[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cammy cosplay was forced to cover up at a convention cause a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: mwIj3Qt.jpg (197 KB, 750x1105) Image search: [Google]
mwIj3Qt.jpg
197 KB, 750x1105
Cammy cosplay was forced to cover up at a convention cause a random group of Smash Bros fans reported her to con ops for being too revealing. Was given the ultimatum of cover up or be removed from the con.

This is the future of conventions now, if you plan on doing any revealing cosplay at AX I'd suggest doing a photoshoot away from the convention as to avoid getting reported. I think this will become a big issue for small cons but too hard to control for large cons.
>>
>>9070783
Cammy is pretty revealing but don't most cons have a age restriction like 14+ ? Plus fu for bringing your children to a cosplay convention. Cosplay is serious business not a fun carnival for children, duh
>>
>>9070783
>LEGS

Yeah... no. You know that's not what Cammy is known for.
>>
People like her take the risks then get pissy when they're told to cover. Boohoo
>>
File: 1462751852464.jpg (161 KB, 762x900) Image search: [Google]
1462751852464.jpg
161 KB, 762x900
>>9070783
>This is the future of conventions now

actually this was the past for cons. this is how it WAS, there was clothing guidelines and staff on hand to tell people to cover up. THEN cons backed off to let all the girls complaining that they couldn't "express" themselves through revealing cosplay do their thing. and now you have girls walking around with electrical tape over their nipples, not wearing thongs for the sake of no pantylines with only a small cloth covering, and passing colored in torn-up dollar store undies as cosplay.

maybe now things will go back to how they were. with rules for public decency getting put back in place.
>>
>>9070783
I understand people being bothered with maybe ryuko since one wrong movement and your nipple is out. But I don't see any thing wrong with cammy even with the ass floss unitard. It's pretty covering.
>>
>>9070783

Does no one remember having to check your yoko shorts to make sure they complied with the outlines provided by cons back in the day?
>>
>>9070788
But she's more covered them most women are on regular television. All that's really of question is the thong in her ass.
>>
File: 143340041.jpg (519 KB, 1024x702) Image search: [Google]
143340041.jpg
519 KB, 1024x702
>>9070796
>there was clothing guidelines
At what fucking con?
What fucking con EVER needed clothing guidlines prior to 1999?
Name one. Show the written guidelines. Pro-tip: You can't, because you're full of shit.
>>
>>9070783
I don't really see a problem in cosplaying revealing stuff because it's been done before, but her bitching of the whole situation is what grinds my gears.

>Tramautized if they see legs
Yeah, because I'm sure it was only your legs showing in a Cammy cosplay.

>too much jelly
>middle finger photo

Girl sit your ass down...
>>
>>9070802
I have seen one convention say that breasts must be cover from the side, middle, and underside before 9 pm. It also said that men in cosplays that reveal too much without a modesty cover will be asked to change or leave. But this was all before 9 pm. I can't remember what convention it was though.
>>
>>9070799
>>9070804
Its SF5 Cammy, significantly less ass floss
>>
>>9070804
Being told you aren't allowed to wear a reasonably tame costume compared to some other popular ones like Shimakaze because a couple of 14 year old Smash Kids said you can't wear that is reason for butthurt

Hence she's blaming who reported her not the con staff.
>>
>>9070804
>>9070796
>>9070794
>>9070789

This is at a large poolside hotel in Florida

Other girls are wearing much less at the same venue but not being told to cover up. Its actually pretty ridiculous they asked her to wear pants but not the any of the other girls there
>>
File: pope-swimsuit1.jpg (73 KB, 391x669) Image search: [Google]
pope-swimsuit1.jpg
73 KB, 391x669
>>9070789
> not what Cammy is known for
Did the con explicitly list Cammy as a character not to be cosplayed? In writing. Beforehand.

Cosplayers put fucking time, effort and money into their outfits. They give their time and dedication to the con, which basically gets photoshoots and publicity for free.
That some triggered landwhale can shriek a complaint and have someone who put actual effort in basically kicked is a travesty.

Was the costume accurate to the character? Was the character on a ban list? If the answers are Yes and No, the con has no basis for pandering to catholics, tumblrinas, or ISIS.

>>9070809
> I can't remember what convention
Probably the Papal conclave or something, but we're talking about geek cons faggot.
>>
>Smash Bros

They weren't offended
They were either too distracted they can't play (this is a thing)
Or she wouldn't fuck them so they went all passive aggressive and tried to have her removed.
>>
>>9070818
the con is actually a huge fighting game focused one. She was not the only Cammy cosplayer there but the only one asked to cover up.

There are also girls in more revealing cosplay there (pic related) but also nothing is being done about them.

I smell she was reported over a vendetta
>>
>>9070818
>landwhale
Yeah now I know you're just some gg idiot.

Dress reasonably or don't come to cons at all. I hope cons start doing something about all the Ryuko cosplayers that have taken hold as well.
>>
Yeah all signs of this situation point to butthurt smash kid that got mad when the cosplayer wouldn't suck his dick or something so he went passive aggressive
>>
>>9070834
>thinking landwhale is some hot new meme
>not as old as time itself

Step it up sempai.
>>
>>9070842
Stay salty for not upholding common decency and getting punished for it, sweetie.
>>
>>9070848
>common decency
>cosplay
pick 1
>>
>>9070848
Is this a meme? Its clearly a vendetta if other girls are cosplaying Cammy or wearing more revealing outfits but no one is reporting them.

There's a girl wearing a Sumo fundoshi here cosplaying E.Honda and no one told her to cover up.
>>
>>9070809
That was Phoenix comic con 2015. The rule was never enforced but they did warn the cosplay guests to not wear certain cosplays till certain hours.
>>
File: more shatner.jpg (92 KB, 510x585) Image search: [Google]
more shatner.jpg
92 KB, 510x585
>>9070860
>Phoenix comic con 2015.
I'd believe it, but my question was cons prior to 1999.
Fuck it I'll make it easier, 2005. One con before 2005 with a written dress guidelines.
This dress code shit is a recent development.
>>
>>9070844
Go away you fedora wearing MRA shittler
>>
>>9070880
Stop falseflagging, you GG neckbeard MGTOW.
>>
Future of conventions?

