parties and fucked con sluts
I don't think I can go back to normal sex anymore. Fucking a slutboat is the hottest thing I've ever done.
Shit was way too crowded though.
>>
>>9086836
I wish =(

Actually it's weird, I pretty much always leave a con having met somebody I want to see again, but that didn't happen at all this year.
>>
>>9086841
>Still no picture of her cosplay as Trump posted
>>
>>9086836
I-if the really adorable Asian Allen Walker who had the sword and had a friend as Lavi comes here, you were cute as fuck and were my con crush. I'm sorry I was so shy and awkward at you.
>>
>>9086852
That mixed race meme spouter Shy would cosplay a fucking meme
>>
>>9086811
never been to Seaside for fireworks, Redondo is ok but won't beat Huntington
>>
>>9086861
>not knowing all of /pol/ is either a race mixer, gay or not white
Her boyfriend is pretty cool too.
>>
crossboarder here, how do I get to meet people from here? first time going and had fun but didn't meet people really. I have no knowledge of cosplay but enjoyed seeing the cosplays
>>
File: DSC_0410.jpg (595 KB, 1606x1635) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0410.jpg
595 KB, 1606x1635
>>9086821
I didn't see how popular the tabletop gaming area was next to AA, but I don't think it needed all that room. Trying to walk through AA, let alone actually shop at AA was a nightmare.
>>
>>9086836
There was this person dressed as Asuka, sitting in one of the halls who I was asking where the AA was on friday. I forgot what I was gonna say so I just left.
>>
File: IMAG0278.jpg (961 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0278.jpg
961 KB, 3264x1836
Aftermath in the hotel room after gf's cosplay..
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
i went to ax with my friend she would get asked to take photo and i would be left just carrying evreyhting. post the pic if one of you guys took it
>>
>>9086836
liked all the folks at the random sunday pizza box circle

a fun gang, especially the tall white guy in the pink shirt
>>
I NEED PICTURES OF THAT GIRL AT THE MEET UP WITH BOOBS SO BIG THEY WOULDN'T EVEN FIT INTO HER SUIT
>>
>>9086836
Remilia from Saturday meetup here. Was wondering if the anons from fgc are here and going to EVO.
>>
>>9086891
Pink shirt guy was the best.
>>
File: 1467652117100.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1458) Image search: [Google]
1467652117100.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1458
>>9086836
Anyone else gonna post pictures from the meet? Anyway, I only went Fri/Sat, but everyone minus space dandy/cirno was great. Shoutout to Shy and her crew, Mark, ManMiku, and any other little shits I met.
>>
>>9086893
I play fighting games but I ain't good enough or have the money to go to evo.
>>
>>9086897
What even happened with them? I heard a little bit, but it was really vague.
>>
File: 1432996624047.gif (482 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
1432996624047.gif
482 KB, 350x260
>>9086897
>My back is turned in the image
>>
>>9086776
that's probably me
>>
>>9086893
Definitely not an anon but hell, I'll be there and suffering during my 8 am pool play. Say hi if you're there!
>>
>>9086780

Do you not want to go? Because SDCC is about 1/6th the size of LACC and Comic Con tickets sell out within seconds
>>
>>9086907
Shoulda just jumped in the pic man!

>>9086902
Can't say the other days, but me and my friend left early sat, and I think they did as well.Did they not do anything the other days?
>>
>>9086817
Go for less attractive guys?
>>
>>9086836
T-to the ripped white guy with the six pack you should have made a move, we could have fugged.
>>
>>9086893
Oh hey man, I was talking to you on the bus/meet about EVO and stuff. Not sure if i'll go, were you thinking about it?
>>
>>9086836
to the girl at the Westin pool deck who revealed to everyone that she waxes by walking around with unzipped shorts and nothing but fishnets underneath:

I like your style.
>>
>>9086898
Aww that sucks.

