[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online Comm Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: rcu.jpg (81 KB, 541x117) Image search: [Google]
rcu.jpg
81 KB, 541x117
I think we have a winner for "I've been into lolita for ___ years" contest.
>>
>>9066355
This girl annoys me to no end.
>>
>>9066355
I want to see her and wonderfinch fight now lol

Where was this posted?
>>
File: Dog8_0.jpg (31 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Dog8_0.jpg
31 KB, 600x500
>>9066355
>>
>>9066355
This girl is so annoying lmao. "My parents TOTALLY called me a loli as a child so I was born into this"

Where's my sure Jan gif
>>
>>9066377
>>
Her entire comment is cringeworthy. Apparently her cousins were also "manipulative, " like her mom. Is she a chronic liar or something? Why do people believe this shit?
>>
>>9066368
It's in RC:U
>>
>>9066380
Thank you anon.

>>9066390
Who knows. Maybe she's telling the truth and everyone in her family is horrible except for her. More likely she just doesn't find herself interesting enough in her own right so she needs to embellish stories in order to gain sympathy and attention from the community she's involved in.
Maybe insensitive of me to say, but the fact is that lolita, "nerd", goth, whatever, any other sort of subculture attracts people like that.
>>
>>9066355
I didn't think she was so bad in previous threads, even with the abuse thing. But jfc, this just sounds retarded.
>>
Also the people mad that others don't want their bratty children, toddlers, or infants at Lolita meet ups. Holy. Shit. If the parents are this entitled what must the children be like?
>>
>>9066448
I was just thinking that. Some of them are acting like straight up mombies.
>>
>>9066355
There's a girl in my comm who also claims that she's been into lolita "since always" and got huffy when people told her she had to hear about it from somewhere and that no one is born with the knowledge of lolita.
>>
I don't get these girls that try to compete with who's been into lolita the longest. I'm more impressed with the ones that haven't been into it for very long but still have a good grasp and knowledge about the fashion than these twats.
>>
>>9066355
Kek. But a few months ago she was saying misty sky was her first ever Lolita dress and she paid $800 for it! I wonder if I can find those posts.
>>
>>9066355
>>9066503
>I was born a lolita!!
This meme has got to stop
>>
>>9066508
Exactly this. The ones who tote their "years of experience" and yet can't dress themselves to save their lives are the worst.
>>
>>9066520
Imagine popping out of your mother in full brand and The print you're born with determines the sort of person you're going to be for the rest of your life

I'm drunk
>>
>>9066538

Keep drinking anon, that image is wonderful

>Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?
>Well we're hoping for gothic, but really we'll love them no matter what
>wat
>>
Speaking of little turds and those who make them, what's with the recent flux of lolitas telling the world they're pregnant in their posts?
>teehee, feeling super self concious cause I'm pregnant but let me post on CoF for asspats
>>
>>9066555
An AP baby being born into a long dynasty of Moities and Atelier Pierrots
>>
File: lolic.png (55 KB, 470x789) Image search: [Google]
lolic.png
55 KB, 470x789
Someone called her out
>>
>>9066721
>family calls you 'loli'
>family gives you a nickname that is associated in pop-culture with attraction to young girls
>'I WAS A LIVING DOLL'

Is this secretly the cringe thread? Is her real name something that 'loli' could actually be a nickname for?
>>
>>9066721
Why did she have to throw in "I'm not too fond of anime"? To prove that she's a lifetime lolita? How old is this person?
>>
>>9066355
>>9066721
This screams ita new Lolita to me. I was a child in the 80s and wore frilly lacy shit because that's what your parents dressed you in at that time. Not because they where geeks and I to the j-fashion lifestyle. This is the most cringy new Lolita shit I have ever read. There is nothing wrong in saying you're new to the fashion. But saying this shit makes you seem like you're trying too hard to fit in and be relevant.
>>
File: kera-42-2002-Streetsnap-001.jpg (321 KB, 549x925) Image search: [Google]
kera-42-2002-Streetsnap-001.jpg
321 KB, 549x925
>>9066779
My thoughts exactly.
Early 90s was knee-length, natural waist dresses with full bell skirts and puffed sleeves. I have a million photos of me in lolita-esque stuff as a kid, but I cringe hardcore whenever someone tries the "I've been a lolita since I was a child" line. Unless someone is young enough that they were actually dressed in lolita as a kid by an old school lolita parent, then it's just like... no.
>>
>>9066355
pics or it didnt happen.
>>
>>9066355
How come she has a nabokov quote as her intro?
>>
>>9066732
Her real name is Nik
>>
>>9066721
This reads like a lolita version of My Immortal, all she needs is multiple hot dudes competing for her hand.
>>
To be completely fair, my sister got her first brand salopette at around ten. She's 14 now and eight years younger than me. She's always wanting to copy me, so I gave her my old bodyline and then an AP salopette after she showed she won't ruin it.

This is an exception not the norm. Unless she's like 16, lolita didn't even hit the west at that time. Even then it's a stretch.
>>
>>9066355
>>9066721
I am so done with how this chick is always advertising how abused she is. All her examples are things like; they put me in clothes and brought me places, she washed my dress, or (my personal favorite) they only bought me goth or classic not sweet. If she really is being abused she is horrible at articulating the problem with her family's actions.
>>
File: 340.jpg (102 KB, 480x143) Image search: [Google]
340.jpg
102 KB, 480x143
Oh look, modern day PeNgU1N oF d00m
>>
File: 1420373240101.jpg (422 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1420373240101.jpg
422 KB, 700x800
>>9066721
>Loli
>>
>>9066853
It's because she's reaching for attention. She's you poster child of special snowflake. She's probably one of those people that sees a celebrity death and makes posts about how devastated she is when before their death they barely knew who they where.

