[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conventions in Germany
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: 1459830318440.png (596 KB, 928x1066) Image search: [Google]
1459830318440.png
596 KB, 928x1066
Are some german /cgl/s besides dustin here?
I'll attend Tropicon, it will have its premiere this year at the 13th August.
Maybe some seagulls can meet there.
>>
Another german seagull here. I will probably be too busy with gamescom at that time.

But if you wanto to meet there, feel free to join us at the cosplay village!
>>
>>9086164
Do you come in cosplay? I feel uncomfortable in anime cosplays, since Gamescom is so big and mainly about games.
>>
>>9086203
it's alright. Anime cosplays are welcome there, too.

But remember it is a huge event and heavily crowded. Better choose your cosplay accordingly.
>>
>>9086216
I know, I know, I also attend on Wednesday since I have a special pass and since my cosplay possibilities are limited I rather won't come in one.
>>
Austrian here but I think of going to a german con this year. Is there a specific con thats recommended? Only ever heard about Connichi
>>
>>9086241
Connichi, Animagic and Dokomi are the 3 biggest ones, they are also really good. From 29th to 31th July there will be the Animagic in Bonn it is pretty decent, but the most expensive one. A 3 days pass costs ~80€ if I remember correctly.
>>
Question here about the AnimagiC: I haven't been in years and I never really understood this outdoor area, do you need a ticket for it and how interesting is the con for lolitas?
>>
>>9086271
Conventions in Germany are not that suited for Lolitas, but you always see some walking around.
Yea, there are outdoor tickets and you can only buy them at the box office. The thing is I don't know if they sell everything on Friday morning, or keep some tickets for the other days since the preorder is already sold out and they just have low stock of the box office tickets. I hope you understand my english.
>>
>>9086203
>>9086216
>Better choose your cosplay accordingly.

If you want to visit GamesCom in cosplay, you should either consider to use them outdoor only, if they are quite large and need more space than let's say a simple uniform or pick something less space-filling and easier to move in to be able to change areas without problems. Also consider that the exibition halls are badly ventilated and can get as hot as outside. So you also want to chose a cosplay that you are comfortable with on warmer days.
>>
>>9086241
DoKomi and Connichi are the best and (imo) most popular ones.

Animagic has lost it's magic in many areas. Most people just hang around outside, I doubt the ticket price is still worth it.

Next one would be Connichi in september, which is always fun. They have a very nice location.

DoKomi is always in may / june. They have a huge park nearby which is great for cosplay shooting, Düsseldorf is known for it's japanese infrastructure (awesome japanese restaurants, the best you can find in the country) and the convention itself has grown to a quite impressive size. I personally love the big artist alley.

There are many smaller conventions as well though, which can be fun.
>>
>>9086489
Animagic is dead. Sadly!
This convention was Germany's biggest convention and the time in Koblenz was awesome. I really miss the good old Animagic time... yeah, oldfag here.
>>
>>9086489
Probably just gonna go to Connichi becausw its the easiest to travel to as far as I know.

We do have enough small cons here its just that there is only one big one and idk I want more ;_;
>>
>>9086727
True, germany has only two big conventions. (Connichi and Dokomi)
Germany needs more big conventions!

By the way: cosplay is pretty much overrated on german (or general european/western) conventions. I wish the doujinshi/artist scene is bigger on german conventions.
>>
>>9086890
>cosplay is pretty much overrated on german (or general european/western) conventions
Why do you think that? I see many good german cosplayers or german facebook cosplayer pages who are trying their best and are also relatively successful
>>
>>9086890
Man you should see the austrian cosplayers haha
We have like 3 or 4 that are good and really put work in their cosplays and the others just cosplay whatevers hyped atm and they all look like shit
>>
>>9087792
So. True.
I'm not a cosplayer, but a lolita, but I enjoy looking at good cosplay a lot. Unfortunately that's pretty impossible to find in Austria and the cosplay competitions are the biggest cringe fests imaginable. But hey, that has some appeal as well.
>>
>>9087865
Did you attend the Made last weekend?
>>
>>9087905
No, I had to work unfortunately.
>>
Do artists in german artist alleys sell fanart or only original works?
>>
>>9088012
it's mixed