>>9086916
I'm not so sure about going this year to compete. SF has over 5k entrants and it's hard enough playing both SF and GG. If I do go, I'll say hi before you drown. :^)

>>9086928
At this rate, probably not and just watch the streams.
>>
>>9086902
We promised not to start drama on /cgl/ so most people kept quite.
>>
>>9086817
tfw the only girls that give me the time of day weigh more than me despite being 6+" shorter
>>
>>9086592
TIME FOR FIREWORKS IN LA, like now
>>
File: DSC00139.jpg (205 KB, 1370x776) Image search: [Google]
DSC00139.jpg
205 KB, 1370x776
Holy shit what a con folks.

My complaints were minimal, mainly rude staff as usual.

Met so many new peeps this year and had a lot of fun with the gulls. My best year ever to be honest. Sorry I didn't get to see everyone, but there's always next year!
>>
File: image.jpg (885 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
885 KB, 2448x3264
Despite prior complications, I overall enjoyed myself. Though, the staff and organization of panels and line control was complete shit.

Aside from that, it was a much-needed good time. Dressed as Kylo Ren, I had lots of children run up to me with their contagious excitement, asking for pictures with the biggest smiles. Made me quite happy.

It adds a whole new dimension to the experience when people compliment your cosplay, telling you they love you, and hunt you down for pictures.

Here I am standing next to Phasma, who was cool as hell.
>>
>>9086741
No. All I got is the fat MAGA people.
>>
>>9086959
First time doing a meetup, and honestly it wasn't bad at all. Thanks for doing it, I'll be sure to bring drinks right from the get go next time.
>>
>>9086836

There was that Crystal Maiden cosplayer I saw yesterday. I should have asked for her Steam ID, at the very least. This is one of my biggest con regrets.
>>
>>9086959
>That booze journey
It was tiring but probably the most memorable and enjoyable thing I did at AX.

I used the left over Booze the next night for a smaller /cgl/ meet.
>>
>>9086962
post em
>>
>>9086965
Go to ALA if you want to experience it again but with a good likelyhood of it happening in a hotel instead of having to do it outside.
>>
>>9086973
Or Anime California
>>
>>9086976

So what is this Anime California thing? It's nice that there's a con inbetween AX and ALA in SoCal, and to be honest, the former is already getting too stuffed of people.
>>
>>9086646
>AA was a fucking nightmare
You got good foot traffic. I agree though less tables for Table Top and more for people looking to rest and chill.

I pre-reg already for next year. It was $54 including the Eventbrite fee.
>>
File: DSC00131.jpg (223 KB, 1275x1700) Image search: [Google]
DSC00131.jpg
223 KB, 1275x1700
Regarding Dandy/Cirno for the need to know, it's being taken care of off the board, so don't worry about it. I think he's a good guy but some things got out of hand. I hope he uses the experiences to learn from what you should and shouldn't do at cons.
>>
>>9086824
What songs did they perform?
This is important to me.
And if you can, tell me what songs the other artists performed that you could recognize.
I want to know if I missed a good show.
>>
File: 1460207817650.gif (300 KB, 283x206) Image search: [Google]
1460207817650.gif
300 KB, 283x206
It was my first AX so I dont know how to judge it against others, but I honestly had a fantastic time.

It was my first time seeing a dealers hall so big so I was really impressed and had a blast looking at all the official booths and seeing things like the new Sakura figure. The AA was to huge for words, it was pretty overstimulating. I supposedly missed the bad days (folks said the air ventilation was worse on day one and two than three and four, but I only made it in yesterday and today so I cant really say) but it was still a bit uncomfortable in there. Got some cute stuff though and got to meet an artist whose work I'd been following for years!

I was also really happy with all the places to sit like the chairs every where, and I thought the line for reg on day 0 went super fast which was nice. I think we were in and out of there with our badges in less than half an hour. Oh I also really liked the entertainment hall, the sets were really fun!