She will probably become one of those mothers that posts when their child is in the hospital and sick to get sympathy.
>>
>>9067048

>she probably will develop a severe case of munchausen by proxy and kill her child by making them sick enough to get hospitalized

FTFY
>>
>>9066448
The momlita claiming ageism when people don't want to hang out with her kid at a meet pisses me off. That's not ageism at all, and it's selfish of you to think that everyone should just get along cause it makes you happy. I doubt your kid even wants to be there...
>>
>>9066643
I want a manga of this STAT
>>
File: il_570xN.686430186_ho14.jpg (139 KB, 570x710) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.686430186_ho14.jpg
139 KB, 570x710
If you were born in the 80s/early 90s your mother made you wear something like pic related at least once. That doesn't mean you've always been a lolita.
>>
>>9067090
Some things just aren't child appropriate. My comm is planning both 21+ meets and something along the lines of a zoo trip that kids are welcome at too. The comm is small though. I'd image more than three children is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>9066853
holy hell i defended her on the washed dress thread. regret. why is she like this.
>>
>>9067137
I fucking loved Daisy Kingdom! We have this video of me getting a dress from them for my birthday and it is great. Tiny baby me with a blonde bowlcut-mullet hybrid clutching the dress and saying how "it's simply lovely".

I wouldn't say I was a lolita back then, but I have always loved me some poofy dresses.
>>
>>9067213
Pretty sure most little girls likes big poofy dresses. Especially if they where fans of princesses. But that wouldn't make you Lolita as a child. Just makes you an average child with love of things girly.
>>
>>9067219
Hence the "I wouldn't say I was a lolita back then."
>>
>>9067228
At least you're not a special snowflake like all the other " I was a Lolita when I was 5" girls out there.
>>
>>9066721
How old is this girl?
>>
>>9066827
She's got another profile under that name (also with a Nabokov quote) as a guy. I remember her saying she was intersex in some thread or another.
>>
>>9067277
This screams tumbltard.
>>
>>9067277
She claims intersex a lot. Not sure how true though.
>>
>>9067277
Looked it up and it appears to be the same person. Maybe she is "intersex" as in her genetailia is messed up and her "vagina" is actually a dick.
Although on her Facebook page, she says she is gay.
>>
>>9066355
This is so great, it combines so many 'argument winner' points people chuck around
>since i was a small toddler
"i've been doing this for longer than you"

>I was more of a glorified accessory
tragic backstory/sympathy points

>Didn't buy brand in our family, we sew our shit up
Either "I had it harder than you" a la 'i had to walk uphill both ways' OR superiority for making their own shit

>I knew that
blah blah superior
>>
>>9066845
Hi my name is Loli and I've been a lolita like forever (that’s how I got my name) wearing sweet but used 2 be classic or goth cuz of my family and a lot of people tell me I look like a living doll (AN: if u don’t know what that is get da hell out of here!). I’m not related to Mana-sama but I wish I was because he’s a major fucking hottie. I’m a sweet lolita but my family are not. I have my own style. I’m also a proper lady, and I'm part of a welcoming and encouraging comm where I’m not just a living accessory. I’m a lolita (in case you couldn’t tell) and I wear mostly sweet. I love Bodyline and I buy all my clothes from there. For example today I was wearing a pink jsk with matching lace around it and a big petti, pink otks and tea party shoes. I was wearing super kawaii makeup and a ringlet wig. I was walking to meet my comm. It was sunny and warm with no rain, which I was very happy about. A lot of itas stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them.
>>
File: 9887753234.gif (1 MB, 222x255) Image search: [Google]
9887753234.gif
1 MB, 222x255
>>9067433
>>
>>9067433
It was the last line that made me realise this is the goffick Harry Potter fanfiction.
>>
>>9066794
I don;t know how to ask her for pics without sounding like a pedo
>>
>>9067244
>>
>>9066643
A family with a long history of AP and BTSSB having a bodyline baby

A tragedy, starring Mr Yan
>>
>>9066448
I don't know about you, but me experience with children is that if you have a chance to do something without them (i.e. have a break and be an adult and not a parent). You usually want to do that.
>>
>>9066779
Such awful shit too.
>>
>>9067433
Fucking incredible.
>>
>>9067659
Unless you are that overly attached mom that thinks Satan will crawl into your child's mouth and lay eggs. Then they just become overly attached to their children. My ex sister in law became that. Stopped sleeping in the bed and slept on a pull out she had under her daughters crib. Woke up every two hours to make sure the child was breathing till she was 5. Then divorced my brother because he wasn't spending enough time with their daughter and always working.

I hate overly attached parents because of her.
>>
>>9067688
To be fair, babies have been know to suddenly stop breathing when they sleep
>>
>>9067699
>until she was 5

