[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twitch Cosplay Contest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 576afeb922c30-cosplaybanner.jpg (581 KB, 1400x700) Image search: [Google]
576afeb922c30-cosplaybanner.jpg
581 KB, 1400x700
Why isn't there a thread about this yet? Can I just not find it?

Thoughts?
Anyone here going to enter?
>>
I can't wait to witness the drama this is going to cause. I really hope some kick as creators join this and wreck all the worbla boob armor I am already seeing entering.
>>
Whats going on? Info?
>>
>>9072596
You stream your costume progress, then enter the finished costume.
>>
>>9072535
I'm just waiting for someone to not read the rules and get pissy about wasting their time on a licensed character cosplay.
>>
>>9073003
So they are only allowing peoples OCs unless you are able to get permission from a company like blizzard?
>>
>>9073008
It says "Original Costumes"
So I think even with permission it wouldnt be allowed? Not totally sure. I'm going to enter an OC since I was planning on making her anyways but I wish I could do a bigger grander costume.
>>
>>9073003
Considering the entry form mentions an example cosplay of The Joker from Batman, I think you're mistaken. Why would they call it a COSPLAY contest if you're not allowed to portray a specific character?
>>
>>9072504
What's with the fucking Tumblr noses
>>
>>9073119
Thats what I was thinking but I guess the Original Costume Line threw me off? I'll have to read the rules again.
>>
>>9073119
So 'original' must mean "A new cosplay for Twitch Con"?
>>
>>9073146
they got the con flu
>>
File: 20160627_142642.png (279 KB, 1440x869) Image search: [Google]
20160627_142642.png
279 KB, 1440x869
So obviously I misunderstood original work to mean OC, when it really means make the fucking costume yourself. I feel stupid now. I'm glad this means I can work on my upcoming cosplay then instead of a special project.
>>
Any WIPs?
>>
>>9072925
Do you have to stream every second of the creation? Or can you do some of it off stream?
>>
>>9073330
I did the exact same thing, anon.
I'm still worried about it though, since the wording really seems to indicate that licensed characters aren't allowed, what with that permissions line.
>>
>>9073669
you need to stream at least 15 hours of creation from the looks of it
>>
>>9073157
they probably meant you making the costume, ie not buying it from taobao or commissioning someone
>>
I'm guessing only the people who are talented are gonna enter?
My Junkrat cosplay is abyssmal so I may not be able to enter
>>
>>9073685
It means you can't take someones spoonflower design and use it, or someone's comissioned props, etc.
They would have mentioned characters if it was about characters
>>
I'm just sad its only for people in the USA. I'm in the UK and this would literally be the best contest for me to enter but alas
>>
>>9074294
Since the prize is being flown to twitchcon they probably didn't want to pay for international flights.
>>
>>9073330
No, it even mentions you need the permission of the license holder for the likeness. So for the Joker, you'd need to contact DC and ask if you can work on a cosplay of the Joker for the Twitch contest. I mention the Twitch contest, because it's you attempting to profit of their work by winning a contest, which is different from just wearing it for a photo shoot or a con
>>
File: image.jpg (271 KB, 1241x1318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271 KB, 1241x1318
I sent in an email asking about the "original work" line and this was the response.
>>
>>9077125
I got the exact same email.

Anyone know the legality of cosplaying a non-OC "under all relevant laws"?

This seems dumb? Who wants to watch a contest full of shitty OCs?
>>
>>9077301
I don't think they want a bunch of OCs they're just covering their asses over potential legal whatevers by pushing the liability onto the users
>>
>>9077391
It seems like to me that they aren't even going to ask. They didn't make it very clear and I've mostly seen people working on licensed characters and I doubt the girl working on Disney's Rapunzel for the contest got Disney's permission
>>
This seems like a really great opportunity for people with intricate OC's, which is pretty rare.
>>
>>9077301
The rights holders can sue you. So if you made a comic book version of Cyclops, then Marvel could sue you, if you won something and didn't have their permission. Make more of a shit show, make a movie version of Cyclops and then Marvel and Fox could sue you, separately.
>>
Well, I sent a message to Irrational games asking permission to cosplay from Bioshock. I didn't know what to say and it seemed so weird?
I just asked if I could use their character to enter a cosplay contest on twitch....but honestly if they say no I'm still going to make it and then just enter it locally.

Like I didn't ask Nintendo for permission to cosplay Zelda and I won a bunch of prizes at so....? Guess I'm going to jail.
>>
>>9077391
damn twitch. that is shitty.
>>
>>9077904
They won't sure because they aren't gonna get any significant amount of money from hobbyist millenials.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.