I mostly just had a good time hanging out with my friends and admiring all the cosplays, they were all pretty cool. I think my one big hang up is the pokemon meet (the only meet I ended up attending) was really poorly put together. The location kept changing, there were too many people and they could organize them all, and the whole thing was just a mess.

Over all had a blast, very little to complain about on my end.
>>
>>9087009
Oh man, what now?
>>
Apperantly they kept having people pass out from the heat in the AA
mostly on day one since for some damn reason they didn't turn on the Air conditioner until much later in the day
>>
>tfw exhausted
>tfw starving
>tfw nothing is open and moving my body is a pipe dream

I sent the bf to go see fireworks without me. I was just upsetting him. I did not expect existential despair and a desire for sudoku to come after the end of the con, but here we are.
>>
>>9086824
Maybe rolling+overwhelmed, so they put down their heads for a bit

peaking 2 hard
>>
To G19 from Artist Alley

Thanks for the 2 free pins for my niece and her friends

They really appreciated them. And I did after I had almost no cash cept for some lunch after the con.
>>
Pro:
>japan super live
>battle of the bands
>music and dance in concourse hall all day everyday

Cons:
>linecon wasted most of my time
Fucking shuttle line and concert lines.
>no time for photography, concerts, dancing, and getting fucked up at pool parties
There is literally not enough time!
>>
>>9086961
Should have worn that to the /cgl/ meet instead of a pink shirt imo
>>
>>9086592
Bad
>>
>>9087015
Everyone wanted to anal the Cirno (male)
>>
>>9087009
It was just the bullshit he pulled with the drinks right? Regardless, thanks for trying to fix it.
>>
I'm not sure if this was posted here.

https://twitter.com/_meIRL_/status/749743588142030848

>Rent-a-cops think they are actual cops
>Skinny as fuck AX Staffer

I doubt anyone here has the story on this.
>>
>>9087015
Well, I know one seagull was trying to help handle the situation, but now it looks like they've either blocked me from as their contact or deleted their profile. I don't know. We got this. There's no reason to be upset with him unless you have your own personal reasons.
>>
>>9087036
shit now i wnna know what happened
>>
File: 1420231315899.png (39 KB, 342x355) Image search: [Google]
1420231315899.png
39 KB, 342x355
>>9087009
What happened?
>>
Best open late Chinese food place in Chinatown? Stoned and starving, recommend an anon out
>>
>>9086611
999 thing?
>>
>>9087047
>>9087046
He got cucked by pink shirt dude and tried to steal his drink.
>>
>>9087021
I know that feel, bruh. Sometimes when I go to AX, I get too busy to even eat. I think all I had to eat on day 3 were granola bars. I knocked the fuck out after the dance that night. Now I'm just binge-eating pocky like a depressed fatty.
>>
>>9087046
>>9087047
you had to be there.
>>
>>9086663
Thank you for cosplaying my favorite GoT ship, anon!
>>
>>9086836
I met a really cute Asuna on wheels today, she was really cute but she said he had a boyfriend when I asked for her number, I know she didn't but meh, she was the first girl I've actually ever had the courage to just straight as for her number face to face, so thank you if you're reading this.
>>
>>9087054
let me guess

they either tried to take drinks that weren't theirs or drug someone
>>
>>9086495

>when can we expect a dump of images y'all took?

Soon as I start a load of laundry and sort my phone, I'll commence a dump.

Gotta say first of all, for every day of the convention, I would be wearing a shirt that attracted unexpected attention. The Megalovania shirt and the black V-neck with the arc reactor were a given, but I also had a techno-schematic in the pattern of a pokeball and a Powerline World Tour shirt (from A Goofy Movie), so if any of the gulls here were among the ones that took a photo of a guy with a cool shirt (?), then thank you for that ego boost, it was fun.
>>
>All these cute Asian cosplayers everywhere
>They smile and pose
>Reveal crooked ass teeth doing so

Don't they know what a fucking Dentist is?
>>
File: 1337495004722.jpg (21 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1337495004722.jpg
21 KB, 429x410
I remember going to 2006 AX. I would just walk into premiers and panels like it was nothing. Now I line up an hour before they start and still can't get in.