the risk of SIDS passes after 1 year
>>
>>9067699
She wasn't worried about SIDS. She didn't even know what it was when I told her about it at my nieces 8th birthday. She was just wanting to make sure that my niece was breathing well and wasn't developing whooping cough or pneumonia. She wasn't the brightest woman my bother knew. But she was a very caring and loving woman. Just had abandonment issues.
>>
>>9067433
This is beautiful anon.
>>
>>9066355
The amount of mommy entitlement in that thread, Jesus Christ
>>
>>9067643
I thought she was older because she looks older than 19.
>>
>>9066922
I saw this too and cringed hard.
>>
>>9066643
>pubert addams
>>
>>9067000
In some places/languages, it doesn't have the connotation /cgl claims it has. I say it all the time IRL with my comm (it's very common in our comm whose first language is not English), but I have the common sense not to use it online.
>>
>>9066623
The worst is when they can't stop asking for advice on how to be lolita when they're huge. AP makes fucking potato sacks, and I know shirring and custom made dresses are a thing. If you can't fit into them or don't want to replace grorious burando with custom indie shit, there's no point in asking the same goddamn question every ten minutes; just admit you want asspats and attention and go seek it somewhere else, ffs.
>>
>>9068037
nah i'm sure she said i one of the threads about her mom ruining her dress that she was 19
>>
>>9068970
Wait, if she's always been a lolita and her family was dressing her in it as a child, why didn't her mom know not to wash her dress?
>>
>>9067658
A prominently Mary Magdalene family having a Meta child
>>
>>9068974
Because her mom is abusive and thinks burando is a waste of money. Or actually I think it was "if it's so expensive, it must be strong enough to stand up to machine washing".
>>
>>9068414
>>9066643
Dear god it's true.
>>
>>9068982
I'm a writefag and holy shit do I want to make this happen.
>>
>>9069432
Do it and I'll provide illustrations
>>
>>9069212
Do you actually believe her tho?
>>
>>9069495
I believe that she told her mom not to and her mom washed it anyway. However the likelihood that she comes from a family of perpetual Ita weaboos like she seems to claim is very low.
>>
File: facebook_35467586900.png (478 KB, 937x518) Image search: [Google]
facebook_35467586900.png
478 KB, 937x518
>>9069495
>>9068974
Because she's making it up
There are a lot of photos of her and her family on her old facebook. They are, unsurprisingly, all normalfags. No childhood pictures of her wearing "lolita". She began wearing steampunk and cosplay a few years ago. Pic related :^)
>>
>>9067433
>proper lady
>put middle finger up at itas instead of possibly being nice to them
>>
>>9069559
>not knowing My Immortal
>not getting the joke
>>
>>9069559
Are you criticising the literary masterpiece that is My Immortal?
>>
>>9069566
>>9069564
Honestly wasn't sure if this was an exert from her or not because I wouldn't doubt it would be.
>>
>>9069527
This shit is hideous
Ita/10
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 640x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 640x224
This was just posted in the Lolita Sales EU group, does anyone know wtf she's talking about?

According to google translate: "But some people will not break your fucking complaining about things that happened and finished ? No, huh ?"
>>
>>9069426
This makes me so happy
>>
>>9070466
I don't speak italian well, but im guessing something like 'some people wont stop complaining about things that are done and finished', but idk what she is actually referring to.
>>
That Chinese lolita butthurt post is hilarious. I really hope the boycott will go through because I'm sick of the Chinese buying up all the AP, but I doubt it will since everyone knows Lolita's can't boycott their favorite burando.

Also finding it funny how some western girls are saying they don't want to buy AP now.
>>
>>9073321
Can't wait for AP to release Rape of Nanking JSK. I heard that print is going to spectacular and stunning to wear with all the different cuts.
>>
>>9073321
I feel like this was posted because people know the western SJWs are known go get riled up by the very mention of racism. This event happened a while ago and clearly most Chinese lolitas don't care. The Chinese have been raping the market with scalping and other things for a while and as some people explained later in the thread the card members do get priority and here was just not enough time. Just buy online.
>>
>>9073321
Did I miss something, or is this about the misty sky re-re-re-re-release?
>>
>>9073349
Yes that's the one.
>>
>>9073321
Caps? Where can I find it?
>>
File: inland.png (355 KB, 530x454) Image search: [Google]
inland.png
355 KB, 530x454
>>9073677
>>
>>9073697
RC has a post about it.
>>
>>9068653
10/10. Fatty chan here. Almost every release for the past year has had at least one cut that has back shirring that goes up to min 104cm. Like I'm pretty fucking fat... and I can still be a brand whore. If they are fatter than that well... I don't see why they feel they need to be catered to.
>>
>>9067433
Ugh cringe.
She repeats a lot of what she is saying, evidence of a liar. kek.
>>
>>9076484
Newfag >>9069564
>>
Tfw the nazi discussion was worthy of deletion but posts and posts specifically about that cringey tryhard 'been loli since I was 5' stay up.
Thanks, janitors!
>>
>>9076498
This thread has like halved in size with all that gone haha. I imagine either her or him probably got wind of it and were worried about him actually getting reported.

Unrelated, i'm part of quite a small comm and recently we have had a few new members. They are quite young and a bit ita but so far both of them have been really willing to try to improve and have been respectful of older members, listen to advice behave at meets etc. I can't really think of anything either of them have done wrong, sure their first co-ords havent been great but they are young and new and are taking advice on board and trying to improve like i said, so i don't think they should be faulted for that.

However one of the older members of our comm is being quite hostile to them. At meets she is usually fine, but on the facebook group she gives what she says is "concrit" but is mostly just borderline insults. The two new ones are finding this a bit upsetting, and i think its gotten to the point where most of us would rather have them in the comm than the older one, if it comes down to it. We have tried asking her to be less harsh/to be constructive without JUST criticising, but she just starts on about "tough love, they need to learn" and stuff like that.

What do you think we should do? Give an ultimatum about not being a bitch, and then ban her if she doesn't? We have tried to be understanding but there doesnt seem to be anything going on in her life that would be making her like this and taking the stress out on the new girls, but for the most part she has been ok up until now.
>>
>>9076507
Someone needs to remind her that excessive saline belongs here and not slammed in the faces of new lolitas that are trying. Concrit can be truthful without being cunty. Good luck with that situation, anon.
>>
>>9076507
I imagine the principles are the same as lolcow-- It's one thing to bitch about it on a messageboard. It's another to actually start a witch hunt and try to ruin someone's life for real.
>>
>>9066355
I can't stand this girl. she claims she has the "loli" nickname because she's always been adorable and bug eyed but her eyes aren't that big and she has dark circles that just won't quit but doesn't do anything about them in lolita.
I am a haggard raccoon eye chan but gdi I at least cover them.
>>
>>9076523
Yeah that's exactly it, and i can understand that people may be hesitant to let younger lolitas join but they aren't behaving immaturely.