Iunno about you but conventions have only gotten slutier with time.

I'm not complaining but lol come on this isn't some big convention
>>
>>9070783
so whiny

Got what she deserved, desu
>>
>>9070880 >>9070887
It's cool if you guys are totally unable to provide the clothing guidlines I requested. It just proves my point.
>>
>>9070892
and more and more 190lbs uggos are slutshaming
>>
>>9070875
Well it's a different crowd now at cons then it was before 2005. Geek culture is the current fad and really popular in mainstream society. Also the people who are now attending where all born post 1995 and started school with the bush administration. So education hit a hard wall and no one learned shit about social issues other then the lies they never fact checked. Then with social media being a way to spew false info in the last ten years and tumblr taking over the youth and making every one offended that others are offended you sneezed. I'm not shocked that conventions have adapted this mentality to please the new generations and not be attacked on the Internet for some dumb claim of offensive conduct. It's really easy to get a wall of supporters for your cause now then it was before. And you simply need to cover your ass (pun not intended) just to protect yourself from social media suicide. But the pervs and creeps at cons did rise when attendance rose. So I understand making changes to protect others in the aspect of safety. But this being offended shit is what's really killing a lot of the fun of cons.
>>
>>9070880
>If I throw out enough buzzwords maybe one will stick!
>>
>>9070783
Yeah, I've seen much more revealing cosplays than this. I do agree that their should be some rules but not to the point where it hinders cosplayers. imo, she looks fine. I know a lot of people wear tights with cosplays like Cammy now because of the rules. To me, it's a bit extreme. So long as you're not flashing/scarring people, I think it's fine.
>>
Don't know if there's a butt picture around, but here's one from the front.

It's a bit... Thin, but worth removal over when many other costumes are just as bad if not more revealing? Someone had a bone to pick with the cosplayer, methinks.
>>
>>9070898
Anti-slutshaming is one of the most annoying things in current con culture.

Sorry that you can only get attention when you're half-naked. All us more sensible cosplayers that still manage to look pretty, with taste, will be getting the sweet guys.

Enjoy your creepers and horny teens.
>>
File: 1462223516920.jpg (30 KB, 400x408) Image search: [Google]
1462223516920.jpg
30 KB, 400x408
We all know smash players were babies
:^)
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 640x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 640x602
The rules do say no sexy and keep it pg13. But her cosplay wasn't that bad. I think someone just wanted to piss her off. It worked because she's got her tissue box in hand and is crying all over the place.
>>
>>9070917
Greasy B.O. Loud babies too. The Nintendo lounge at sdcc has the worse smell I have ever whitnessed.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 736x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 736x522
Planning a Makoto Nanaya cosplay, think someone would say something? My chest isn't as big as hers so it's not going to be soooo much cleavage or anything but I am a bit nervous as I was planning to wear her to AWA
>>
>>9070908
You think there are sweet guys at cons? You're fucking delusional. That or you're willing to settle for "ugly enough to be desperate".
>>
>>9070904
>>9070918
I see her outer lips (side pushin' cushion) starting to come out and bulge over/around the strip in the front...
That's a bit much.
For sanitary reasons too I am glad they made her put on pants.
for "people wear less at the beach" they aren't on the beach and I don't want to sit anywhere her crotch has been.
>>
>>9070930
go through with it and order a nun costume off of amazon for like $15, if anyone makes you change just throw it on and carry around some kind of snarky sign.
>>
>>9070930
Sometimes underboob is seemed as more "sexy" than huge cleavage. Hope you can wear it
>>
>>9070918
That is definitely not PG-13
Most all Street Fighter games are rated T for Teen or 14+. As in it's really not PG-13 by literal definition.
>>
>>9070908
So much salt
>>
>>9070908
>anti-slutshaming
>cosplays to get guys

wew
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 600x800
>>9070934
>Throw the "I'm a male you misgendering bastard cis scum" card if they say my boobs are too inappropriate
Because males can be shirtless right?
>>
File: Sister_Jaime_-_Mother_Superior.jpg (20 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Sister_Jaime_-_Mother_Superior.jpg
20 KB, 500x373
> Con cosplay committee in the CURRENT YEAR
>>
this topic is wrothless without a butt shot. for all we know she has a thong back and that's just asking for troubles.
>>
>>9070904
That looks disgusting. It was a rightful call by staff to tell her to put her barely covered clapsnatch away. This is so embarrassingly revealing even for a Cammy cosplay.
>>
>>9070904
her labia is oozing out. Maybe if the crotch part didn't let her privates untuck from beneath it and was a few inches wider it would be OK, but this is... Yeah... Nah...
>>9070824
They are revealing more, but boobs are far more acceptable than vaginas to reveal to the world.
>>
Where's tunamelt-chan when you need her
>>
>>9070979
>her labia
Im thinking this too. She isn't wearing any dance tights and certainly no v-string underwear from the looks of it. One miss step or uncross leg and everyone could see Cammy's toe. Seems like this was probably more the reason to cover up. Not the butt.
>>
>>9070968
From the bunching up on the side of this cosplay, I would not be surprised if she was wearing a normal leotard and just gave herself a wedgie to try to fake the high cut of the leg holes.
>>
>implying thong matters

ORLANDO
FLORIDA

THERE ARE WOMEN WEARING THEM AT THE POOL OF THE SAME VENUE
>>
>>9070937
Its a trend right now. All the celebrities have moved to underboob. Wonder how long this will last now.