I guess I might as well still go to next year's. Given the only good thing that happened to me all con was winning a badge for the next one.
>>
>>9087065
>Asians
>Cute
nice joke
>>
>>9087017
People can die from that. What happens then?
>>
>>9087060
I was there and even i don't know what happened.
>>
>>9087009
Thanks Freeman.
I want to still like Dandy because he seems like a cool guy minus the event.
I hope this ends well and we can all hang one day.
>>
>>9087054
Just tell us.
>>
>>9087017
Sounds dumb.
I'm a 300lb hairy fat fuck and stood in line for 3 hours with no fucking shade but didn't pass out.

got burnt though
>>
Was anyone at Little Tokyo during the lock-down?
>>
>>9087068
STFU honky.
>>
>>9087047
>>9087015
>>9087046
We pretty much all promised freeman not to tell.
I know /cgl/ LOVES drama but I don't want a shit storm.
>>
>>9087080
>I have no issue so other people shouldn't either
>>
>>9086611
Are you talking about the girl convincing people that 999 is the best Visual novel on the 3DS? If so that is a fact and not a prank.
>>
>>9087089
Maybe people shouldn't be retarded as fuck and not drink any water.
>>
>>9087050
>>9087092
The 999 room at the hotel.
>>
>>9087080
Considering that a good chunk of AA artists are girls that are much smaller than you and that they're stuck in there for 6-8 hours, it don't know why it doesn't sound plausible to you that they would pass out from heat.
>>
File: IMG_7323.jpg (183 KB, 1593x896) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7323.jpg
183 KB, 1593x896
>>9086754
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>9087060
They tried drug pink shirt guy's gf's little brothers drink twice but the little brother actually had that anticreeper nail polish on and busted him. Before getting kicked out of the party he tried stealing the squeeky pink dolphin's drink and all hell broke loose. Don't worry though the oilled up cat girl squirted all of the extra oil on the floor and everyone flocked to him and gave him what he deserved.
>>
>>9087080
>has enough fat saved to go weeks without food
>doesn't understand why others can't
>>
>>9087094
AA and exhibit hall were both disappointing IMO. Some of the panels were really good. Partying with my cross boarder buddies was fun, and meeting pink shirt guy was the highlight of last night
>>
>>9087105
Sounds like they should have got some food and water then. I don't see how that excuses them for being retarded.
>>
>>9086836
Nurse sakuya and nurse Remilia wished I got their number and insta but they seemed spaced out
>>
>>9087104
Related, we went through eight bottles of baby oil :|
>>
>>9087092
The part where you needed to register weeks in advance to play the escape room.
Extremely sad bois about it.
>>
>>9087041
>>9087077
To be honest, I don't understand why anyone wants to be cool with dandy/cirno. He did it on purpose, and you guys are being pushovers by trying to be nice about it. You're a cool guy freeman, but that guys a faggot.
>>
who got pics of tasha and doremi? They make me harder than diamonds.
>>
>>9087021
Just a friendly reminder that I hope you don't want to kill yourself via a numbers puzzle but seppuku yourself samurai style suicide instead
>>
>>9087122
Did what on purpose?
>>
>>9087128
He beat up pink shirt guy
>>
>>9087130
I don't think there is any way to not beat someone up on purpose.
>>
>>9087130
Pink shirt guy was a faggot, who cares.
>>
It was fun, lots of cute girls and my feet were sore most of the time.
Not sure if I wanna cosplay though.
Next time I'll do a better job at socializing though, I got the hang of it on the last day.
>>
I met some cool people I follow on YouTube and Instagram. This year was a pretty star-struck year for me. It was a little disappointing walking around the dealer's hall alone but, I got to buy whatever I wanted to buy on my own time. My friends and I all sorta did our own thing this year.
>>
>>9087133
I'm going to cosplay next year so I can fuck more girls in cosplay.
>>
NAME AND SHAME
>>
Were there parties after they closed things at 6pm?
Friends and I just went back to the hotel.
>>
>>9087009
Stop vague posting and just say what the fucker did. You trying to hide it proves that the fucker is dick face and you are only being a cuck to avoid drama.
>>
Are you guys talking about the Cirno with the stains on the dress?
>>
I watched that cringy meet up at a distance. It was such an autistic sausagefest.The only cute girl was the Remilia. All the other ones were fucking landwhales. What happened to /cgl/ being full of hot chicks?
>>
>>9087041
there is every reason to be upset with him. this sounds like major shit everyone else needs to know.
>>
Can you faggots stop being cucks and just say what these people did?
>>
File: 1467415486858.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467415486858.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>tfw you linked arms with a girl this AX
>>
File: 1348990042953.gif (568 KB, 240x291) Image search: [Google]
1348990042953.gif
568 KB, 240x291
>>9087148
>hot chicks
>ever
>>
>>9087148
>The only cute girl was the Remilia
Almost fell for it until this part
>>
>That one drunk slightly auts guy from ALA who got a cute gf
What is your excuse /cgl/?