The worst incident is that one of the new ones (she's 16) decided to message her thinking that getting to know each other better might improve things and complimented her co-ord from the last meet, and the meanies response was basically "yeah it looked good on me but you dont have a nice enough face for it." Since i was the first to reach out to 16 and her friend when they joined, 16 got in touch and was quite upset and asked what she had done wrong and showed me the message. I instantly called meanie and told her its unacceptable and she was like "i didnt mean it like THAT, all i meant was that i thought sweet rather than classic would suit her since she has a cute face" so why the fuck didnt you say 'thank you! do you like sweet lolita because i think it would suit you really well?' or something then!? She sent an apology and nothing else has happened since (this was a few weeks ago), but i can't imagine her behaviour is suddenly going to change just like that. Since meanies been around since almost the start of the comm i think everyone is hesitant to ban her just because we are used to her being there you know?

But this is definitely crossing a line now, and since i seem to have become mediator of it all i think the decision will lay with me about what to do (everyone else agrees but doesnt want to speak out due to meanies seniority). I think its gonna be ultimatum then out if she doesn't change, its so sad that 16 and her friend were super excited to join and meet us, and now they are considering not coming to the next meet because they think its their fault that there is tension in the comm now (i've told them ill make sure they sit with my friends and i, and have invited them to my house to try making accessories since theyve never done that). Hopefully theyll feel more at home.
>>
>>9076560
You just need to have a straight up conversation about it and give her an explicit warning about what is and isn't acceptable in the comm. If she can't be reasonable about it and continues acting this way, let her go.
>>
>>9076526
This. They were breaking the biggest rule on the board. No one seriously cares about loli being a cringey dumbass.
>>
>>9077066
All of my this. She seems to be on the fence about things. Mean, but when called out she gives a more reasonable comment. She seems like the type of girl to do/say mean things until shes called out. This is the only way things will get better if shes the type of person i think she is. She may be banking on some superior "i cant get kicked out i was here first" mentality and she wont risk the older girls in the comm turning against her thats why she will stick with the meanness till shes called out. If she is warned and she does it again and not kicked out she could see this as a permanant platform to be mean to girls for her own reasons whatever they may be. Good luck anon and i hope things go well. Best case scenario she stops being mean and learns a lesson. Worst case you have one less salty nut and some new potential friends.
>>
>>9077150
but why delete *everything* then
I was part of that argument and our posts stayed up a long time after the witch hunty shit was deleted
maybe they just decided it's too unrelated, but even then they could've kept the original picture at least
>>
>>9066448
Speaking as a parent, it is extremely irresponsible to bring your child to a lolita meet up for a laundry list of reasons, including, but not limited to...
>even the most well behaved children have their bratty or messy moments, they could potentially spill juice on someone's dress or something like that
>given the nature of the community, it is not a stretch at all that photos of your child could end up posted to websites like this
>Let's be real here, lolita is filled with mentally unstable people. I have a friend who brought her kid to a con and had some random lady make all these comments about wanting to kidnap him and then proceeded to follow them around until she informed security. Given how obsessive some girls in the community get over other lolitas, it wouldn't be shocking if something similar to that happened.
>it's just never a good idea to put your child in any situation where they could end up on the internet
>By bringing your child, you are unfairly putting the comm in a situation where everyone needs to carefully watch their conduct and be "family friendly" the entire time, when they're just trying to chill and hang out with people. If there are people who (understandably) don't want to go out of their way to cater to this expectation, then your child could be exposed to some very inappropriate conversation.

Not to mention, the kid won't have fun anyway, and no one wants them there.
>>
>>9066508
Extreme oldfag reporting in (decade long master race). Honestly, whenever people make a big deal about how long they've been in the fashion, often times you can safely assume that they're a forever ita. This is because when we were first introduced to the fashion, certain things were acceptable and even trendy that are now rightly considered ita as fuck. That's why old school threads are half made up of hideous abominations that you can't wrap your head around how someone could possibly like. Then, since they've been in the fashion for ~sooo long~ they refuse to listen to anyone who points out "dude, this is straight up ita" since they're apparently past the phase where there's anything more to learn about lolita.

Also, there is obviously no such thing as being a lolita before you even knew the name of the fashion, that is so fucking stupid. That's nice that their parents dressed tbem up in frilly poofy dresses as a child, just like virtually every other little girl in a first world nation, but that doesn't somehow mean you're genetically a lolita. I wasn't a lolita at age 4 because I exclusively wore poofy princess dresses, I was a lolita at age 13 because I discovered the fashion, began doing a tremendous amount of research, and bought a lolita dress. And just because I've been into it for ten years doesn't mean that I have nothing to learn from a girl who has been in it for two.
>>
>>9078388
I once brought my four year old with me to a small, super casual meetup consisting only of very close friends who actually asked me to take her along, and somehow a picture of us ended up on our local secrets comm saying that OP hoped my "crotchdropping" would get sick and die. Mentally unstable indeed. I'm definitely never taking my daughter to any community meetups now even if people outwardly say they're fine with it.
>>
>>9078399
>I wasn't a lolita at age 4 because I exclusively wore poofy princess dresses

Exactly, that would be like me claiming to be a cosplayer when i was three and went to a dress up party in a cinderella dress
>>
>>9078430
Wow, I don't really know what to say to that except for that it's really fucking disgusting. Whether they did it out of extreme edginess, trolling, or genuinely meant it, clearly this person has some intense issues and is a perfect example of why not to take your kids to meets, even if everyone else is on board.
>>
>>9078461
I had these two extremely snobby self-proclaimed "elitist" cosplayer friends in high school, who seriously said they were cosplayers since age 5 because they would pretend to be Sailor Scouts or Pokemon trainers during playtime.
>>
>>9078494
>Yeah well we've had our own Sailor Moon RP and cosplay group since we were 5

I'm going to start telling people i was a child actress because i was a sheep in the nativity when i was 6
>>
>>9078494
Yeah it's one thing to joke about that, but if you're serious it's super weird. I've totally sent my friends pictures of me as a baby in a big bow saying "lolita from birth" or some shit as a joke but to actually think it counts is crazy.