>inb4 japan creates an animal themed underwear set that involves underboob now
>cutouts 2 lame now
>>
I'm not sure if these SJW type comments are ironic or if /cgl/ has really fallen that far.

normally I'd say ironic but the calling everything from asking a photo to bumming a cigarette as a COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT issue thats been going on for the past year or so has fueled my suspicions
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 320x320
>>9070991
Someone's feeling edgy
>>
>>9071001
I'm not the one that plans on being half naked for attention
>>
>>9070998
It's a legitimate issue that's been flooded with really annoying people who want to feel like they a part of an important conversation. In an effort to seem like they are a part of the struggle™, they will blow anything out of proportion or make things up to tell their stories and get asspats.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
>>9071003
I like the character, I workout and have a nice body that I think might resemble the character, she's a qt ect ect
Also
>she's in the military academy
I've got a thing for characters in the military
>>
>>9071014
Ive seen a trend in QG cosplays within the past year. Why? She hasn't been super hyped since maybe the early 2000s and even then its not like she was a huge enough hit to be as popular as she is right now. Nothing new has really come out from her either. I feel like SG is an attention whore train like the Dazzler was two years ago. People justr ying to find obscure, unknown female heroes and villains to portray to get attention.
>>
>>9071014
Apparently doing anything for some sort of attention is as bad as murder on /cgl/
>>
>>9071020
>People justr ying to find obscure, unknown female heroes and villains to portray to get attention.
So you're upset that people are trying to find less popular characters to cosplay? Rather than six hundred sonicos, kiritos, asunas, Mikus, Harley Quinns, ect ect?
Okay.
>>
>>9071026
Id rather have an over saturation of people cosplaying anime characters than old 1980s and 1990s comic book characters that actually have unique backstories, but then know nothing about the fucking character.
>>
>>9070983
Even in her posed shot, you can see the flesh of it poking out in the same way it would if she was wearing a too small bra. It's absolutely not appropriate and I am glad they made her put on pants.
If a man was walking out with one of his balls hanging out of his costume I guarantee he would be told to put on clothes. There's a difference between other people's "revealing" costumes, and her crossing a line of what is considered completely innapropriate.
>>
>>9071031
you're moving goalposts. Who's to say squirrel anon doesn't know her character's story?
>>
>>9071031
That's quite narrow minded if you think everyone cosplaying lesser known characters don't know their backstory. Not every one cosplaying lesser known shit is doing it for attention. Just because there are people out there that do doesn't mean that every one who does it knows nothing. I would say it's more common with the overly cosplayed stuff that has more people who don't know what it is then those cosplaying lesser known Characters.
>>
>>9071088
>>9071038
Im not saying everyone. Im saying that in the past year tons of people have been cosplaying SG even though there has barely been anything regarding her in a significant role that has been put out.
>>
>>9071031
You do know blazblue is pretty popular, right?
Go shitpostng elsewhere.
>>
File: laugh.gif (348 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
348 KB, 500x427
>>9071095
>squirrel girl
>blazblue
>not sure if bait
>>
>>9071097
I think anon thinks we are talking about Marvel.
>>
>>9071094
>SG

Squirrel girl? That's not Squirrel girl, dude.
>>
File: cantunsee.jpg (19 KB, 628x476) Image search: [Google]
cantunsee.jpg
19 KB, 628x476
I was in agreement with her that she shouldn't have been asked to cover up until I saw the actual costume (or lack of) under the pants. Yikes. She could have at least worn nude-toned tights.
>>
>>9071114
This!

I was the same and don't see cammy S offensive... Then the pants came off and now I know why.

Also her picture op posted to the left is perfect cock goes where face.
>>
>>9071099
Marvel cosplays are over saturated at this point though. The chances of every dead pool or black widow cosplay being worn by people who have seen more then the movies are very few. Same goes with a lot of the people who cosplay dragon ball cosplays. Not all of them have seen the show/manga but know the god forsaken meme.
>>
File: image.png (981 KB, 1124x1822) Image search: [Google]
image.png
981 KB, 1124x1822
>>9071094
>Squirrel girl
>SG
I wondered what you meant by that. Yeah this isn't Squirrel girl, this is Makoto Nanaya from Blazblue dumbass.
But nice try though.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 578x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 578x580
>>9071003
But I understand why you called me a whore now, because yeah it'd be super obnoxious if I was going as this squirrel girl of yours in an outfit as lewd as Makoto Tachibanas when squirrel girls is so conservative. No hard feelings.
>>
I don't want to be an asshole but nowadays I instantly think of anyone who cosplays Poison or Cammy as an attention whore who hasn't even played the games. Easy mode revealing closet cosplay and a character that's well known and lusted over by neckbeards. Gets the facebook likes just rolling.
>>
File: 1420905426441.jpg (1 MB, 1914x1620) Image search: [Google]
1420905426441.jpg
1 MB, 1914x1620
>>9070783
i wonder if it'd be okay to wear skin colored underwear under the Cammy cosplay
>>
>>9071114
>>9071119
I was there, she clearly was wearing nude toned tights. No Cammy cosplayer would not wear them.

There was also a girl dressed as E Honda wearing a fundoshi and a towel which is way more revealing but no one said shit to her.

Everything looks like it was some kid's vendetta
>>
>>9071168
Argument invalid, this is at CEO and she shows up to all the CEO monthlies.
>>
>>9070783
>doesn't want to wear pants in 95 degree weather
>meanwhile men wear pants daily

If a guy was showing off his bare ass like she was he'd be arrested and put on a sex offenders list.
>>
>>9071168
because everyone has cammy's leotard in their closet
>>
>>9071237
What you don't? Get on our level. Noob.
>>
>>9070937
Don't do it I know a Cosplayer who wore her to awa last year got told to put on a bra under her costumes.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 412x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 412x585
Just because some of you can't see it. I isolated her snatch eating her leotard so you all know EXACTLY why she was told to wear pants.