>>9087151
>Breaking a promise to Freeman
>>
>>9087155
im ugly and i cant even talk to people drunk
>>
File: Untitled.png (42 KB, 533x738) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42 KB, 533x738
Found this small rant on Facebook today
What does /cgl/ think?
>>
>>9087155
5'9"
Only talks about games/anime/movies/memes/job.
White.
Skinny fat.
>>
>>9087152
what
>>
>>9087155
being /fit/ doesn't mean it'll fix my face. but i'm glad i didn't get /fit/ for relationships though because i would have stopped long ago.
>>
>>9086994
It's a pretty nice con that kinda reminds me of ALA before it got big. It has decent panels and had a really sweet stage set up for bands. The cosplay isn't too crazy it's more of a laid back.
>>
>>9086994
AC, at least year 1, was pretty much a party con and it was great
>>
File: IMG_4549.jpg (109 KB, 641x772) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4549.jpg
109 KB, 641x772
Kudos To the sexy Cosplayers that came this weekend
>>
So is anyone actually seriously staying in contact with anyone from the meets? Or are you more just spontaneous?
>>
File: ax 2017.jpg (35 KB, 587x197) Image search: [Google]
ax 2017.jpg
35 KB, 587x197
Preview night?
>>
>>9087189
>Anime Expo taking things from Comic Con

What's next? RFID badges?
>>
>>9087187
I friended some people and will see how it goes.
>>
>>9087170
Don't know if you are him but the /fit/ guy from the meet up at the Westin looked pretty nice.
>>
You know what's the most worthless concept that AX came up with this year? The Safe Spaces. What a fucking waste of money and resources to set those up.
>>
>>9087197
End this pink shirt meme.
>>
>>9087187
I met a couple people that I hope to keep in contact with, already have plans to meet at a future con
>>
>>9086836
Saw this adorable girl, asked her what she cosplayed as, turned out to be luluco. I was exiting and had to catch up with my friends but she was the most adorable thing I saw all weekend.
>>
File: sendai2.png (329 KB, 397x397) Image search: [Google]
sendai2.png
329 KB, 397x397
>>9086724
I had to leave monday morning so I deffo couldn't have gotten completely shitfaced like I did on saturday. It was fun tho. Just chill for a while talking and seeping in the con air.

Wish I did more partying on Friday, though. All I did was do some shit with a cute Kratos cosplayer and they dragged me to the rave. Zuikaku wig + dancing = didn't last very long :(( and that shit takes forever to put on. So I just went home.