Kids like playing dress up and pretend, I'd never honestly say my first cosplay was my Princess Leia Halloween costume.
>>
>>9078430
If I were in your place and found out who it was, I'm not sure I'd be able to stop myself from getting into a fistfight.
>my worst fear
>publicly posting that they hope it happens with a picture of my baby attached
>>
>>9078682
Not that poster, but if I were them and found out who it was, I would seriously ruin their entire life. I'm surprised that it was even allowed to be posted, I know BtB has a rule about saying anything bad about dead lolitas, so you'd think death wishes against toddlers with their pic attached would also not fly.

The most disturbing thing is that it was most likely someone she knew...
>>
>>9076498
Then half the threads on this board need to be pruned. For fucks sake, you're stupid if you don't know why the Nazi posts were deleted and the OP isn't.
>>
>>9078430
Was your child acting up or being obnoxious? I'd post the same thing in that case.
>>
>>9078817
She said local secrets group, which makes me think it wasn't BtB.

BtB does have a rule against wishing death on anyone!
>>
>>9076560
That's not concrit. She's a bitch and needs to be warned and/or removed if she keeps it up.
>>
>>9078823
Holy fuck look at all that edge.
Maybe you're not old enough to go outside unsupervised, dear.
>>
>>9066508
Agreed, personally I lie about how long I've been a Lolita because while I've owned brand for 6-7 years I was an incredible ita. I consider myself to maybe be a Lolita for 3-4 years as that's when i starting attending meets but even coords from 4 years ago I still cringe at. At my first meet up I told them I heard about Lolita a few months ago so I looked better than I was (and so they didn't connect my con ita photos to me).

I would still be a huge ita if it wasn't for cgl because my only other source was tumblr.
>>
>>9078480
I get the feeling it was either a troll or someone outside my group of friends with some serious issues, but yeah it was pretty disturbing.

>>9078682
>>9078817
I'm not going to seek them out and cause more shit on the off chance that it really is an unstable person and not just some edgelord. Big chance it was a troll but still.

>>9078823
The only "obnoxious" thing she was doing was getting excited about being surrounded by pretty princesses, but the other girls at the meet knew that was going to happen and it's probably the reason they invited her along in the first place. Some people think little kids are cute, as crazy as that sounds.

>>9078833
Yup, local group. It only existed for a few months before being taken down because it unsurprisingly became vendetta central pretty much immediately.

>sage for babies
>>
>>9078823
You'd hope a child dies cause they're obnoxious? You are pretty pathetic.
>>
>>9078823
If being obnoxious means someone should die, then that definitely applies to you for this post more than that 4 year old.
>>
Question for the super popular girls out there: how is comm life like for yiu? The way some people talk about it, it sounds like hell and I'm curious how common that is.
>>
>>9078399
Not entirely sure how Lolita communities work but can you suspend her for a bit if people are hesitant about kicking her entirely?
>>
>>9077066
>>9077212
>>9078838
Ultimatum given! Explained to her that her behaviour was really nasty and unnecessary, tried to find out if there was a "reason" (not that i think anything would justify it, but i like to try to give people a chance to explain) and basically told her to stop being a bitch or gtfo (was obviously much more diplomatic irl though it was tempting haha). She tried to claim they were misinterpreting her words but i shut that one down like in all the years ive known you youve never been so autistic that youve insulted us while trying to compliment us so am i really meant to believe that youve accidentally done that every time youve opened your mouth around these two? Then she went on about 'having new people in who obviously feel like theyre entitled to be in the comm', 1. those girls have never acted entitled about anything, theyve been very respectful and polite, 2. thats such a stupid attitude, we dont get newcomers that often but we arent just going to shut the comm off, and 3. it seems to be you who thinks that you're entitled to being in the comm no matter how badly you treat people (i mentioned here that the tide of public opinion is swaying towards the new girls rather than backing her up, idk if that was a bit mean but she is definitely the kind of person who wouldnt listen if she thought it was just my opinion rather than the whole comms).

She didnt really have much to say for herself after that. I'm kind of not even sure if she will continue to turn up to things now because she is the type to really hate being called out/will never admit that she is wrong. But i have to say right now that im not feeling like itll be a great loss if she stops coming. Hopefully its all done and dusted now, i hate having to deal with this kind of drama because it is so so unnecessary!
>>
>>9081812
Good work, anon! It sounds like you're doing a great job as a mod.
>>
Does anybody have deets on the ban in the SO comm?
>>
>>9086618
>>9086912
>>
>>9078360
It's still in the archive, calm down.
>>
>>9087057
I don't understand
>>
File: 1.png (131 KB, 493x436) Image search: [Google]
1.png
131 KB, 493x436
>>
File: 2.png (201 KB, 492x486) Image search: [Google]
2.png
201 KB, 492x486
>>9087662
>>
File: 3.png (92 KB, 448x280) Image search: [Google]
3.png
92 KB, 448x280
>>9087666
BTFO lol
>>
File: 1458064672247.jpg (196 KB, 1132x817) Image search: [Google]
1458064672247.jpg
196 KB, 1132x817
>>9087666
Found the thread Helen mentioned, and this in it from an artists alley group.
>>
>>9087715
Yeah, those are really creepy and pointless.
>>
Ah, RC uncensored never fails me. Quality drama threads on the regular