A good cammy cosplayer will wear dance tights because of this issue. No one wants their leg lips slipping from their cosplay. You wear tights to keep your shades of your legs uniform in color and keep your personality personal. Hot or not, you want to cosplay. You make sacrifices.
>>
>>9070783
fug...im comp smash and hate this pc police shit

cammy should be allowed to wear what she wants.
>>
>>9071031
Is this specific to old comic book characters?
I'm the opposite. I'd rather people cosplayed less frequently seen costumes regardless of their knowledge.
It's just a fact that flavor of the month shit will be well known because it'll have the most ongoing hype. That's not an argument that they ought to be most cosplayed.
>>
>>9071255
I was there, she was wearing dance tights
>>
>>9071236
>95 degrees
>Florida
good joke. Its three times as hot.

Lots of dudes were walking around in swim trunks
>>
>>9071280
She must have gigantic vagina lips if dance tights can't even control the leotard inside her cunt
>>
>>9071280
She clearly doesn't have them on for that picture.
>>
>>9070788
The "b-but the children will see! " argument is so retarded. Kids see way more at the beach than at a convention. Not to mention all the sex on TV.

You know what I thought of girls at the beach as a kid? Fucking nothing.
>>
>>9071280

She's not wearing dance tights in the pictures that have been posted. Don't even try to say she is.
>>
File: image.jpg (492 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
492 KB, 1365x2048
>>9071280
Oh honey no. She doesn't wear dance tights with any of her cosplays. You can tell by the rippling in her knees and when she bends there isn't any rippling of the nylon.
>>
File: image.jpg (396 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
396 KB, 1365x2048
>>9071327
Vampirella should have had them too. Her legs really look bad and patchy.
>>
>>9071329
To me, this is way worse jesus. Tights are just a general rule of thumb for these types of outfits.

If you wouldn't wear it outside of a con because your vag is hanging out, you probably shouldn't wear it at all. Gotta applaud people for being bold enough to go for it though.
>>
>>9071334

No you don't have to applaud shit unless you also applaud cam girls and porn stars. At least they get pay for flashing cooch.
The majority of people I see doing shit like this (guys included) are just attention whores. They want everyone to look at them.
>>
>>9070783
>smash bros fan
well there you go
>>
>>9071329
She looks really doughy and gross here. Shes too board waisted to really pull off any of these characters.
>>
>>9071334
She wore dance tights for power girl and look how much nicer it makes her legs look. But power girls design has those tights so she's wearing them. I get it for going with "as they are portrayed" but you do need to do some magic in the form of dance tights and shape wear to keep the look clean. After all you are replicating a fictional person.
>>
File: image.jpg (550 KB, 1120x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
550 KB, 1120x2048
>>9071344
Forgot the picture
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1629x1068) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1629x1068
>>9071339
Well she's got pictures with yaya han. And we all know what type of perfection pageant cosplay she does. So I'm not shocked she's taking the same path of attention seeking as yaya pushes. And since sex sells it gets her around places.
>>
>>
>>9071346
This is so much better. I get that people do it for attention but I'd rather they just admit it than whine about 'unfairness'. She knew what she was doing, especially if she wore tights for this one. Just take the hit and move on. I'm sure she'll have plenty more opportunities to wear revealing cosplays without trouble.
>>
>>9070904
Okay yeah, at first I was like that's fucking ridiculous, there has been wayyyyy worse cosplays at cons than a Cammy costume but thissss is really pushing it,
Normally Cammy cosplays wear tights with the green leg paint stuff (?) as well with the revealing butt but this is realllyyy drawing a fine line with how the front of the costume sits.
>>
For context, this happened at CEO, a FGC event (not a con) with a wrestling theme. It was probably smash people that complained.
>>
>>9070930
There's a few tutorials on achieving fake underboob floating around if you're concerned but they can look pretty bad if not done well
>>
>>9071387
It probably was but that doesn't change the fact that her cosplay was inappropriate for public eyes.
>>
>>9071217
Why not wear dancers tights?

I wore a leotard-based costume to Otakon before, and I got stopped by staff. I was wearing opaque dancers tights under it. To be honest, I think the staff guy just wanted to talk about the manga I was cosplaying from, because that's all he did while escorting me to the female staff member in charge of looking over questionable costumes. As soon as I entered the room, the lady said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I can clearly see you're wearing thick tights."

They make your skin look much better in photos.
>>
>>9071455
I can't believe people actually report other cosplayers over that crap. I've seen some truly mentally scarring stuff at cons (dudes in full body suits where you can clearly see their junk, girls butts pretty much entirely out) but I've never once thought, "I'm telling!"
>>
>>9071255
are you surre that's her lip instead of the badly cut fabric?
>>
File: image.jpg (346 KB, 1158x1637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346 KB, 1158x1637
>>9071402
Oh dude that would be nice, I'll check around. Thanks!
>>
>>9071460

maybe there was kids
>>
File: IMG_20160604_201615.jpg (68 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_201615.jpg
68 KB, 540x540
>>9070783
>what are shorts
>no dance tights, vag out
>>
>>9071255
I'm with >>9071476

I don't really see anything other than badly hemmed spandex turning itself out. Not to say she's not two seconds away from slipping out though.
>>
>>9070930
Make fake undeboobs like this to catch them on a technicality

http://technoranma.tumblr.com/post/111435123211/the-boobs-you-made-for-your-cosplay-what-material
>>
>>9071329
How would you wear tights with an outfit like this? I wear tights almost every time my legs are exposed but when my midriff is showing I have a hard time concealing the waistband. If I push it down around my hips then there's that ugly cut into the fleshy part. I don't even know how you'd go about not having the waistband show with the cut of this outfit.
>>
>>9071507
I know cons advertise that they're 'family friendly' now but I really don't think young kids should be at cons unless they're charity events specifically geared towards children.
>>
>>9071460
I agree. I've seen so much dude junk because of zentai suits.