But if I'm gonna be completely shitfaced on a day, I'd rather be in my Sendai outfit anyway. YASEN BAKA
>>
>>9087187
I've got a couple people I would like to stay in touch with! I know I can be pretty excitable at times though and I hope that it didn't overwhelm them.
>>
>>9087159
Getting closer and closer to comiket which isn't a bad thing.
>>
File: IMG_0916.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0916.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1334
tfw you met a qt but forgot to ask her for twitter
>>
>>9087080
Except outside has air circulation? We were in a parking garage with no ventilation. I was literally wearing shorts and a tank top on Day 2 and still felt dizzy and short of breath. Most of us are in there from 8-9 AM until 6 PM. Didn't matter how much water we drank, the heat was not safe.
>>
>>9087228
It was fine.

>>9087226
>qt
>fat
>>
>>9086893
Is that in Vegas??

HMM
>>
>>9087228
There was air conditioning every day, I never once felt like it was too hot indoors or outdoors
>>
>>9087232
fat?
That girl looks the good kinda curvy.
>>
>>9087092
Well, I wasn't saying it was the best since I haven't played a bunch of visual novels, but I was definitely super hyped. I had so many good experiences because of all the 999 at this con. I don't think I would have enjoyed AX as much if I didn't bring my Clover cosplay, honestly.

I'm glad you agree, though!
>>
File: 1462328754169.jpg (203 KB, 962x1372) Image search: [Google]
1462328754169.jpg
203 KB, 962x1372
>>9087148
>girl

Fooled me
>>
>>9087235
nice joke
>>
>>9087233
Yeah but I don't think I can make it at this rate.
>>
>>9087159
I understand it. I disagree (it might be the female bathroom lines were worse), but some things like not showering, or having a schedule are like.. This is a Captial class anime con. You do not go in without some sort of plan. I came to see love live and take photoshoots, and hang out with friends, and I planed my schedule. There were plenty of water fountains so you would not die. I understand and agree with the Disney a analogy though.
>>
>>9086969
i never thought they'd actually let us through with like 10 bags LOL
>>
>>9087223
boys can't love other boys
it's forbidden love
>>
>>9087236
I don't understand why you didnt come to the better meetup on sunday? why choose to hangout with the people the rest of us intentionally avoided?

we knew they weren't right from the saturday meetup
>>
>>9087234
There was not any air conditioning in the AA on Friday.
>>
>>9087254
>m-muh inner circle
>>
File: 20160701_1058202.jpg (3 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1058202.jpg
3 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087062

Okay, here we go.

Do you all mind a few reposts from a past thread?
>>
>>9087228
It was horrible. I nearly passed out as well. Especially on Friday. Things seemed to get better on Saturday, but then got worse as the day got on.
>>
>>9087258
Oh you're probably right, I forgot that I didn't go there until the end of the day when it was empty
>>
>>9087258
I felt like I was getting heat stroke at one point in there in the midst of all those people
>>
File: 20160701_1100152.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1100152.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087261
>>
Some of you are shallow and petty.
Hope you ebjoyed the con ib sone form or another, though
>>
>>9087226
>wanted to find a Galko cosplayer
>never could
>>
>>9087260
You say that but you clearly didnt meet them
>>
>>9087254
What are you talking about? Explain.
>>
File: unknown (1).png (735 KB, 645x637) Image search: [Google]
unknown (1).png
735 KB, 645x637
>>9087272
I found at least 4, but none of them came close to this one. She was also really nice.

bonus selfie in case she browses /cgl/
>>
File: 20160701_1101092.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1101092.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087268
>>
File: 20160701_1102222.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1102222.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087278
>>
>>9087265
i got heat stroke just looking at these photos
>>
File: 20160701_1106532.jpg (3 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1106532.jpg
3 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087280
>>
>>9087280
Martial Arts Hero Tailman! Missed my chance to get a picture because I only saw her in AA
>>
>>9087258
luckily I entered AA that day with 2 large bottles of water. Felt sorry for the people working there
>>
File: 20160701_1110032.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1110032.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087286
>>
>>9087274
There was no "regular" meetup supposed to happen on Sunday, at the friday and saturday meetups we already found everyone worthwhile for inviting to meetups and parties in the future.