>>9086890
DoKomi posted on their facebook page, that they plan to engage more in the doujinji area. They seemed to have partnered up with Comiket / IOEA for this, so I'm really curious on how this will turn out.
>>
>>9088012
Mixed. I want more fanart stuff! But on german conventions are mostly fujoshi series. (Yaoi and gay-shit... lol)

>>9088078
Comiket? Sounds awesome! Dokomi needs japanese doujin-artists and more non-fujoshi artists would be wonderful.
>>
>>9088012
mostly original, fanart is pretty frowned upon especially in the artist community
>>
Maybe someone in here will be able to answer. For the Lolita tea party in Berlin this month, do VIP get photos/interactions/autographs with the guests or does everyone/anyone? I've only attended an event outside of Germany with Akira and everyone got to take a photo with her and got her autograph.
>>
>>9087998
Man the competition was a piece of shit let me tell you
I think about half of the entrys were reeeeally bad Undertale cosplays
The only redeeming factor was some qt lil girl
>>
>>9088122
WTF? Why? Japanese artists do mostly fanart. And many fanarts are fucking awesome.

I don't like the "OC" shit in german artist communities.
>>
>>9088156
Because people buy your shit because of your art instead of your skills, it's like riding a bandwagon, because you're not good enough on your own.
Also, copyright issues are pretry annoying. I prefer to buy original art, I feel weird buying non-official art and merch.
>>
>>9088155
ugh so just like expected. I guess about 2 love life groups too, with horrible dancing?

Why can't we get some good cosplayers? There are so many crafty, talented people in Austria, but all of them seem to stay the fuck away from cosplay.
>>
>>9088210
>I prefer to buy original art, I feel weird buying non-official art and merch.
What is when I want ecchi and hentai stuff?
And some artist draw the topic/characters more pretty than the original mangaka. lol
>>
>>9088217
Well it's still technically illegal and profiting of somebody else's work. And most artists already draw this stuff for their tumblrs/patreons. You are not entitled to get non-official art. I'm actually really happy about the strict guidelines in Germany and the mentality about selling fanart. We have some self-respect. It's not like germans don't draw fanart, we do, but we don't sell them like we own anything about it.
>>
>>9088215
Surprisingly not

Yea if they participate in competitions in Austria its at Aninite as far as I know
>>
>>9088239
Tell this to all japanese doujin-artists. lol

Why is Germany such a moralfag country?
>>
>>9088271
Because it is elitist. Suck it up. "lol".
>>
>>9088271
Elitist shitters. That's why.
t. A german
>>
>>9086128

TropiCon event Info:
facebook dot com slash events slash 1039905006075077

Will attend the con too. Entrance fee is only 5€, so there isn't much that can be done wrong here considering you are living somewhere near Duisburg and can commute for free.
>>
Anyone Going to Cosday This Weekend?
>>
Serious question, where does all the drama happen? One would think there's a lot because of the sheer amount of elitism AND delusional weebs.
>>
>>9095601

Guess it mainly happens on the usual social media platforms (FB, twitter, tumblr) and probably on Animexx too. It's just not as public as drama in other countries since we lack the participation of gerfags on /cgl/. Just look across the border to our neighbors in the west aka Dutch Thread and see how much shit gets dug up.

So once you find the right groups for EGA/Cosplay/Fandom on said media platforms, you will surely find the drama you are craving for.
>>
>>9095628

Care to share any platforms?

Since animexx went down to the shitter it all scattered so far trough the web I found it hard to connect back to the smaller communities.
>>
>>9097744
>Care to share any platforms?

I'm not part of any groups, so I can't really help you out there. Just look around on Facebook for any local groups. Oftentimes the old animexx groups have a follow up link left behind for those interested in social groups, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.
Still I can only talk for Lolita groups since it's the only kind of group that I was interested in. Didn't join any groups on FB though since it mostly requires you to have visible Lolita interest in your profile and I strictly want to keep Lolita and personal profile separated.

>it all scattered so far trough the web I found it hard to connect back to the smaller communities

Right and wrong. You won't find a similar platform like Animexx where you will have all groups under one roof and easy access to them since the known social media platforms are often used as a replacement for classic style boards/forums, btu in like 80-90% you will find them again on Facebook for sure. You will atleast find something like "Bundesland X cosplay/lolita/etc.. " groups. From there on you can work your way to the smaller groups.
>>
Why is Animexx so dead? I prefer Animexx than Facebook-shit. I know, Animexx sucks in some things too but Facebook is the bigger shit.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.