>>9071535
The leotard I was wearing looked a lot like this one but was was cut maybe 1/2" taller on the hip parts, and my butt only showed as much as it did in my school swim team swimsuit. My tights were also a slightly different color than my face.

I don't really see how that was inappropriate for children. The staff lady told me that I had to bend over for her so she could verify that nothing could be seen, and when I did, she sighed and said that she definitely couldn't see what was wrong with my costume.

>>9071524
they make full body dancer tights. you could draw on a belly button and contour that area to make it look realistic? i've seen some drag queens do an amazing job with that.
>>
File: n236_aad_1.jpg (28 KB, 488x650) Image search: [Google]
n236_aad_1.jpg
28 KB, 488x650
>>9071544
Oops, I meant to respond to >>9071507 with the second part.

Also, here is a pic of full body dancer tights. It's actually the type that I wore under my leotard, because I was afraid that the waistband might create ugly skin folds. Even though I weigh around 100lbs, I still get those with tight clothing sometimes.
>>
>>9071524
You can sew it into the top part of the cosplay and make it entirely a one piece thing. You would put your legs in first and pull the cosplay up around you as you put it on. Many people hold cosplays together with that invisible mesh so their breast don't fall out and or the fashion tape fails. There's really an endless amount of ways to do it. Cosplayers are creative. They can make a lot of awesome shit work.
>>
>>9070918
No glitter?
>>
>>9071579
Do you know how annoying it is to clean up glitter?
>>
>>9071255
>OMNOMNOM
-The last sound the front of her tights hears.
>>
>>9071230
Okay well, there's a picture in this thread and I can practically see her labia, so you're either retarded or lying.
>>
>>9071583
exactly!
>>
hi I'm at this event. It's not a convention, it's a fighting game tournament. It's pretty stupid but its not really a cosplay centered event. It is at a resort tho so it's pretty silly considering most of the people staying here are dressed in bikinis.
>>
>>9071281
Florida is known for being extremely humid which adds to the heat. It doesn't have to be 130 degrees out for it to FEEL 130 degrees out due to humidity.
>>
>>9070812
Cover up, she's not even wearing nude tights.
>>
>>9070804
Yeah.
And that hashtag.
>>
Her outer labia was exposed during most of the con, you fucking retards.

Good riddance.
>>
>>9070783
Well I'm glad that cons are protecting us from seeing people who aren't covered up.
>>
File: professional cosplay.jpg (49 KB, 560x359) Image search: [Google]
professional cosplay.jpg
49 KB, 560x359
>>9070875
Phoenix Comic con - lol
>>
>>9071838
>Cheeks = camel toe
>logic
>>
>>9071844
Well I am not keen on sweaty ass crack either, it's just as gross.
>>
>>9071853
You can't compare seeing buttcheeks with no possibility of ass crack (unless she spreads, which is showing in both ends anyway) to cameltoe. Man, as a kid how many of you would instantly unload out of that.

Also, remember kids sight is at their vags height. Dude, adults can take it but kids can't
>>
>>9070998
The handful of creepers are a genuine problem but it gets blown up to 100x the real size by people scoring social media progressive points to get the emotional high of giving themselves a sense of moral superiority.

> if /cgl/ has really fallen that far.
4chan as a whole fell that far a long time ago from a gradual change in the mod culture
>>
File: BUTTBUTTBUTT.png (16 KB, 68x118) Image search: [Google]
BUTTBUTTBUTT.png
16 KB, 68x118
>>9071887
>no possibility of ass crack
What the fuck do you call this?
>>
>>9071913
This is what I'm talking about
>>
>>9070812
barely an ass, how sad
>>
>>9071356
Disgusting.
>>
>>9071217
I know some titan cosplayers got told to cover up at Daisho a couple years back
>>
>>9071122
I'm going to cosplay Bulma but I've only read the manga and haven't watched a single episode. Is that acceptable? I'm genuinely not sure if I should do it.
>>
God damn it, /v/. You promised me hanging flaps and once again you have lied to me.
>>
>>9071356
I'm just so creeped out by the difference in colour between her back and ass.

Completely ignoring the fact that the badly fitted cut of this costume makes her torso look stumpy.

I'm not so blinded by photoshop skinny perfection that I think she's got a bad body, a big one to be sure but not necessarily bad. Everyone's got different taste though and she's not got mass appeal.

But just....the skin colour. Why wouldn't you at least fix that in photoshop before posting online?

Or if you going to tan your top half and you have this cosplay planned go get your ass to a beach.
>>
>>9071838
Sexualizing peach should be a crime
>>
>>9071981
If you read the manga, I don't think people will be upset if you haven't watched the anime.
>>
>>9070930
Eh I don't think you'll have an issue at AWA. I've never heard of anyone getting told to cover up at that one.
>>
>>9071981
I don't think reading the manga is a bad thing at all. Not everyone likes anime. But at long as you know who your cosplaying and what they do in the series it's okay. Not doing things like cosplaying? a league of legends champ just because it's popular and people will take your picture for it.
>>
>>9070900

>Geek culture is the current fad and really popular in mainstream society

It went mainstream BECAUSE of the hot girls wearing ass floss. Ever wonder why cons are full of drunk douchebag normies these days? Because they realized that's where the hot girls are.
>lol i played Zelda once
>I'll go to one of those nerd cons
>hey these girls are dressed like my college halloween parties so they must all be dtf
>*rips exit sign off the ceiling*
>>
>>9072443
>*it's where the girls who give it up after any sign of validation and drugs are
Ftfy. Con girls aren't special.
>>
>>9072443
>It went mainstream BECAUSE of the hot girls wearing ass flos
>superhero movies being pushed out nonstop
>has nothing to do with girls making it mainstream
>>
>>9071838
I'd rather see someone's ass than their mudflap vagoos spilling over their crotchfloss.
>>
>>9072471
How about we take a third option and see neither? We should be forced to have to see one *or* the other.
>>
>>9072514
Then don't go into public. An increasing number of people in the Western world weren't raised by the overly religious or the overly prudish and don't find anything disgusting or unnatural about the human body. You are not in the majority.
>>
>>9071838
but this is from last year at least. i remember seeing it that long ago maybe it was 2 years.
>>
>>9072443
>*rips exit sign off the ceiling*
I inhaled a chip because of this
>>
>>9070918
>ineligible for entry

Nigga these are the cosplay contest rules, not the general con cosplay rules.
>>
>>9072468
This!