That 14 year old Ariana needs the fucking boot. She acts like every 14 year old who has discovered /b/ for the first time.
>>
>>9087662
I just saw the vid, and I'm not sure how defamation was going on there, unless you count that one screencap. I'm fairly neutral on this drama but the whole thing seems to just be a presentation of how they feel about the situation and that person's account of it. Unless you mean like, defaming themselves I guess?
>>
There was a post in the KC Lolita comm group about how slander would result in a ban with comments disable and now the post has been deleted.
>>
>>9088141
i have screencaps from the whole damn thread, her's included. that was a wreck.
>>
>>9088191
Is there chaos in KC right now? A number of people from Chigothloli are upset too.
>>
>>9088200
yes, please, give us the deets! how's the KC comm fairing right now??
>>
>>9088200
There's no chaos in the Kansas City Lolitas comm. Their rational with issues is DO NOT DISCUSS BAN THREATS DELETE DELETE COMMENTS DISABLES while the mod giggles to herself and pretends h8rs make her famous.
>>
>>9088202
There was a big argument about whether Paradiso was a comm event or a public Jfashion one and no one could agree on why/why not they weren't let in.
>>
>>9088191
>1
I think with all the dramus getting out of control, the post on the KC comm was more of a warning for everyone to keep a cool head and not say anything that's a bannable offense.
>>
>>9079095
My comm life (as someone who sits at the popular table) has always been really good. Minimum drama in my main comm and dealt with quickly, made friends easily, then joined a sub-comm that is even nicer (better dressed, better meets and activities because we can afford it basically) but I still attend some main comm meets that seem fun too.
>>
>>9066508
This. I kind of don't even want to count my first 2 years because I wasn't very serious or committed and really working on what I consider good, coherently styled complete coords until year 3 of wearing the fashion. It also makes me laugh when someone says they are 'into the fashion' but don't have any clothes yet. Nope.
I estimate that at least 1/2 the people here who talk lolita don't even dress lolita too.
>>
>>9088203
There is no chaos because the two very active mods ban the very few trouble-makers quickly and don't abuse their mod power. It's a welcoming and friendly comm. The comm at large has a very good track record of making fun meets and posting good online topics to engage the group. They are way more patient than average with noobs too. Members travel to other comms often and are good guests and also good hostesses when others visit.

The 3rd mod could be better, she's not as active as she should be.
>>
>>9088265
+1
>>
>>9088631
I should clarify, the post was in the "Kansas City Lolitas" comm facebook group and not the "FBI Lolitas of Kansas City" comm facebook group

Why are there two comms? Fuck if I know. After I went to the first meet for the main comm someone on facebook added me to FBI as well.
>>
>>9078430
What the fuck, I hate children and even I wouldn't do that.
>>
>>9088141
She's not even 14. She JUST turned 13. A couple months ago we got her profile deleted because she flat out said she was 12 and we thought it would make her go away. It didn't...
>>
File: 4chanpartyvan.jpg (113 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
4chanpartyvan.jpg
113 KB, 750x600
Did someone say FBI?
>>
>>9088641
Because butthurt. FBI was initially made as a secret group to trash the main comm so I'm not surprised they are now publicly serving us this Fine Quality Content. It's a very accurate example to serve as an introduction to the conduct of this group in general, actually. Well done. <golf clap>
>>
who is Paul Salvatori? He's trying to get in on the eyebrow chan drama
>>
>>9088995
LMAO he's the one who was filming Kate's "documentary". Hilarious for him to suddenly spring up now.
>>
>>9088997
Oh god this keeps getting better
>>
>>9088997
>>9088995
omfg I was just about to ask the same question hahahahahah. He needs to get his ass out of our groups, he doesn't belong there and no one gives a fuck about what he has to say.
>>
File: nice.png (13 KB, 451x116) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
13 KB, 451x116
>>9089000
He smelled bullying accusations and came sprinting, he's been dying to drag lolitas through the mud from day 1 (probably because he got rejected by one, that's always how it goes isn't it?)
>>
>>9088997
Didn't he comment on SuperCarly64's parody of Kate's documentary that he actually liked what Carly did?
>>
>>9089025
He was trying to draw positive attention to his documentary, I bet. It was a publicity farce.
>>
So what happened to the people who made the video and posted it? They've been completely absent during the whole shitstorm, which is good for them, but where'd they go?? For someone to make a video like that I wouldn't expect them to be mature enough to understand why they should leave it alone.
>>
>>9089045
Hiding and whispering 'wtf', I imagine. I don't think it got the response they were looking for. Hopefully they realized they did more harm than good, outed the full name and location of the 'child' themselves and opened everyone they are connected with and their entire group to scorn and ridicule. I'd be quiet after that too. Very quiet.
>>
>>9066732
>>9066732
Yes, actually.

Lolita is the diminutive form of Dolores. It is like how Dick means Richard.

That's the only reason the book is named 'Lolita', the main girl's name is Dolores. It was a common name and nickname when the book was written.
>>
>>9089045
the black girl tried responding early on to a few of the comments on the thread, but since it quickly went from "who cares" to "lol what a thief" she disappeared. A+ work you guys
>>
>>9089124
Actually is a little more complicated than that Lola is a hypocorism from Dolores that then is added the diminutive suffix "ita"
And yes basically lolita means "little pain"
>>
File: 1427325159947.jpg (7 KB, 250x192) Image search: [Google]
1427325159947.jpg
7 KB, 250x192
>>9069432
>>9069434
Make it happen you guys!
>>
>>9089005
>(probably because he got rejected by one, that's always how it goes isn't it?)

lolwat explain? (you don't mean kate do you?)
>>
>>9066508
I feel like the quality of the lolita is inversely proportional to their quantifiers and their willingness to share them.

I've noticed the people who most often mention how long they've been in lolita are often the most ita. Same with the concrit people-- the ones least open to concrit tend to be pretty ita too.