That the leftovers and losers that weren't meant to come to meetups actually organized something is surprising
>>
>>9087276
you were that group of manlets with the top nep hats?
>>
File: yelling.gif (47 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
yelling.gif
47 KB, 150x150
>>9087159
>people complaining about how much time they spend waiting in line
>people complaining about AX being less and less of a "social" con or whatever
Did any of you dumb weebs ever stop to consider that you could try talking to all these people also just sitting and waiting in line right there next you [spoiler]tfw pretty much everyone I tried chatting with in lines treated me like I had the fucking plague or something ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>9087253
im an equal opportunity lover
>>
>>9087299
The only people I was hanging out with was industry people, and none of them had hats

I don't want to be with anyone who unironically bought this hat.
>>
File: 20160701_1113532.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1113532.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087293
>>
File: 20160701_1115482.jpg (3 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1115482.jpg
3 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087307
>>
>>9087297
Shallow and insecure desu
>>
>>9087236
I was the black shirt dude that bummed a smoke off of you.

I will never understand shit like >>9087254

Sunday was a chill meet it was fun to just shoot the shit
>>
>>9087148
>>9087154
>>9087238
Pics please
>>
File: 20160701_1125152.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1125152.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087311
>>
>>9087305
Oh. there was a group of them tiny asians wearing that hat in day 1 or day 2(I forgot)? I cringed hard.
>>
>>9087236
Saya no Uta, Higurashi, Umineko and Danganronpa are all pretty good VN in the same realm.

For games, The World Ends with You, Hotel Dusk and the Siren series are entertaining.

>>9087236
My friend didn't know about the other meetup I guess and I never went on this board at all really until this con. I just scan over some threads -extremely- rarely but since I came here, I was interested.
>>
File: 20160701_1117062.jpg (1 MB, 3024x2268) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1117062.jpg
1 MB, 3024x2268
>>9087315
>>
>>9087236
hope my coat kept you warm enough~
>>
>>9087316
Sounds like the booth? I dunno. I didn't really see many people with the hat.
>>
File: 20160701_1119582.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1119582.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087319
>>
>>9087254
>/cgl/ once again confirms that most of their users have not mentally left high school
>>
>>9087321
Nah it wasn't a booth. They weren't near the exhibit hall and they looked like regular attendees.
>>
File: 1446325093005.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446325093005.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
I had a great time with you gulls even though it was one night. As a long time lurker and occasional shitposter it's still fun meeting with all you.

> did everything I wanted to do
> expected the other stuff I wasnt able to attend
> hung out with Asian check post battle band seagull meet up
> is set to fly up north in 2 weeks
>mfw
>>
File: 20160701_1126382.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1126382.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087324
>>
>>9087254
Who is this bitch?
>>
File: 20160701_1128572.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1128572.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087329
>>
>>9087254
Kek, I am happy I went to the "Worse" meet up. I met 4 really cool people instead of the same people I hang out with every gathering.
>>
>>9087300
>treated you like you had the plague
Idk... did you?
>>
>>9087326
>being an old person
why are they even here lmao
>>
File: IMG_0915.jpg (383 KB, 2048x1374) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0915.jpg
383 KB, 2048x1374
>>9087327
I didn't see anything like that, thankfully.

The most cringe I had to deal with was the opening ceremony and the galgun panel tho.
>>
File: 20160701_1136512.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1136512.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087331
>>
>>9087328
Meant to clarify go up north to meet her at a concert in 2 weeks

Man I'm too tired.
>>
File: 20160701_1143032.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160701_1143032.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
>>9087338
>>
>>9087254
I didn't know there was a better meetup! I didn't talk much to the people I didn't care for, so it wasn't too big of a deal.
>>
>>9087332
....you must have really low standards to consider those people 'cool'
>>
>>9087344
And you're better than them how?
>>
>>9087344
This. I went to the pink shirt guy meet up and it was great.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.