If Hollywood wasn't pushing superhero movies,tv shows and memoribelia it wouldn't have been much more then something you find at a bar on Halloween. Now that it's literally everywhere you turn do to that, people see it and get curious. Conventions are shown on the news and published in news papers so people just kinda adapt into it. It's not because girls are dressing slutty. It's because the media is pushing it on you and the slutty girls are taking advantage of it for popularity. It's easier to self promote at a convention then it is to self promote on the street.
>>
>>9072576
Cosplay contest rules almost always apply to the convention rules as well.
>>
>>9071025
>/cgl/

More like the /r9k/ faggots who lurk on /cgl/.
>>
File: himelaugh.gif (965 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
himelaugh.gif
965 KB, 300x297
>>9071031
>"know nothing about the fucking character"
>bitching about people not being REAL FANS while confusing Makoto for Squirrel Girl
>mfw
>>
>>9072587
I bet their dad owns Nintendo and they where into street fighter before it was popular.
>>
>>9070783
>>9070904

Didn't the con head or whoever say that someone from the hotel made her cover up?

Still, you can totally see her labia poking out; likely if not for that no one would have complained.
>>
>>9072580
To some degree, sure, but I highly doubt this con was kicking out people who didn't cosplay from a video game. That, at least, is purely a cosplay contest rule.
>>
>>9072607
I can see them not kicking out non gaming cosplays, but dress code rules for general people are usually the same as those entering contests. But it does state that revealing cosplays where a no. And she was revealing crotch lips without dance tights. That is purely her fault and she did deserve to be told to cover up or change.
>>
>>9070802
Old Era Otakon, 90s era AX, do I have to hunt down usenet, because the old timers who are the con chairs new have plenty of public emails about this!
>>
>>9070783
Also for the record, she was reported by guests at the hotel (since the fighting game con didn't have all of the hotel), it is typical that this happens when a con shares a hotel (see the horor stories about the Orthodic Hacadic Jews and cons, I think it was Katsu 2014?
>>
>>9070904
Pretty sure if a dude's balls were poking out the way her labia is the con staff would have told him to cover up too. She's overreacting.
>>
>>9071031
lmao you fucking dumbass
>>
File: 1383731317312.jpg (61 KB, 536x375) Image search: [Google]
1383731317312.jpg
61 KB, 536x375
>Smash Bros fans
>>
>>9072640

Still, its literally a goddamn swimmsuit. Then again i dont know how prude people there are.
>>
>>9072776
A swim suit has more of a gusset for the crotch. Her suit has a small gusset that barely covers her crotch crease. And considering how she's got some moderately puffy labia her crotch will eat that gusset. Most swimsuits have3-5 inches of fabric to cover up. She made hers with probably around 2-3. And since its butt floss type of suit, it will bunch up to maybe 1-2 inches to cover her cooch.
>>
File: 179108.jpg (49 KB, 590x780) Image search: [Google]
179108.jpg
49 KB, 590x780
>>9072776
When you're flashing more crotch than a Baywatch girl then you gotta be prepared for people to not be okay with that.
>>
Guys this had nothing to do with the events rules , it was a rule in the hotel that the event was being run at that you cant wear swim suits in the hotel lobby.
>>
1. no one told her to do shit, it was pointed out to her and suggested, NOT ORDRED,she go change due to her genitals showing and the outfit malfunctioning.
2. this is a publicity stunt by her
3. 70 percent of the people in here are her fans page beards defending hef.
>>
>>9072863
I don't think you have read much of this thread but like 95% of it is not defending her.
>>
>>9071913
404 ass not found
>>
>>9072523
Raised in the Western World?

We're talking about Cosplay; this isn't a Geography lesson, 'teach.
>>
>>9072866
I don't think you read the entire thread.
>>
I keep seeing >>"but a lot of people are wearing swimsuits!!!"
this girl is not wearing a damn swim suit. swim suits are thicker than what shes wearing. If that girl oozes, everyone is gonna know ALSO swimsuits cover your vag. Looking at these pics, the problem isnt
>>her but is exposed
its
>>she's about to flash off of us her vag

get over it, its not a damn swimsuit, its a thin ass leotard thats about to slip between her lips.
>>
>>9071838
MUH DICK
>>
Does this stuff only apply to girls? I'm doing a shirtless cosplay and I'm worried I'd get told to cover up
>>
>>9073876
You'd probably be fine as long as you're not also in danger of flashing your ball cleave.
>>
>>9071037
Wrong, they would be arrested.
>>
>>9070783
Good.
>>
>>9073876
Rare for shirtless, more likely for booty shorts. Only once have I been to a con where they didn't want guys showing nipples and made them cover them with electrical tape which just made them look more lewd
>>
>>9073912
Public nudity is only against the law in Florida if it's "in a vulgar or indecent manner," as per Florida statute 800.03.
So no, they wouldn't be arrested. If you called the police you would probably get laughed out, or more likely told to not tie up the line with non-emergencies.
>>
>>9073928
Sounds hilarious
>>
>>9073928
Yeah, I've heard of some cons making that a rule which doesn't make any sort of sense to me
>>
File: 1435125504550.png (50 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1435125504550.png
50 KB, 300x300
>>9071838
>(61)
gonna need some more of this
>>
>>9074080
I got plenty; a whole photoset.