Is that just me?
>>
>>9089124
Her real name is not Dolores or anything similar, though. She's talking out of her ass.
>>
>>9076507
Help new lolitas to become better, give them makeovers. When they are perfect lolitas salt-chan won't find anything to insult them.
>>
that gross sissy MB is finally leaving lolita
>>
>>9091355
He didn't leave when we banned him?
>>
>>9091386
Apparently not? He's only just now selling off his disgusting shoes and announcing he's leaving officially
>>
>>9091394
Someone has got to message those girls and let them know his heinous deeds.
>>
>>9088141
She's in my comm and I want to boot her every time she opens her mouth. Children shouldn't be welcome in comms.
>>
File: image.jpg (458 KB, 632x632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458 KB, 632x632
>>9067137
>>9067213
You could mod that overdress on the right and have someone believe it was legit Innocent World. My ma hates lolita because she was forced to wear ribbons and a sailor OP in the 70s to early 80s. Meanwhile I crave all dat Laura Ashley shit, from a time where lolita-esque frills/lace/pintucks were mainstream. I pick up vintage secretary blouses whenever I go thrifting.
>>
>>9078399
I'm exactly the same as you. Into it for a decade from the age of 13, but I feel like I've had to ditch some questionable tastes and learn the rules all over again. I'm confused by new school sometimes.
>>
>>9078823

That child is more mature than you are.
>>
>>9091595

What I wouldn't give for those hats, damn.
>>
>>9067137
My mom used to dress me in dresses like these all the time when I was a kid. Funny how she's still holding onto three or four of them for her "future grandaughter(s)."
>>
>>9091480
I agree. I'm sorry you hav to put up with her. I hope she is not so edgy in person all through meets but I'm thinking she is. I wish she'd get kicked from the online group, I'm already tired of her. Block is a good thing. Pity it doesn't work in person.
>>
>>9076507
Since when has unsolicited concrit been anything but rude. If 'no concrit unless asked' isn't a rule in the group, might want to add it. Saves much headache and hurt feelings.
>>
>>9091817
The rule is currently the opposite, conceit unless the poster specifies no concrit.
Constructive criticism is fantastic. Why should the rule be changed? Because this generation is polluted with special snowflakes and aspies? No.
>>
>>9089124
tfw your real name is Dolores but you refuse to let anyone know because of cringe like this
>>9066721
>>
>>9091834
In closet of frills yes but in private comms? I'm asking because we don't post concrit of someone in our local community group unless it's actually requested.
>>
File: __ahbsjdkasg.png (27 KB, 769x241) Image search: [Google]
__ahbsjdkasg.png
27 KB, 769x241
Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but I saw this while browsing Loris' taobao

...why would you leave a review in English on a Chinese shopping site. No one can understand you.
>>
>>9089124
Did you read what you replied to? It wasn't 'is lolita a nickname', it was 'is her name something that loli would be a nickname for'. The answer is no as another anon gave her name.
>>
>>9093390
I wish more people would do that. I'm tired of attempting to decipher Google translate reviews that all read like "Baby had qualities, very fried chicken. American ^^"
>>
>>9093597
Looooooool
All of this
>>
>>9093390
That icon looks like it's Soccer Mom-chan.
>>
>>9093820
Isn't it her? I don't know her personally but she's always bragging about her huge Taobao hauls in Rufflechat.
>>
>>9093842
This is a weird thing to brag about considering everything on TB is dirt cheap. Brand hauls are are one thing but TB? Weird
>>
>>9093820
It is her.
>>
Is anyone else grossed out by the ddlg chick in the RC:U thread? She won't shut up about it.
>>
>>9094578
Absolutely Disgusting. The best part is her bawwwing about how she can't make lolita friends.
>>
File: trashydesu.jpg (106 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
trashydesu.jpg
106 KB, 768x960
>>9094578
Have you seen her pictures? She's human garbage, everything is either her and her nasty "daddy" or a picture of her in ratty cat ears and dingy lingerie. I can't find a single picture of her in lolita anywhere.
>>
>>9094578
She's so fucking gross holy shit
>>
>>9094578
> "Guise I may be into DDLG, but I don't like to shove it down people's throats!"
> proceeds to tell EVERYONE about her sex life
>>
>>9094685
newfag pls what is your reply even about holy shit
>>
File: image.png (296 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
296 KB, 750x1334
>>9094690
lmfao yep newfag detected. don't think I didn't screenshot before you deleted your shit comment.

Pic related is deleted comment I was replying to in >>9094690 so someone else can make fun of it too
>>
>>9094698
oh my god this is so embarrassing.
>>
File: 1300866494694.jpg (31 KB, 406x536) Image search: [Google]
1300866494694.jpg
31 KB, 406x536
>>9094698
>calling someone newfag
>not knowing that all cgl posts are archived
>>
>>9094730
yeah exactly? the fact that they deleted it thinking it would go away? lmao
>>
>>9094799
no you walnut, there are literally multiple sites that automatically archive everything on /cgl/

Anon was pointing out the irony of you calling someone else a newfag when you didn't even realize there was no reason to cap the original newfag's post.
>>
>>9094698
I actually sort of agree with the basics of whet they're saying
>>
>>9094668
i really wanted to mention in the thread that shes not even a lolita, but watching the flood of replies was too entertaining desu
>>
I'm new to Lolita, would anyone give me link to RC uncensored? Tried Googling it, no luck
>>
>>9095325
It's on Facebook.

