[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jafax Reboot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Anyone go this year? Heard not so good things.
>>
Pretty shitty as a vendor. It'll take them a year or two more to bounce back. Should have capped it at GVSU, charged 5 bucks a badge, kept it 2 day, and donated proceeds or something. Jafax was a success due to its unique venue and nostalgic feel. Now it's just another poorly ran Michigan con.
>>
>>9071686

Feels bad man. GVSU was such a fun place to have a con. Hope they can bounce back next year and not wind up as another Godaiko.
>>
>>9071820

I will say this, even if it needs a year or two to bounce back I much prefer having Jafax back as my #2 MI con (Youma #1) over Shutocon. Stefanie Shall ruined that convention for me this year. Her bullying disguised as SJW'ing really tarnished her reputation this year imo.

Jafax wasn't as great as it had been but I'll keep attending it since it's in MI. There's too much experience within the con itself to go the path of GoDaikocon.
>>
>>9071988

I agree with you on Shutocon. It used to be such a fun con and Stefanie has let go downhill with her sjw pandering. And don't get me started on her failed video game conversation.
>>
>>9072117

Autographs reply got ya. Convention *

Agreed. She literally failed a business venture and begged for money from fans to cover her losses over go fund me. Her and her crazy ass husband have a hugely negative reputation in the anime con community now. The best part? They're in 100 percent denial about everything. They blame everyone else for their own stupidity.
>>
>>9073058

Haha, got me too, Auto *.
>>
The university wouldn't allow it another year, too many buildings, too many kids walking walking around.
>>
>>9073667

Well aware why they moved, simply stating that's a big part of their decline. It was a very nostalgic location and a lot of people chose not to return simple for the lack of returning to GVSU.
>>
The attendance looked sparse especially with that huge space, it seemed like it lacked a central area where you could go and walk around and just see lots of people. The panels I went to were a lot of fun though, and the dealers had a really good variety and a lot more than I was expecting. The hotel was super nice but all the weddings were annoying to navigate around.

>>9071988
>>9072117
What happened with the Shutocon people? I didn't make it this year but I thought it was usually pretty decent?
>>
>>9074845

I still had a good time at Shuto this year but I can't deny that the tumblr influence is getting out of hand. You can blame Stefanie for that one.
>>
>>9077541
Stefanie is without a doubt the biggest tumblr-tier SJW and her husband has no voice or opinion to speak of, he just does what she tells him to do. Her focuses are far too tied to her own and not what is actually popular with people. Having the con be closed and capping attendance will only choke and kill her con.
>>
>>9080393

I heard attendance was slightly down this year. Surprise surprise.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.