I'd post it but apparently everyone thinks it's "inappropriate"
>>
File: 1436647897953.jpg (64 KB, 405x309) Image search: [Google]
1436647897953.jpg
64 KB, 405x309
>>9074137
don't you hold out on me now
>>
>>9073390
Mmm yesss let the salt flow anon.
>>
>>9074137
just post it you fucking pussy.
>>
>>9074137
just post it all in the cosplay thread in >>>/s/ and link it.
>>
>>9071380
Exactly my line of thinking. The high cut at the front isn't even flattering considering her long, boxy hips and shapeless thighs

My God is her face cute though
>>
>>9070788
I was at a con last year and someone busted out a portable speaker at the corner of the hall that was closed off. We had 17+ cosplayers moving in and out of a dance circle showing off their moves and around 60ish people crowding around. Sir Dj boom box was taking requests by the dancers. Every 3rd or so song was a club song which lead to some hair twirling by the female cosplayers. 17m into it we got one of the staff talking to the DJ saying parents were complaining about their kids seeing women act inappropriately and shut us down. I'm not even talking twerking or anything on that level but it still topped off a parent even though you had to be in front of the crowd of people to even see the dancing. It wasn't officially setup though that we could even be doing that which I could understand for that being the reason but instead the guy just said complaining parents. In a closed off hallway with no foot traffic other than people recharging phones
>>
>>9074263
when you don't want to be at blame you blame it on someone else who can't be confronted. the staffer is "just doing his job" and "he doesn't mind, but someone else does"
>>
>>9074285
None of the other staffers in the hallway had a problem.
>>
>>9074263
The dancing doesn't sound bad but at least 80 people congregated in a small dead end space could be problematic.
>>
>>9071094
her comic is out and it has gained a lot of popularity, of course people are cosplaying her
>>
>>9074263
why would this ever be a good idea? Common sense, someone is going to complain
>>
>>9075070
Damn.....I remember when SG was cool.
>>
http://www.cosplaycrisis.com/2016/06/28/too-much-skin/
>>
>>9071280
I was there, she was definitely not wearing dance tights. Also she was indoors the entire event, where it was completely air conditioned, she would have no problem wearing those tights at the event.
>>
>>9071293
>You know what I thought of girls at the beach as a kid? Fucking nothing.

Fag
>>
>>9071356
Ugh. I'm really against slut shaming and the policing of bodies, but this is not something you wear in public. With the way her vag lips were eating her Cammy leotard, I imagine that this probably had the same issue.

And yes, those were vag lips, not turned out material. The material had somehow migrated so badly that it had gotten underneath her lip and she probably has an innie or something. If I hiked my underwear up it would look about the same.

Not at all appropriate for public, not to mention incredibly unsanitary.
>>
>>9075761
I'd like to know your stance on public nudity, because it's legal in Florida.
>Ugh
>I'm really against <x>, but
I take it back. Nobody needs to know your stance on anything.
>>
>>9075770
What's wrong with saying that? Keep your sexual stuff in the bedroom.

There's no way that she wasn't wearing those costumes without the intent to be sexy, and as a rule, the public cannot consent. So if you're just chilling on a beach in the nude, by all means. You can even walk down the street if you want -- I wouldn't, but that's just me. We live in a world where, like >>9073928 pointed out, covering up looks more lewd that just being naked.

Basically, if you intend to get your rocks off or someone else's off, please do it in a private area and not a hotel with people who aren't even there for the con, and especially don't do it in front of minors.
>>
>>9070904
>>9070783
Hello Queen Riot,im sorry they didnt want your degenerate outfit there
>>
>>9075943
>people with other opinions are shills!
>>
>>9070783
Ashley Riot is a fat fuck though, no one wants to see all her ugly whale blubber, she will always be Chico-Chan
>>
>>9070930
Don't do it. Larger cons have started making you cover the entire boob.
>>
>>9070796
> not wearing thongs for the sake of no pantylines
I need some examples registered on photographs for my research article on body positivity in cosplay.
>>
File: POOL-SIDE-Night-view.jpg (93 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
POOL-SIDE-Night-view.jpg
93 KB, 640x480
>>9070994
>THERE ARE WOMEN WEARING THEM AT THE POOL OF THE SAME VENUE
>>9070817
>This is at a large poolside hotel in Florida
>Other girls are wearing much less at the same venue but not being told to cover up
>>9071661
>it's pretty silly considering most of the people staying here are dressed in bikinis.

Pool defense people....
She is not at the pool.

Sit down. There is appropriate times for some clothing and you'd do well to remember that instead of trying for a technicality.

Also her crotch is practically out. That has to be why she got in trouble.

>>9072841
>rule in the hotel that the event was being run at that you cant wear swim suits in the hotel lobby.

Yep.
>>
>>9075406
Wow, what a boring article. Nothing of substance was actually said, except for a weird side stab at ~SJWs~.
>>
>>9070904
pls don't tell me she's not doing it for attention
this is tooo damn revealing even for cammy
>>
Some great crotch cleavage going on here.
>>
She really has a thing for the crotch floss cosplays: http://imgur.com/p1WzD2t

Linked for quite NSFW
>>
>>9076558
I still think she's doing it because she likes people sexualizing her. I mean, any logical cosplayer who is doing it for the love of the art would wear dance tights. She's doing it for the same reason celebrities wear low cut dresses without fashion tape. Just one slip and your all every one can talk about for the week.

And obviously it's working since she's spinning this whole web
>>
>>9076577
I honestly can't believe people are still talking about it. It's not really a ~controversial~ story like some articles are making it out to be. She wore something that was inappropriate and was told to cover up. I was a bit annoyed until I saw more pictures in this thread. Clearly, she knew what she was doing.
>>
File: 1467153958678.webm (3 MB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
1467153958678.webm
3 MB, 1500x844
>>9070904
So it's basically this Cammy.
>>
>>9076646
I like how she reaches behind her and pulls a package out of nowhere. Where was she hiding it?!??!
>>
>>9076858
>What is Hammerspace
>>
>>9070918
Hi, these are rules from CEOtaku's cosplay contest.