/groups/lolitadebate/
>>
>>9095343
Thanks anon!
>>
>>9094668
Ewww... Yeah, definitely don't need a description of their sex life.
>>
>>9093922
....we have taobao threads where people do exactly that on this very board...
>>
>>9096025
And that's probably the only place anyone is really impressed by a taobao haul. Most people I know just think taobao is a convenient source for blouses and underskirts that don't break the bank and occasionally a few cute accessories. I'm glad they have cheaper print brands to keep budget-chans off the replicas as much but I'm not really into them myself and I'd rather have Japanese brand main pieces.
>>
>Typing like a retard
>>
File: 20160712_161518.png (467 KB, 1055x1641) Image search: [Google]
20160712_161518.png
467 KB, 1055x1641
I hate rufflechat
>>
>>9099270
Is she British bc she sounds british
>>
Other than Rufflechat, RC: U, and CoF what other lolita FB groups are worth joining?
>>
>>9099332
Just Lolita Updates imo.
>>
At least Frances hasn't found RC:U yet.
>>
>>9099404
Don't jinx it
>>
>>9099332
Depends what you are after. If you want these things purely to stay involved with what is going on in the community then what you have (and lolita updates) is good, but if you want to follow along with drama outside of /cgl/ then bsolf, pintucks and lace, lolita sewing collective, Lolita humour and lolita mentoring are all good.
>>
>>9088199
please post
>>
>>9099282
I can't believe how many asspats this topic got. Her grandmother's death is unfortunate but Rufflechat isn't your personal blog.
>>
>>9099332
I like Lolita Memes In English, but in reality, anything but Lolita Humor is sorta worth joining for lolita content.
>>
Shut up brazilian irish you poorfag ita, stop shitting up rc & rcu with your boring inane questions or bland interjections. You probably think this is because you are popular. It's not. I am just so sick of seeing your name pop up in thread after thread wittering on, your coords are awful and barely lolita, your opinion means holds no weight.
>>
File: 20160713_101945.png (118 KB, 1068x534) Image search: [Google]
20160713_101945.png
118 KB, 1068x534
This is just dumb
>>
>>9067636
>"ayy loli gib dem pictures"
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>9100154
right, lets just rename the fashion to be even closer linked with that godamn pedophile book
>eyerolling to oblivion
>>
>>9089255
Yep, that sounds about right.
>>
>>9100148
I always wonder if she's mentally retarded. In fact she reminded me of peacockfeather.
>>
>>9100154
Delores? Sometimes I really hate the English language
>>
>CTRL F
>no mention about any NC drama

Just want to mention that some members are noticing that the North Carolitas fb comm page has disappeared which means either the admin deleted it or there was a mass deletion of active members.
We're searching for some info as to why that occurred or if it was a mistake.
>>
>>9100591
Over in the local comm thread girls are reporting that their Facebook pages have disappeared as well.
>>9099081
>>9099387
>>
>>9100591
>>9100634
Facebook, get your shit together. This is too much to be a coincidence, what the fuck is going on?
>>
For the SJW LM is, she sure is a total piece of shit. Did that other girl ever get her stuff back?
LM is still a total abusive thief, she has no right to talk about shit.
>>
>>9100722
>"It makes me sick desu, I'm probably goign to get my stuff altered to get the logos removed."
Because removing the logo suddenly makes the item nameless and faceless amirite
Holy god I'm rustled though
>>
>>9100722
She is so strange, just looked at her page.
How is feminazi a "racist" term?
You can't be racist against an ideology...
>>
>>9100722
I fucking hate that bitch. Glad she fucked off from RC:U when people wouldn't take her bullshit
>>
>>9100722
I want to like her to badly bc she's been nice to me but I can't at all from how much of an entitled SJW she is. ]:
>>
>>9094668
She's overall icky but ugh that collar is atrocious. Even for goth or fetish wear its plain awful.
>>
>>9100634
Lolitas Australia and Brisbane Rufflebutts are gone too..
>>
>>9100722
>People are suffering for your brand!!! Don't you care about human rights!?!?
Sure Sana is a bitch, but she's acting like BABY has starving Chinese children chained in their basement and that's ridiculous. I wonder if she's typing all this crap from an iPhone.
>>
>>9099282
Then don't go on it.
>>
>>9100238
Most people don't hear the name Dolores and go "oh like the book!" Because most people just know the name of the book. Also people are named Dolores still, but people who are rarely go by "lolita" which is the word that triggers the pop culture registery in people's minds. It's already too closely related.
>>
>>9101057
Lolita is a very common name??
>>
>>9100722
Whoa, lead model homophobic and racist?
And who called Midori fat? When was all this? Deets?
>>
>>9101086
If they're talking about Misako, then all she really said was that tanning isn't really a good look for Japanese lolitas (nothing about naturally tan girls), and probably something about lolita being a fashion for girls, which excludes the poor menz boohoo so homophobic!!
>>
>>9101094
I think this is all weird since Isobe comes accross atleast neutral about foreigners. He was supposed to be a guest at Hellocon but he was in the hospital and because he wasn't able to make it to the teaparty he signed a postcard to everyone attending. Doesn't sound very hateful attitude towards foreigners? I doubt they would travel around with their brand if they absolutely hated foreigners wether or not purchases from abroad were valuable source of income.
>>
>>9101100
It's kind of weird that Baby has the reputation of hating foreigners the most, though. I think it's just mostly to do with the original Sana, the one who made those blacklists, but I thought I had heard she didn't work there any more.

AP's been accused of being racist towards Chinese girls too, but to me it just sounds like one shop girl, and the PAs targeting scalpers are pretty fair.

Meta and IW have never had this reputation and have always have been known for really good customer service. Since they're not as popular as AP or Baby maybe it's a good thing for them if Chinese lolitas start boycotting the other brands.
>>
>>9101108
Which is funny because Meta is the brand who produced Die Walkure.

Personally I don't give a shit about any of this and think people are looking way too hard for a reason to be Super Srs Internet Activists, without actually having to weigh in on real world issues because that's too scary.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.