CEO and CEOtaku are two separate tournaments.

Also I was at the event, I can 100% confirm it was bare legs.
>>
>>9076577
Her Instagram is full of super deliberate crotch shots of her wearing all kinds of wedgied shorts and cosplays. She's certainly got a fetish for it and she doesn't need to inflict that fetish on random congoers.
>>
>>9076646
my dick

why does 3D even try?
>>
>>9071255
I don't understand people cosplaying toned characters when their bodies are flabby...
>>
ITT: people who will never has the courage to do something like that.

Free the nipple! Free the belly! Free the lip!

Women's breasts themselves are just as sensual (and sexual) as men's breasts, it's just fat and skin. Don't fall for arbitrary demands to hide them because of your gender!

Human body does not have the structure to fold up “excessive” fat. It's a part of your own, you don't need to make it disappear!

There is no such natural thing as “bikini area” that should look as smooth and hairless as thighs. Yes, hair grow there, and yes, it is puffy and flexible enough to be evident in tight clothing or slip out from it. There is nothing shameful in how flesh and bones work!
>>
>>9077952
ITP: a fucking queen riot fan beard that thinks she will sleep with him.
>>
>>9071236
im forced to wear long black work pants and black shirts at festivals in texas during the summer granted i only spend 30 minutes on the stage every two hours then get to fuck off to my hammock under the stage for the rest of the time im still outside in all black in temps ranging from 95-110
>>
>>9071946
We had the female Titan at a con last year. Not gonna lie but I had to cover my lap with my goody bag. She was in the hallway dancing out to some guy with one of those mini speakers
>>
>>9075770
I live I florida and public nudity is NOT legal. You have certain beaches which allow it and certain nudist communities. That being said, a privately owned hotel is not a public area
>>
File: tunamelt.jpg (3 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
tunamelt.jpg
3 MB, 3000x4000
>>9070981
Ask and ye shall receive. This was never told to cover up apparently.
>>
>>9078300
How can someone have tits and vaj and still look mannish as fuck?
>>
>>9070904
Ok yeah, that's gross.
>>
I think it's hilarious how she's pretending that the real issue is her legs when in reality her labia were practically flopping out. It's clear that she's well aware that her costume was inappropriate.

>>9071230
>No Cammy cosplayer would not wear them
You are underestimating how far some of these chicks will go for attention. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some of them have some kind of exhibitionism fetish. I have seen way too much pube stubble at conventions to retain any faith in humanity.
>>
>>9078300
I was waiting for someone to post this
Where is she now though, is the big question? Lol
>>
>>9078303
>broad as fuck shoulders
>small hips
>no waist
>ugly man face with moustache
>>
>>9070848
If you're gonna make an argument for common decency, then there shouldn't be conventions celebrating media saturated in characters dressed like prostitutes to begin with.

If you're gonna have a con dedicated to comics, anime, and/or vidya, you can't be shocked and offended when girls show up dressed like sluts. That's fucking retarded. If you have such a problem with women in revealing clothing, then you should have a problem with the source material spawning it at all.
>>
>>9070904
Yeah, I firmly believe banning Cammy from cons is beyond stupid, but this isn't about "punish the sluts and whores", her labia are actually exposed.
>>
>>9070908
>berates people for being against slut-shaming
>All us more sensible cosplayers that still manage to look pretty, with taste, will be getting the sweet guys.
>getting the sweet guys
Doesn't matter what you're dressed like, honey, you're still a slut.
>>
>>9070796
Are you OP? Because you sound like a giant faggot.
>>
>>9078300
>TFW there are people on this board that have no idea who tuna melt chan is
Talk about blast from the past. This was what, 6 or 7 years ago now? Maybe even 8?
>>
>>9078361
I remember first seeing this back in 2010 so definitely at least 6 years. Man, I feel old now
>>
>>9070904
Fuck her vag is almost as out as tunamelt-chan
>>
>>9078342
Theres a difference with slutty revealing clothing and indecent exposure. Theres ways you can wear revealing clothing without exposing yourself and many anons have stated how to achieve this (dance tights and stuff) look without having your junk out. Theres pictures that clearly show her not wearing proper clothing for an event. She was asked to cover up. If other women were dressed slutty but not asked to cover up its possibly because they didnt cross the line into indecent exposure. Also the "other women wearing bikinis at the pool" yeah i will agree if theres some girls outside at a pool with bikinis that are showing labia or look otherwise super revealing to that point shouldnt be allowed either because its the line being crossed from slutty to exposure. If theres a double standard it should be corrected. Why cant we all just call it for what it is. Girls want to be sexualized thats why they wear it. Those same women act like they arent doing it for the attention and thats causing all this white knight unfair bullshit. If they admit it and stick to the rules everything will be fine. This just seems like some girl trying to become efamous by being slutty and using a perfectly acceptable reason to cover up as an excuse to throw a fit and get ass pats.
>>
>>9070783
Report the reporters for sexual harassment.

It'll be funny to see all the rules fuck into one another.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160630-180742.png (449 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160630-180742.png
449 KB, 1440x2560
Alpha omega sin made a vid and the neckbeards are coming out of the woodwork as cosplay experts
>>
>>9078902
I don't think anywhere is it considered sexual harassment to tell someone to cover up so their genitalia doesn't fall out of their clothes.
>>
File: 1395345896735.png (1 MB, 741x739) Image search: [Google]
1395345896735.png
1 MB, 741x739
>>9078300
dude what the fuck
>>
File: jesuschristhowhorrifying.jpg (47 KB, 543x541) Image search: [Google]
jesuschristhowhorrifying.jpg
47 KB, 543x541
From her instagram. Gurl you need to wear tights and it's not only to keep your lips in check.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.